Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #1156
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookingtigger View Post
Thank you! We are looking at buena vista suites for our stay before and after... $99 a night with free breakfast thru mouse savers I am worried we might not like it/location though. We have never been off Disney property. I have been looking at DTD as well but the prices are up there...we shall see, maybe a great groupon deal will come out!
I am looking at the Wyndham in DTD. It is $111.00. It was lower ($103.00) for a double, but I didnt get it at the time. Stupid me. I wanted to be as near to Disney property as I could get It looks like a nice hotel. It does include a continental breakfast.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Old 05-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #1157
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
I am looking at the Wyndham in DTD. It is $111.00. It was lower ($103.00) for a double, but I didnt get it at the time. Stupid me. I wanted to be as near to Disney property as I could get It looks like a nice hotel. It does include a continental breakfast.
Is that the Wyndham Bonnet Creek? There are soooo many Wyndhams that I get confused. Wasn't in DTD, but was just down the street. I might be confusing them....

....but we stayed at the Bonnet Creek place after our last cruise and it is AWESOME. TWO lazy rivers, several waterslides, activities at night.....and $2 ice cream sundaes every day. Fun way to end the vacation (after I got over my depression of getting off the boat).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #1158
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
Is that the Wyndham Bonnet Creek? There are soooo many Wyndhams that I get confused. Wasn't in DTD, but was just down the street. I might be confusing them....

....but we stayed at the Bonnet Creek place after our last cruise and it is AWESOME. TWO lazy rivers, several waterslides, activities at night.....and $2 ice cream sundaes every day. Fun way to end the vacation (after I got over my depression of getting off the boat).
Hi Beth
No, it is the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista. Located directly across from DTD. Beautiful hotel. They even have a character breakfast for the kids and an aquatic playground. You should check it out!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 05-31-2013, 06:45 AM   #1159
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
Ok guys it is time for me to announce my news.... I'm going to have to cancel our cruise. Well move my date really since I'm just not able to do it this December because of recent developments. I'll be moving our booking to the 12-13-14 Eastern instead.

Technically my TA hasn't moved the booking yet but I emailed her yesterday to request it. So it is just a matter of time until I am officially off this sailing.

I was advised earlier this week that due to my one C+ this semester, my graduate program has placed me on academic probation. As a result they have pulled my financial aid (our graduate program requires a 3.0 at all times). So I am not getting the money I was scheduled to be getting for classes and therefore will have to pay for my courses completely out of pocket this term (prob around 3k). I felt that I had to choose between paying for my classes out of pocket or paying the remaining balance on the cruise. Obviously my classes trumped the cruise no matter how much I was looking forward to the sailing and meeting everyone.

So I hope you guys all have an AMAZING time and I regret that I'll be unable to join you and meet everyone. Perhaps we'll meet again on another sailing one day.
I am so sorry to hear your news Lianne! I completely understand your position though, school has GOT to come first, especially at the tuition prices today !! It will pay off in the long run, and Disney will be waiting to greet you then ( plus, with an education you can go MORE OFTEN because you can afford it !)
Some of the hardest decisions wind up to be the best for us in the long run. Keep in touch and see you in Alaska !!!
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #1160
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Well I booked air for the way down for Myself and family. We are stuck there if we can't get a way home....LOL I got air for myself, DH, DD, DD, Sister in law(Lori) and 2 nieces so a total of 7 for $750 and that includes 5 pieces of luggage. If we need more I will send boxes of FE's down with my parents. They are going a week ahead of time in their motorhome. So awesome on the way down,,,,hoping to score for way back soon!!!! Hoping to stay under $250 total each person. Well just a little update...sleepy here and I have to go to work soon so talk to you all later!!!

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #1161
daipp
Proud to be Welsh

As we hit the 7 month date last week,we have managed to book a 1BR in AKV - Kidani the day we get off the ship for the following week so our Christmas accommodation is sorted.

Due to the time difference between the UK and USA, I had a long lunch hour so I could book on the DVC Member website - we are so happy we got the room we wanted.

David
daipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #1162
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

Surgery Update: It has now been 9 days since I had gastric bypass and gallbladder removal. The first few days were ROUGH, but I am doing great now. Actually, I feel almost normal (if I was ever normal to begin with ). Each day gets easier and brings a lower number on the scale ! I started a blog if you want to read my journey thus far. diaryofashrinkingmom.blogspot.com

QOTD answer: My favorite thing about planning a Disney cruise/vacation is the excitement from my children. They love looking at hotels we will stay at before/after the cruise, the cruise ship, activities, etc. I feel so blessed to be able to make these special memories with them.

We are doing MVMCP and right now, we are trying to decide where to stay. We stayed at POFQ last year and while we loved it, I want to try something different. One of the places on my wish list is the Polynesian and my husband really wants to take us there. I just don't know if I can justify the price, though. Has anyone ever stayed there? We will be staying for 3 nights.....is the price worth it? He also likes the look of Old Key West.

Disney Dream December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside December 2013
Ward On Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #1163
remy324
Earning My Ears

We love Old Key West. That is our Home Resort for the Disney Vacation Club. If you like laid back accommodations this is your place. And the rooms are larger than other resorts.
remy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #1164
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
Surgery Update: It has now been 9 days since I had gastric bypass and gallbladder removal. The first few days were ROUGH, but I am doing great now. Actually, I feel almost normal (if I was ever normal to begin with ). Each day gets easier and brings a lower number on the scale ! I started a blog if you want to read my journey thus far. diaryofashrinkingmom.blogspot.com
Congrats, Laura!!! Thanks for sharing the blog address -- I enjoyed reading through it. Your honesty and humor make the writing so engaging! Praying for your recovery.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #1165
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

I bought my MVMCP tickets. We are going to go Thursday night. I hope we all can last through the party, because we fly out Thursday morning at 5:45am. I guess when we get to Orlando we will have to take a nap

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Last edited by disneydiva16; 06-05-2013 at 08:41 PM.
disneydiva16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #1166
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I bought my MVMCP tickets. We are going to go Thursday night. I hope we all can last through the party, because we fly out Thursday morning at 5:4am. I guess when we get to Orlando we will have to take a nap
Yay! That is when we are going too

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #1167
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookingtigger View Post
Yay! That is when we are going too
We should make a plan to meet up and say "Hi". But let's make it an early meet up because I might be a zombie later (up since 3am) LOL

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 06-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #1168
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Well, seeing as how Michelle is no longer able to join us, I guess I can step up and be the leader. Unless someone else would like to do it and then I will gladly step aside (anyone anyone??)!!

I am not as organized as she is, but she will still be able to help manage the website because her cruise that she switched to is not that busy and quite frankly....I will make her help me!!!!

First order of business is to let everyone know that we are still going to have a wonderful time and I don't want anyone feeling like they are not an integral part of this cruise!!! So if anyone has any ideas, thoughts or concerns....please let me know!!

Christi~We are still going to do the pink ladies thing right?! Because after trying to keep the cruise stuff organized I am definitely going to need a drink or two (more like 5 or 6)!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 06-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #1169
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, seeing as how Michelle is no longer able to join us, I guess I can step up and be the leader. Unless someone else would like to do it and then I will gladly step aside (anyone anyone??)!!

I am not as organized as she is, but she will still be able to help manage the website because her cruise that she switched to is not that busy and quite frankly....I will make her help me!!!!

First order of business is to let everyone know that we are still going to have a wonderful time and I don't want anyone feeling like they are not an integral part of this cruise!!! So if anyone has any ideas, thoughts or concerns....please let me know!!

Christi~We are still going to do the pink ladies thing right?! Because after trying to keep the cruise stuff organized I am definitely going to need a drink or two (more like 5 or 6)!!!
WOOHOO, Robin!!! Sounds like an AWESOME plan!

Glad you are also recruiting (or forcing?) Michelle to keep in touch with us!! She's the one who got us all going in the first place!!!

Let me know if I can help, but I organization is NOT NOT NOT my strongsuit.

Who's psyched that we're hitting the six month mark this week!!!

We are!!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #1170
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We should make a plan to meet up and say "Hi". But let's make it an early meet up because I might be a zombie later (up since 3am) LOL
That would be fun We will be in the park at 4:00 if they are letting people in to the party early! I totally understand the zombie thing, that first day for us is always rough too!

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: