Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #1426
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

What is A.C.Es

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #1427
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizJohn View Post
What is A.C.Es
Instead of calling it a "Fish Extender Exchange"....some of our friends call it an "Aquatic Creature Exchange" because on the Dream & Fantasy, there are more than just Fish outside of the staterooms....there are Seahorses too. So, one of our friends from the DVC Member Cruise re-named it "A.C.E" instead of "F.E.".

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #1428
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
Instead of calling it a "Fish Extender Exchange"....some of our friends call it an "Aquatic Creature Exchange" because on the Dream & Fantasy, there are more than just Fish outside of the staterooms....there are Seahorses too. So, one of our friends from the DVC Member Cruise re-named it "A.C.E" instead of "F.E.".
Thank you

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #1429
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
LOL, I was trying to figure that one out too! Hmmm, wonder what creature we will have.

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #1430
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
We originally were going to do this but We were told pick up at SSR was between 11 and 1. With closer to 1 being the time. It would get us to PC a lot later then we wanted. Next time we stay at Hyatt at MCO and take DCL which gets u there earlier. Oh well first time is a learning experience.
I think staying ay WDW before is pretty cool. We just didn't have the time. You'll have to tell us how SSR was. We have stayed at OKW, BWV, & BCV. Would like to try the others some day but always end up going back to BCV!

Rob & Sue
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #1431
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandj524 View Post

Thank you - I can't wait to try it (I must have missed the links about FB, so I am not in that group)

Thanks again!
You are welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_W View Post
OK, I've GOT to check these out now. 3 glowing reports for packing cubes from ebags. Egad!

Ooooh, I found a COOL thing yestrday at Target. It s a "pop up recycle container". They come 3 in a pack for <$6. I figure it will work great as a pop up hamper that I can throw away for the trip home! OK, I was pretty pleased with my purchase--although I am sure I will get the eye roll from DH. he is so frugal. I can hear it now, "Why pay $2 for that when we could just use a garbage bag?"
That's a great idea for a hamper! Thanks for sharing.

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #1432
kpd320
Earning My Ears

Is there a meet time for Dis Board members

I was talking with DD and DS and they wanted to know if there was a place that we are meeting so the kids can get together and meet each other? I have a DS 8 and DD 12

dance3:
kpd320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #1433
Lani
MousePlanet.com editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
Thanks! Oh, no doubt our luggage will be bulging at the seams! I've got the hubby's bag packed. He lays everything out, but I roll and fold everything into packing cubes. It's just darn amazing what you can fit in those things! Now I just have to finish packing all the joint stuff (toiletries, etc.) and the rest of my clothes and I'll be 95% done.
Yep, those packing cubes (and Ziploc baggies) are the secret to packing tightly. I'm mostly packed; I'll finish packing on Thursday (the night before the flight) since some things I can't pack yet (like my purse contents).

As with my previous cruises, I'll be able to go with just my carry-ons. Taking two since my FE stuff takes up too much space... but I will likely be able to disembark at the end of the cruise carrying just my one carry-on. :-D

Lani Teshima, MousePlanet.com Staff Editor & Writer. Marathoner and Premiere Annual Passholder. Travel right—Travelite! You can travel with just your carry-on bag! Learn how at The Travelite FAQ! Ask me anything about runDisney or packing light for your travels!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #1434
silmarg
SIL

I just scored a Palo and Remy brunch!
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - 2BR Kidani Savannah / BLT Studio
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #1435
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

More 2014 cruise dates announced

Just announced today, bookings open this week for more 2014 sail dates, so if you're planning to book onboard, we have some great timing here.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic

Last edited by jcarwash; 02-12-2013 at 12:44 PM.
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #1436
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

The DW and I have booked the Mayan ruins/ beach excursion on Cozumel. Looking at some recent reviews about the ruins on this excursion which are the San Gervasio ones right on the island and they haven't been very favorable. I have come to trust the opinions of the experienced cruisers on this thread so was wondering has anyone else done these ruins and what you thought

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #1437
DarthTod
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash
Just announced today, bookings open this week for more 2014 sail dates, so if you're planning to book onboard, we have some great timing here.
Nice! I was hoping for that. We want to book Alaska for next year.
DarthTod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #1438
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani View Post
Yep, those packing cubes (and Ziploc baggies) are the secret to packing tightly. I'm mostly packed; I'll finish packing on Thursday (the night before the flight) since some things I can't pack yet (like my purse contents).

As with my previous cruises, I'll be able to go with just my carry-ons. Taking two since my FE stuff takes up too much space... but I will likely be able to disembark at the end of the cruise carrying just my one carry-on. :-D
Wow... I Haven't even started packing yet. Not one thing. I usually do it 2 days before we go.

Our first Disney cruise, we had 12 bags (including carry-ons) for FOUR of us. This summer we went to Europe for 3 weeks and did a 2 week Med Cruise & had 5 bags for 5 of us. This time I am hoping for the same. Plus a small personal item for the plane for each of us. I have teenage boys...they can carry stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
I just scored a Palo and Remy brunch!
Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
The DW and I have booked the Mayan ruins/ beach excursion on Cozumel. Looking at some recent reviews about the ruins on this excursion which are the San Gervasio ones right on the island and they haven't been very favorable. I have come to trust the opinions of the experienced cruisers on this thread so was wondering has anyone else done these ruins and what you thought
I have not done this excursion. Have you checked out the cruisecritic.com boards? They usually have a larger number of excursion reviews. The newest Passporter DCL Guide has the excursion rating listed as "n/a", so it must be very new. HTH
Old 02-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #1439
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

Wowzers...

...it's awfully quiet around here...
Old 02-13-2013, 03:59 AM   #1440
Lani
MousePlanet.com editor

Quote:
You'll have to show these packing cubes....I'm curious....especially after everyone's high reviews on them!.
There are a lot of great packing cubes but here are some I personally recommend:

Tom Bihn Packing Cubes (http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB091.html). These are designed mostly to fit their travel bags, but they are very well-made. The holy grail of his packing cubes is the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB0921.html), which converts into a purse/shoulder bag. Love it.

Eagle Creek Pack-It Spectre Cubes (http://shop.eaglecreek.com/packit-sp...ube-set/d/1229) win for being the lightest of them all. The zippers are pretty strong and won't bust even when you stuff these.

Various packing cubes via eBags (http://www.ebags.com/category/travel...igin=flyaway); they sell their own brand, as well as others, in various sizes.

Some of the cheapest and best packing cubes are 2-gallon Ziploc resealable baggies (http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages...e=Two%20gallon). You can stuff quite a few folded clothes in there, then slowly squeeze out all the extra air by literally sitting on them (or as I do, lying down face down over them). Super cheap, and they pack flat as a pancake.

Packing cubes are the secret to well-organized packing. Once you start using them, you won't want to just toss stuff into your luggage ever again. ^_^

Lani Teshima, MousePlanet.com Staff Editor & Writer. Marathoner and Premiere Annual Passholder. Travel right—Travelite! You can travel with just your carry-on bag! Learn how at The Travelite FAQ! Ask me anything about runDisney or packing light for your travels!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: