Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #151
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Michelle I cant wait to see the castle in person!

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #152
2Pirates&1Princess
Mouseketeer

OK, I am popping in to see what is going on. I got a text from Robin that says I need to come on and say "HI" I am glad that everyone on here is a chatty bunch. It makes the time go by that much faster.

Lianne you should post a pic of your group to the web page. Then that way when we see each other in the terminal we will recognize each other. It's nice to put a face to a (dis)name

OK. I am going to bed. Not feeling all that great. My side is killing me. Good night everyone!

WDW 2000 All Star Movies
WDW 2003 POR Riverside
WDW 2004 Pop Century
DCL Magic 2009 Western Caribbean
WDW 2011 Pop Century
2Pirates&1Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #153
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Wow those pictures are beautiful. Can you believe that was the first thing I checked when I came home because I wanted to see them? Yes I am a dork. I am super excited to go see that it in person. I'll use that as my graduation incentive. Did your family just love going during the holiday season?

I hope you get to feeling better. I've debated adding our pictures there but I wasn't sure how. I also wasn't sure if I needed to find a different picture than the one I have in my ticker or not. Like it is some unspoken rule or something that it needed to be a different one.

I hope everyone has an easy time waking up their kiddos tomorrow to get started for school. I am a bit nervous to see how our household will do with the earlier time.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #154
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Michelle I cant wait to see the castle in person!
And I can't wait to go with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates&1Princess View Post
OK, I am popping in to see what is going on. I got a text from Robin that says I need to come on and say "HI" I am glad that everyone on here is a chatty bunch. It makes the time go by that much faster.

Lianne you should post a pic of your group to the web page. Then that way when we see each other in the terminal we will recognize each other. It's nice to put a face to a (dis)name

OK. I am going to bed. Not feeling all that great. My side is killing me. Good night everyone!
Norma, I hope you feel better!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
Wow those pictures are beautiful. Can you believe that was the first thing I checked when I came home because I wanted to see them? Yes I am a dork. I am super excited to go see that it in person. I'll use that as my graduation incentive. Did your family just love going during the holiday season?

I hope you get to feeling better. I've debated adding our pictures there but I wasn't sure how. I also wasn't sure if I needed to find a different picture than the one I have in my ticker or not. Like it is some unspoken rule or something that it needed to be a different one.

I hope everyone has an easy time waking up their kiddos tomorrow to get started for school. I am a bit nervous to see how our household will do with the earlier time.
It was wonderful going during Christmas. I love the decorations and nothing like being warm and seeing it snow on Main st. I mean when I have snow it's freezing here... It doesn't matter what picture you use...you can send it to me and I will add it to the web page.

Well off to think of more things to list on e*ay and sell for Disney money

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #155
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

I found this on another thread that is going out on the fantasy later this month. I think this would be kinda cool to do,f we had enough girls who wanted to do it (maybe some guys too)

Sunday, April 1, 2012:
Pink Champagne Girls Official Meet – Oh La La - 2:00 - 3:00
Organized by Calypso726 [Terrie P]

If you plan to come I need your names and cabin number just in case there are any last minute changes and I need to contact you. Email Terrie at FantasyMV@gmail.com. Arrangements through DCL limit this gathering to 50 people. There will be a $20.00 per person charge to those on the list as of 3/26/12 and will be charged to the room account. This charge is non-refundable. Tiaras and pink feather boas will be provided for everyone.

If you sign up, you must wear a pink shirt to the meet up. At this even guys WILL be welcome,, BUT they MUST wear a pink shirt, feather boa and tiara the WHOLE time.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #156
2Pirates&1Princess
Mouseketeer

I like the idea of a pink chanpagne meet. Does Disney supply the tiarra's and boa's or do we? Robin you should call Disney and find out. I bet we could get some girls interested in doing that. Great, now I gotta go look for a pink shirt
What is included for that 20.00? Do we get food? Lots of questions

WDW 2000 All Star Movies
WDW 2003 POR Riverside
WDW 2004 Pop Century
DCL Magic 2009 Western Caribbean
WDW 2011 Pop Century
2Pirates&1Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #157
ForTheLoveOfDCL

I love this idea to although I am confused as to what u do once your dresse??d in all this. I think it would be cool if we all got breast cancer awareness shirts. That is what I am gonna do anyhow....kind of a close to my heart thing.
I also saw another thread doing a white elephants exchange with the ornaments...would be kinda nice way to get together and do the exchange. I will give credit where it is sure...the xmas cruise for this year had the idea or found it from someone else. Either way its nice!! Any thoughts??

Old 03-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #158
sjbond
Mouseketeer

Hey All!

I realized when I saw the post asking where we were that I'm having a hard time getting out of my "lurking" behaviour.

As you can see by my post count and join date, I've been here a while, but I don't post very often. I'm a pretty shy person by nature, so I tend to just look around and enjoy everyone else's posts. I'm going to do my best to get over this!!!! My goal will be to try to post here every day (I mean, really, I've been obsessing over the FE homemade gift thread for the past week or so, I think I can spare some time for this thread!)

By the way...I think my DH is a little concerned that I'm getting so into the FE gift exchange. Like I said, I've been reading through the entire homemade gift thread and I have soooooooo many ideas of what I want to do. The problem is that I've been haunting e-bay for items that I'll need (or think I'll need). Oh well, it'll be a lot of fun whipping these things together - and besides, what else am I going to do to make the next 641 days go by faster!

sjbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #159
Lissame
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbond View Post

By the way...I think my DH is a little concerned that I'm getting so into the FE gift exchange. Like I said, I've been reading through the entire homemade gift thread and I have soooooooo many ideas of what I want to do. The problem is that I've been haunting e-bay for items that I'll need (or think I'll need). Oh well, it'll be a lot of fun whipping these things together - and besides, what else am I going to do to make the next 641 days go by faster!
This definitely made me laugh, because on our first cruise, my husband had NO clue what to expect with the FE, and we ended up having to buy another suitcase to take home on the last night because we had SO much more stuff than when we got there. Had so many FE gifts that we ended up giving away some just to fit in what we did have. It's fun, but a bit overwhelming. We even split our group in two because we had so many participating.
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #160
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

It'll be nice having others join in the daily postings!

I think hunting for and deciding what to do for the exchange is the most fun aspect of it. Well that and getting items from all over the World potentially. My kids really enjoyed it. It was interesting trying to do the whole homemade thing about two - three weeks out from the sailing last time.

I enjoy looking at all the homemade items too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbond View Post
Hey All!

I realized when I saw the post asking where we were that I'm having a hard time getting out of my "lurking" behaviour.

As you can see by my post count and join date, I've been here a while, but I don't post very often. I'm a pretty shy person by nature, so I tend to just look around and enjoy everyone else's posts. I'm going to do my best to get over this!!!! My goal will be to try to post here every day (I mean, really, I've been obsessing over the FE homemade gift thread for the past week or so, I think I can spare some time for this thread!)

Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #161
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

I personally think we'd want to see how many people end up signing up for this before debating doing it as a white elephant exchange (although it does sound like less planning / organizing for you to have to do so I like that point of it). Plus it would be a great way to get to know everyone. I'm wondering how long it could take to do and where we could all meet up and do it at.

I guess watching this years group will help us figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
I love this idea to although I am confused as to what u do once your dresse??d in all this. I think it would be cool if we all got breast cancer awareness shirts. That is what I am gonna do anyhow....kind of a close to my heart thing.
I also saw another thread doing a white elephants exchange with the ornaments...would be kinda nice way to get together and do the exchange. I will give credit where it is sure...the xmas cruise for this year had the idea or found it from someone else. Either way its nice!! Any thoughts??
Old 03-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #162
SEVP
Nova Scotia, Canada

Quote:

Where is everybody else??? Beth, Sandi, Sonja...Where are you guys?

I'm here - lurking

I read the board every night and take everything in

Like the girls-get-together idea . . . I just bought a pink Disney golf shirt I can wear !!!

I can't wait for our trip - very excited as you are. Waiting for an ice storm to hit us overnight - if I get a snow day you all know what I'll be doing

Keep on chatting - I am always here in spirit if not typing
2013 DCL - Fantasy
2014 DCL - Fantasy
2014 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter
SEVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #163
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=SEVP;44315351Like the girls-get-together idea . . . I just bought a pink Disney golf shirt I can wear !!![/QUOTE]

Ok this is what I have investigated so far. It does sound like fun.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865313

I think we should do this. We could do it on a sea day when the kiddos are in the clubs. Just a thought....

Old 03-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #164
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Ok this is what I have investigated so far. It does sound like fun.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2865313

I think we should do this. We could do it on a sea day when the kiddos are in the clubs. Just a thought....
I would like to do something fun like that , I don't like champagne....but if everyone else does then that's fine. If not we can always do another drink....or for that matter just meet and we all pic our own drink.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #165
scrapbookingtigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissame View Post
This definitely made me laugh, because on our first cruise, my husband had NO clue what to expect with the FE, and we ended up having to buy another suitcase to take home on the last night because we had SO much more stuff than when we got there. Had so many FE gifts that we ended up giving away some just to fit in what we did have. It's fun, but a bit overwhelming. We even split our group in two because we had so many participating.
That is a good thought! We have never done FE either but I am worried about having to fit it all too! If we get a ton of people participating maybe we should split into 2 groups as well....Baggage fees for the airlines are over the top you know?

scrapbookingtigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: