Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #136
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookingtigger View Post
644 more days!!!!
and Woo Hoo!!!!

MVMCP means Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. It is the party at Magic Kingdom. It is held on certain days starting in November and ending the middle of December.

We are going to have so much fun!!!!

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:28 AM   #137
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
and Woo Hoo!!!!

MVMCP means Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party. It is the party at Magic Kingdom. It is held on certain days starting in November and ending the middle of December.

We are going to have so much fun!!!!
Thanks for answering that question Robin,I forgot.

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #138
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the group! I hope you find all the answers you are looking for on the different activities. I think the trip reports as they start coming in will be helpful for planning for all of us. I've been trying to find ones from close to holiday sailings to read the passengers perspectives of the different holiday festivities. I really enjoy looking over our cruise website and reading about the different holiday activities that occur on board the Disney ships.

Has anyone done the Christmas party before? I <3 looking at the pictures my friends post when they attend. The castle looks AMAZING. We almost did the Halloween Party last year. We were at the Magic Kingdom two days when it was occurring later that night. Although I've always wanted to do the Christmas one more than the Halloween one so we didn't do it. I think the rest of the family will be amazed with the Osborne Family Lights at Hollywood and the Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom.
lianne_0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #139
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Lianne are you going to try and do 2 days of parks while your down there? I really want to go down 3 days before we cruise, so that I can atleast do the party and osbourne lights. I am just hoping to save enough money to do that.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #140
Lissame
DIS Veteran

I am so behind the times! I just now checked for a meet up group and we've been signed up for this cruise forever! It's our second cruise, first was almost exactly a year ago on the Wonder to Mexico.

We are from Washington State, My name is Melissa, I'll be traveling with my husband LeeRoy, and kids Grace (will be 13) and Logan (will be 15).

Our stateroom is 8598, we have main dining. Definitely want to participate in the exchanges, we won't be going to WDW, it is just not a possibility for this trip.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Lissame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #141
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissame View Post
I am so behind the times! I just now checked for a meet up group and we've been signed up for this cruise forever! It's our second cruise, first was almost exactly a year ago on the Wonder to Mexico.

We are from Washington State, My name is Melissa, I'll be traveling with my husband LeeRoy, and kids Grace (will be 13) and Logan (will be 15).

Our stateroom is 8598, we have main dining. Definitely want to participate in the exchanges, we won't be going to WDW, it is just not a possibility for this trip.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Welcome Melissa!!!! Glad you could join our group. If you don't mind , in my signature you will find a link to our webpage. On the page there is a join us link..if it's not to much trouble could you please submit a join us form??
My DD will be 13 as well. She loved having the roam of the ship on the Wonder in Jan...so she is really excited about the club for them on the Fantasy!!

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 03-11-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #142
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

I am planning on taking the kids to both Hollywood for the lights and Magic Kingdom for the Party. Maybe even do the Candlelight Processional
at Epcot. We performed in it several years during high school so I would enjoy sharing it with the kids as well.

It is all going to depend on the dates they have available and how my finals will fall. Technically the 14th is my graduation date so I know I'll be able to get on the ship that day as we won't have any classes. I'm not sure how finals will fall or how Disney's dates will line up with our dates for the cruise. So I'll just have to plan on doing it and as it gets closer and I have set dates, then I can actually plan for it whether it is before or after the cruise.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #143
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Hi Melissa. Welcome to our group!! You will find that we are a pretty chatty bunch. I have a daughter (Gabi) that will be 14 by the time we cruise. Glad ya found us

Is there a mvmcp after we get off the cruise? I didnt think they did them that late in the month. I could be wrong though. Anyhoot, I just definitely hope to be going. I really want a pic of the castle at night with all the pretty lights.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #144
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Osborne Lights...not a good pic.

I will have to go find my awesome pic of the castle at Xmas time and post it....It is gorgeous!!
There won't be any dates after our cruise for MVMCP...usually ends the 19th or before so I would be shocked if there were....the past years would tell me NO. I can't wait to go and share it with my New York BFF's(disneydiva & 2pirates&1princess)....we always have a blast together and Robin hasn't been ever...Norma, not so sure. I love MVMCP....even more magical!!

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 03-11-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #145
lianne_0325
Mouseketeer

I am with you on the castle pic!

Anyways I just did a quick google search after you said that. You are correct. The Party seems to end around the 18-19th of the month or at least it has the last few years. I know the Christmas lights still go for a bit longer so maybe party before the cruise and enjoy the lights the night we get back in?!? Seems they release the dates for the partys around late April / early May.

If I get too chatty just PM me or something to tell me to stop replying to everyone. I like being involved so far in advance. Although hopefully this doesn't distract me to the length that the Dream cruise did for my GMAT exam. Didn't do as well as I'd hope but I still was admitted to my one and only choice.

I feel so left out when I reply from work because I can't see the pictures. So I'll have to go home and see what lovely ones you've found.

And Welcome Melissa!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #146
MyrleO
Earning My Ears

Cruising

Myself and DH will be on this cruise too. We are staying in room 10160 10th floor aft, next door to our son his wife and our 2 grandkids. This will be our second cruise with Disney, Our first was in 1986 when it was through premier cruise lines. Looking forward to our upcoming trip! I would like to sign up for the ornament exchange and FE too please!
MyrleO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #147
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
I am with you on the castle pic!

Anyways I just did a quick google search after you said that. You are correct. The Party seems to end around the 18-19th of the month or at least it has the last few years. I know the Christmas lights still go for a bit longer so maybe party before the cruise and enjoy the lights the night we get back in?!? Seems they release the dates for the partys around late April / early May.

If I get too chatty just PM me or something to tell me to stop replying to everyone. I like being involved so far in advance. Although hopefully this doesn't distract me to the length that the Dream cruise did for my GMAT exam. Didn't do as well as I'd hope but I still was admitted to my one and only choice.

I feel so left out when I reply from work because I can't see the pictures. So I'll have to go home and see what lovely ones you've found.

And Welcome Melissa!
Lianne,
I can't speak for anyone else but Robin, Norma and I will chat right along with you till we meet. We like a chatty bunch cause it helps get through the time and actually made our last cruise together a hard one to beat. We chatted with our "Dreamers" for over a yr and we all felt like we knew so much about each other when we got onboard that it did feel like we had friends onboard. So we love the chattiness!!! I will go look for a pic of the castle to post before I go to bed so you can see when you get home!!

Old 03-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #148
ForTheLoveOfDCL

Alright so I found my MVMCP pictures and thought I would post some

Osborne Lights

Dance Parties...MVMCP...the girls loved dancing with the characters.

and of course....couldn't forget the best of all
THE CASTLE!!!!!!

Now is that something to look forward to or what!!!

Last edited by ForTheLoveOfDCL; 03-11-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #149
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
I can't wait to go and share it with my New York BFF's(disneydiva & 2pirates&1princess)....we always have a blast together

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
If I get too chatty just PM me or something to tell me to stop replying to everyone.
Ya know the funny thing is when I sign into the dis...I am already thinking..."Hmm, I wonder what Lianne has said today" But that's a GOOD thing, cuz you're just as excited as me to have this cruise get here!!! So keep chatting away!!!!!

Where is everybody else??? Beth, Sandi, Sonja...Where are you guys?

Old 03-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #150
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyrleO View Post
Myself and DH will be on this cruise too. We are staying in room 10160 10th floor aft, next door to our son his wife and our 2 grandkids. This will be our second cruise with Disney, Our first was in 1986 when it was through premier cruise lines. Looking forward to our upcoming trip! I would like to sign up for the ornament exchange and FE too please!
Welcome Aboard!!!! Looking forward to getting to know ya

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: