Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #931
LKShep
I'd rather be crusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL
Just an update.....we have 32(31 families) rooms in the FE so far. At this point I am thinking not to split. What is an amount people would like to split? I am thinking if we get 40, then split in 2 FE lists of 20. After that then people joining will be added to each list rotating between them. If 40 is too much for someone please let me know....????
We are flexible and will do what the majority want to do. We did about 30 cabins on our last Eastern Caribbean, then did 80 on the Hawaii cruise in October. Around 30 seems very manageable (and 80 got rather expensive), so I would agree with spitting if the number grows much larger.
Thanks to those who take on the task of organizing this, and thanks to all who participate. It's a great way to add a little magic to the cruise.
Jan 2006 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2007 Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas -- Dec 2008 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Sep 2009 7 Night Disney Magic Western Caribbean -- Oct 2011 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean -- Oct 2012 14 Night Disney Wonder Hawaii -- Dec 2013 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
LKShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #932
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Oh no Melissa--- we don't wanna loose anyone...this is just to give me an idea to handle it. I have been on a cruise that some wanted small and some could do it all...So this is just to get people talking before it gets into the summer and I don't know how to handle it. What is a good number for u??? I just start working 6 days a week in May and I just wanna get all my ducks in a row so it's basic updating after that and decisions have been made. DON'T BACK OUT!!!!!
I think spitting would be a good idea. I too am worried about how I will transport so many things on the plane and I hate to have to leave things behind if we run out of room. I think 20-25 would be a reasonable # and that way we can do more for each cabin if we like

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #933
sjbond
Mouseketeer

I'm on the fence

Since this is our first time cruising (and doing FE, obviously), I just don't know what my opinion is.

We are coming all the way from BC (Canada), so the packing of all the stuff might be an issue, but since I haven't decided what I'm doing yet, I can be fairly flexible, too.

So, basically, I'm willing to go along with what the majority thinks!

2006 All Star Movies; 2008 Pop Century; 2010 Caribbean Beach; 2011 Coronado Springs;
2013 Art of Animation, Beach Club Villas, Coronado Springs and Disney Fantasy cruise;
2014 Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites

Me-Sandi DH-Ryan DS18-Erik DD15-Sara DDog-Piper
sjbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #934
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16

Lucky girl Beth, that you get to go to Florida!!! I am going to Atlanta at the beginning of April to visit my mom. Atleast I get to be in nicer weather

Is Lianne in Disney? Did I miss her saying that somewhere? Lucky her too!!! And Happy Birthday!!
Thank you both for the birthday wishes. I am now in my 30s. We are not quite at Disney yet but will be in a few hours. Have to visit the grandparents first.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #935
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Magic25---Christina---How old are the boys?? It is helpful to know this for people giving the FE's. Thank you.

Just an update.....we have 32(31 families) rooms in the FE so far. At this point I am thinking not to split. What is an amount people would like to split? I am thinking if we get 40, then split in 2 FE lists of 20. After that then people joining will be added to each list rotating between them. If 40 is too much for someone please let me know....????
40 sounds like a good number to me. I wouldnt want to go much higher than that. Are you going to try to put the groups in close proximity to each other? I plan to give things that can be used (or enjoyed) during the trip.
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #936
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
40 sounds like a good number to me. I wouldnt want to go much higher than that. Are you going to try to put the groups in close proximity to each other? I plan to give things that can be used (or enjoyed) during the trip.
Close proximity? I plan on having the girls just draw names and alternate putting them on a list....I figure it's random and no-one can complain on the list they are on. Not that anyone would but I just want it to be random! I figure after eating so much, walking the ship won't hurt any of us.

At this point we have 31 families so I am not sure we will have many more join cause the prices have gotten so high. We haven't had anyone join since the beginning of Feb so this might be it.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #937
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

FE list

I willl go with majority rules, but I definitely dont want to go over 40!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 03-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #938
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
Hello Christi Just curious if you have thought about the pink champagne meet? No biggie, I just thought I would ask.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 03-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #939
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
:Hoping when Jet Blue releases them, they will be cheaper, but probably not by much. Their fall rates aren't great right now anyhow.
OK Beth, I went and did it!!! I bit the bullet. I booked my airfare now. I found some from Syracuse to Orlando for $250 pp r/t and I know I wont find it cheaper when Jetblue releases their schedule. It is just so crazy expensive to fly from here, so I think that will is a good deal expecially at Christmas time. But I still will be watching for when Jetblue does release their fares.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 03-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #940
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
OK Beth, I went and did it!!! I bit the bullet. I booked my airfare now. I found some from Syracuse to Orlando for $250 pp r/t and I know I wont find it cheaper when Jetblue releases their schedule. It is just so crazy expensive to fly from here, so I think that will is a good deal expecially at Christmas time. But I still will be watching for when Jetblue does release their fares.
WOOHOO!

I would totally jump on it if I found those rates! Southwest was $280 rt for our trip in June for the gym meet in Savannah. (Flying into Savannah was $500 rt! Yikes) I'm still watching them closely. I can't find anything less than $434 right now. REALLY hoping SW or (preferably) Jet Blue can do better, esp because the flights are direct too. We shall see!

CONGRATS on getting that done! I will be so excited when I have airfare booked!!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #941
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Syd just said , why don't we drive to Robin's and fly out with her.. Is it a straight flight? If not where is your layover.....ya know I need all the details in case we can fly together again. Although that didn't work out well in 2011 for us...
Old 03-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #942
Magic25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Magic25---Christina---How old are the boys?? It is helpful to know this for people giving the FE's. Thank you.

Here is our information: DS - Gabriel (10) and DS - Dominic (8)
Magic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #943
Magic25
Mouseketeer

Just an update.....we have 32(31 families) rooms in the FE so far. At this point I am thinking not to split. What is an amount people would like to split? I am thinking if we get 40, then split in 2 FE lists of 20. After that then people joining will be added to each list rotating between them. If 40 is too much for someone please let me know....????[/QUOTE]

Hello, Michelle.
Since you asked... was thinking that limiting an FE list to 15-20 families would be easiest to manage personalizing gifts and transporting them. However, we'll go with the majority.

Re: Pink Ladies... how can I pitch in?
Also, many thanks to the FE Coordinators!
-Christina

Last edited by Magic25; 03-14-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Magic25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #944
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Syd just said , why don't we drive to Robin's and fly out with her.. Is it a straight flight? If not where is your layover.....ya know I need all the details in case we can fly together again. Although that didn't work out well in 2011 for us...
I layover in Washington DC on the way down and Cleveland on the way back. I wanted a direct flight but that would have cost me $383. pp r/t' For that price difference I dont mind the layover.

Michelle, I know you will find cheaper air than I did flying from your city. I just dont get why Syracuse has to be so dang expensive!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 03-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #945
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
I layover in Washington DC on the way down and Cleveland on the way back. I wanted a direct flight but that would have cost me $383. pp r/t' For that price difference I dont mind the layover.

Michelle, I know you will find cheaper air than I did flying from your city. I just dont get why Syracuse has to be so dang expensive!!!
I can't wait till Spirit or Southwest release their dates. Right now it is $400 r/t for us....that is $1600...way to much. I will ride down in my parents motorhome instead. Sheesh!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: