Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 03:25 AM   #76
MICKEY'S DREAMERS

Bringing the WL to you one screensaver at a time

Smile Let's dream about our next vacation !

CIAO Jeanne , Jessica and everyone !

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW FAMILIES JOINING IN THE CRUISE !!

How was your Summer time ?

Marco and I have been blessed with a WONDERFUL AUGUST ! and we are very thankful about this ! My parents and his Mum did well all month long, so we could completely enjoy our Hawai’ian vacation !!

Here are some of our most “intriguing” memories – which we are happy to share with our new friends on this thread !!

In Keauhou (Big Island) we had a touching Vow Renewal ceremony , at sunrise , by the ocean : it was a complimentary feature , offered by our resort.
I especially was so emotional (35 years ! ) – and we made also some new very special friends !

In the island of Kauai we saw the most beautiful “works of art” by Nature and came across to “strange” signs , such as “Nene crossing” ( Nene is the Hawai'i state bird ) or this one !!

This is “the view” we loved every evening from our hotel room :

One of the highlights of our vacation was a day-long trip to the Kilauea (active) Volcano , where we admired gorgeous rain forest , incredible plumes of thick steam and gases rising out of Halema’uma’u Crater , a lava tube ( we walked through it ! A bit scary !) and even A LAKE of molten lava !! glowing in the distance at night !

It was a perfect vacation and we have now so many beautiful memories about it !
This is why Marco and I both thought of sharing some pictures with you all .

As our cruise together is approaching … I hope these photos can put you all in a CRUISE MOOD

... at least in a DREAM MOOD !!

WELCOME TO THE WEEKEND ! Enjoy the day !!

laura

MICKEY'S DREAMERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:30 AM   #77
DumboFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristit14
Okay, I got it booked! Really excited, can't wait to meet everyone. It looks like we have quite a few teens in our group
There is a facebook page set up for the teens. PM my daughter, DopeyLvr, your kids' info & she can add them. It is a private group.
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #78
cristit14
An older I am Dorky Wafflebrains
I really need to pay attention when I am walking
I named my goldfish Horsey and Donkey

Now for a little more of an introduction. It will be the four of us, myself, DH Brad, DD Rachel and DS Jacob. This will be our 4th Disney cruise. Our first was a land/sea in 2004. It supposedly was a "once in a lifetime trip". We then went on an Eastern in 2005 and a Western in 2007. Did a WDW trip in 2006 and 2010 and the kids did a WDW trip with the grandparents in 2008 ( I think).

We live in beautiful Colorado. Brad and the kids have lived here their whole lives. I was an Air Force brat and moved here with my family right after high school. So, I have been here for over 20 years myself.

I had actually wanted to go on the first cruise in June next summer because we have some friends going on that one, but my son will be in Film Camp for the whole month of June so that put cruising out. I am looking forward to seeing Costa Maya since we haven't been there before.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #79
Donald & Daisy Duck
I even put ketchup on my tag!

Hello everyone...I think we will be joining you on this cruise and should be booking it with DU in the next day or two.

We are a family group of 13 and will be cruising to celebrate my mom's 75th birthday. My dh and I just got off the Magic a few weeks ago and will be moving our dummy date to this one.

Onboard will be:

Me, my dh, ds (18) and dd (20)
My mom and dad
My brother and his kids dd 16, dd 15 and ds 9
My sister and her kids dd 14 and ds 10

I will post more information when we actually get our reservations booked and rooms assigned!!

We have all cruised on DCL before but on the Wonder (and us on the Magic too!) and cannot wait to see what the new ship looks like. I happen to really love the Wonder and the Magic and hope this ship is just as magical!!

Donald & Daisy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #80
cristit14
An older I am Dorky Wafflebrains
I really need to pay attention when I am walking
I named my goldfish Horsey and Donkey

Welcome! I can't wait for the new ship too. It should be great!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #81
jham
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald & Daisy Duck View Post
Hello everyone...I think we will be joining you on this cruise and should be booking it with DU in the next day or two.

We are a family group of 13 and will be cruising to celebrate my mom's 75th birthday. My dh and I just got off the Magic a few weeks ago and will be moving our dummy date to this one.

Onboard will be:

Me, my dh, ds (18) and dd (20)
My mom and dad
My brother and his kids dd 16, dd 15 and ds 9
My sister and her kids dd 14 and ds 10

I will post more information when we actually get our reservations booked and rooms assigned!!

We have all cruised on DCL before but on the Wonder (and us on the Magic too!) and cannot wait to see what the new ship looks like. I happen to really love the Wonder and the Magic and hope this ship is just as magical!!
Welcome! There will be a lot of kids in our group the ages of your nieces and nephews! I have cruised on the Magic and the Dream. I can't wait to see the Fantasy! Hmmm...now I think I will need to book the Wonder!

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
jham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #82
jham
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE GROUP--please post if you want to be added! I will try to keep it straight. We will also be keeping up with the list in our facebook group so let me know if you are not on facebook so we don't leave you out of anything.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2775...2822282157970/

jham: staterooms 7000 and 7002
Mike
Jeanne
Jayden (15) (girl)
Seth (14)
Luke (10)
Lily (7)
Starting up a fish extender exchange group! Some of us need lots of time to work on stuff!

Old 10-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #83
MICKEY'S DREAMERS

Smile

Quote:
Starting up a fish extender exchange group! Some of us need lots of time to work on stuff!
CIAO ! I am not on Facebook - so THANKYOU if you can let me know HERE about what is going on ...

How "huge" is the FE thing you are thinking of ?

I mean , we come all the way from Italy - so we cannot bring much stuff with us on the plane !
On past cruises we have been on - FE meant a "little something" ( sort of small items) to drop in the FE bags of the cruise fellows -
nothing BIG nor "pricey"

I will be glad to take part in this FE group . but cannot partecipate with "big things" - and surely would not want to disappoint our new friends with ... too simple gifts ...

Could you tell me / post photos about your past cruises "FE items" ?
( Neither I am good in sewing nor in decoupage and such ...)

CIAO !! laura

Old 10-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #84
CastlesandDreams
Mouseketeer

Hi Laura,

I would love to have you participate in the FE exchange. I have never done an FE before but my understanding is that the "gifts" are little things. I think you could do something like a postcard from your beautiful country or a piece of Bacci (YUMMY). I want to do something creative and fun rather than expensive. So PLEASE join us!!!

Recent Disney trips:Disney Wonder to Alaska, August 11-18, 2014, Adventures By Disney- Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands, November 5-14, 2012 and Disney's Aulani Resort in Hawai'i, July 21-25, 2012

Me46 , DS17 , DS13 , DD12 and DM74
CastlesandDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #85
jham
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY'S DREAMERS View Post
CIAO ! I am not on Facebook - so THANKYOU if you can let me know HERE about what is going on ...

How "huge" is the FE thing you are thinking of ?

I mean , we come all the way from Italy - so we cannot bring much stuff with us on the plane !
On past cruises we have been on - FE meant a "little something" ( sort of small items) to drop in the FE bags of the cruise fellows -
nothing BIG nor "pricey"

I will be glad to take part in this FE group . but cannot partecipate with "big things" - and surely would not want to disappoint our new friends with ... too simple gifts ...

Could you tell me / post photos about your past cruises "FE items" ?
( Neither I am good in sewing nor in decoupage and such ...)

CIAO !! laura
Definitely no need to go big for the FE gifts! Any little thing is fun. I think it is just about seeing something in that FE when you get to your room, no such thing as too simple! On our last cruise there was a family from Switzerland. They brought everyone a few Swiss chocolates and it was a wonderful treat! I think if our group gets really big we could split it into two as well so it's not too overwhelming. Some people like to make stuff and be crafty, others do not. It's all good! We'd love to have you join! It is also fun to have a little something that shares where you are from. I live near the Great Salt Lake and last cruise I made a little tote bag for each stateroom with a bag of salt water taffy. Rob is very crafty and gave out some cool things last cruise and had the coolest magnets on his door!

Old 10-05-2012, 04:50 AM   #86
MICKEY'S DREAMERS

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlesandDreams View Post
Hi Laura,

I would love to have you participate in the FE exchange. I have never done an FE before but my understanding is that the "gifts" are little things. I think you could do something like a postcard from your beautiful country or a piece of Bacci (YUMMY). I want to do something creative and fun rather than expensive. So PLEASE join us!!!

TKS !!
Not sure about Baci Perugina , I'm afraid they will melt in the long trip ...
BUT I'll find something !!!! laura

Old 10-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #87
MICKEY'S DREAMERS

Thumbs up

Quote:
Definitely no need to go big for the FE gifts! Any little thing is fun. I think if our group gets really big we could split it into two as well so it's not too overwhelming.

This is what I needed to know !!
OK , so DH and I will be part of the FE exchange ! Can you put our room # in the FE list , please ? LAURA and (DGrumpyH) Marco, stateroom 2525
THANKYOU !!

NOW I need to start thinking of ...something Italian or perhaps just stuff !!

laura

Old 10-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #88
Donald & Daisy Duck
I even put ketchup on my tag!

Okay so we are officially booked!!

Donald & Daisy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #89
jham
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald & Daisy Duck View Post
Okay so we are officially booked!!

Old 10-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #90
indycruiser
Earning My Ears

Just joined

Hi all, We just joined here and also over on the fb page. I'm traveling with my dd, who will be 8 at the time of the cruise.

This is our first cruise, and our first time at Disney. I see just from browsing the boards for a few hours that there is a wealth of information here to be gathered and shared. Hope to get to know a few of you and make the trip a little more social for us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: