Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #1276
Disney1430
In love with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
In case you have not heard this idea...

The rental driver can go to port and drop off your party and luggage. They can take the driver's passport too and start checkin. The driver can return the rental and take the shuttle to port. The driver needs photo id (license) to enter the terminal.

With this approach you have much less hassle with multiple people and bags on the shuttle, and the port and rental car locations are all close enough where this can be done in time.
That's our plan!!! - Last minute packing today ~ we leave in in 6 Days.

Don't forget everyone if your in the FE and have a change in your cabin number post it at SILMARG Cabin 6566 (looks really close to mid ship elevators - starboard side)

Thanks Silmarg, for keeping up a board outside your cabin.

P.S. Even if you post a change on the DIS boards within a few days of leaving for the cruise you might want to repost once on the ship. As some of us who are leaving early might not see the boards during that time. Thanks
WDW - Broadwalk Villas 01,02,04,05,06,07
WDW - Beach Club Villas 03,09,13
WDW - Bay Lake Towers 2011 AKL - 2012
DL -Disney's Grand Californian 2010 & 2014
Disney Vero Beach 2007 & Disney Aulani Hawaii - 2014
DCL Wonder 2004, 2005, 2014 (Caribbean) 2015 (Alaskan)
DCL Magic - Western - 2007, 2015 Eastern - 2009, 2012
DCL Dream B2B - 2011 DCL Fantasy - 2013
Disney1430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #1277
jandj524
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
This is our second crusie and we had a meeting place with our FE group on our first cruise. It was great to meet people that first day and the kids really enjoyed it. My kids are DD 11 (almost 12) and DD 7. Is anyone interested? Perhaps on Saturday when we board the ship - around 4:00pm? Place to meet?

Lynn
How about 3PM deck 4 midship at Vista Cafe (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...es/vista-cafe/) My kids are DD 10 (almost 11) and DS 9

Can't believe we are down to 2 weeks
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #1278
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tip, I hadn't heard that, unfortunately the only one in my family with a passport is my 16 year old daughter.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #1279
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandj524 View Post
How about 3PM deck 4 midship at Vista Cafe (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...es/vista-cafe/) My kids are DD 10 (almost 11) and DS 9

Can't believe we are down to 2 weeks
Works for us
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #1280
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3NY View Post
Ooooo Ty
I will have some handy. I'm super excited !
You're welcome! In room service....soft drinks are not free. So, if you plan on ordering room service, have someone in your room go to the drink station and get your soft drinks. And ask for a Mickey bar from room service....sometimes they have them....sometimes they don't. I think that's why you don't see them on the menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaybyDay View Post
Thanks for the Welcome everyone! robhawk, DizDragonfly, kshark1958(not our first Disney cruise, but first time on Fantasy and always looking for new tips and tricks). Mom3NY, I'm sure our sons will have a blast!

Since we booked so late we had to go with late dinner seating, first time we have had this. Guess we will see how it plays out with sending our son to the Oceaneers Club after he has eats.

Working the next two weeks is going to be tough
We LOVE late dinner seating. It seems as if early dinner seating cuts into your day. Especially on Formal night when it takes a little longer to get ready. And in late dinner seating, the servers aren't as rushed to get you out of the dining rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
We are doing the Pink Champagne but still would like to meet and thank or buy a drink for the people on this thread who have helped me greatly with the planning of our first cruise. On Saturday the wife and I being first time cruisers will be exploring and getting to know the ship or just winding down from the excitement. So in my opinion maybe Sunday first sea day may be better. Maybe you guys and gals with experience in this stuff will have a better idea. I'm open to anything.
Some of the best advice I can give to a first time cruiser is this: Don't try to do it all!!! There are so many things going on all over the ship. Take a highlighter and when you get your navigator each night in your stateroom, highlight what you really want to do. The navigator tells you what's going on each day. At dinner, if more than one appetizer or entree or dessert looks good...ask your server to bring you each one that sounds good. Soft drinks are only free at the drink station AND in the dining rooms....they are NOT free at the bars or room service AND if you order a soft drink at the bar, they automatically charge a tip, too.

When you board the ship on the 16th, everything is open....pools....restaurants, etc. The shops don't open until about an hour after we have set sail. So, if you want to swim, make sure to pack your swimsuits in a carry on bag or wear them onto the ship. Because your luggage won't be delivered to your stateroom for a few hours. And you can't go to your stateroom until around 1:30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
In case you have not heard this idea...

The rental driver can go to port and drop off your party and luggage. They can take the driver's passport too and start checkin. The driver can return the rental and take the shuttle to port. The driver needs photo id (license) to enter the terminal.

With this approach you have much less hassle with multiple people and bags on the shuttle, and the port and rental car locations are all close enough where this can be done in time.
This is exactly how we do it! It's sooooo much easier!!

TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!!

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #1281
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Vista Cafe is listed as an adults only area. Maybe "D Lounge" would work? That's on Deck 4, Midship.

Just an FYI on the FE exchange, it sounds like there are at least three separate FE groups on this cruise. Make sure you are only dropping your FE gifts into the staterooms you have on your list.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #1282
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post

Just an FYI on the FE exchange, it sounds like there are at least three separate FE groups on this cruise. Make sure you are only dropping your FE gifts into the staterooms you have on your list.
What other groups are there out there???

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #1283
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitta28 View Post
My friends (experienced FE people)

would like to be added to the FE list

they understand they will be provisional

Rasmusson family room 10016
mom, dad, DD14, DS13

thank you for whoever can include them

<3 x 100
Going over my list today and the google doc has DD14 and DD13, just want to clarify if the 13 year old is DD or DS??

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #1284
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizJohn View Post
What other groups are there out there???
There are a couple of smaller groups that have separate FE exchanges from the big group listed in this thread.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #1285
jengrabinski
Earning My Ears

So I'm confused... I've made & am giving gifts to everyone on the google docs FE list. It's really 3 small groups???
jengrabinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #1286
DizDragonfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengrabinski View Post
So I'm confused... I've made & am giving gifts to everyone on the google docs FE list. It's really 3 small groups???
No, that is one big group. There are (at least) two _separate_ groups, not listed in this thread, that are doing their own FE exchange. My point is that not every FE you see will be part of your group. Only put FE gifts into FEs that are for staterooms in your list. Otherwise you won't be gifting to everyone on your list because you will run out.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #1287
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoleasawav View Post
Thanks for the tip, I hadn't heard that, unfortunately the only one in my family with a passport is my 16 year old daughter.
The part about the passport is just that the driver can hand over whatever boarding ID you're going to use and you don't need to wait for him/her to get back from dropping off the rental. If you want. Or, you can wait for that person to get back if you want. The main tip is that you don't all need to stay together at the rental offices.

Also, the porters will explain exactly what you can do -- they are super helpful.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #1288
jandj524
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Vista Cafe is listed as an adults only area. Maybe "D Lounge" would work? That's on Deck 4, Midship.
Sorry about that, I remember on the Dream the area being open, so didn't realize it was restricted. Is the "D Lounge" open when there are no activities scheduled in it? I don't remember.
Another option is Deck 3 main lobby, Bon Voyage
Old 02-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #1289
DizDragonfly

Quote:
Sorry about that, I remember on the Dream the area being open, so didn't realize it was restricted. Is the "D Lounge" open when there are no activities scheduled in it? I don't remember.
Another option is Deck 3 main lobby, Bon Voyage
It was on the Dream in Sept of 2010. That's where all the teens hung out when their clubs were closed.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #1290
Totoro
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There are a couple of smaller groups that have separate FE exchanges from the big group listed in this thread.
DisDragonfly: Thanks for the tip. I am going to make sure that I deliver to the correct rooms.
WDW 1997 Coronado Springs| 2001 Hampton Inn LBV | 2008 Sept: All-Star Sports · Nov: Pop Century | 2009 Sept: Pop Century | 2010 Sept: Pop Century | 2011 Aug: Pop Century| 2013 July: All-Star Movies | 2014 Feb: All-Star Sports
DLR 2007 Sheraton Anaheim | 2012/2014 Best Western Park Place Inn
DCL 2011 Magic Eastern Caribbean | 2013 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Totoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: