Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #736
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Which Disney character would describe your personality and why?
Mickey Mouse--- he's the main guy, who has control of everything and doesn't let Donald Duck(aka Robin-disneydiva) have control.

2. If you have been on a Disney Cruise, What is your favorite thing to do?
Character Tea with my girls is one. Dressing up for dinner and being treated like a princess.

3. Favorite thing to do at Disney?
Go to character meals and special events.

4. Are you dressing in pirate gear for Pirate Night?
Maybe

5. What are you most looking forward to on this cruise?
Spending time on the ship at Christmas time, spending it with my family(parents, SIL, etc) and with my NY girlfriends...I love vacationing with them!!!

6. What is a tip you have learned you would like to share?
Don't try and do it all,,you never will. This just leaves something to book another DCL vacay

7. What dinner seating do you have?
Main.

8. What excursions look good to you?
The Rhino Riders in St. Martin

9. Drinker? Just wondering who we are gonna find passed out on the deck chairs?
I am not a heavy drinker but definatley will see me with the drink they call the Bon Voyage in my hand a few times!
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #737
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

I just reserved a room at Buena Vista suites using the mouse savers discount $99 per night! They say they have shuttles to the park and free breakfast. Any comments on this resort? I have never been but it is cheaper than staying at the port, and if we stay in Orlando before the cruise we are def. doing mvmcp!!

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #738
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Well I was very unsure how to answer this particular question. So I did what any normal person might do and I googled it. Haha. So after taking a quiz I found I am the most like Mrs. Incredible.

My Results:

I like going to the character meets. Watching the kids get all excited taking pictures with the characters in all their various outfits is great. I adore how much the characters interact on the cruise.

Character Meals. Although sorcerers of the magic kingdom is pretty awesome too . I guess I should mention the shows as well. Who doesn't love those?!?

Possibly. I probably will. Although I bought a costume and all for our last cruise and didn't even put it on.

Seeing the ship all decorated for Christmas, taking pictures of the characters in their Christmas outfits, spending an entire week on board , and all of the family time that we will have since there won't be any school or work to account for.

Go to the desk to book your next cruise early on in the cruise (or drop off the paperwork in their box and they will leave you a quote in your room). The later in the cruise it gets, the more people are there waiting. Even if you don't plan on taking another one any time soon it is worthwhile to do as it is 10% down instead of 20%, you get a 10% discount off of the cruise fare, and you get on board credit for that future sailing. You can change the date of your booking and your benefits will carry over to the new sailing.

Main.

Honestly I haven't even looked. Guess I should have like I did the personality one.

I am not a big drinker and I find that I am more of a social drinker. You know one of those have a drink or two every couple of months? Since I just had surgery I don't plan on having any alcohol until our cruise (although I have read I can have it earlier it just doesn't seem wise). Rapid weight loss is hard on your liver so I don't want alcohol to make it any more difficult. So I may be one of those passed out on the deck chairs since it will be well over a year since my last drink. But since I will be celebrating graduation and vacation I do plan on indulging in a few drinks.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #739
2Pirates&1Princess
Mouseketeer

I would have to say the Fairy Godmother because I like to see people's wished come true.

2. If you have been on a Disney Cruise, what is your favorite thing to do?
Eat

Watching the shows at each park.

Yes, I think it will be fun!!!

Just relax and have a good vacation!!!

Look around and enjoy!

Main--I think 5:45ish

They all look amazing, so I am not sure which ones we are doing yet.

9. Drinker? Just wondering who we are gonna find passed out on the deck chairs? I do drink, but not a ton. I will be trying the drink of the day, but dont plan on getting smashed.

Fun game

WDW 2000 All Star Movies
WDW 2003 POR Riverside
WDW 2004 Pop Century
DCL Magic 2009 Western Caribbean
WDW 2011 Pop Century
2Pirates&1Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #740
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Robin and Norma , you guys are lieing---You know OUR favorite thing to do is take as many pictures as we can on the cruise and at the parks....WE ARE THE QUEENS OF PHOTOPASS FOR SURE!!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #741
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Robin and Norma , you guys are lieing---You know OUR favorite thing to do is take as many pictures as we can on the cruise and at the parks....WE ARE THE QUEENS OF PHOTOPASS FOR SURE!!
Yes, this is true. I do love the pictures!!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 01-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #742
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookingtigger View Post
I just reserved a room at Buena Vista suites using the mouse savers discount $99 per night! They say they have shuttles to the park and free breakfast. Any comments on this resort? I have never been but it is cheaper than staying at the port, and if we stay in Orlando before the cruise we are def. doing mvmcp!!
Our large party animal group of 14 are planning on doing the MVMCP. I was planning on staying onsite. and have never stayed at Buena Vista before.

Sorry I can't help you there Alisha but I can direct you to a way to get to know ur fellow Christmas cruisers if you would just answer the above questions and not avoid them
Old 01-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #743
aymekae
Mouseketeer

My nickname in high school volleyball was Bashful, and I think it still suits me. I am pretty shy, and I avoid conflict like the plague.

Eating! Palo brunch is high on my list. But honestly, the best thing was simply getting to spend 24/7 with my husband, no phones, no computers, no TV, just getting to relax, eat, be entertained, with no "real life" intruding.

I think I get the biggest kick out of the shows.

Nope. Don't like to dress up, even for Halloween.

Spending time with the hubby, sitting on a beach all day doing nothing, eating delicious food every day without considering prices.

Not for everyone, but we followed one tip on our first cruise that we thoroughly enjoyed. Spent an hour exploring the ship while most folks were eating, then when our stateroom was ready, we ordered room service and unpacked while we waited for the food to arrive. It was cozy and awesome. Esp. ordering Mickey bars!

Late dining

Haven't looked at them too specifically for this cruise, but I'm pretty sure we'll snorkel a few times, and do absolutely nothing on Castaway Cay.

Rarely; last drinks I had were probably on my last cruise. But I did really enjoy some of those drinks of the day.

Ben (33) Ayme (29) Ian (1)

DLR Trips - Last: Jan. 2014 Next: Mar. 2015
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #744
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Here are mine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Ok I thought I would ask some quesions for us all to get to know more about our fav. DIS'ers. Here are some of my questions with the answers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to say Goofy mainly because he tries hard, but oftentimes misses the mark. But I did the quiz thing and that came out Dory, from Nemo. I find it interesting that they are both kind of flighty. What does that say?

RELAX and UNPLUG. Also Looooove the fact that I don't have to plan out our day....just take most things as they come, eat when you are hungry, etc.

Ride rides and enjoy the magical ambiance!

Maybe, but it will be low key most likely.

Trying out some new things -- like Palo and the spa.

I second Lianne's tip about BOOKING ONBOARD! (She knows I ended up regretting not doing that!!!

Also -- I pre order coffee, tea, fruit, etc. every night before bed. Loooove having hot coffee every morning on the veranda!!!!

Late -- I got trumped by the other adults.

IDK about St. Maarten -- maybe just do it on our own? Bernards? IDK. Totally want to do a sail/snorkel in St. Thomas or St. John.

Not a big drinker, but I love the mohitos on board! Also I will be holding off on drinking konk coolers this time until at least noon! Last time I finished the 5k and was waiting for my family. It was so hot that I couldn't resist the waiter who offered me a huge konk kooler. Note to self: After a run you want WATER...not alcohol!!!

Ok so I was having a hard time coming up with questions So if you feel like answering any... just cut and paste and erase the previous answers and fill in with your own. Or if you have any to ad feel free!

Last edited by noahsketomom; 01-22-2013 at 10:37 AM.
noahsketomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:10 PM   #745
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Ok I thought I would ask some quesions for us all to get to know more about our fav. DIS'ers. Here are some of my questions with the answers.

Ok so I was having a hard time coming up with questions So if you feel like answering any... just cut and paste and erase the previous answers and fill in with your own. Or if you have any to ad feel free!

Hanging out with my husband, in the Quiet Cove, and EVERY trivia challenge in the pub ! Last cruise (in alaska, BRRR!!!) we spent several afternoons playing backgammon in the pub. he is my best friend

My new favorite thing is the Food and Wine festival !

4. Are you dressing in pirate gear for Pirate Night?We never did before but we are definatlely doing it this time!!

Watching the magic through the kids' eyes, and spending hours in a hammock on Castaway Cay reading a book for pleasure (NOT a textbook for a change!!) and having conch coolers delivered by a cabana boy !!

Use the stairs !! especially at show and meal times, the elevators can be a traffic jam. Plus you can work off a mickey bar or two

Late, 'cause that's when we booked .... but I'm good with that

Regatta for my husband, shopping and tours for me, parasailing for my 73 year old mom !!!!

We are social drinkers too, I LOVE the Conch Coolers too! You may, however, find a few of my adult children on some of those lounge chairs on Pirate Night LOL
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #746
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
I am not a big drinker and I find that I am more of a social drinker. You know one of those have a drink or two every couple of months? Since I just had surgery I don't plan on having any alcohol until our cruise (although I have read I can have it earlier it just doesn't seem wise). Rapid weight loss is hard on your liver so I don't want alcohol to make it any more difficult. So I may be one of those passed out on the deck chairs since it will be well over a year since my last drink. But since I will be celebrating graduation and vacation I do plan on indulging in a few drinks.
Lianne, you only have 10 1/2 more months to hold out for your celebratory drink. We will make sure you dont end up in a deck chair.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 01-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #747
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16

Lianne, you only have 10 1/2 more months to hold out for your celebratory drink. We will make sure you dont end up in a deck chair.
I am going to try and contain the deck chair sleeping to my own cabin. I knew I booked an extended balcony for a reason. Just kidding of course. I have never fallen asleep on one and can't imagine starting that habit now.

I couldn't believe the other day when I looked at the countdown thing and saw only 10 and a half more months to go. We have been booked longer than that! Which shocks me too as each of our other Disney Cruises were last minute Florida resident deals. I have to admit the pricing on the Panama Canal is pretty darn tempting right now for Florida residents (would be cheaper for two weeks on that than this cruise is). But I still want Christmas time with all of you
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #748
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
But I still want Christmas time with all of you
Awww....good choice lol

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #749
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Our large party animal group of 14 are planning on doing the MVMCP. I was planning on staying onsite. and have never stayed at Buena Vista before.

Sorry I can't help you there Alisha but I can direct you to a way to get to know ur fellow Christmas cruisers if you would just answer the above questions and not avoid them
Ugh...Fine you caught me avoiding the questions LOL I just had to share because anything that has to do with Disney gets me Soooo excited!! I am still considering staying onsite, that is the only way we have done WDW thus far, so I am nervous to go outside the resort and not get the full experience.

1. Which Disney character would describe your personality and why? Ok I cheated and took the quiz too!

You Scored as Cinderella

Your alter ego is Cinderella! You often find yourself doing a lot of housework, but if you are patient, your hard work usually pays off. You are prone to losing things, so dont rush through everything.

I have never been on a Disney Cruise, but I am excited to try the aqua duck and to lounge on my veranda oh and eat lots of yummy food! My boys are excited about the all you can eat mickey ice cream. bars

Wishes fireworks! I would go every night if I could...heck I would live at the castle if I could do that too! My first Disney trip was at age 30 and I am a total addict now!
Not sure, but the kids will. We did Pirates League at WDW last year and we had so much fun dressing up as pirates

Experiencing cruising "Disney style" I love the way disney does the parks and am hoping the cruise is the same way. Hoping to make our anniversary more special with Palo or a couples massage, Oh and just relaxing and spending time with my family

6. What is a tip you have learned you would like to share? The hard work that goes into planning a Disney vacation definitely pays off while on vacation (at least in the parks)

Main.

The pirate boat/swim with sea turtles... I love sea turtles!

9. Drinker? I am a cheap date, one drink and I am feeling it! I too think it would be fun to see who passes out in the loungers though, hopefully it's not me LOL

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #750
tntstults
Earning My Ears

Has anyone done the beach excursion at st marteen? I'm worried that because its a European type beach it won't be family friendly. Thanks!
tntstults is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: