Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #1051
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
Way to call me out there Beth lol.

Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to mention I am loving the bracelet idea. It will be a fun way to recognize fellow DISers. Although I am hoping a lot of you will be recognizable enough without or without bracelets.
ha ha, LiAnne! Was talking about me, but if the shoe fits....
I'm CONSTANTLY trying to get "organized" around here!!!

On a serious note, been watching the news in Boston all day today. CRAZY! My sister is on lockdown in her apartment....along with the rest of the city!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #1052
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post

ha ha, LiAnne! Was talking about me, but if the shoe fits....
I'm CONSTANTLY trying to get "organized" around here!!!

On a serious note, been watching the news in Boston all day today. CRAZY! My sister is on lockdown in her apartment....along with the rest of the city!
Yeah it was shocking to me to hear on the news today too. Thank goodness we are finally getting somewhere with that investigation.

At least staying home with the city on lockdown everyone is safe. I would feel better if I had family there knowing they are at home where everything is fine. I will be thinking of your family and praying for Boston.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #1053
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Just a little message from DCL

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #1054
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
Beth, I am glad they caught the suspect! Hopefully things can get back to semi normal for the city of Boston, but I have a feeling that the we will be feeling the effects of this for a long time!!!

I am glad your sister is safe!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #1055
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Just a little message from DCL

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 04-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #1056
Magic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
After voting--- Our cutoff date for joining the FE will be November 1st. As of now we have 33 staterooms. We will leave the list at this number...if we get 2 more families we will then split into a smaller group of 15 for those of you wanting a smaller amt and a group of 20, this group would take the extra people who then joined. Those stating they wanted 30-40 would of course be on the larger group. Nothing at this point changes as most of you said 30 was ok and we only have 33. At the cost of the cruise..not sure we will get a ton more. We shall see. I will keep you posted if more join.
Thanks for the survey - you are definitely a great FE organizer!!!
Magic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #1057
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic25

Thanks for the survey - you are definitely a great FE organizer!!!
Thank you..... We have a questionnaire for the braclet idea too.

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #1058
ForTheLoveOfDCL

info for the Pink ladies meet, has been posted to the webpage! CHECK IT OUT!! Man we are coming along--- 238 days!!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #1059
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Beth, I am glad they caught the suspect! Hopefully things can get back to semi normal for the city of Boston, but I have a feeling that the we will be feeling the effects of this for a long time!!!

I am glad your sister is safe!!!
Thanks, Robin!
I'm so glad they caught him!! Just a crazy day and week for the whole city! (We are about an hour outside Boston, but my sister works 2 blocks from the explosions and lives just over a mile from where they finally caught him!)

She should be home tomorrow for a couple of days -- when we'll be working on planning the FE's and also planning a shower for our cousin in June!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #1060
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Just an idea for everyone to think of-- when filling out the form for bracelets...kids 12 and up probably will wear adults. if you rethink ur answer just go back and refill out the form and I will take ur last entry as what u want!

Old 04-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #1061
emullins91
Earning My Ears

We will be joining you on this cruise! It will be me (Erin) age 22 at time of cruise and my mom (Gini). We are DVC members and this will be our third disney cruise. Our first cruise was on the magic in dec 2011 where we met Ben and Ayme (Aymekae), then we sailed on the member cruise on the dream this past Jan. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

emullins91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #1062
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by emullins91
We will be joining you on this cruise! It will be me (Erin) age 22 at time of cruise and my mom (Gini). We are DVC members and this will be our third disney cruise. Our first cruise was on the magic in dec 2011 where we met Ben and Ayme (Aymekae), then we sailed on the member cruise on the dream this past Jan. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Welcome...I will add you to everything tonight!!!

Old 04-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #1063
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Just to keep the excitement going, I thought a question of the week would be fun and help us all get to know each other. please participate...the more we chat, the more we get to know each other and the more fun it makes seeing each other on the cruise!!!

What is your favorite thing to do onboard the Disney Cruise Ships and if you haven't sailed...what are u most looking forward to?? Also any questions from first timers to past cruisers as well!!!

Old 04-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #1064
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

Tough question! I love everything from going under the Mickey ears embarking the ship to ordering cookies at midnight from room service and getting chocolates on our pillows after delicious dinner and exceptional shows. However, my favorite part about our last Disney cruise (aboard the Dream) was Castaway Cay. Gorgeous and so serene!

Disney Dream December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside December 2013
Ward On Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #1065
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
I love everything from going under the Mickey ears embarking the ship
I want to get our picture taken while we are under the ears. My friend did this last time and it came out great. I will be on a mission for this picture to start my cruise off

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: