Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #91
2Pirates&1Princess
Mouseketeer

I saw those hats on the Disney Store website also. Those really would be cute to have and they are on sale....Step away from the computer!!!!

WDW 2000 All Star Movies
WDW 2003 POR Riverside
WDW 2004 Pop Century
DCL Magic 2009 Western Caribbean
WDW 2011 Pop Century
2Pirates&1Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #92
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

I sort of see the hats as being cheaper than what we'll find them for on the cruise or in the parks at that time so I'm thinking they'll save me money to purchase them now?!? Although reading the reviews, it looks like they run small. So then I go back and forth between which ones my kids would really prefer. I was REALLY debating it with the 25% off that was going on last week (plus I had my own personal 25% off code for the Disney Store not having something in stock that I'd ordered but I finally used that today).

I'm trying to avoid all talk of ornaments though. I spent a FORTUNE on them after Christmas on the Disney Store site (well before I booked this cruise or on the one on the Dream actually). I was very disappointed to see the 25th anniversary set as it includes the $20 each D23 exclusive ornaments. I joined D23 to buy the silly things paid for the gold mbrship and then $20 a piece for the four ornaments they had at that time. Then they release 7 ornaments for the price I paid for four! On top of that it is exactly the same as the exclusive D23 ones. With my coupon, I received 7 for the price I paid for three! Man do I feel goofy about that one. I think I'm done purchasing my ornaments from Disney Store online. I found it very frustrating. They didn't have all I ordered and purchased in stock, kept having price changes before and afterwards and with this exclusive thing it was the end of it for me. Although I did buy a 25th set of course. I figure I'll keep some for our house and the others for the kids when they grow up.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #93
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Sorry for killing the thread with my grumpiness. I am usually a very happy go lucky person but felt like venting today.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #94
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
Sorry for killing the thread with my grumpiness. I am usually a very happy go lucky person but felt like venting today.
No worries!! I would be upset too. That does stink

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #95
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Morning everyone....Fantasy sails into New York...yeah...Wish it was Dec 2013...LOL

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #96
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Morning everyone....Fantasy sails into New York...yeah...Wish it was Dec 2013...LOL
Hmm....I wonder if Matt wants to take a drive to go see her? It would only be 2 hours more than our average Sunday drive to get to her

Old 02-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #97
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

I was looking at the pictures earlier of her arrival.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #98
ForTheLoveOfDCL

I found some info on DCL that shows some possible menu items. I made a sub-page under Fantasy Fun facts of the possible menus. Check it out

Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #99
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

I just love our website. I think your doing a great job Michelle! Now if we could only add a Santa graphic to it

Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #100
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

I gotta buy those santa(mickey ear) hats. I think they are too cute to pass up. I know my kids will wear them every year at Christmas time so I will get my moneys worth from them. OK...off to shop at Disneystore.com

Old 02-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #101
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Hmm

I feel like I should show them to the kids to see if they'd be interested in them but at the same time, I'm like why not take a chance and just buy them already? Haha. I do <3 that you've taken the time to post the menus and all on there.

Did you guys read about the no Mickey Bars on the recent cruises today? And about them potentially having ice cream sandwiches instead. My kids would be a bit disappointed to not have Mickey bars. Kayleigh ate them EVERY night at Dinner. It was grilled cheese (not on menu) and Mickey Bars for her constantly. Stinker! She kept wanting them in the parks too because she enjoyed them so much on the Dream.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #102
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Oh and am I the only one who loves seeing our group on the front page of the meets section? So cool since we are still quite a while away from sailing. Lots of time to get to know each other.

I am thinking with my investment in Disney ornaments I'd like to be in the exchange. I am not sure what to say with the dining linking. We don't know anyone on the cruise and so I'm thinking we aren't linked with anyone and probably won't be. I'm curious to see since they have a while in advance if they will sit us with others. On the Dream we had a table for just the four of us. We were wait listed originally for early dining so I was shocked at the last minute to have a table alone.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #103
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
Oh and am I the only one who loves seeing our group on the front page of the meets section? So cool since we are still quite a while away from sailing. Lots of time to get to know each other.

I am thinking with my investment in Disney ornaments I'd like to be in the exchange. I am not sure what to say with the dining linking. We don't know anyone on the cruise and so I'm thinking we aren't linked with anyone and probably won't be. I'm curious to see since they have a while in advance if they will sit us with others. On the Dream we had a table for just the four of us. We were wait listed originally for early dining so I was shocked at the last minute to have a table alone.
Being a chatty bunch will make our time to wait seem more managable and getting to know each other is exciting. Robin, Norma and I had a great cruise in 2009 together and had a great bunch who chatted it up over a year in advance and I think that made us all feel like we had friends onboard.

I will add you to the Ornament exchange. As far as dining, you can always chat in here and if you find a connection with someone and think it would be fun dining together, then link ressie's closer to the cruise. I only put it on the questionaire in case anyone wanted it to say maybe, so people knew who could ask to do so. We have a large party of 13 at our table

Robin told me of the Mickey bar up-roar. I love anything shaped in Mickey ears My DD got them every desert. but honestly as long as there is something Mickey ear shaped, well I don't care.

Robin --thanks --I know you love the website!! FYI to the rest of you...I may do all the work on the webpage, but Robin does come up and edits the webpage.. If there is anything you guys wanna see on it or suggestions let me know...doesn't mean I can do it..sometimes this web page causes some challanges but I will try!

Oh darn, I got sucked into the disneystore site....$88 later! Arrgghh But on a happy note...I AM GONNA GET MICKEY MAIL THEN!!!

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 02-28-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #104
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Hi Lianne...I just got done buying those hats. I am so excited. We will wear them for our embarkation photo. Cuz it is a christmas cruise ya know
I did read about the Mickey bars not being on the cruises anymore. I never had one so I dont really know what I am missing. My kids did enjoy them however, so they may be a little sad.

As far as dining goes, maybe we will be on the same dining rotation and we can sit near each other Well, that is if you dont mind sitting near Michelle on lobster night (watch out cuz butter goes flyin' everywhere)!!!!!

I think we are definitely going to have fun on our cruise! Everyone seems so nice to talk to

Old 02-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #105
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP View Post
My son Noah will be 6 1/2 by the time of the cruise (our 2nd). He loved the kids club and can't wait to go back. 656 days is a long time for a 4 (soon to be 5) yr old - long time for mommy, too!!

It sounds like he is going to have lots of great company!
Sophie will be glad she will have another friend to play with in the clubs!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: