Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #976
Magic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
Hello Christina,
Would you like to come help me decorate before the party???
Sure! It'll put my addiction to target/hobby lobby/party city to good use!!

When you speak to Disney again about lounge reservations, would you mind asking if they allow table confetti and taped items (like banners or streamers)? I figured they are strict about that on the room doors, so just wondered what limits we would have.

Looking forward to it!
-
Christina
Magic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #977
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic25 View Post
Sure! It'll put my addiction to target/hobby lobby/party city to good use!!

When you speak to Disney again about lounge reservations, would you mind asking if they allow table confetti and taped items (like banners or streamers)? I figured they are strict about that on the room doors, so just wondered what limits we would have.

Looking forward to it!
-
Christina
I sure will. I was thinking more along the lines of centerpieces, party favors, non helium balloons, that kind of thing. I'm a hobby lobby junkie myself If you have any other ideas send me a message !!
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #978
jmefox
Earning My Ears

Just joining!!!!

We are soo excited! Just booked for myself (Jamie) husband (Chris) and our three kids Elliot,4 Clark,2 and Resse who will be turning one on the cruise!!!!!!
My parents and hopefully my niece will be cruising also. I didn't get to read a bunch of back pages tonight. So please fill me in! Fish extenders? Did I see a secret Santa idea? We had such a good time doing fish extenders last time also my last cruise we had rubber bracelets (like the "live strong") so we could recognize each other all over the boat and it was super cool!
jmefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:12 AM   #979
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmefox
We are soo excited! Just booked for myself (Jamie) husband (Chris) and our three kids Elliot,4 Clark,2 and Resse who will be turning one on the cruise!!!!!!
My parents and hopefully my niece will be cruising also. I didn't get to read a bunch of back pages tonight. So please fill me in! Fish extenders? Did I see a secret Santa idea? We had such a good time doing fish extenders last time also my last cruise we had rubber bracelets (like the "live strong") so we could recognize each other all over the boat and it was super cool!
Welcome Jamie!!! If you check out first post there is a link to a web page, fill out Join us form and that should answer some questions.

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #980
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmefox View Post
Hi Jamie!! Welcome aboard

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Old 03-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #981
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

So I have big news... Well big news to me anyways lol. I am moving to a different position at work. So no longer will I be on the front lines as members call in but instead will be in a "back office" working behind the scenes on complex issues involving credit cards. I am super excited although it remains my same pay grade. It will be a much easier schedule and I will be free of our silly contact center rules. So life is gonna be much easier although our cruise was approved here at the contact center and I won't be within the contact center any longer. I don't anticipate any issues there but I am nervous about when I should tell them about our planned cruise. Although my theory is that most people probably want off for Christmas and ours is obviously before Christmas. I will be off on actually holidays now which is a foreign feeling for me since I have been working banking holidays for the past almost three years. I start training April 22nd so I imagine I will tell my new supervisor then to get our cruise on the books.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #982
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325
So I have big news... Well big news to me anyways lol. I am moving to a different position at work. So no longer will I be on the front lines as members call in but instead will be in a "back office" working behind the scenes on complex issues involving credit cards. I am super excited although it remains my same pay grade. It will be a much easier schedule and I will be free of our silly contact center rules. So life is gonna be much easier although our cruise was approved here at the contact center and I won't be within the contact center any longer. I don't anticipate any issues there but I am nervous about when I should tell them about our planned cruise. Although my theory is that most people probably want off for Christmas and ours is obviously before Christmas. I will be off on actually holidays now which is a foreign feeling for me since I have been working banking holidays for the past almost three years. I start training April 22nd so I imagine I will tell my new supervisor then to get our cruise on the books.
So excited for you!! This is the kinda stuff we should be sharing daily with each other. I think my favorite Dis group was in 2009 cause we shared life with each other and felt like we really knew each other. So I say continue to share life!!!!

Old 03-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #983
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post

So excited for you!! This is the kinda stuff we should be sharing daily with each other. I think my favorite Dis group was in 2009 cause we shared life with each other and felt like we really knew each other. So I say continue to share life!!!!
Thanks I am soooo excited. I love my daily interactions with members but am so happy to be heading to the back office. Now I am not going to be subject to the 3 week notice for being sick or taking off. And I won't have a schedule where every second of my work day is planned anymore. So I can take a break when I need to rather than worry about the consequences of doing so which after surgery is important. I have a hearing problem when people speak too quietly so this is a relief there as well since I won't be on the phone anymore. So I am certainly ready for this change.

Anyways back to our normal cruising program
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #984
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
Congratulations Liane !! It sounds like this is a very good move for you, and it's delightful to read the excitement you feel for this new career path!
I had to start a new job six months before our Alaska cruise in '11, and I told the supervisor that I hoped six months was enough time to request the time off, as we had already paid the balance before I was blessed with this new position. I also offered to work Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's if that would help the company to cover for the week I would not be at work ( I didnt ask, I let them know I simply would not be able to work that week, and they were very gracious. I did wind up working Christmas and New Year's, and made time and a half for it, not a bad swap, I say )
Old 03-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #985
casilliman
Mouseketeer

I would like to take a moment to wish you all a very happy Easter!
I hope every family has a blessed weekend, and a lovely spring season to come!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #986
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Jamie & Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
YAY, LiAnne! That's awesome news! Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
I would like to take a moment to wish you all a very happy Easter!
I hope every family has a blessed weekend, and a lovely spring season to come!
Have been quite busy around here and not able to be online as often as usual, but hoping everyone is well and has a wonderful & blessed holiday weekend. Happy Easter!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #987
remy324
Earning My Ears

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!
remy324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #988
2girlsmommy
Mouseketeer

Hi Michelle, I was just looking at the FE list and I noticed that you had a spot for allergies and somehow I missed that when filling out the form. my daughter has a tree nut allergy. Can you add that to us please? Thanks!
Old 03-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #989
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Lianne~That is awesome news!!! Congrats

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Old 03-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #990
ForTheLoveOfDCL

I just wanna wish everyone a Happy Easter-- Jesus is Risen!! What a glorious day! Hope all your days was as amazing as mine. Couldn't ask for a better day--worshiped with my family and church family, took care of some of the babes in church--which BTW is wonderful since my babies are grown. Nothing like holding a little miracle in your arms and snuggling! Then since we celebrated with my family yesterday we decided to relax and we went to Olive Garden for lunch and took the girls to see Oz the Great and Powerful....good movie!!!! So hope you all had great days like mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmommy View Post
Hi Michelle, I was just looking at the FE list and I noticed that you had a spot for allergies and somehow I missed that when filling out the form. my daughter has a tree nut allergy. Can you add that to us please? Thanks!
I will certainly add this---thanks . Definately want this noted- Also is there anything we may not think of that people may give that she can not have???

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: