Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #1411
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpotter

Ok.. You are both overachievers! I am halfway done with A.C.Es, going through summer clothes to see if anything fits. I will probably work 35 hours this week Monday through Thursday.. We fly out at noon on Friday!

In all fairness, we had a baby shower for my daughter yesterday that took a bit of my time the last few weeks. If it weren't for that I would be partially packed already!
LOL Not really. We've already left home and are at our first hotel stop. Our flight leaves in 8 hours. I sewed my FE this morning. LOL
Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #1412
calypso726
DIS Veteran

I posted this on FB but I don't remember if the person who asked is on there so I am re-posting it here.

Butterbeer martini recipe. 2 shots Butterscotch schnapps, 1/2 shot vanilla vodka, 1/2 shot whipped cream vodka, a few squeezes of butterscotch sundae topping, and cream soda. Enjoy my muggle friends!!!!

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #1413
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpotter View Post
Ok.. You are both overachievers! I am halfway done with A.C.Es, going through summer clothes to see if anything fits. I will probably work 35 hours this week Monday through Thursday.. We fly out at noon on Friday!

In all fairness, we had a baby shower for my daughter yesterday that took a bit of my time the last few weeks. If it weren't for that I would be partially packed already!
I finally completed all of the A.C.Es yesterday. I will start packing tonight. We've got 3 more sleeps until we head out to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysny View Post
I don't mean to hijack, but I think I am addicted to packing cubes, so I can't help myself. Earlier today I had quite a stack of them all ready to go. I wish the rest of my life were as organized as my packing! We use them all the time. They work great for summer camp, also.
Ebags definitely has the best price I have found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
I bought ours from eBags.com. They are fabric and mesh boxes that zip shut. I can pack seven days of shorts and t-shirts in a large cube. I couldn't travel without them now. My mom saw mine last time we traveled together and she bought herself a set. They are good for just about everything.
I will be using packing cubes for the first time this trip. I got ours from Ebags too. I kept hearing such good things about them and when I saw that they were giving 15 airline miles per dollar with one of my Chase cards I jumped on it

Old 02-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #1414
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
I finally completed all of the A.C.Es yesterday. I will start packing tonight. We've got 3 more sleeps until we head out to WDW

What is an "A.C.E."?

I will be using packing cubes for the first time this trip. I got ours from Ebags too. I kept hearing such good things about them and when I saw that they were giving 15 airline miles per dollar with one of my Chase cards I jumped on it
OK, I've GOT to check these out now. 3 glowing reports for packing cubes from ebags. Egad!

Ooooh, I found a COOL thing yestrday at Target. It s a "pop up recycle container". They come 3 in a pack for <$6. I figure it will work great as a pop up hamper that I can throw away for the trip home! OK, I was pretty pleased with my purchase--although I am sure I will get the eye roll from DH. he is so frugal. I can hear it now, "Why pay $2 for that when we could just use a garbage bag?"
Old 02-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #1415
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

OOOooooh, those packng cubes look so neat! it would be a big expenditure to organize & outfit the family of 5, however. I will have to wait. They are so pretty, though!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #1416
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

ok, they are preliminarily forecasting another nameable winter storm for my area on Thursday! Too close for comfort for me. We will have to watch this one carefully. After this I think I am going back to April vacation for trips this is too much stress!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #1417
calypso726
DIS Veteran

PINK CHAMPAGNE GIRLS group photo update

CALLING ALL PINK CHAMPAGNE GIRLS
(and guys)!!!!

We have a confirmed group photo reservation in the atrium right after our event which ends at 12:15. The princesses are scheduled to be holding a meet and greet that should be finishing up about the time we arrive. If the timing works out well we may be able to have one of the princesses join our group photo. The sitting fee is being charged to my room. To be a part of the group photo you will only need to bring your biggest smile and say, "Mickey!"

Last edited by calypso726; 02-11-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #1418
threeboysny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_W
OOOooooh, those packng cubes look so neat! it would be a big expenditure to organize & outfit the family of 5, however. I will have to wait. They are so pretty, though!
If you sign up for their emails you'll get lots of discount offers over the course of the year. 30% off and free shipping sometimes, so it pays to wait for them.
threeboysny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #1419
threeboysny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_W

Ooooh, I found a COOL thing yestrday at Target. It s a "pop up recycle container". They come 3 in a pack for <$6. I figure it will work great as a pop up hamper that I can throw away for the trip home! OK, I was pretty pleased with my purchase--although I am sure I will get the eye roll from DH. he is so frugal. I can hear it now, "Why pay $2 for that when we could just use a garbage bag?"
Great minds! My youngest son and I were at Party City over the weekend getting pirate supplies and he spied those. We thought the same thing!
threeboysny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #1420
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Wondering when everyone is arriving at port. I ask this because I am seeing different threads with different answers about when you can arrive at port. Our plan was to leave WDW about 9:00 am drop off my wife at port with luggage at about 10:15 then take car to Budget then take shuttle back to port. Even though our PAT isn't till 11:30 I don't like to be late or rushed so if their are no delays such as traffic or issues at Budget I don't mind waiting at port for gates to terminal to open. I am reading some threads that if you get to port before 11 they will tell you to come back at 11. They won't even let me drop off the wife and luggage. I'm not complaining I just don't want to leave WDW too early and drive in circles around PC till 11.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #1421
robhawk
DIS Veteran

We are using DCL Transportation with a PAT of 11-1130. The bus will probably arrive 1045 ish. Luckily they let you in with their transportation.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #1422
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhawk
We are using DCL Transportation with a PAT of 11-1130. The bus will probably arrive 1045 ish. Luckily they let you in with their transportation.
We originally were going to do this but We were told pick up at SSR was between 11 and 1. With closer to 1 being the time. It would get us to PC a lot later then we wanted. Next time we stay at Hyatt at MCO and take DCL which gets u there earlier. Oh well first time is a learning experience.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #1423
jandj524
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I posted this on FB but I don't remember if the person who asked is on there so I am re-posting it here.

Butterbeer martini recipe. 2 shots Butterscotch schnapps, 1/2 shot vanilla vodka, 1/2 shot whipped cream vodka, a few squeezes of butterscotch sundae topping, and cream soda. Enjoy my muggle friends!!!!

Thank you - I can't wait to try it (I must have missed the links about FB, so I am not in that group)

Thanks again!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #1424
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk92476 View Post
So frustrated that we are still stuck in the second seating for dinner. I REALLY wanted the early seating and hope that I'd have been moved by now!
As others have said, when you check in, ask them where you need to go to try to change your dining time. Go there first and get in line. They may be able to accommodate your request. I hope they can change it for you. (There's some pixie dust to try to help)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpotter View Post

I hope your summer clothes fit!!!! I would think it would be kind of hard to find summer clothes this time of year in Wisconsin!!! If not....there's always Safety pins. (assuming you're worried they'll be too big...not too small)

Quote:
Hope you didn't get lost. But, I finally finished! Woohoo!
I'm not lost....I'm right here in front of my computer! I'm glad you finally finished packing....you sure were cutting it close!!!

Quote:
I bought ours from eBags.com. They are fabric and mesh boxes that zip shut. I can pack seven days of shorts and t-shirts in a large cube. I couldn't travel without them now. My mom saw mine last time we traveled together and she bought herself a set. They are good for just about everything.
You'll have to show these packing cubes....I'm curious....especially after everyone's high reviews on them!.

Quote:

We have 3 more sleeps before we leave, too! Except...we have much farther to drive, so we won't get there until 4 more sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoleasawav View Post
ok, they are preliminarily forecasting another nameable winter storm for my area on Thursday! Too close for comfort for me. We will have to watch this one carefully. After this I think I am going back to April vacation for trips this is too much stress!
I sure hope the new forecast changes...and doesn't affect your travel plans!

About 10 years ago, we went on a cruise with some friends. We went to WDW prior to the cruise and our friends flew in the morning of the cruise. They flew out of Chicago and a big winter storm hit Chicago overnight. They were the last flight out before all flights got cancelled. That could have turned very ugly very fast....it was a 7 night cruise and they didn't have trip insurance. That's why we NEVER wait till the day of the cruise to arrive at the port.....especially when cruising in the winter months.

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #1425
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
Wondering when everyone is arriving at port. I ask this because I am seeing different threads with different answers about when you can arrive at port. Our plan was to leave WDW about 9:00 am drop off my wife at port with luggage at about 10:15 then take car to Budget then take shuttle back to port. Even though our PAT isn't till 11:30 I don't like to be late or rushed so if their are no delays such as traffic or issues at Budget I don't mind waiting at port for gates to terminal to open. I am reading some threads that if you get to port before 11 they will tell you to come back at 11. They won't even let me drop off the wife and luggage. I'm not complaining I just don't want to leave WDW too early and drive in circles around PC till 11.
I believe the earliest you can arrive at the port is 11:00 am. If you get there earlier, they may make you park in a reserve lot until 11:00. At 11:00, you can enter the terminal....even though you have a an 11:30 PAT...you just may not get a boarding pass #2.

If you get to the port too early, you could always go check out the DIS welcome center. That's what we plan on doing.

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: