Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #451
daipp
Proud to be Welsh

We haven't asked to join the FE list yet but Helen has started buying gifts already as well.

David
daipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #452
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by daipp View Post
We haven't asked to join the FE list yet but Helen has started buying gifts already as well.

David
Hey David..I guess that means you just need to join the FE
I see you haven't gone on the webpage and filled out the Join us questionaire...do you mind doing that for me

Also---I have a Lisa who sent a request to join our Facebook page....I am sorry if I missed something but I don't see any Lisa's on our form of info. Can someone tell me who this is? Thanks

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #453
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Hey all!!!! Ok our group seems a little quiet. Lets spark some conversation. we want to stay a cool cruise and most people look for the cruise that is talkative and fun to join. Let that be us. To make that happen we need to stay on top of the boards. So I say you all need to post once a week. If everyone does that we will not only have fun ourselves but keep the boards hoping.

So everyone think of something you want to know about your cruise mates and ask. This will keep good conversation going.

Ok so...hmmm what do I want to know.... Ok so what led everyone to pick disney to sail with??? When was your first disney cruise and your fondest memory from said cruise???

I wil post my response when I get home from work in the morning.
Happy posting!!!!

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
Old 09-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #454
DisDiana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Ok so what led everyone to pick disney to sail with???
My boyfriend, Shane, and I love all things Disney. We started dating three years ago and a month into our relationship we vacationed with my parents in Orlando at Disney World. We've since moved in together and since we both have busy work schedules, we really look forward to going on vacation.

We believe in Disney magic.

Quote:
When was your first disney cruise and your fondest memory from said cruise???
I treated Shane to an Inaugural Voyage on the Disney Dream last January -- it was his Christmas present. We've never cruised before that, but we were hooked and ended up booking another cruise last year for Halloween (we had money left over from the down payment on our condo), and another one for my 30th birthday (three weeks away). We're also taking my parents on a Dream cruise next year, then we'll be joining you for this cruise back to the Caribbean.

On that first cruise, there were so many great moments. But my favorite was when Shane and I took turns on the hammock at Serenity Bay. It felt like we were living in a post card! That's the moment where we decided to sail Disney over and over again!
DCL Dream 2011, 2013, 2014 | DCL Fantasy 2013
DLR 2011, 2012

DisDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #455
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok so...hmmm what do I want to know.... Ok so what led everyone to pick disney to sail with??? When was your first disney cruise and your fondest memory from said cruise???
Let's see....Why did I choose Disney to sail with? I love all things Disney and I had been to Disney World several times and wanted to see what they offered for cruising..

First cruise was in October 09. That is when I met Michelle and her family. We have been bff's ever since

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #456
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16

Let's see....Why did I choose Disney to sail with? I love all things Disney and I had been to Disney World several times and wanted to see what they offered for cruising..

First cruise was in October 09. That is when I met Michelle and her family. We have been bff's ever since
Awwww thanks best part of my 2009 cruise too!!!

Old 09-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #457
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDiana View Post
My boyfriend, Shane, and I love all things Disney. We started dating three years ago and a month into our relationship we vacationed with my parents in Orlando at Disney World. We've since moved in together and since we both have busy work schedules, we really look forward to going on vacation.

I treated Shane to an Inaugural Voyage on the Disney Dream last January -- it was his Christmas present. We've never cruised before that, but we were hooked and ended up booking another cruise last year for Halloween (we had money left over from the down payment on our condo), and another one for my 30th birthday (three weeks away). We're also taking my parents on a Dream cruise next year, then we'll be joining you for this cruise back to the Caribbean.

On that first cruise, there were so many great moments. But my favorite was when Shane and I took turns on the hammock at Serenity Bay. It felt like we were living in a post card! That's the moment where we decided to sail Disney over and over again!
Love it!!!! So Glad you are joining us. Can you please check out our webpage and fill out the Join us form. Thanks
Quote:
So everyone think of something you want to know about your cruise mates and ask. This will keep good conversation going.

Ok so...hmmm what do I want to know.... Ok so what led everyone to pick disney to sail with???I am a bit Disney Crazy. My familyroom is Disney from red,blk, and yellow paint to Disney artwork. My license plates say...well lets say something Disney....don't want ya'll stalking me or anything... So of course this led me to sail Disney. When was your first disney cruise and your fondest memory from said cruise???
My first Disney cruise was 2006. And my fondest memory was...my DD(2 at the time) was ill , running a fever. But all she wanted was to see Cinderella. So everynight Cinderella was out , she would insist on sitting next to the Shutters photographer. I am sure we looked crazy but you know as well as I do we do crazy stuff for our kids. So we sat there....every 5 kids, Cinderella would wave to my DD...who in turn would just gush. Then she fell asleep and I have photos of Cinderella holding her....precious. Cinderella was so touched by this whole thing she asked the photographer her name and would see her out and say "Sweet Dreams Nelia"...ok that is nothing but Disney Magic.

Now 2009 was a pretty special cruise as well as that is where I met my NY Bff Robin(disneydiva). The Magic of Disney to bring friendships together!!

I wil post my response when I get home from work in the morning.
Happy posting!!!!

Old 09-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #458
Fosterlv
His Dreams His Magic "Walt"

Here is the answer to why Disney! They go the extra mile - From Food to the staff. I know we have finished every cruise with having so many staff members we just loved. It's rare on others ships you find memebers that give that extra touch. How many of you have ever been asked the question if you could go to dinner with someone other then a family memeber dead or alive who would it be - My answer has never changed "Walt Disney" the men that started it all. I am a Mickey Mouse fan "Mickey for President"
But love the history and live of Walt Disney.
Fosterlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #459
2girlsmommy
Mouseketeer

Hi all! We just got off the Disney Magic yesterday! We rebooked for this cruise on the ship! We are me, my DH, and our girls Bella 7 at time of cruise and Lily 5 at time of cruise! We will also be traveling with my parents! Our Magic cruise was our first and we LOVED every minute of it! The girls lived like rock stars staying up until midnight in the clubs and eating ice cream for dinner! . We participated in the FE and loved it! We were also part of the FB page, does this cruise have one? I think I have made some lifelong friends from that page! Can't wait to get to know everyone!
Erica
Ooh I need to change my signature!

Last edited by 2girlsmommy; 09-08-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Signature
2girlsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #460
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Why sail Disney?!?

I chose Disney because I am a Disney freak. I do feel a bit of the need to raise my kids to enjoy the magic too. In part so I'd have some others want to join in the fun with me since the hubby doesn't share the Disney fascination (and some of my family members don't either) plus when you are young there is nothing quite like the magic of Disney.

Seriously though I wanted to take a quality family vacation and felt Disney was the best option. It had been several years since our most recent cruise (our honeymoon to be honest and our 6th wedding anniversary is tomorrow). But I felt that we needed to get away. It was such a rough year last year so I decided to book a last minute Disney cruise vacation and added a few days of park visits while we were there to get a bit more usage out of our annual passes. And I'm crazy enough that I'm looking at the specials again but really should stop because I have too much going on already but right now all four of us could go on a four night trip for $1300 which is just so tempting! That is quite a bit cheaper than the 4 night Dream trip we took in January / February. And a heck of a lot cheaper than this Fantasy trip we have booked.

As far as favorite memory from the cruise, I enjoy the little magical things for the kids. Tinkerbell playing hop scotch with Kayleigh because she said it was her favorite ranks up there for me. I also really was impressed with Snow White remembering Kayleigh from a couple days prior. Patrick told me after school earlier this week that he was juggling in after school care and that our cruise really came in handy for him because that was where he learned to juggle. So these random things that come up that I didn't know about or expect are my favorite memories.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #461
2Pirates&1Princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ok so what led everyone to pick disney to sail with??? When was your first disney cruise and your fondest memory from said cruise???
I will go next.....

I always thought doing a Disney Cruise would be magical. I love Disney World and knew that the cruise would be something my whole family would enjoy. When Robin (disneydiva16)said she was doing one with her family I knew we had to tag along We loved it!!!!!

Favorite memory....Hmm, that is a tough one. They are all so great. I think just walking up the gang way to get on the ship and having them introduce us was a great memory...along with sooooo many others!!! Loved being on the ship with my bff

WDW 2000 All Star Movies
WDW 2003 POR Riverside
WDW 2004 Pop Century
DCL Magic 2009 Western Caribbean
WDW 2011 Pop Century
2Pirates&1Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #462
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Why we chose to cruise Disney....

We chose Disney for this cruise (my first disney cruise) because my husband cruised the big red boat when he was a child and STILL talks about it he loved it so much! We have two children, and would like to expose them to a different type of a vacation where they get to see more than just Orlando. LOL (because their mom is a disney nut) Why not see the world and do it disney style?? Seemed the logical choice for mom, although we may just have to sneak in a little WDW too! We are really hoping to have a great time and meet some new friends during this trip

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #463
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDiana View Post

I think the hammocks at Serenity Bay sound pretty dreamy.....I think that might be my favorite part too! Wish we were there already!!

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #464
daipp
Proud to be Welsh

Proud and pleased to reveal my new ticker.........

David
daipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #465
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by daipp View Post
Proud and pleased to reveal my new ticker.........

David

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: