Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #961
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Hello Christi Just curious if you have thought about the pink champagne meet? No biggie, I just thought I would ask.
Hello!
Sorry for the delay in answering, my ability to get on the internet varies from time to time.
I have thought quite a bit about the Pink N' Drinkin' Party, and I have even started working on favors
so far I think the best time would be Monday early afternoon 1 to 3pm. We will meet in the La Piazza or in the OLL if they will open early for us. I will check with the guest service desk as soon as our family is able to embark to make my requests.
(I am such a Mouse groupie at heart, my family has to talk me out of arriving at 4 am and camping out at Port Canaveral to the be first one in the parking lot when they open...truth be told, my secret lifelong dream is to join the DVC and either sail or stay on a property twice a year.. maybe if I keep on believing as Cinderella says ...)
Anyway, once I score the lounge space, I will deliver invitations to the "Pink Ladies" who will be participating, with the details and my cabin number to RSVP. I have a couple fun things planned for the group, and I am sure we will have a wonderful time.
I will speak with the bar staff and see if a champagne or wine tasting would be a possibility, and I will make arrangements for any specialty drinks they can offer us, and prices for them will be listed on the invitation before hand. There will be no cash handled, just come ready for a good time and bring your key to the world card with you if you choose to order any drinks or participate in a tasting (if they will offer us one) during the party. Oh, and wear pink !! (boas and tiars are optional, but super fun to wear.. this IS a party after all..)
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:58 PM   #962
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Close proximity? I plan on having the girls just draw names and alternate putting them on a list....I figure it's random and no-one can complain on the list they are on. Not that anyone would but I just want it to be random! I figure after eating so much, walking the ship won't hurt any of us.

At this point we have 31 families so I am not sure we will have many more join cause the prices have gotten so high. We haven't had anyone join since the beginning of Feb so this might be it.
I am still walking with a cane ( over a year now after surgery, didnt expect it to take this long to heal) so I suppose "proximity" is a vocabulary staple for me these days. I recall how L O N G those corridors are, and I have never been on one of the newer ships, so I envision them to be even longer.
This sounds like a perfect game for my nephews, come to think of it ... Secret Stateroom Santas.
I am thinking of two different gifts, for different days. does it matter what day we deliver them?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #963
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic25 View Post
Just an update.....we have 32(31 families) rooms in the FE so far. At this point I am thinking not to split. What is an amount people would like to split? I am thinking if we get 40, then split in 2 FE lists of 20. After that then people joining will be added to each list rotating between them. If 40 is too much for someone please let me know....????

Hello Christina,
Would you like to come help me decorate before the party???
Old 03-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #964
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
Last time we did personalized beach bags that seemed to be a big hit. We also did Cars activity cases and Star Wars sets for the kids.
Laura~Those sound AwEsOmE!!!!!

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:29 AM   #965
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
Hello!
Sorry for the delay in answering, my ability to get on the internet varies from time to time.
I have thought quite a bit about the Pink N' Drinkin' Party, and I have even started working on favors
so far I think the best time would be Monday early afternoon 1 to 3pm. We will meet in the La Piazza or in the OLL if they will open early for us. I will check with the guest service desk as soon as our family is able to embark to make my requests.
(I am such a Mouse groupie at heart, my family has to talk me out of arriving at 4 am and camping out at Port Canaveral to the be first one in the parking lot when they open...truth be told, my secret lifelong dream is to join the DVC and either sail or stay on a property twice a year.. maybe if I keep on believing as Cinderella says ...)
Anyway, once I score the lounge space, I will deliver invitations to the "Pink Ladies" who will be participating, with the details and my cabin number to RSVP. I have a couple fun things planned for the group, and I am sure we will have a wonderful time.
I will speak with the bar staff and see if a champagne or wine tasting would be a possibility, and I will make arrangements for any specialty drinks they can offer us, and prices for them will be listed on the invitation before hand. There will be no cash handled, just come ready for a good time and bring your key to the world card with you if you choose to order any drinks or participate in a tasting (if they will offer us one) during the party. Oh, and wear pink !! (boas and tiars are optional, but super fun to wear.. this IS a party after all..)
I am getting so excited for the party cause u have party stuff... I sent you a message with some helpful info I have to share with you. I honestly think this needs prepped before arriving at the port as Disney's schedule is in place and maybe they would be able to fit us in better with contacting them a head of time. PLUS you need to relax on boarding day girl and come enjoy a drink at Sailaway Party. If your prepping and all that , you can't come have a Bon Voyage with us...love that drink!!!! .Like I said I will PM you that info in the next 2 days or so. I agree Monday better then Sunday(as it's formal night). 1-3 probably good too as I imagine anyone with girl youngins needs the time before dinner to get hair done and such. I know I have 2 heads of non compliant hair. I always have my vision but sometimes the hair has it's own Thanks so much for planning all this. Something special for us ladies that probably do all the planning for our vacations!!

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 03-20-2013 at 06:47 AM.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:35 AM   #966
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
Yay, we are in the 8 month count down now!

Last time we did personalized beach bags that seemed to be a big hit. We also did Cars activity cases and Star Wars sets for the kids.
SOUNDS AWESOME!

Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #967
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Christi~I can help you also if you would like. I can do whatever The party sounds like it will be amazing. I hope they agree to let us in the bars early. The time you are thinking works for me.

Cant wait to get my drink on....I mean pink on!!!!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #968
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
I am getting so excited for the party cause u have party stuff... I sent you a message with some helpful info I have to share with you. I honestly think this needs prepped before arriving at the port as Disney's schedule is in place and maybe they would be able to fit us in better with contacting them a head of time. PLUS you need to relax on boarding day girl and come enjoy a drink at Sailaway Party. If your prepping and all that , you can't come have a Bon Voyage with us...love that drink!!!! .Like I said I will PM you that info in the next 2 days or so. I agree Monday better then Sunday(as it's formal night). 1-3 probably good too as I imagine anyone with girl youngins needs the time before dinner to get hair done and such. I know I have 2 heads of non compliant hair. I always have my vision but sometimes the hair has it's own Thanks so much for planning all this. Something special for us ladies that probably do all the planning for our vacations!!
Thank you Michelle for all your very helpful tips too! I think we ALL deserve some time to ourselves too, after all the planning, packing, organizing, and preparation for this trip. My girls are grown now but I have had countless battles with long curly hair, I totally know how you feel. So lets really kick back and enjoy the little things .... A few hours away from unruly heads of hair, sunblock applications, hunts for for lost key-to-the-world cards, sandals, and toys... and no waiting in buffet lines, elevator lines, photo-op lines, and laundry room dryer lines I am really enjoying making the plans too, this is fun and theraputic for me!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #969
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Christi~I can help you also if you would like. I can do whatever The party sounds like it will be amazing. I hope they agree to let us in the bars early. The time you are thinking works for me.

Cant wait to get my drink on....I mean pink on!!!!
Thank you Robin, I appreciate it! I know we can get in the La Piazza (they open daily at noon) but I really want OLL for our Pink-Pallooza '13, much better venue for the theme !!
I should have most everything ready before we sail, but I am going to decorate a little too.... ok, yah you got me, "decorating" is code word for "trying the speciality drinks as soon as the bar opens" so come on and 'decorate' with me LOL !!!
Old 03-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #970
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekygirl26 View Post
Hi Everyone!

We will be joining you on this cruise!! It will be me, my hubby Ben and our 22 month old (at cruise time). We are traveling with a big group, but they are not all on the DIS. We are very excited to go....December can't get here soon enough!

Sarah
Hello Sarah and Welcome !!
My family is a big group too, There are 10 of us total, from ages 73 - 14. Will this be your first Disney Cruise ?
Old 03-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #971
trekygirl26
Live Long and Prosper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
Welcome Sarah!!! I might ask you some questions later about how it will be travelling with a young'un. My cousin (who thought about coming on this cruise) is pregnant and due in August. So this cruise is out, but she is considering joining us in 2014...when the baby will be 1+. Might pick your brain for her!
I'll be glad to give any advice I can!

Quote:
Hello Sarah and Welcome !!
My family is a big group too, There are 10 of us total, from ages 73 - 14. Will this be your first Disney Cruise ?
Technically this will be my 14th Disney Cruise, but a few of those were B2B cruises so they kinda count as one

There will be 16 of us traveling together, both friends and family. From my grandparents all the way to the 20 month old. We've never traveled with that large of a group before! The most we've traveled with is 7 so this should be an interesting experience for us! But I'm really looking forward to it.

WDW - More times than I can count!!
DCL - March 2003, March & October 2006, March 2007, March & October 2008, March & November 2009, December 2010, January & October 2011, December 2013.
trekygirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #972
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

I got some Mickey Mail today! Just a planning guide for this cruise, but I was excited when I saw something from the cruise line.. This means we are getting a little bit closer if they are sending out cruise reminders....(as if I could forget) LOL

Old 03-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #973
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone!
I wanted to mention a really neat show on GAC Living country channel (Direct TV) called "My Yard goes Disney". My husband and I have been watching this for the past week and it's a great show for any HGTV / Disney fans out there. They pick unique families, remodel back yards 100% Disney style!. Last one was a rendition of Castaway Cay, and we could literally taste the Conch Coolers waiting for us in a hammock !!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #974
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Hello everyone!
I wanted to mention a really neat show on GAC Living country channel (Direct TV) called "My Yard goes Disney". My husband and I have been watching this for the past week and it's a great show for any HGTV / Disney fans out there. They pick unique families, remodel back yards 100% Disney style!. Last one was a rendition of Castaway Cay, and we could literally taste the Conch Coolers waiting for us in a hammock !!
We have watched and like that show too!!

Old 03-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #975
daipp
Proud to be Welsh

Quote:
Hello everyone!
Wow wish we had that on TV here in the UK - I'm in for a Conch Cooler any day.

David
daipp is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: