Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #1006
PugNation
Earning My Ears

I just booked our first Disney Cruise and am so excited! I am pregnant now and we will be bringing baby with us. It will be me, DH, and Baby 3-4 months. I just joined and haven't looked thru the whole thread yet. I hope there are other little babies cruising. I hope I'm not the only crazy one! I have read such great reviews about traveling on DCL with infants. DH and I will also be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversery (just a couple months delayed).
PugNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #1007
jmefox
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugNation View Post
I just booked our first Disney Cruise and am so excited! I am pregnant now and we will be bringing baby with us. It will be me, DH, and Baby 3-4 months. I just joined and haven't looked thru the whole thread yet. I hope there are other little babies cruising. I hope I'm not the only crazy one! I have read such great reviews about traveling on DCL with infants. DH and I will also be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversery (just a couple months delayed).
We cruised with our oldest when he was 3 months ... he was actually old enough per disney on the day we left port. We had a great time! If you have any questions feel free to ask. We will be on board this time with a 4,2 and turning one!! I am really excited to celebrate her birthday on board.
jmefox is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #1008
PugNation
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmefox View Post
We cruised with our oldest when he was 3 months ... he was actually old enough per disney on the day we left port. We had a great time! If you have any questions feel free to ask. We will be on board this time with a 4,2 and turning one!! I am really excited to celebrate her birthday on board.
I am so happy to hear you guys had a great time. I have read lots of reviews for older infants but none for "just barely allowed" infants. I'm sure I will have lots of questions for you when we get closer to our sail date.
PugNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #1009
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugNation View Post
Welcome aboard!!!

Just on a side note-- thought I would share some happy news in our household. Nelia (9) lost a tooth today--nope not the first but an exciting day for her. Better then the adult tooth she broke 2 weeks ago. That one was repaired but she has to go in to an oral surgeon to make sure the fragments seen on xray are imbedded in her lip...ok so that is her latest excitement.

Sydney(12) today had cheer tryouts for next yr(8th grade) and made for both football and basketball She is sooo excited. She didn't make last year and I am so proud of her for not giving up. There is ALOT of talent in her grade...alot of competition dancers(she is one) and competition cheerleaders! So only 11 girls total made it. She is beaming so off to Menchie's tomorrow to celebrate!!!!!

Ok so that was just daily news....Disney news--I ordered Syd's formal, and my semi( which is formal--i dress formal for both) today...once those come in and we see they fit right...then I can say I am pretty much done. Just making cover ups for my girls, I still need pirate nt and that is about it.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #1010
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Welcome aboard!!!

Just on a side note-- thought I would share some happy news in our household. Nelia (9) lost a tooth today--nope not the first but an exciting day for her. Better then the adult tooth she broke 2 weeks ago. That one was repaired but she has to go in to an oral surgeon to make sure the fragments seen on xray are imbedded in her lip...ok so that is her latest excitement.

Sydney(12) today had cheer tryouts for next yr(8th grade) and made for both football and basketball She is sooo excited. She didn't make last year and I am so proud of her for not giving up. There is ALOT of talent in her grade...alot of competition dancers(she is one) and competition cheerleaders! So only 11 girls total made it. She is beaming so off to Menchie's tomorrow to celebrate!!!!!

Ok so that was just daily news....Disney news--I ordered Syd's formal, and my semi( which is formal--i dress formal for both) today...once those come in and we see they fit right...then I can say I am pretty much done. Just making cover ups for my girls, I still need pirate nt and that is about it.
Wow such exciting news for your girls!! Both of mine cheered through grammar school, and their brother played football for the team they cheered for... (all of my kids are exactly 2 years apart, so it worked out well
then in high school the girls became 'trainers' for the team so they could look out for him on the field. Brian played football all through college too, and there is no place I would rather be than in the bleachers watching my kids do thier thing ! ( Disney takes a close second, I must admit ....)
I know how hard those tryouts are and what a thrill it is to make the team !!

Ava (my grand daughter) lost her first tooth this past week. She is so proud, as I am sure Neila is! She boasted that the tooth fairy "left her FIIVE MONIES" ( thier tooth fairy is way more generous than the one I had !!)

Can't wait to see your outfits, your past pictures are, well, picture perfect. You do such a lovely job putting your family together, I'm sure you will be the best dressed bunch on the boat
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #1011
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
Wow such exciting news for your girls!! Both of mine cheered through grammar school, and their brother played football for the team they cheered for... (all of my kids are exactly 2 years apart, so it worked out well
then in high school the girls became 'trainers' for the team so they could look out for him on the field. Brian played football all through college too, and there is no place I would rather be than in the bleachers watching my kids do thier thing ! ( Disney takes a close second, I must admit ....)
I know how hard those tryouts are and what a thrill it is to make the team !!
Thanks!! Yeah tryouts are stressful Last yr 60 girls went out and only 11 make it. This year only like 20 went out....much better odds!! Needless to say, since she made cheerleading team... we may not be doing MVMCP before the cruise. Tues and thurs are their games and we were gonna fly down on thurs. Now I have to hold off on air till whenever they release the sports schedule. Cause the 8th grade cheerleaders don't go to the away games....soooo if Dec 12th is an away game then I can leave thurs cause she wouldn't cheer anyhow. If it's a home game we won't leave till Friday morning. After next year we will change our crusing time till when they are off or not during cheer time....LOL oh the things we do for our kids.

Can't wait to see your outfits, your past pictures are, well, picture perfect. You do such a lovely job putting your family together, I'm sure you will be the best dressed bunch on the boat
Well thanks, I think we are gonna look pretty nice... I am sure we all are gonna look wonderful. I love preparing for our cruises. Robin and I spend alot of time shopping and making sure our families look nice---funny thing is I think we enjoy the prep almost as much as the cruise. Robin's DH asked us once if we even needed a cruise since we were so happy preparing for it Umm yeah we need the cruise!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 04-08-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #1012
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Yay for Syd making the cheer team!!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #1013
aymekae
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugNation
Welcome! I just had a baby 3 weeks ago (our first) but we've decided not to bring him on the cruise for a few reasons. Number one is we don't want to fly cross country with him. Number two is we're joining friends who won't have kids there either. Number three is it will give us a chance to spend quality time with just each other. Not saying I won't miss our little guy, but I believe it's the right decision for us. Hoping to pick up tips for our next cruise with him though!

Ben (32) Ayme (28) Ian (10 mo)

DLR Trips - Last: Sep. 2013 Next: Jan. 2014
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #1014
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae View Post

Welcome! I just had a baby 3 weeks ago (our first) but we've decided not to bring him on the cruise for a few reasons. Number one is we don't want to fly cross country with him. Number two is we're joining friends who won't have kids there either. Number three is it will give us a chance to spend quality time with just each other. Not saying I won't miss our little guy, but I believe it's the right decision for us. Hoping to pick up tips for our next cruise with him though!
And what a cutie he is!

Welcome to our new cruise mates. We look forward to learning more about you over the upcoming few months.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #1015
tntstults
Earning My Ears

I took this pic of Alana the other day. When you see a 7 year old with this hair you'll know its us. Haha

Hoping the pic appears never done this before
tntstults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #1016
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntstults View Post
I took this pic of Alana the other day. When you see a 7 year old with this hair you'll know its us. Haha

Hoping the pic appears never done this before
Holy Hair Batman!!!! Beautiful. I wish my Sophie's hair would grow that long. It gets all tangled and then we have to cut it to a more manageable length. So you will know it is us by seeing a little girl with her hair cut above her ears J/k

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 04-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #1017
jmefox
Earning My Ears

On my last cruise we did bracelets

on our last cruise we had bracelets made so it was easy to recognize another DIS member on board here is a link to the proof
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1579
It had our sail date and the name of the cruise along with the DCL logo

you can also just barely see one in the picture I posted on FB.

If people are interested I could take this on and place an order for the group
Old 04-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #1018
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmefox
on our last cruise we had bracelets made so it was easy to recognize another DIS member on board here is a link to the proof

Not a bad idea. I will be honest you won't see it on me at dinner though. Not in my photos..lol
Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #1019
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmefox View Post

These are cute. I would wear these also, but not for dinner pics. I would need 4.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #1020
jmefox
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Not a bad idea. I will be honest you won't see it on me at dinner though. Not in my photos..lol
HAHA! We didnt wear ours to dinner! or in most photos (i am kinda ocd about
that) but we loved being able to spot people right away ask about which fish extender was theirs etc. so any color preferences?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: