Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

Packing for road trip to WDW with infant

We leave Friday night/Saturday morning for our road trip from NJ to WDW. I should have plenty of room to pack since we just purchased a mini van. It will be me, DH, and DD (4 months). I am just trying to make sure I have everything sorted out for the packing. I will bring enough bottles for 2-3 days so we will have enough that I won't need to figure out how to wash & sterilize them on the trip down (yes, we still sterilize all the bottles, some people give me lip about that but it makes us happy). I purchased a few gallons of nursery water for formula mixing. I also pump for her so I will have my pump and supplies (yay for 110w outlets in the back of the van!), the plan is to pump on my regular schedule and then feed to DD so I don't have to worry about long term storage and heating of the milk.

I will also bring a huge stack of receiving blankets and bibs, we go through a ton of them. I have a washable pad for tummy time on the floor at the hotels. I will probably leave the sterilizer home and opt for sterilizing bottles in boiling water instead to save room packing. We will bring the sleep n play napper since DD won't sleep laying flat, thankfully that folds flat for transportation.

Obviously a bunch of diapers, wipes, swim diapers, clothes, etc.

What am I forgetting? What is useful?
DD (2014)
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
epholdsteady
Earning My Ears

this is just off the top of my head because I have a 2yo and a 4m old - though I have never been on a roadtrip with them -

Hand sanitizer
sun hat
dangle toys (like the links with little things attached so s/he can play in the carseat
bubbles
gas drops/gripe water/baby tylenol
teething toys
paci leash (to tether any number of things)
a small fan to attach to the stroller
rain cover for stroller
keep changes of clothes handy in the car in case of accidents

I am a better safe than sorry packer though! GL on your roadtrip!! You're braver than I
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

Make a list (or a mental note) of what you use in one week, and bring those things for sure. Anything else, you probably won't use.

Don't forget all meds and creams your DD uses or could potentially need.

Remember comfort items, like a favorite blanket or swaddle.

She will probably sleep most of the time! Have fun!!!

AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

You don't mention if you are staying onsite or renting a place offsite.

If you are staying onsite, I would think it would be much easier having the sterlizer as there is really no way to boil water unless you are in a suite with one of the mini kitchens.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know

I probably should have mentioned that we are staying at BWV in a 1 bedroom so we have a full kitchen and washer/dryer.

I am debating bringing her bouncy seat, she uses it a lot so I think I will bring it to keep her happy while we are in the room
DD (2014)
Old 09-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
dionna
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_n_pooh
I will probably leave the sterilizer home and opt for sterilizing bottles in boiling water instead to save room packing.
Have you ever seen/used the Medela microwave sterilizing bags for bottles and pump parts? Since you'll have access to a microwave, I would do this! We are thankfully done with bottles, but when we were in that stage this is what we did to sterilize while traveling and it is a huge help in packing light and saving time! There are other brands out there but I had good experience with this brand. You can get them from amazon or at target. Hope that helps!
dionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
littlebit0863
Mouseketeer

Holy moly you are a better woman than I to do all that pumping and sterilizing. No lip here, I am just in awe of the awesome mom you are. I say definitely bring the bouncy seat, or even a travel swing unless you want her to be in your arms the entire time you are in the resort. Can she sit on her own? If not then definitely bring them.

I would also say the same thing about the dangling toys, etc. She will probably (hopefully) sleep well on the drive but you will want a few things that you can use to entertain her.

I would also bring a small case just for baby meds. Maybe infant pain/fever medicine, teething gel, a baby nose sucker, nail clippers. She may start teething on your trip and you will want something on hand that doesn't require digging in a suitcase for.
littlebit0863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #8
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

Bath time?? Just think through what you want to do. A portable tub, in shower or tub with you?
All supplies for that.

Her regular washing detergent

I agree to walk through her whole day, or week, and see what you use in a week and decide if you need to bring it.

What about a baby carrier or wrap? My boys hated them but many parents swear by them.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
tink_n_pooh

I almost bought a portable bath tub but I just decided we will bring her regular tub, she is used to it and we have room in the car for it. We will bring the Beco baby carrier too, that stays in the car all the time anyway. And a container of Dreft for laundry. Everything else mentioned so far we keep in her diaper bag anyway (maybe I over pack a little LOL)
DD (2014)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: