Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #1036
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,875

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Ok so people are chatting about the size of the FE... I made a survey... please if you want to have a vote...go to this link and type ur Dis name in the space allocated and vote by Friday April 19. If u voted via facebook..DON"T VOTE AGAIN and visa versa. Thank you all!! We will go with the majority! Thanks
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WDi...S_5jo/viewform
I don't know who Sunne23 is but it you answered that, tell me otherwise this vote won't count...thanks
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #1037
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer
 
lianne_0325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 329

Well I decided to relax rather than killing myself to recover from surgery and graduate in December. So I am gonna graduate spring rather than fall to make life more manageable.

I figured taking one class this summer sounded a lot better than three. The idea of being in training for my new position and then having to go to school four nights a week all summer was too much. It isn't like my job is constituent on getting the degree so I felt like there wasn't a rush on getting through the program other than that internal one I gave myself because of the cruise.

So for this sailing we will no longer be celebrating my graduation. But we can say we will be celebrating one year post op since that date will occur during our trip. :-) Or just a much needed family vacation (because who doesn't need those right?!?). Anyways just wanted to update everyone to my plans.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-17-2013, 07:35 AM   #1038
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran
 
noahsketomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
Well I decided to relax rather than killing myself to recover from surgery and graduate in December. So I am gonna graduate spring rather than fall to make life more manageable.

I figured taking one class this summer sounded a lot better than three. The idea of being in training for my new position and then having to go to school four nights a week all summer was too much. It isn't like my job is constituent on getting the degree so I felt like there wasn't a rush on getting through the program other than that internal one I gave myself because of the cruise.

So for this sailing we will no longer be celebrating my graduation. But we can say we will be celebrating one year post op since that date will occur during our trip. :-) Or just a much needed family vacation (because who doesn't need those right?!?). Anyways just wanted to update everyone to my plans.
That sounds like a much more manageable schedule, LiAnne!

Btw, so happy to hear how well you are recovering from the surgery!!! Woohoo !!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Beth - Trying to keep up with the rest of them!
DH DS (12) DD (11) DS (8) DD (7)
noahsketomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #1039
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran
 
disneydiva16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool, NY
Posts: 1,702

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
Well I decided to relax rather than killing myself to recover from surgery and graduate in December. So I am gonna graduate spring rather than fall to make life more manageable.

I figured taking one class this summer sounded a lot better than three. The idea of being in training for my new position and then having to go to school four nights a week all summer was too much. It isn't like my job is constituent on getting the degree so I felt like there wasn't a rush on getting through the program other than that internal one I gave myself because of the cruise.

So for this sailing we will no longer be celebrating my graduation. But we can say we will be celebrating one year post op since that date will occur during our trip. :-) Or just a much needed family vacation (because who doesn't need those right?!?). Anyways just wanted to update everyone to my plans.
Yay to taking it easy over the summer. And it is wonderful that you are recovering so nicely
__________________

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd




____________________________

_______________
DCL 2013 Eastern/ASMu, WDW 2012 All Star Sports/AoA, WDW 2011 Pop Century, DCL 2009 Western, WDW 2009 All Star Movies, WDW 2004 Caribbean Beach Resort
disneydiva16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #1040
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer
 
lianne_0325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 329

So what is everyone doing? All this talk on shore excursions really makes me want to look at them.

I have my AquaDuck cup and Disney Dooney purse in this training session at work. So ready for this cruise. :D
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #1041
casilliman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryville TN
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
Well I decided to relax rather than killing myself to recover from surgery and graduate in December. So I am gonna graduate spring rather than fall to make life more manageable.

I figured taking one class this summer sounded a lot better than three. The idea of being in training for my new position and then having to go to school four nights a week all summer was too much. It isn't like my job is constituent on getting the degree so I felt like there wasn't a rush on getting through the program other than that internal one I gave myself because of the cruise.

So for this sailing we will no longer be celebrating my graduation. But we can say we will be celebrating one year post op since that date will occur during our trip. :-) Or just a much needed family vacation (because who doesn't need those right?!?). Anyways just wanted to update everyone to my plans.
I think it's a wonderful plan, Liane! Your health and sanity has to come first, and it's better to graduate a semeseter later than burn out and not graduate at all.
When I first joined this board we talked about celebrating our graduations together on the cruise, I had to make that difficult decision recently too. I had knee surgery a month ago which put off school full time this past spring, and I may be having more surgery this summer. So school plans will have to be adjusted. As it stands now, I have no idea when I will graduate, but I know I WILL, and so will YOU !!!
You still have a treasure chest full of reasons to celebrate, I say throw a deck party for all of them !!!
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #1042
casilliman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryville TN
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
So what is everyone doing? All this talk on shore excursions really makes me want to look at them.

I have my AquaDuck cup and Disney Dooney purse in this training session at work. So ready for this cruise. :D
Currently I am writing a report on reincarnation for my class on world religion.
For excursions? I am booking those for other people LOL.
My husband is interested in the regatta race. One boy is doing the thrill jet boat, the other the dubloon / turtle cove sailing. My excursions will be to the quiet cove every morning

AquaDuck Cup ?!?! I am looking forward to having one of those one day on my desk too
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #1043
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer
 
lianne_0325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 329

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post

Currently I am writing a report on reincarnation for my class on world religion.
For excursions? I am booking those for other people LOL.
My husband is interested in the regatta race. One boy is doing the thrill jet boat, the other the dubloon / turtle cove sailing. My excursions will be to the quiet cove every morning

AquaDuck Cup ?!?! I am looking forward to having one of those one day on my desk too
That sounds neat. My paper is on economics and the credit card industry.

Those Disney Tervis tumblers are great.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #1044
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,875

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmefox View Post
on our last cruise we had bracelets made so it was easy to recognize another DIS member on board here is a link to the proof
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1579
It had our sail date and the name of the cruise along with the DCL logo

you can also just barely see one in the picture I posted on FB.

If people are interested I could take this on and place an order for the group
OK Jamie.. I have been contemplating this bracelet idea. I think a fabulous idea as this would also help the kids recognize their fellow Dis kids at the ice cream socials and such. Here is my idea....take it for what its worth...ALOT I took a look at your link and I love the bracelets. I have a color idea--- since we are the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Cruise...red bracelets with white lettering or white with red lettering. I don't think putting red and green together would look very good though and not stand out as well. Just my thoughts. I also like that ur last cruise bought youth sizes too... I think that is probably a must seeing as we have so many kids. I have set up a voting system like I have for the join us form and such and see how many people would want and the colors they would like(knowing majority rules)---- this would help ya order......sound ok???
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1f3q...WkhtQ/viewform

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 04-19-2013 at 10:49 AM.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #1045
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,875

After voting--- Our cutoff date for joining the FE will be November 1st. As of now we have 33 staterooms. We will leave the list at this number...if we get 2 more families we will then split into a smaller group of 15 for those of you wanting a smaller amt and a group of 20, this group would take the extra people who then joined. Those stating they wanted 30-40 would of course be on the larger group. Nothing at this point changes as most of you said 30 was ok and we only have 33. At the cost of the cruise..not sure we will get a ton more. We shall see. I will keep you posted if more join.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #1046
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer
 
lianne_0325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 329

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
After voting--- Our cutoff date for joining the FE will be November 1st. As of now we have 33 staterooms. We will leave the list at this number...if we get 2 more families we will then split into a smaller group of 15 for those of you wanting a smaller amt and a group of 20, this group would take the extra people who then joined. Those stating they wanted 30-40 would of course be on the larger group. Nothing at this point changes as most of you said 30 was ok and we only have 33. At the cost of the cruise..not sure we will get a ton more. We shall see. I will keep you posted if more join.
Thank you for the update!
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #1047
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran
 
disneydiva16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool, NY
Posts: 1,702

Thanks Michelle for keeping us posted.
__________________

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd




____________________________

_______________
DCL 2013 Eastern/ASMu, WDW 2012 All Star Sports/AoA, WDW 2011 Pop Century, DCL 2009 Western, WDW 2009 All Star Movies, WDW 2004 Caribbean Beach Resort
disneydiva16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #1048
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran
 
noahsketomom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 553

I'm good with it all -- bracelets, FE, etc.
Thanks Michelle and Jamie for organizing us all.
Especially those of us who are organizationally-challenged!
__________________
Beth - Trying to keep up with the rest of them!
DH DS (12) DD (11) DS (8) DD (7)
noahsketomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #1049
cncDisney4
DIS Veteran
 
cncDisney4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 509

Thanks Michelle for the FE update!!
__________________
cncDisney4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #1050
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer
 
lianne_0325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 329

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
I'm good with it all -- bracelets, FE, etc.
Thanks Michelle and Jamie for organizing us all.
Especially those of us who are organizationally-challenged!
Way to call me out there Beth lol.

Thanks for reminding me that I forgot to mention I am loving the bracelet idea. It will be a fun way to recognize fellow DISers. Although I am hoping a lot of you will be recognizable enough without or without bracelets.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: