Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #361
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP

Toooooooooooo funny!!

Sounds like you're gonna fit right in. My DS will be 6 3/4 so fairly close in age, too. He was one of two boys who lined up for an hour to meet the princesses on the Magic last Christmas. When a lady asked him why he was lining up with all the little girls, he replied "why, to kiss all the pretty princesses, of course" And did they make much of him - called him their Prince Charming - he still talks about it!!
That is too adorable. I read on here to get to the gatherings about 20 minutes early. It was a great suggestion. We got there 35 mins or so early and were the third family in line. We did the princess gathering, did tinker bell, and ate breakfast before the line after us was even halfway done. They were there for hours even though the navigator said 30 minutes for the line time. So getting there early is highly recommended by me.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #362
WallaceFamily
Some faith, trust and pixie dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
My Nelia will be almost 10 as well. I think you're Kayla and my Nelia need to meet and Robin's Sophia and you're Melia have to meet. Is Melia pronouncEd mah-Lee-ah? My Nelia is pronounced that way but with an N.
Also did you wanna join the ornament exchange??
Kayla will be turning 10 on January 5th, 2014. Yes, that is exactly how you pronounce Melia.

Yes, I do want to do the Ornament Exchange. Do people plan on buying or making ornament? Does it have to be Disney or cruise themed? I understand there is a $20 limit, correct?

And for the FE, do we plan on bringing one gift per person for the whole week and kind of spread it out, or is it one gift per day?
WallaceFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #363
WallaceFamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP View Post
My DS will be 6 3/4 so fairly close in age, too. He was one of two boys who lined up for an hour to meet the princesses on the Magic last Christmas. When a lady asked him why he was lining up with all the little girls, he replied "why, to kiss all the pretty princesses, of course" And did they make much of him - called him their Prince Charming - he still talks about it!!
I love your kid already! (and these smilie icons)
Old 07-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #364
WallaceFamily

My girls pored over the grid on Michelle's website trying to figure out what girls were their own ages and talking about them as if they know them already.

Did you guys buy insurance for this cruise? If so, did you go thru Disney or some other company?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #365
WallaceFamily

How come my thing says that I'm not allowed to "post attachments"?

How did others attach pics?

Thanks, Thuy
Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #366
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceFamily View Post

Thanks, Thuy
It might be your post count.

Your kids sound adorable!
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #367
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Kayla will be turning 10 on January 5th, 2014. Yes, that is exactly how you pronounce Melia.

Yes, I do want to do the Ornament Exchange. Do people plan on buying or making ornament? Does it have to be Disney or cruise themed? I understand there is a $20 limit, correct?

And for the FE, do we plan on bringing one gift per person for the whole week and kind of spread it out, or is it one gift per day?
I am curious about this too. How do we plan to work the ornament exchange? If it is a purchased ornament it would be good to find one on clearance this Christmas And is there a price max/min? It seems we are getting quite a few people signed up for FE so I would like to know how we plan to work that as far as how many things/how many days. It would be nice to have a guideline for our cruise as to what others are thinking.....I know there isnt any real set rules listed on the boards. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #368
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks, Thuy
I think Lianne is correct. I think you have to have atleast 10 posts to PM someone and to posts pics. You are over 10 now so you should be able to attach some pics.

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #369
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookingtigger View Post
I am curious about this too. How do we plan to work the ornament exchange? If it is a purchased ornament it would be good to find one on clearance this Christmas And is there a price max/min? It seems we are getting quite a few people signed up for FE so I would like to know how we plan to work that as far as how many things/how many days. It would be nice to have a guideline for our cruise as to what others are thinking.....I know there isnt any real set rules listed on the boards. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
This is how I plan on doing the FE's. I am doing some sort of goodie bag for each child (consisiting of stickers, candy, pirate stuff, lip gloss etc...) and one gift for the parents in each cabin. I will pick a day to deliver these (maybe a sea day) and then that is it. I am done with my Fe's. I found a bunch of great christmas goodies on clearance back in January. I will do the same after this Christmas. Again, this is how I did it. It didnt break my bank because I found great deals on everything. You don't have to do it this way.

As for the ornament exchange, I will be buying an ornament from Downtown Disney's Christmas store. I dont know which ornament it will be yet, but who ever gets mine is gonna LOVE it!!!

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #370
2Pirates&1Princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
This is how I plan on doing the FE's. I am doing some sort of goodie bag for each child (consisiting of stickers, candy, pirate stuff, lip gloss etc...) and one gift for the parents in each cabin. I will pick a day to deliver these (maybe a sea day) and then that is it. I am done :
This is how I think I am doing it too. Unless the list gets too big, then I am all for splitting it. I know on my last cruise that we had something like 34 cabins, and it was doable. Whatever anyone wants to do is fine with me. Just keep me posted.

I am getting very excited for this cruise to come!!!! Welcome to all the newbie's that are now on our thread!!!!

WDW 2000 All Star Movies
WDW 2003 POR Riverside
WDW 2004 Pop Century
DCL Magic 2009 Western Caribbean
WDW 2011 Pop Century
2Pirates&1Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #371
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:

Quote:
My girls pored over the grid on Michelle's website trying to figure out what girls were their own ages and talking about them as if they know them already.
That is awesome. That is the best part is we know our kids will enjoy each others company and probably make some lasting long distance friendships. Like my family did with Norma and Robin!!! Love those families!!!
Did you guys buy insurance for this cruise? If so, did you go thru Disney or some other company?
I don't buy insurance. I have to be on my death bed to miss.
Quote:

Thanks, Thuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookingtigger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates&1Princess View Post
This is how I think I am doing it too. Unless the list gets too big, then I am all for splitting it. I know on my last cruise that we had something like 34 cabins, and it was doable. Whatever anyone wants to do is fine with me. Just keep me posted.
Dang, I work and you guys go crazy over here without me Ok let me start by explaining the Ornament exchange. Everyone on the lists buys an ornament, Disney or otherwise. I of course think we are on a Disney cruise so something Disney would probably fit best but of course that is personal, maybe there is something else you would like. It is a $25 limit. We will have a seperate get together for this. Something small, just bring your ornament, I will label them as you arrive. You will draw a name (dis) as you arrive as well and that will be the persons ornament you get. Best odds are to arrive early Then we will exchange. if you already have the ornament or whatever and wanna exchange, you will pin something(unsure yet) to you and people will know you are up for exchanging. Kinda white elaphant but not forcing anyone to exchange or their ornament from being taken. I of course am doing the same as Robin, I will buy mine this sept on my WDW vacation. So I doubt I will find anything on clearance at WDW..

Ok as for the picture posts....are you speaking of on the Dis or on the web page. Anyone who wants their picture on the web page so the kids and adults can recognize each other, send me a private message and let me know and I will let you know where we go from there.

FE EXCHANGE--- like Robin said-- it's totally up to you how you handle it. I have cruised with people who gave everyone a gift and multiple days and others who did just a cabin gift. I personally am making the girls and boys something and then making / giving a couple gifts to the parents or each single person a gift. I will probably go around the ship on a sea day with Robin and Norma and deliver. AS FOR SIZE of the exchange. Actually Norma we had over 40 staterooms, I think like 42. I know seems smaller then that...I think we had like 120+ individual people However like NOrma said it was doable. Let's wait till next Aprilish and talk about it then based on size. If it goes over 40 staterooms and some people don't want a list that large we can discuss the splitting. I know from past cruises you will have people who are gonna buy for every stateroom no matter how many we have. Also we will have late joiners who ask to join after the FE cut off date. Then those people will have a seperate late joiner list and the ones already joined will have the option to add them to their lists if they want. I will post all this on the web under each respective page. Ok now that my fingers are tired from typing Hope you all are having a gorgeous day!

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #372
ShinyDaisy
Mouseketeer

Welcome

Wallace family
Old 07-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #373
WallaceFamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDaisy View Post
Wallace family
Old 07-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #374
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Angel, with all the filling out the questionaire, you have confused me Are you doing the FE?

Also anyone who did not answer all the questions on the questionaire I will be PM'ing you. even if the answer is NO that would help me no for sure if it was answered that way. So if you are a lucky duck to get a PM from Muah please respond so I can keep this all updated. Thanks

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #375
ShinyDaisy
Mouseketeer

any thoughts about a FE group limit 25 ??

Hi, everyone,

Thuy, great questions about the FE. Thanks for asking them and thanks to everyone for their answers.

First let me say we'll go with whatever the group decides but want to ask. How does everyone feel about a group limit of 25? TIA

We have 21 families signed up on our website. Thanks, Michelle!
But I didn't check to see if everyone is down for the FE, as I know ours hasn't been updated with yes just yet. 5-2am that's a long shift! Thanks again for all your hours on the website

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: