Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #1456
Wolfcat
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to our meet & greet!

Great-Vista Cafe at 3 pm on deck 4. See everyone
Real soon.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #1457
silmarg
SIL

still not packed
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #1458
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
still not packed
Me neither.

We are almost done with the clothes, but not all the extra DISNEY stuff one requires for a cruise with DCL.

The kids have to go to school tomorrow, we will leave IMMEDIATELY after they get home, drive 3 hours to the airport, and get to Orlando at midnight. Ugh. Oh well, this way they can miss 3 days after their break so we get 4 days at WDW. Gotta have priorities, no?
Old 02-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #1459
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

It's almost 3

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #1460
jfahome
DIS Veteran

If someone happens to check this board while on the ship this week I have a question/favor. If you happen to have Sergio from Montenegro could you ask him if he'll still be onboard the April 20th sailing? We've requested him, but want to know if he'll be there. Thank you!! Have a great time!

1st DCL - May 2009, 7 night Magic Western
2nd DCL - Jan 30,2010 7 night Magic Eastern
3rd DCL - Sept 8, 2011 - 3 night Disney Dream
4th DCL - May 5, 2012 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
5th DCL - Aug 11, 2012 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
6th DCL - Apr 20, 2013 - 7 night Eastern Disney Fantasy
7th DCL - Jan 10, 2014 - 3 night Bahamas Disney Magic
8th DCL - May 15, 2015 - 15 night Eastbound Transatlantic Disney Magic
jfahome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:09 AM   #1461
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

It's so sad to be back in port and we are less than 2 hours from getting off. It was a great cruise got to meet a few of you. Thank you all again for wonderful FE gifts. John, Colleen, Liam & Eileen 8080

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #1462
jmcross
One way to get tagged is to have a "tag sale" ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfahome View Post
If someone happens to check this board while on the ship this week I have a question/favor. If you happen to have Sergio from Montenegro could you ask him if he'll still be onboard the April 20th sailing? We've requested him, but want to know if he'll be there. Thank you!! Have a great time!
I wish I had read this sooner than today. We just got off the ship and had Sergio from Montenegro! We loved him, too!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #1463
EllinK
Earning My Ears

Staten Island?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinMemories4MyKids View Post
I'm seriously considering driving from New York (Staten Island) to Florida for the cruise.
I am also from SI! But I've been in CA for a long time. See you on the ship
EllinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #1464
DisDream09
DIS Veteran

Back to reality

I hope everyone checks back on this thread now that the cruise is over. I am sorry I did not get to meet all of you. Although I did bust some of you giving out your gifts, LOL. This was my first time doing the FE and all I have to say is WOW!!! I was amazed by all the wonderful gifts we received. The creativity and thought and effort that went into each and every gift just blew my mind. My daughters LOVED going back to the room and checking the FE. My husband said at one point he saw 2 kids looking through our pockets, he wasn't sure if they were just being nosey or if they were helping themselves. So at that point we would clear out the pockets and put everything on the bed if the kids were not with us.

To the person that did the scavenger hunt.....what an amazing idea!!! Unfortunately we ran out of time before we could do it. I was so bummed!!!

Thank you to all of you. Each and every gift was SO appreciated. And each one made it home........my suitcase was 9 pounds over weight!!!!

Looking forward to doing this again someday!!!!
October 1998
December 2004 - All Star Music
May 2006 - Off site
Jan 2007 - Windsor Hills
August 2007 - Windsor Hills
December 2007 - Windsor Hills
June 2008 - Windsor Hills
February 2009 - Windsor Hills - Girls Weekend
December 2009 - Windsor Hills
August 2010 Hawaii (NCL)
December 2010 - All Star Music - Cheer Competition
July 2011 - Windsor Hills - Harry Potter
September 22, 2011 Disney Dream
December 2011 - All Star Music - Pop Warner Cheer Competition - JPW National Champions!!!!
December 2012 - All Star Music - Pop Warner Cheer Competition - JM National Champions!!!!
February 16-23, 2013 - Disney Fantasy Cruise
December 2013 - All Star Music - Pop Warner Cheer Competition - JM Silver Medalists!!!!

Andrea John Jessie Adriana Mema
DisDream09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #1465
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

What a great trip!

I hope everyone booked a new trip while on-board.

We spent one night at the Animal Kingdom resort with Savanna views and it was incredible. If you get a chance, do it. I wish we had more then one day there. Next time for sure.

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder, Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #1466
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

I can't believe we are back home already. It seemed to go by way too fast! Seven nights on the ship, and we still didn't get to do everything we wanted to do. Well....I guess part of the reason is I spent the first full day at sea in bed trying to sleep out the motion sickness. But, no worries....the rest of the cruise was smooth sailing for me. My DS13 got a really awesome souvenir from Costa Maya.....it was a Predator sculpture made from fish bones. I have this totally irrational fear of bones, so I won't ever be touching that thing. DS13 loved Costa Maya....we went into town and he liked seeing how the culture was there. Of course, he wouldn't venture off anywhere at Cozumel, except for that mall right there when you first leave the docks....so that wasn't anything different for him....he sees the mall here all the time. But he was just too tired to venture out anywhere else. So, back to the ship we went and DD9 rode the Mickey slide for about two hours straight.

So, I have to ask....what did you all think about the food? This was my 11th Disney cruise and I have to say I was NOT impressed with the food at all. We were always in dinner until after 10:00....our service was so slow! And my server kind of ticked me off a couple of times. I was trying to take pictures of the menu's and he would grab them from me. Neither server interacted with us....especially the drink server. He brought our drinks and that was it. So, I was a little disappointed by that....normally we get servers that do little magic tricks for the kids and talk to us a little more. Other than that, the CM interaction was awesome, they were all very nice and had smiles on their faces all the time.

Overall it was a great cruise. My kids had a blast. My DS13 met some new friends and exchanged phone numbers so he could keep in touch. My DD9 took advantage of the kids clubs more than she ever has in the past. We did the Detective Agency twice. And the weather at Castaway Cay couldn't have been better!!!! Although the water could have been warmer! I wonder when Disney will find a way to heat that water in the winter?

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #1467
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRichard View Post
What a great trip!

I hope everyone booked a new trip while on-board.

We spent one night at the Animal Kingdom resort with Savanna views and it was incredible. If you get a chance, do it. I wish we had more then one day there. Next time for sure.
It sure was a great trip! We weren't able to book another discounted trip while on board because we already have one booked from the last time we cruised that we haven't set sail on yet. They only allow you to have ONE discounted cruise booked at a time.

We spent one night before the cruise and one night after the cruise at Animal Kingdom Jambo in Concierge level. That was pretty cool!! Until it was time to check out yesterday....that was pretty depressing. But...we have another trip planned for September, so that helps.

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #1468
jengrabinski
Earning My Ears

Did your server happen to be Allywn from India? And Brooks from Jamaica? Allywn was terrible the 1st few nights, brooks told us it was his 1st day back on the boat. We had a table of 4 & relatives at 2 other tables of 8 each & they would finish before us almost every night. They had different servers.
jengrabinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #1469
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
It sure was a great trip! We weren't able to book another discounted trip while on board because we already have one booked from the last time we cruised that we haven't set sail on yet. They only allow you to have ONE discounted cruise booked at a time.

We spent one night before the cruise and one night after the cruise at Animal Kingdom Jambo in Concierge level. That was pretty cool!! Until it was time to check out yesterday....that was pretty depressing. But...we have another trip planned for September, so that helps.
That is not true?

I have 2 booked right now?

I think they only allow 1 per adult while on board and I believe you can book 2 rooms as long as it is the same sail date.

Others can add if they know please?

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder, Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #1470
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
...I spent the first full day at sea in bed trying to sleep out the motion sickness...

...So, I have to ask....what did you all think about the food?...
I too had awful sea-sickness on Sunday. I wasn't expecting it as on my previous cruise I had no issues. Once I was able to keep the Bonine (meclozine) in my system I felt much better.

My wife and I thought the main dining room food was outstanding, to the point that saw a small incremental difference between the dining rooms and Palo. We may not look to go to Palo on the Fantasy next time.

Our server team was wonderful and one of the highlights of our cruise. We had head server Faisal, server Andre, and assistant Maria. All three were great.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: