Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #1321
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney1430 View Post
IN 24 hours ~ We will be boarding a plane heading to Orlando, FL!!!

Just missing a snowstorm that is coming our way for FRIDAY!!!
So glad you're missing the storm! It's causing a problem with some of our plans, but we'll work around the storm. As long as it's clear skies next Wed for our flight!

MatthewsMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #1322
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

sitting at home today, sick and waiting for a blizzard. So thankful it is the 7th of February and not the 14th!
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #1323
jmcross
One way to get tagged is to have a "tag sale" ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoleasawav View Post
sitting at home today, sick and waiting for a blizzard. So thankful it is the 7th of February and not the 14th!
Me too! My DS and I both have strep an we are awaiting the blizzard. We probably wouldn't have made the ship at all if this started on the 15th instead of tomorrow. Hopefully we will all be feeling better in time for our vacation!

Joanne
Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #1324
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

Joanne,
we must live close as I also live South of Boston (Middleboro) My husband was saying that if this was next Thursday we would have already left to miss the storm. Looking ahead, next week's weather looks much better, hoping that doesn't change!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #1325
jmcross
One way to get tagged is to have a "tag sale" ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoleasawav View Post
Joanne,
we must live close as I also live South of Boston (Middleboro) My husband was saying that if this was next Thursday we would have already left to miss the storm. Looking ahead, next week's weather looks much better, hoping that doesn't change!
We are really close. In fact only one town between us. I am in West Bridgewater. Good luck through the storm!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #1326
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

There's a lot of cruisers from MA on this voyage! I'll have to warn my hubby that my accent may be making a reappearance. I grew up in Mass, but after living elsewhere for the past 20 years, you can only hear it when I say things like "aunt", "chowder" and "tour", when I'm really angry, or when I'm around folks who speak Boston!

As far as weather goes, we are flying on Monday and we switch flights in Denver. Denver is supposed to have snow accumulations on Saturday and Sunday. I'm starting to get nervous about delays.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #1327
nanandibob
Earning My Ears

Hi.
I saw an earlier thread regarding a meeting spot. Has anything been finalized on that? We would love to meet up as well---have DD12.
Thanks!!
nanandibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #1328
FREEZIN
FREEZIN

I planned on "NEMO" in Feb,but this aint funny!
In my best Matt Damon accent.

Be safe everybody
FREEZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #1329
erinsmom03
Mouseketeer

My life has been crazy these last few weeks, getting in the way of my DIS time! I can not believe we are so close to our cruise!!!!

We are flying in early on the 15th, staying at the Poly and spending the day at MK. DD really wants to check out the new Fantasyland. Oh heck, who am I kidding, so do I!

I hope we can make it to the meet...but we are relying on the bus to get us to the port on Saturday, I'm so nervous that we won't get there until later...is the meeting time still set for 3?

Here in Michigan we are expecting snow tomorrow too, nothing like the east coast though! Would be nice to have a snow day off from school!

WDW offsite 1978 RCCL 1996 RCCL 1997 WDW offsite 1998 RCCL 1999
Poly 2008 Poly 2009 FQ/BC 2011 Poly/Fantasy Western Caribbean 2013
Cabana Bay/Universal/Magic Bahamas 2014

erinsmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #1330
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

I thought the same thing when I heard they named the storm Nemo. It's been crazy here at work (drs office) rearranging appointments for the blizzard tomorrow we are open for a few hors before it hits and when the Governor shuts down Connecticut. Driving next Friday crossing fingers

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #1331
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
There's a lot of cruisers from MA on this voyage! I'll have to warn my hubby that my accent may be making a reappearance. I grew up in Mass, but after living elsewhere for the past 20 years, you can only hear it when I say things like "aunt", "chowder" and "tour", when I'm really angry, or when I'm around folks who speak Boston!

As far as weather goes, we are flying on Monday and we switch flights in Denver. Denver is supposed to have snow accumulations on Saturday and Sunday. I'm starting to get nervous about delays.
You have to throw a "wicked" in there once in a while too! The Fantasy is wicked cool!

Snow day tomorrow. School & work already cancelled!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #1332
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Here in the suburbs of Philly we are looking at 4 to 7 inches which doesn't bother me. When the weatherman said a possible system next Thursday now that bothered me. We are flying out Friday morning staying at SSR that night. Not visiting the parks though.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #1333
Smittycait
Earning My Ears

Here in Upstate NY (don't worry MA folks, we're Yankee haters :-) ) is getting 10-16 inches....every time I hear nemo is coming all I can think is "nemo! New comer of orange and white...". Although in this case nemo is all white. Does it bother anyone else they name winter storms now?
Smittycait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #1334
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

I didn't even realize they were naming winter storms until this one, and really.... Nemo??

No school tomorrow, my office closes at 12 but I work from home. Had to cancel Matthew's birthday party on Saturday until after the cruise (but he doesn't know when and thank goodness he hasn't asked). Was able to get to my hair appt today (phew!), but will have to make up the time tomorrow, so glad I have an understanding boss. DH plows so will mostly be gone a good part of the weekend. On the bright side, more time for packing .

Brian and I have serious New England accents, to the point that when we've gone away we can tell some people don't understand what we're saying. It's wicked bad . Most think we're from Long Island.

Having movie night tonight in case we lose power, watching Peter Pan.

Stay safe everyone!

MatthewsMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #1335
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittycait View Post
Here in Upstate NY (don't worry MA folks, we're Yankee haters :-) ) is getting 10-16 inches....every time I hear nemo is coming all I can think is "nemo! New comer of orange and white...". Although in this case nemo is all white. Does it bother anyone else they name winter storms now?
I never understood why they named tropical storms and hurricanes....so I REALLY don't understand why they name winter storms! I think it's kind of stupid. Next they'll be naming tornadoes and thunderstorms.

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: