Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #1291
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro View Post
DisDragonfly: Thanks for the tip. I am going to make sure that I deliver to the correct rooms.
No problem. I remember how confused I was when I found extra FEs on the Dream that weren't on my list.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #1292
DarthTod
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizJohn

What other groups are there out there???
I'm traveling with a family group that has its own exchange going.
DarthTod is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #1293
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Their was also something posted on the Facebook page for this cruise where someone posted a pic of a FE and said this was for a family FE and to make sure you didn't confuse it with the group FE

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #1294
DarthTod
Mouseketeer

That was me. Now you know my real name!
DarthTod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:08 PM   #1295
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

So who's going to WDW before the cruise? We're going from 2/13-2/16, going to HS on 2/14 and MK on 2/15 for the Birthday Boy!

He still has no idea! Although I have no idea how, I'm sure when we surprise him, he'll say "I knew it!" I was doing a little organizing today and he knew the bag I was re-stocking was for vacations (travel size toiletries), but I told him I was just looking for something and he bought it . Plus he's been trying on summer clothes for me .

I also was thinking about running the CC 5K, but hurt my calf muscle a few days ago. Hoping it's better in a few days because I really wanted to do the 5K. I just started running a few months ago and have only run one other race. That's what I get for trying to get in shape for bathing suit weather.

So much to do but so excited!!

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #1296
Carmouse10
DIS Veteran

Hi everybody!

I have seen lots of people that plan to arrive at port before 11am. The last time I cruised they would not allow anyone in the roadway to the terminal until 11am.

To anyone who has gone there recently, has that changed? Are we able to get to the terminal prior to 11am now?

I can't wait now that everything is getting so close! I will be at WDW and hitting the parks starting on the 13th. I will be staying at Animal Kingdom - Kidani. Anyone who will be around there is more than welcome to "touch base" with me.

Carmouse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #1297
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewsMommy View Post
So who's going to WDW before the cruise? We're going from 2/13-2/16, going to HS on 2/14 and MK on 2/15 for the Birthday Boy!

He still has no idea! Although I have no idea how, I'm sure when we surprise him, he'll say "I knew it!" I was doing a little organizing today and he knew the bag I was re-stocking was for vacations (travel size toiletries), but I told him I was just looking for something and he bought it . Plus he's been trying on summer clothes for me .

I also was thinking about running the CC 5K, but hurt my calf muscle a few days ago. Hoping it's better in a few days because I really wanted to do the 5K. I just started running a few months ago and have only run one other race. That's what I get for trying to get in shape for bathing suit weather.

So funny he has no idea! My son didn't either. Little boys are oblivious to everything! Haha!

I hurt my calf muscle too! Bummer! I guess I will have to park my butt in a chair and watch the ocean. Sue & I are planning on walking the track each morning though.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #1298
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The wife and I will be staying at SSR Friday night before cruise. No park visit though. That will feel kind of weird.Probably just doing some Downtown Disney and dinner.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #1299
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizJohn View Post
What other groups are there out there???
There is the FE group that signed up here on the DIS that Silmarg organized.

There is a family in the Face Book group for this cruise that is doing their own FE exchange.

The third group is our group of 19. We all met here on a DIS cruise thread became friends and kept in touch after the cruise. Now we cruise together or meet up at WDW. We took over Deck 9 aft with the connecting balconies that we plan to turn into party central Feel free to stop by and say hi! I will be playing mixologist and this trip I am mixing up Butterbeer Martinis!

For me THAT is the is the BEST thing about the DIS and the DCL cruises. We have met wonderful people and made some pretty amazing friends!

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #1300
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
The wife and I will be staying at SSR Friday night before cruise. No park visit though. That will feel kind of weird.Probably just doing some Downtown Disney and dinner.
We are driving up after work on 2/14 and staying at AKV. We managed to snag CL for both the pre and post stay Not sure if we are going to the parks though. We've done several trips without venturing into the parks. They've been quite nice.

I am going to attempt the 5K but have no intention of running. I am planning to walk a bit fast. I only run if someone is chasing me with a machete. Without that kind of incentive there's no motivation I hope your calf feels better!

Old 02-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #1301
Disney1430
In love with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
I only run if someone is chasing me with a machete. Without that kind of incentive there's no motivation

LOL - Me too!!!
WDW - Broadwalk Villas 01,02,04,05,06,07
WDW - Beach Club Villas 03,09,13
WDW - Bay Lake Towers 2011 AKL - 2012
DL -Disney's Grand Californian 2010 & 2014
Disney Vero Beach 2007 & Disney Aulani Hawaii - 2014
DCL Wonder 2004, 2005, 2014 (Caribbean)
DCL Magic - Western - 2007, 2015 Eastern - 2009, 2012
DCL Dream B2B - 2011 DCL Fantasy - 2013
Disney1430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #1302
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There is the FE group that signed up here on the DIS that Silmarg organized.

There is a family in the Face Book group for this cruise that is doing their own FE exchange.

The third group is our group of 19. We all met here on a DIS cruise thread became friends and kept in touch after the cruise. Now we cruise together or meet up at WDW. We took over Deck 9 aft with the connecting balconies that we plan to turn into party central Feel free to stop by and say hi! I will be playing mixologist and this trip I am mixing up Butterbeer Martinis!

For me THAT is the is the BEST thing about the DIS and the DCL cruises. We have met wonderful people and made some pretty amazing friends!
I think you've mentioned this before, but do you mean the aft as in facing the aft? We're in 6690 so we'll be sure to wave up to you all

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #1303
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
I think you've mentioned this before, but do you mean the aft as in facing the aft? We're in 6690 so we'll be sure to wave up to you all
Yes, we're aft as aft can get.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #1304
jandj524
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We took over Deck 9 aft with the connecting balconies that we plan to turn into party central Feel free to stop by and say hi! I will be playing mixologist and this trip I am mixing up Butterbeer Martinis!

Butterbeer martinis, I may just take you up on your offer to stop by and say hi. May also send you a PM to find out how you make them

BTW---Thanks for the countdown you have been posting each week!!! I can't believe that there will only be one more until we sail
Old 02-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #1305
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yup! We are below you in 9172.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandj524 View Post
Butterbeer martinis, I may just take you up on your offer to stop by and say hi. May also send you a PM to find out how you make them

BTW---Thanks for the countdown you have been posting each week!!! I can't believe that there will only be one more until we sail
You are welcome!

I should have the recipe nailed down by next weekend. I have the idea for the basic flavors. Now it is a matter of the right combination and proportions. I need to get some friends and family over next weekend to play mixology guinea pigs with me. The last time I did this everyone got hammered on variations of red velvet cake martinis. Hopefully they have forgotten that by now

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: