Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #676
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
Well we sure are pretty quiet today.

I am just pages into this chapter and was looking for a good distraction. Guess I will head back to the text book.

Hope everyone is having a great day and a big welcome to Alma and family.
LOL Lianne !!
Perhaps we need a 'topic of the day' around here....
What text book is so exciting for you?
casilliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #677
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundisneysoup View Post
Hey!
Excited to finally be involved in the DIS! Been reading for sometime now. My husband,myself and DD (8) and DS (11) will be joining in with our first FE exchange.
Hello and Welcome !!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #678
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
LOL. I just biught a new bathing suit for myself. It wasnt on sale, but I knew it would be gone when I went back to get it.
I still have to get formal and semi formal dresses for me and the girls. I have no idea what color scheme I am going with for semi. Formal is always black for me, but semi is whatever color looks good.
Congratulations on your find!
I have been looking at pirate clothes, have not thought about formals yet. What color schemes have you done in the past?
We did pink / black and white with the kids once, black and red another time. I think I'll let them pick this time
Old 01-16-2013, 06:52 PM   #679
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman View Post
Congratulations on your find!
I have been looking at pirate clothes, have not thought about formals yet. What color schemes have you done in the past?
We did pink / black and white with the kids once, black and red another time. I think I'll let them pick this time
I actually got my pirate clothes already. Can you tell I am super excited for this cruise to get here I got them on clearance after Halloween. I just have to find Gabi pirate boots. I have been looking at Good Will for those as I know she wont wear them again.

The color schemes I have done in the past are black/gold and black/white. I have seen some cute dresses out there, but I dont want to spend an arm and a leg on them.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #680
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4u View Post
Hello Fellow Cruisers
We will be joining you as well. It’s me (Alma), DH and DD (17). This will be our 5th Disney cruise. We have been booked for a while but wanted to wait until we got closer to the sailing date before officially signing in. Looking forward to planning this trip with all of you
Welcome to the group Alma! Glad you will be joining us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundisneysoup View Post
Hey!
Excited to finally be involved in the DIS! Been reading for sometime now. My husband,myself and DD (8) and DS (11) will be joining in with our first FE exchange.
Welcome Jamie!!! That's an interesting DIS name I'll take a bowl please. LOL (Sorry, not funny I know ) I have a daughter who will be 7 at the time we cruise. Lots of girls around this age on our cruise.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 01-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #681
casilliman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I actually got my pirate clothes already. Can you tell I am super excited for this cruise to get here I got them on clearance after Halloween. I just have to find Gabi pirate boots. I have been looking at Good Will for those as I know she wont wear them again.

The color schemes I have done in the past are black/gold and black/white. I have seen some cute dresses out there, but I dont want to spend an arm and a leg on them.
Nice to know I am not the only one shopping so early !! I am hoping to do pink / tan / brown for semi formal ( Donnie has the cutest suit he is so proud to wear, and I have an awesome dress I just need to shed a few dozen pesky pounds to get back into)
Good Will is a good idea too, I've done alot of halloween shopping there !!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #682
Fundisneysoup
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Welcome to the group Alma! Glad you will be joining us!

Welcome Jamie!!! That's an interesting DIS name I'll take a bowl please. LOL (Sorry, not funny I know ) I have a daughter who will be 7 at the time we cruise. Lots of girls around this age on our cruise.
Thanks! My DiS name is connected to my name looking forward to learning more.
Fundisneysoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #683
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by casilliman

Nice to know I am not the only one shopping so early !! I am hoping to do pink / tan / brown for semi formal ( Donnie has the cutest suit he is so proud to wear, and I have an awesome dress I just need to shed a few dozen pesky pounds to get back into)
Good Will is a good idea too, I've done alot of halloween shopping there !!
Part of my surgery was weight loss so it would be a total gamble for me to start shopping now. Plus I would be guessing for the kids too since who knows when they will hit a growth spurt. So my husband would be the only one I would know the correct size.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #684
tntstults
Earning My Ears

I don't know if I'll do anymore cruise shopping now but I am goi to make this dress for my almost three year old Lyla for Easter and it will be perfect for the cruise too!!

tntstults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #685
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Alma and Jamie!!

We took a little mini-trip to the Great Wolf Lodge in PA this week. It was a nice getaway and lots of fun, but it made me realize how much I cannot wait for the cruise!!! It was this time last year that we were getting ready to go on the Dream! I did end up buying a cute coverup there -- for this summer AND our Cruise!

Back to reality today though --- got to get these kids moving!!!

Hope you are all having a great week!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #686
tntstults
Earning My Ears

Noahsketomom what grade do you teach?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #687
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntstults View Post
Noahsketomom what grade do you teach?
Technically I teach high school (Well, I used to teach high school, now I just tutor math in the evenings at a local boarding school).

But realistically, I've been homeschooling my kids the past few years, so right now I'm also teaching 6th, 4th, 2nd, and Kindergarten. Those are the kids I have to get moving!! The three days at a waterpark has tuckered them out, but it is back to the grind today!! I'm still waiting for them to finish their workbook work so we can get rolling with the rest!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #688
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntstults View Post
I don't know if I'll do anymore cruise shopping now but I am goi to make this dress for my almost three year old Lyla for Easter and it will be perfect for the cruise too!!

Very pretty! I wish I were talented enough to sew.

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #689
tntstults
Earning My Ears

I didn't want to spend tons of money on cute clothes so I had to improvise!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #690
tntstults
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom

Technically I teach high school (Well, I used to teach high school, now I just tutor math in the evenings at a local boarding school).

But realistically, I've been homeschooling my kids the past few years, so right now I'm also teaching 6th, 4th, 2nd, and Kindergarten. Those are the kids I have to get moving!! The three days at a waterpark has tuckered them out, but it is back to the grind today!! I'm still waiting for them to finish their workbook work so we can get rolling with the rest!
You sound like a very busy person!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: