Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #1396
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
We will be picking up some wine and possibly a 12 pack of beer on way to port for enjoying a drink on the verandah. Is the fridge on the Fantasy able to hold a couple bottles of wine and 12 bottles of beer.
From the pictures I've seen of the Dream/Fantasy, and from using the "coolers" on the Magic, I'd plan for your beverages to not all fit at once. I plan to buy "warm" beer so I can refrigerate some at a time. If I buy wine, it'll be a red not requiring chilling.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #1397
FREEZIN
FREEZIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk92476 View Post
So frustrated that we are still stuck in the second seating for dinner. I REALLY wanted the early seating and hope that I'd have been moved by now!
As soon as you board the ship,the earlier the better.Find out where they are set up for special requests like Palos,Remy's and such.Often they are able to accomadate.

I shouldn't have looked at the orlando weather forecast for our prestay,hope that changes.
FREEZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #1398
DarthTod
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEZIN

I shouldn't have looked at the orlando weather forecast for our prestay,hope that changes.
Yeah, appears to be a little system moving through just before the cruise. Looks like it starts improving on Sunday.
DarthTod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #1399
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthTod

Yeah, appears to be a little system moving through just before the cruise. Looks like it starts improving on Sunday.
Still stuck in our house from Nemo. No idea when we will be plowed out. At least we have power and there will be no food in the fridge or freezer

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #1400
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk92476 View Post
So frustrated that we are still stuck in the second seating for dinner. I REALLY wanted the early seating and hope that I'd have been moved by now!
I hope you get it! As someone else said, go & ask first thing. Even if they can't move you right then, maybe they can take your name & swtch you if someone on early wants to switch. Pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizJohn View Post
Still stuck in our house from Nemo. No idea when we will be plowed out. At least we have power and there will be no food in the fridge or freezer
Winter Storm Orko has started here in Duluth! It's coming down pretty hard. We will be getting a LOT of snow, methinks. Our travelmates are supposed to fly out tomorrow morning, I hope I can get them to the airport.

I thought Nemo was a weird name for a storm, but Orko???? Isn't that from "He-Man & the Masters of the Universe"?
Old 02-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #1401
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
Thanks! Oh, no doubt our luggage will be bulging at the seams! I've got the hubby's bag packed. He lays everything out, but I roll and fold everything into packing cubes. It's just darn amazing what you can fit in those things! Now I just have to finish packing all the joint stuff (toiletries, etc.) and the rest of my clothes and I'll be 95% done.
OOh, tell me more about these packing cubes. Brand name? Do they compress? Where do they sell them?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #1402
lpotter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly

Thanks! Oh, no doubt our luggage will be bulging at the seams! I've got the hubby's bag packed. He lays everything out, but I roll and fold everything into packing cubes. It's just darn amazing what you can fit in those things! Now I just have to finish packing all the joint stuff (toiletries, etc.) and the rest of my clothes and I'll be 95% done.

I can't believe you are already packed! Hurry up and get here and help me finish my packing!

Ok.. You are both overachievers! I am halfway done with A.C.Es, going through summer clothes to see if anything fits. I will probably work 35 hours this week Monday through Thursday.. We fly out at noon on Friday!

In all fairness, we had a baby shower for my daughter yesterday that took a bit of my time the last few weeks. If it weren't for that I would be partially packed already!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #1403
threeboysny
Mouseketeer

I don't mean to hijack, but I think I am addicted to packing cubes, so I can't help myself. We get ours from ebags and they are FANTASTIC. They come in lots of colors and sizes. Each person has their own color. For the boys, I put one day's clothes per bag (shorts, t-shirt, socks, undies). For my husband and I, it works out better to have a bag of shorts, a bag of shirts, and a bag of socks/underwear, since a lot of our stuff is in the garment bag. Earlier today I had quite a stack of them all ready to go. I wish the rest of my life were as organized as my packing! We use them all the time. They work great for summer camp, also.

I think I have also seen them at stores like REI, EMS, and LL Bean, but not sure. Ebags definitely has the best price I have found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_W View Post
OOh, tell me more about these packing cubes. Brand name? Do they compress? Where do they sell them?
threeboysny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #1404
DarthTod
Mouseketeer

Suitcase one is at the 50 pound limit, and I'm glad I started today, a couple of items need to go to the cleaners first.
DarthTod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #1405
gallaj0
DIS Cast Member
Watches Wings whenever he flips past it because Helen is a Hot Tomato

We just got our power back from the storm; it went out Friday around 7PM, and cell phone signal went dead sometime overnight, so no cell phone internet either all weekend. Nice practice for the cruise, though. I started getting my packing together, I am definitely ready for some fun in the sun.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #1406
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Just checking in to catch up after 48 hrs of no power . Now I'm in panic mode to get ready to leave by Wed. DS doesn't have school tomorrow either, thank goodness for grandparents. 2 more days of work and late nights packing ahead.

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #1407
FREEZIN
FREEZIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewsMommy View Post
Just checking in to catch up after 48 hrs of no power . Now I'm in panic mode to get ready to leave by Wed. DS doesn't have school tomorrow either, thank goodness for grandparents. 2 more days of work and late nights packing ahead.
I was wondering how you guys were doing.I know S.County lost most of its power,and that you were flying out on Wed.

Glad things are working out now,almost there.
FREEZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #1408
silmarg
SIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
We will be picking up some wine and possibly a 12 pack of beer on way to port for enjoying a drink on the verandah. Is the fridge on the Fantasy able to hold a couple bottles of wine and 12 bottles of beer.
May not hold it all... but close to it.

Its like a college dorm fridge.
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #1409
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo

Sure....I'll be right there!

Hope you didn't get lost. But, I finally finished! Woohoo!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #1410
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_W

I bought ours from eBags.com. They are fabric and mesh boxes that zip shut. I can pack seven days of shorts and t-shirts in a large cube. I couldn't travel without them now. My mom saw mine last time we traveled together and she bought herself a set. They are good for just about everything.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: