Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #1126
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

I'm leaving the group :(

Ok guys it is time for me to announce my news.... I'm going to have to cancel our cruise. Well move my date really since I'm just not able to do it this December because of recent developments. I'll be moving our booking to the 12-13-14 Eastern instead.

Technically my TA hasn't moved the booking yet but I emailed her yesterday to request it. So it is just a matter of time until I am officially off this sailing.

I was advised earlier this week that due to my one C+ this semester, my graduate program has placed me on academic probation. As a result they have pulled my financial aid (our graduate program requires a 3.0 at all times). So I am not getting the money I was scheduled to be getting for classes and therefore will have to pay for my courses completely out of pocket this term (prob around 3k). I felt that I had to choose between paying for my classes out of pocket or paying the remaining balance on the cruise. Obviously my classes trumped the cruise no matter how much I was looking forward to the sailing and meeting everyone.

So I hope you guys all have an AMAZING time and I regret that I'll be unable to join you and meet everyone. Perhaps we'll meet again on another sailing one day.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #1127
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Lianne~I am so sorry to see you go! But I understand the importance of school and obviously that comes first. Atleast you still get to cruise (even if you have now added another 365 days to your wait time).

Perhaps we will sail with you when you do Alaska Stop back in to say "Hey" to us every now and again. And GOOD LUCK with school!!!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #1128
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Lianne~I am so sorry to see you go! But I understand the importance of school and obviously that comes first. Atleast you still get to cruise (even if you have now added another 365 days to your wait time).

Perhaps we will sail with you when you do Alaska Stop back in to say "Hey" to us every now and again. And GOOD LUCK with school!!!!!
Thanks Robin. You are so sweet and Alaska sounds like a great plan.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #1129
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

Thank you for keeping everything organized for us! My information looks correct, except in the original roll call list. We ARE going to MVMCP--probably on the 12th!

LiAnne, I am sad to lose you. I completely understand the costs involved in school and applaud you for keeping up with your studies. Hopefully we end up on another cruise together!!

Life is happening for us here in NC We're gearing up for summer and dh just got us passes to our local waterpark for the summer! Maybe that'll take care of my pasty white legs! Next Thursday, May 23, I am having surgery. I am having my gallbladder taken out and I'm also having gastric bypass. Please, if you will, say a prayer or ten for safety, wisdom on the healthcare team, comfort for my family and I, and a quick recovery! I am actually going on a 5-night Carnival cruise with a group of girl friends June 18-24, so I need to heal quickly!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Is it December yet?

Disney Dream December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside December 2013
Ward On Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #1130
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325
Ok guys it is time for me to announce my news.... I'm going to have to cancel our cruise. Well move my date really since I'm just not able to do it this December because of recent developments. I'll be moving our booking to the 12-13-14 Eastern instead.

Technically my TA hasn't moved the booking yet but I emailed her yesterday to request it. So it is just a matter of time until I am officially off this sailing.

I was advised earlier this week that due to my one C+ this semester, my graduate program has placed me on academic probation. As a result they have pulled my financial aid (our graduate program requires a 3.0 at all times). So I am not getting the money I was scheduled to be getting for classes and therefore will have to pay for my courses completely out of pocket this term (prob around 3k). I felt that I had to choose between paying for my classes out of pocket or paying the remaining balance on the cruise. Obviously my classes trumped the cruise no matter how much I was looking forward to the sailing and meeting everyone.

So I hope you guys all have an AMAZING time and I regret that I'll be unable to join you and meet everyone. Perhaps we'll meet again on another sailing one day.
Awww. So sad you are leaving us. Hated removing you off the webpage. Well hope to sail with you soon!!!

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #1131
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
Thank you for keeping everything organized for us! My information looks correct, except in the original roll call list. We ARE going to MVMCP--probably on the 12th!

LiAnne, I am sad to lose you. I completely understand the costs involved in school and applaud you for keeping up with your studies. Hopefully we end up on another cruise together!!

Life is happening for us here in NC We're gearing up for summer and dh just got us passes to our local waterpark for the summer! Maybe that'll take care of my pasty white legs! Next Thursday, May 23, I am having surgery. I am having my gallbladder taken out and I'm also having gastric bypass. Please, if you will, say a prayer or ten for safety, wisdom on the healthcare team, comfort for my family and I, and a quick recovery! I am actually going on a 5-night Carnival cruise with a group of girl friends June 18-24, so I need to heal quickly!!

I hope everyone is doing well. Is it December yet?

Will pray for your surgery, Laura, and for a quick recovery!!!

LiAnne--- you know how I feel!!! But I totally understand! You'd better still pop in and let us know how school and all is going!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #1132
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post

Will pray for your surgery, Laura, and for a quick recovery!!!

LiAnne--- you know how I feel!!! But I totally understand! You'd better still pop in and let us know how school and all is going!!!
It feels weird checking this page and posting still. Depressing even. And Beth school is going great right now, I took the summer off to make life easier for a bit. I couldn't spend 12+ hours a day in a classroom between work and school. So I will start back in August.

Yeah Michelle I am really disappointed I won't get to meet you, Robin and Beth. And of course everyone else too but you guys are the main ones we have been chatting with. I also wanted to see how tiny Laura gets too. Robin and Michelle will just have to let me know the date for Alaska and we will plan for that.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #1133
tntstults
Earning My Ears

Is there a way to modify the form we filled out? My family wants to participate in the ornament exchange. Thanks!
tntstults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #1134
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntstults
Is there a way to modify the form we filled out? My family wants to participate in the ornament exchange. Thanks!
I will add ya

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
Old 05-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #1135
remy324
Earning My Ears

Talking

This will be our 18th Disney Cruise and can hardly wait. We just returned from the Fantasy on Saturday, what a great time we had. Countdown has already started for December.
remy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #1136
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy324 View Post
This will be our 18th Disney Cruise and can hardly wait. We just returned from the Fantasy on Saturday, what a great time we had. Countdown has already started for December.
Well Hello there!
18 Disney cruises....Lucky you!!! This is my 2nd, but we had such a great time on our first cruise that we keep coming back. I have another cruise booked next year going to the southern caribbean. I cant wait

Are you going to do the activities that are listed on the web page? If so, fill out the "join us" form and Michelle will add ya!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 05-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #1137
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by remy324 View Post
Welcome!!! I have added you to the web page. Check it out.
I have added you to FE list #1.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #1138
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post

Lianne,
I'm so sorry you won't be joining us! I was looking forward to meeting in person. I totally understand your commitment to school. My husband just graduated with his bachelors last week (at 35 yrs old) it was grueling for us at times good luck on your schooling, maybe we will meet in Alaska, that is our next destination too
-Alisha

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #1139
The2Travelers
Earning My Ears

Location: We live in and travel in a motorhome all of the time.

New to this group and to cruising

We will be joining our daughters each with their child for this cruise. We will all 3 have separate staterooms. Laura is traveling with Ryan age 8, Jennifer is traveling with Etta age 13 months current ages, Her friend Pete will come along because he loves all things Disney too. Jim and I will just be enjoying time with them and our first cruise adventure. This thread of the forum makes me so excited although I keep having to look up all the Initials to find out what things mean. We would love to sign up on the website so we can know some folks before we arrive. I would like to participate in the activities you have planned- I have learned to let the daughters speak for themselves. Count us in as counting down til December in Florida and beyond!!

Last edited by The2Travelers; 05-19-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: change of wording
The2Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #1140
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Travelers View Post
We will be joining our daughters each with their child for this cruise. We will all 3 have separate staterooms. Laura is traveling with Ryan age 8, Jennifer is traveling with Etta age 13 months current ages, Her friend Pete will come along because he loves all things Disney too. Jim and I will just be enjoying time with them and our first cruise adventure. This thread of the forum makes me so excited although I keep having to look up all the Initials to find out what things mean. We would love to sign up on the website so we can know some folks before we arrive. I would like to participate in the activities you have planned- I have learned to let the daughters speak for themselves. Count us in as counting down til December in Florida and beyond!!
Hi Cynthia Welcome aboard!!! I see in your avatar that you live in and travel around in a motor home. This is actually a dream of mine. My dh thinks I am crazy, but how cool is that to just drive somewhere without leaving the comfort of your home

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: