Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #331
aymekae
Mouseketeer
 
aymekae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 413

Well, I started school last week, so I am here procrastinating studying. Old habits die hard.

Haha, my friends were teasing me yesterday for planning 4 upcoming vacations, with a few more on the back burner that are nothing but ideas right now. What can I say, I view vacations (both the planning and execution) just as important to my health as visiting a doctor regularly.

I don't think I'll join the 5k, but maybe I should. Doctor has me on a diet and exercise plan to lose weight (lost 20 out of 40 lbs in the past 3 months!) but I must say I have the hardest time with exercise. I was sort of tempted to sign up for the Tinkerbell Half-Marathon at Disneyland just to get my butt in gear, but chickened out. I could use some motivation!

So I'm starting fertility treatments this month. Hoping for the best, of course, we've been trying for a few years now, but I can't help but wonder how it will affect my plans. "The best laid plans" and all of that. Hypothetically speaking, if I have a baby in 10 months, I will have a 6 month old by the time this cruise starts. Has anyone cruised with a baby that young? Or do you sort of have a "minimum" age before you'd consider bringing a child on a cruise? (Not to mention the 5-6 hours in a plane each way!) Just curious.
__________________

Ben (32) Ayme (28) Ian (10 mo)

DLR Trips - Last: Sep. 2013 Next: Jan. 2014
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #332
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........
 
ForTheLoveOfDCL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ohio--to far from Castaway Cay!
Posts: 2,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae View Post
Well, I started school last week, so I am here procrastinating studying. Old habits die hard.

Haha, my friends were teasing me yesterday for planning 4 upcoming vacations, with a few more on the back burner that are nothing but ideas right now. What can I say, I view vacations (both the planning and execution) just as important to my health as visiting a doctor regularly.

I don't think I'll join the 5k, but maybe I should. Doctor has me on a diet and exercise plan to lose weight (lost 20 out of 40 lbs in the past 3 months!) but I must say I have the hardest time with exercise. I was sort of tempted to sign up for the Tinkerbell Half-Marathon at Disneyland just to get my butt in gear, but chickened out. I could use some motivation!

So I'm starting fertility treatments this month. Hoping for the best, of course, we've been trying for a few years now, but I can't help but wonder how it will affect my plans. "The best laid plans" and all of that. Hypothetically speaking, if I have a baby in 10 months, I will have a 6 month old by the time this cruise starts. Has anyone cruised with a baby that young? Or do you sort of have a "minimum" age before you'd consider bringing a child on a cruise? (Not to mention the 5-6 hours in a plane each way!) Just curious.
Good Luck with the fetitility...prayers for you!!!

As far as the baby situation...I have traveled with a 1 yr old, 2 1/2 yr old as well. I will say having them over 3 is a bonus but I wouldn't let that stop me...just think the cute pictures you will get!!!
__________________
Michelle

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #333
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 98

long time no chat!!!

Barnacles!

I did not realize that I have been away from this board for so long. I had a lot of catching up to do!!

1. So - yes - game for the Pink Ladies -thingy. I never thought I would get to wear my wedding tiara ever again - wahoo awesome can't wait - champagne, tequila, wine - you name it, i"m there

2. my DH would get together for a football thing, too - we are not smokers so the cigar idea would not go over. Hockey would be his first pick, we ARE Canadian, but there won't be any of that playing, I'm sure.

3. Amyekae - Keep positive. It took me a while to get pregnant and Noah is over 5 now. I am sending you some positive, female energy. Wish you all the best.

4. My vote would not be for Embarkation day as we will be leaving from a WDW hotel and that usually means we won't arrive to port until around 1pm or so - so that would be cutting it close - my vote is for an at sea day, too

5. Who ever wants to volunteer their time and energy to help our little group with planning - fill 'yer boots - I always appreciate such and i am sure it will be great - that's awesome

6. Getting so exited for this cruise - I will be sure to stay in touch more frequently!!

7. Outfits planned?!!?!?!? OMG you guys are organized!! I will be doing that the night before

8. I am not on Facebook - so am I missing out????? Maybe I will see what I can do about getting on it - my sister has an acct - maybe I can use hers?

9. talk soon everyone!!
__________________
2011 WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 DCL - Magic
2013 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #334
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran
 
disneydiva16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool, NY
Posts: 1,638

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP View Post
1. So - yes - game for the Pink Ladies -thingy. awesome can't wait - champagne, tequila, wine - you name it, i"m there
My kinda friend!!! LOL
__________________

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!



____________________________

_______________
DCL 2013 Eastern/ASMu, WDW 2012 All Star Sports/AoA, WDW 2011 Pop Century, DCL 2009 Western, WDW 2009 All Star Movies, WDW 2004 Caribbean Beach Resort
disneydiva16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #335
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran
 
disneydiva16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool, NY
Posts: 1,638

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae View Post
So I'm starting fertility treatments this month. Hoping for the best, of course, we've been trying for a few years now, but I can't help but wonder how it will affect my plans. "The best laid plans" and all of that. Hypothetically speaking, if I have a baby in 10 months, I will have a 6 month old by the time this cruise starts. Has anyone cruised with a baby that young? Or do you sort of have a "minimum" age before you'd consider bringing a child on a cruise? (Not to mention the 5-6 hours in a plane each way!) Just curious.
Best of luck with your treatments! I hope everything works out in the end
__________________

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!



____________________________

_______________
DCL 2013 Eastern/ASMu, WDW 2012 All Star Sports/AoA, WDW 2011 Pop Century, DCL 2009 Western, WDW 2009 All Star Movies, WDW 2004 Caribbean Beach Resort
disneydiva16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #336
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 98

Disney Diva16 - - can't wait !! I love to sit back and relax and enjoy a drink (can't wait to do the wine tasting) but with work and a busy 5 year old that NEVER happens!!

Amyekae - I took my 11 month old to Nicaragua and we had an exceptional time. No worries - you will enjoy every second, and be glowing all the while with your little bundle of joy. Plus DISNEY will have everything at your disposal should you need it . . .

OH - as I said before I have my tiara already & today I was out taking my son shopping with his kindergarten money his grandmother sent & I found - and bought of course - 2 pink feather boas!!!!!!!!!! Too funny!!
__________________
2011 WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 DCL - Magic
2013 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #337
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer
 
lianne_0325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 329

I need to lose weight too which is why I am planning on doing the 5K and training for it.

Good luck with your treatments!

We took Patrick (then 2 and a half) on our honeymoon although he was in another cabin with my mom. So yeah my mom and son came on our honeymoon cruise. My husband would have been miserable if we didn't have our child with us so in an effort to curb this issue, we had them book a cabin too. Patrick had a great time but of course doesn't remember any of it. It was great having him there though for us. If I had a six month old, I would bring the baby with me. I can't imagine how much worrying I would do if I didn't have the baby with me at that age (although at 2 and a half I would have left him confidently ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymekae View Post
Well, I started school last week, so I am here procrastinating studying. Old habits die hard.

Haha, my friends were teasing me yesterday for planning 4 upcoming vacations, with a few more on the back burner that are nothing but ideas right now. What can I say, I view vacations (both the planning and execution) just as important to my health as visiting a doctor regularly.

I don't think I'll join the 5k, but maybe I should. Doctor has me on a diet and exercise plan to lose weight (lost 20 out of 40 lbs in the past 3 months!) but I must say I have the hardest time with exercise. I was sort of tempted to sign up for the Tinkerbell Half-Marathon at Disneyland just to get my butt in gear, but chickened out. I could use some motivation!

So I'm starting fertility treatments this month. Hoping for the best, of course, we've been trying for a few years now, but I can't help but wonder how it will affect my plans. "The best laid plans" and all of that. Hypothetically speaking, if I have a baby in 10 months, I will have a 6 month old by the time this cruise starts. Has anyone cruised with a baby that young? Or do you sort of have a "minimum" age before you'd consider bringing a child on a cruise? (Not to mention the 5-6 hours in a plane each way!) Just curious.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #338
aymekae
Mouseketeer
 
aymekae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lancaster, CA
Posts: 413

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Good Luck with the fetitility...prayers for you!!!

As far as the baby situation...I have traveled with a 1 yr old, 2 1/2 yr old as well. I will say having them over 3 is a bonus but I wouldn't let that stop me...just think the cute pictures you will get!!!
Thank you so much! Yeah, someone was just telling me yesterday that they think it's dumb to take kids under the age of 5 to Disney or other expensive vacations that they'll never remember. I just responded with, "Well, at that age, it's more about the parents and the memories they'll have, than the child... what's wrong with that??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP View Post
3. Amyekae - Keep positive. It took me a while to get pregnant and Noah is over 5 now. I am sending you some positive, female energy. Wish you all the best.
Thanks for the encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Best of luck with your treatments! I hope everything works out in the end
Thank you so much! I hope so, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
I need to lose weight too which is why I am planning on doing the 5K and training for it.

Good luck with your treatments!

We took Patrick (then 2 and a half) on our honeymoon although he was in another cabin with my mom. So yeah my mom and son came on our honeymoon cruise. My husband would have been miserable if we didn't have our child with us so in an effort to curb this issue, we had them book a cabin too. Patrick had a great time but of course doesn't remember any of it. It was great having him there though for us. If I had a six month old, I would bring the baby with me. I can't imagine how much worrying I would do if I didn't have the baby with me at that age (although at 2 and a half I would have left him confidently ).
I used to run track in high school, so running would probably be a really good way for me to get fit and lose more weight. I just hate running in my neighborhood. And I tried it in the early morning (5 AM) so no one would be outside to see me, and I was scared out of my mind. (Really, it's me, not my neighborhood.) But maybe I should just get over it and stop making excuses, and just try it.

Thanks for the luck! And yeah, I don't like the idea of having to leave my baby at home. But I may have to make that decision on our family Alaska cruise next June (sadly not Disney, but it wasn't my decision), when the child could be 1-2 months old. I can't bring them on Carnival, because they'll be under 6 months. My sister told me to leave them with grandma for the week, but I don't know how I'd feel about that.
__________________

Ben (32) Ayme (28) Ian (10 mo)

DLR Trips - Last: Sep. 2013 Next: Jan. 2014
Honeymoon to WDW (Wilderness Lodge) Sep. 11, 2008
Western Caribbean Cruise (Magic) Dec. 10, 2011
Aulani Nov. 3-12, 2012
Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Fantasy) Dec. 14, 2013
Disneyland Jan. 16-18, 2014 (Neverland 5K)
aymekae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #339
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran
 
disneydiva16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool, NY
Posts: 1,638

I see that they have released free dining for December of this year for select dates at WDW. I hope they do this next year also because it would fall during the time I would be checking in. How great it would be to not have to worry about food costs before the cruise
__________________

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!



____________________________

_______________
DCL 2013 Eastern/ASMu, WDW 2012 All Star Sports/AoA, WDW 2011 Pop Century, DCL 2009 Western, WDW 2009 All Star Movies, WDW 2004 Caribbean Beach Resort
disneydiva16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #340
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 98

what are the dates?
__________________
2011 WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2011 DCL - Magic
2013 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #341
ShinyDaisy
Mouseketeer
 
ShinyDaisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 128

Best wishes, Ayme & Ben
__________________
TTFN
Angel
ShinyDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #342
ShinyDaisy
Mouseketeer
 
ShinyDaisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
I see that they have released free dining for December of this year for select dates at WDW. I hope they do this next year also because it would fall during the time I would be checking in. How great it would be to not have to worry about food costs before the cruise
That would be great!
__________________
TTFN
Angel
ShinyDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #343
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran
 
disneydiva16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool, NY
Posts: 1,638

This is what it says on Mouse World Travel and I did see it here on the Dis also. I guess the general public offer is coming on the 18th. Again this is for this December.


FREE DINING has been released this morning for Disney Visa Card Holders!

Book a minimum of 3-nights at a Walt Disney World Resort with a minimum of a 2-day Base Ticket and receive a Disney Dining Plan free. Disney food is always good, but it's even better when it's ★free★!

Travel dates are throughout the fall and winter. Contact us today for more information or a no obligation quote!

Dining plans can be upgraded at an additional cost. This discount must be booked by 9/29/12.

Free dining available select nights 9/30-10/4, 10/19-11/1, 11/9-11/15, 11/23-11/29 and 12/10-12/13/12.All discounts are subject to availability, certain restrictions apply. Blackout dates may apply. Discount is not valid at campsites, 3-bedroom villas or the Little Mermaid Standard View rooms at Disney's Art of Animation resort.
__________________

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!



____________________________

_______________
DCL 2013 Eastern/ASMu, WDW 2012 All Star Sports/AoA, WDW 2011 Pop Century, DCL 2009 Western, WDW 2009 All Star Movies, WDW 2004 Caribbean Beach Resort
disneydiva16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #344
ShinyDaisy
Mouseketeer
 
ShinyDaisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVP View Post
what are the dates?
I think it's the 10th through the 13th. Robin's probably answering as I type.

EDIT: and you were.
__________________
TTFN
Angel
ShinyDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #345
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran
 
disneydiva16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Liverpool, NY
Posts: 1,638

Angel, I really wish it were time for our cruise already!!! I am getting impatient. LOL Yes, I was answering as you were typing

Lucky girl that you are...you're going on one this December right?
__________________

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!



____________________________

_______________
DCL 2013 Eastern/ASMu, WDW 2012 All Star Sports/AoA, WDW 2011 Pop Century, DCL 2009 Western, WDW 2009 All Star Movies, WDW 2004 Caribbean Beach Resort
disneydiva16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: