Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #841
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom

Lianne....that is crazy that we are thinking of sailing in the same date again---what are the odds!?!

I'm seriously considering booking cabins, then changing on board if prices drop........and I'm pretty sure if I use the Disney visa, I don't have to even pay it for six months......anyone know that?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
That would be pretty wild considering it is three sailings over a period three years that we would share.

As far as your disney visa question I googled it and it does show 6 months at 0% interest and an OBC they are offering as well. I don't have a disney visa but looked it up since you asked and my speciality is credit cards (area I work in). I am just waiting for my original cabin to revert back to disney tonight so my TA can put me back into it. She has me on hold with the room next to the one I want right now.

Those 8a cabins with the wall dividers are pretty cool. But since we are all going, I am doing the large aft balconies (5e instead).
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #842
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

I do have the Disney visa and yes you get 6 months interest free for any vacation you purchase with it. It is a nice little perk

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Last edited by disneydiva16; 02-17-2013 at 08:30 PM.
disneydiva16 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #843
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
I do have the Disney visa and yes you get 6 months interest free for any vacation you purchase with it. It is a nie little perk
Cool -- that's what I thought I had read in the agreement. I usually don't take advantage of such things, but since Disney's going to have my $$ for so long before the cruise, I may as well keep it a little bit longer.....

Thanks for the confirmation!!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #844
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Beth I can book my airfarem but not with Jetblue yet. I went to Orbitz to see who had the cheaper air. All that is available right now is 450 per person. I am waiting for Jetblue to release the rest of the years flights. I like that they dont charge for the first suitcase. I dont have Southwest here in Syracuse.
Hi Robin! Yikes. That is pricey. We've only had Jet Blue here for about 6 months, but I can't wait for them and/or Southwest to come out. They both offer nonstop flights from Providence... and offer 1/2 free bags. But I am REALLY hoping for Jet Blue since I had a horrible experience boarding with Southwest last time (partially my fault). After that experience, I would REALLY prefer to have assigned seats!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #845
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
Hi Robin! Yikes. That is pricey. We've only had Jet Blue here for about 6 months, but I can't wait for them and/or Southwest to come out. They both offer nonstop flights from Providence... and offer 1/2 free bags. But I am REALLY hoping for Jet Blue since I had a horrible experience boarding with Southwest last time (partially my fault). After that experience, I would REALLY prefer to have assigned seats!!!
So with Southjwest you cant pick your seats ahead of time? Or do you have to pay extra to do that? That happened to me and my daughter Gabi when she was 7. I forget what airline it was, but they had us seated seperatley I had to beg someone to give up their seat so she could sit with me. I am sure the person next to me paid for that seat ahead of time, but come on...I couldnt let my daughter be in the front of the plane and me in the back...grrr. (but I digress).
I am hoping Jetblue releases their fall flights soon.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 02-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #846
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So with Southjwest you cant pick your seats ahead of time? Or do you have to pay extra to do that? That happened to me and my daughter Gabi when she was 7. I forget what airline it was, but they had us seated seperatley I had to beg someone to give up their seat so she could sit with me. I am sure the person next to me paid for that seat ahead of time, but come on...I couldnt let my daughter be in the front of the plane and me in the back...grrr. (but I digress).
I am hoping Jetblue releases their fall flights soon.
On southwest you get a boarding card and you are assigned a boarding group. "A", "B", "C", etc...they board like A1-A30, then the next group, etc. You can pay $10 extra to get boarding group A, but otherwise, you are assigned your boarding # when you check in online. I had never had a problem until we were flying home from orlando last time......

Even though we had boarding group A we were delayed from boarding (LONG, LONG story). When we boarded there were NO seats together --- just middle seats. My mom, sis and 10 year old were fine being separated. But my 5 yo and 6 yo did not want to sit with strangers, it was late at night and they started to cry. They were offering two free drinks to anyone who would give up their seats so that we could sit close together. Nada. Nobody would move. There was a pilot in the back too who was on a repositioning flight and he didn't offer either! Finally an older couple gave up their seats in the end (God Bless them!) but it was enough stress for me that I will try anything to get assigned seats.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #847
aymekae
Mouseketeer

We have the Amex Delta Skymiles credit card, and since we have two accounts (for personal and business use), it's starting to really rack up the miles. I think we could even fly to Orlando and back first class in December without paying a dime extra. (They also offer the first bag free per person, and we always take advantage. Never had to fight for overhead space.) Trying to decide whether or not to do it. The downside is that those extra miles used could have gone to a flight elsewhere, like to visit family. But my husband hates flying, esp. cross country, because he's a big guy and hates to be cramped up.

Ben (33) Ayme (29) Ian (1)

DLR Trips - Last: Jan. 2014 Next: Mar. 2015
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #848
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Lianne!

I watched one candlelit concert at Epcot that had Jodi Benson in it and that's why I knew about it! Jodi Benson (aka Ariel!) did a Christmas pops concert up here with a local orchestra a couple of years ago. It was AH-MAZING! (Her O Holy Night rendition still brings tears to my eyes thinking about it! I was trying to search for a recording of it and no luck....but I did find that Epcot video!

Glad to hear you enjoyed POFQ. Hopefully it will be Disney enough for the kiddos -- knowing them they just will want to swim if it's warm!!!

I still don't know if it will be one night or two, but that will depend on flights and work off for my mom and sister.
When we went to Disney this past December, we stayed at POFQ and *LOVED* it. The resort came highly recommended by our TA and we will definitely be back! We also went to the Candlelight Processional with Jodi Benson. I thought it was wonderful!! However, I felt like Epcot was crazy packed compared to the rest of the parks because of the holiday events taking place in the park. Most ride wait times were over an hour and some were 2-3 hours. Wait times at MK, AK and HS were all 5-15 minutes.

Disney Dream December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter December 2012
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside December 2013
Ward On Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #849
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

For anyone who has not sailed with Disney during the holidays, let me just tell you, it is AMAZING! I may be slightly bias because i don't have anything to compare it to because we have never sailed at any other time. The ship was absolutely gorgeous and everyone is in their best holiday spirit. You know, there is something special about that time of year and it seems that people are kinder to one another, right?

The atrium has a huge Christmas tree with poinsettias. All of the balcony railings are wrapped in garland and wreaths were everywhere. A huge gingerbread house was in the atrium that smelled amazing. Santa Goofy is around the ship as is Mickey and Minnie in their Christmas attire.

Also, there is FREE gingerbread house decorating as a port excursion. We did it in Animator's Palate and it was a lot of fun! You got to keep the decorated house but could not take it off the ship. It certainly didn't hurt my kids feelings to finish eating it on the ship!

Old 02-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #850
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

Oh, I think we are going to try to go to MVMCP! I am in nursing school and my exams *could* potentially go until December 11th. I won't find out about fall exams until mid-August. As soon as the dates for MVMCP are released and my exams dates known, I will be able to make a decision.

We went to MCMCP this past December and it was SO wonderful! We would all love to go again.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #851
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board

When we went to Disney this past December, we stayed at POFQ and *LOVED* it. The resort came highly recommended by our TA and we will definitely be back! We also went to the Candlelight Processional with Jodi Benson. I thought it was wonderful!! However, I felt like Epcot was crazy packed compared to the rest of the parks because of the holiday events taking place in the park. Most ride wait times were over an hour and some were 2-3 hours. Wait times at MK, AK and HS were all 5-15 minutes.
I'm so glad to know that about POFQ! I've never stayed on property. I find it funny that every other time we've done the parks that we didn't stay at a Disney resort and this time we're staying at a Disney resort, but not doing the parks! Still up on the air about MVMCP though.....

The Christmas decorations sound awesome!!! So excited to see them in person!!!! . Getting closer!!!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #852
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm so glad to know that about POFQ! I've never stayed on property. I find it funny that every other time we've done the parks that we didn't stay at a Disney resort and this time we're staying at a Disney resort, but not doing the parks! Still up on the air about MVMCP though.....

The Christmas decorations sound awesome!!! So excited to see them in person!!!! . Getting closer!!!

There is plenty to do at POFQ without the parks! They have a great pool with a slide and it was heated so the kids swam. They also have a hot tub. There is a playground, too. We requested building 5 and it was a great, convenient location to everything. Our room overlooked the courtyard with the pool, hot tub, playground and laundry facility. They also have movies beside of building 6 I think and fishing/Smore's at Riverside. They do crafts and stuff throughout the day for the kids, too. Don't forget the boat rides to DTD--that was fun in itself!!

I have *TONS* of pictures you are welcome to look at on Facebook from POFQ decorated for the holidays, Disney for Christmas and the Disney Dream decorated. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9054553&type=3

Old 02-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #853
Ward On Board
Mouseketeer

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times and for asking again, I apologize in advance. Where do I submit our family photo?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #854
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward On Board View Post
I am sure this has been asked a thousand times and for asking again, I apologize in advance. Where do I submit our family photo?
email me at -- FortheLoveofDCL@gmail.com
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #855
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae
We have the Amex Delta Skymiles credit card, and since we have two accounts (for personal and business use), it's starting to really rack up the miles. I think we could even fly to Orlando and back first class in December without paying a dime extra. (They also offer the first bag free per person, and we always take advantage. Never had to fight for overhead space.) Trying to decide whether or not to do it. The downside is that those extra miles used could have gone to a flight elsewhere, like to visit family. But my husband hates flying, esp. cross country, because he's a big guy and hates to be cramped up.
That would be awesome to be able to use miles! We hardly ever fly- six tickets =$$$$- even to outer banks and Indiana we drive. But Florida is just too far....and eats up too many days!!!
My hubby is quite tall too, so just another reason I should try to get assigned seats...his legs only fit in the aisle! Lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: