Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #946
daipp
Proud to be Welsh

Just for comparison purposes, our flights from London to Orlando cost us the equivalent of $775 each and that's what we paid last August.

I dread to think what the cost is now

David
daipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #947
trekygirl26
Live Long and Prosper

We are going!

Hi Everyone!

We will be joining you on this cruise!! It will be me, my hubby Ben and our 22 month old (at cruise time). We are traveling with a big group, but they are not all on the DIS. We are very excited to go....December can't get here soon enough!

Sarah

WDW - More times than I can count!!
DCL - March 2003, March & October 2006, March 2007, March & October 2008, March & November 2009, December 2010, January & October 2011, December 2013.
trekygirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #948
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekygirl26 View Post
Hi Everyone!

We will be joining you on this cruise!! It will be me, my hubby Ben and our 22 month old (at cruise time). We are traveling with a big group, but they are not all on the DIS. We are very excited to go....December can't get here soon enough!

Sarah
Welcome Sarah!! So Glad you guys can join us. Go check out our webpage(link in my siggie) and fill out the join us form.

Also--- I have found that when we had family pictures on our webpage and we could see each other...getting to know each other...it made it so nice recognizing each other at the port. I would love to include you all on the webpage...send ur pics to my email or post them on here and I will add you!!!

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #949
WallaceFamily
Some faith, trust and pixie dust.

Just bought all the stuff I need to get all the adult FEs prepared!!! I'm so excited because I just came up with my brilliant idea this morning. I don't think anyone has done this idea before.

BTW, does kids' FEs have to be Disney related? I've come up with several ideas, but not liking any of them except for this non-Disney idea that I got last week and that my two daughters love. It is more Universal Studios related. Boys and girls would equally love, I think.

Anyone with Concierge or Platinum level want to reserve a cabana on Castaway Cay for us and we will pay for it? Or is this a bad idea and a rude thing to do?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #950
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceFamily View Post
Just bought all the stuff I need to get all the adult FEs prepared!!! I'm so excited because I just came up with my brilliant idea this morning. I don't think anyone has done this idea before.

BTW, does kids' FEs have to be Disney related? I've come up with several ideas, but not liking any of them except for this non-Disney idea that I got last week and that my two daughters love. It is more Universal Studios related. Boys and girls would equally love, I think.

Anyone with Concierge or Platinum level want to reserve a cabana on Castaway Cay for us and we will pay for it? Or is this a bad idea and a rude thing to do?
Hi Thuy
I know my girls wont care if what they receive is NON disney. They just love getting surprises!! Now you have me intrigued as to what the FE gift will be. Something we have not seen done before, Hmmm....Cant wait! LOL

I am not concierge, so I cant help ya there. Maybe one day I will splurge

BTW, my cabin's veranda is directly over yours. I will try to keep Sophie from yelling down to your daughters to come out and play.

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #951
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:

I too an intrigued what u are coming up with Although I wouldn't make something with Shrek on it as it is a Disney Cruise. I don't think it needs to scream Disney but probably not carry another companies characters.

BTW --I am sure to remember Melia's name ....I hope people pronounce it right and don't butcher it like they do my Nelia.

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 03-18-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #952
sparklechicks
It's all about the Mouse!

Quote:

I think whatever you do will be fantastic! And as much as I would love to help you get a cabana - we arent concierge/platinum ...

good luck!
MNSSHP/Beach Club Sept 2011
Boardwalk/Disney Fantasy Western June 23, 2012
Disney Dream NYE Dec 28, 2012
Aulani Resort July 12, 2013
MNSSHP/Disney Fantasy Eastern October 19, 2013
proud DVC Member at BWV ....Everything is better with a Disney trip planned b/c It's Just Magical

sparklechicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #953
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekygirl26 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Sarah
Welcome Sarah!!! I might ask you some questions later about how it will be travelling with a young'un. My cousin (who thought about coming on this cruise) is pregnant and due in August. So this cruise is out, but she is considering joining us in 2014...when the baby will be 1+. Might pick your brain for her!

Quote:

My kids for sure don't care what they get -- evidenced by the fun they had with the trinkets the dentist gave them the other day.

Although would love to help with the concierge bit, that's not in the cards unless we cruise without four kiddos in tow......
Good luck though!

Hope everyone is doing well! It's snowing again here --one last brush with winter, I hope!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #954
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
Hope everyone is doing well! It's snowing again here --one last brush with winter, I hope!!!
From your mouth to Mother Natures ears!!!! Please be the last of the snow. I am so sick of winter!!!!

Old 03-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #955
WallaceFamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
BTW, my cabin's veranda is directly over yours. I will try to keep Sophie from yelling down to your daughters to come out and play.
And we will try not to do anything too "inappropriate" out in the open part of our verandah, but can't make any guarantees about the covered part. JK.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #956
WallaceFamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
BTW --I am sure to remember Melia's name ....I hope people pronounce it right and don't butcher it like they do my Nelia.
I'm not holding my breath though. Most people try to pronounce it like the last part of "Amelia". Oh well.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #957
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceFamily

And we will try not to do anything too "inappropriate" out in the open part of our verandah, but can't make any guarantees about the covered part. JK.
Oh great...my verandah is connected to Robin's...we will try and close our eyes but we aren't promising after a few drinks that you won't hear us just laughing about every thing. ....just don't do anything that would give my dh ideas & will want me to try. Lol. And please keep quiet in case the kids are out on the verandah...don't wanna tramautize them!!! Lmao

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 03-19-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #958
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Woo Hoo!!! lol

Old 03-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #959
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklechicks View Post
Love it! How did it travel or did you leave it there
You can't take *any* food off the ship, including the gingerbread houses. There's an outrageous fine for taking food off of the ship. My boys had no problem eating it up before we left, though!

Disney Dream December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside December 2013
Ward On Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #960
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

Yay, we are in the 8 month count down now!

We are flexible with FE gifts--whatever you decide to do is fine with me. My boys (ages 6 and 8) had the most fun with the exchange. Part of the fun was walking the ship, finding the rooms and seeing them gift their new friends. I've not decided on our FE gifts yet. Last time we did personalized beach bags that seemed to be a big hit. We also did Cars activity cases and Star Wars sets for the kids.

Disney Dream December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside December 2013
Ward On Board is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: