Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #1261
Lani
MousePlanet.com editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
You sure u dont wanna join? The water is warm!
I realize it's too late to officially get on the list, but definitely post your info. I'm planning on taking extras for last-minute additions.

Lani Teshima, MousePlanet.com Staff Editor & Writer. Marathoner and Premiere Annual Passholder. Travel right—Travelite! You can travel with just your carry-on bag! Learn how at The Travelite FAQ! Ask me anything about runDisney or packing light for your travels!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #1262
Mom3NY
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaybyDay
Hi everyone - what a huge thread. We just did a "last minute" booking on this cruise and can't wait. Only 2 weeks!!! Myself, wife and our 8 yr old son. We will be in 5538 (Forward/Starboard)

Enjoy the cruise!
How exciting!!! We have a 8yo son as well. I'm sure they will become friends!

DH
DW (me)

DD turning (13) in Jan
DS turning (9) in Feb
DD turning (5) on cruise
Mom3NY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #1263
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsmom03 View Post
I didn't know there was a DISboards welcome center! I'm sure we will be rushing to get on the ship, since we are using the bus from the Polynesian...probably get there late, since we are told pick up will be between 11 and 1...

I noticed on the FE there aren't alot of people in the aft section of the boat...hoping I didn't make a bad choice for our rooms! We are aft on deck 10...anyone else there with us?
Hi Chriss,

We are aft on the 6th deck. On our 3 cruises we have had forward, mid, & aft. I love the views the best from aft. This boat is a bit bigger than the others that I have been on so we shall see if it is a long walk! We have to work off our indulges so that's OK!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #1264
Smittycait
Earning My Ears

Happy February, everyone! We're finally in our cruise month. 15 more days!!!! Aaaahhhhhhhh! !!!!!
Smittycait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #1265
DisneyDaybyDay
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the Welcome everyone! robhawk, DizDragonfly, kshark1958(not our first Disney cruise, but first time on Fantasy and always looking for new tips and tricks). Mom3NY, I'm sure our sons will have a blast!

Since we booked so late we had to go with late dinner seating, first time we have had this. Guess we will see how it plays out with sending our son to the Oceaneers Club after he has eats.

Working the next two weeks is going to be tough
http://disneydaybyday.com/
DisneyDaybyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #1266
Wolfcat
Earning My Ears

Does anyone want to have a meeting time/place on the ship?

This is our second crusie and we had a meeting place with our FE group on our first cruise. It was great to meet people that first day and the kids really enjoyed it. My kids are DD 11 (almost 12) and DD 7. Is anyone interested? Perhaps on Saturday when we board the ship - around 4:00pm? Place to meet?

Lynn
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #1267
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

I think meeting some point would be great that first day let us know

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #1268
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
This is our second crusie and we had a meeting place with our FE group on our first cruise. It was great to meet people that first day and the kids really enjoyed it. My kids are DD 11 (almost 12) and DD 7. Is anyone interested? Perhaps on Saturday when we board the ship - around 4:00pm? Place to meet?

Lynn
I think thats a great idea! Maybe someone that has been on the Fantasy/Dream would have a good spot to meet.
We aren't doing the FE or Pink Champagne so this would work out better for us.

Rob & Sue
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #1269
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Lynn
We are doing the Pink Champagne but still would like to meet and thank or buy a drink for the people on this thread who have helped me greatly with the planning of our first cruise. On Saturday the wife and I being first time cruisers will be exploring and getting to know the ship or just winding down from the excitement. So in my opinion maybe Sunday first sea day may be better. Maybe you guys and gals with experience in this stuff will have a better idea. I'm open to anything.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #1270
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Definitely interested in a meeting too! This is my first Disney cruise, so I have no idea where a good place might be.

We almost always cruise aft (as in facing aft overlooking the wake of the ship). We're also on deck 6

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #1271
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lynn
That is when the safety drill takes place.

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder(Hawaii), Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic, June 14 Wonder(Alaska) 36 NOB
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:22 AM   #1272
calypso726
DIS Veteran

GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS! WE SET SAIL IN 2 WEEKS! THAT IS 14 DAYS!

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #1273
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

can't believe it. Two weeks! My biggest dilemma is getting to port. We are using a rental . Originally we were staying at the country suites but we found a room in Cocoa beach for 60.00 less. My plan is to arrive early- very early to budget and wait for a shuttle. I have had mixed reports of how that is going to work. I have to stop obsessing over my decision!
We booked the Mayian ruins through disney and Mr. Sanchos and the turtle farm on our own. The biggest thing I am looking forward to is our Palo brunch scheduled for our first full day at sea. and I guess I have delayed buying a dress for long enough so that is this wekend's mission.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #1274
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

Ohhh my it's been soooo long now we are down to 2 weeks. That's only 2 more families in our rooms and with our servers before we are their charges for a week

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #1275
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoleasawav
can't believe it. Two weeks! My biggest dilemma is getting to port. We are using a rental . Originally we were staying at the country suites but we found a room in Cocoa beach for 60.00 less. My plan is to arrive early- very early to budget and wait for a shuttle. I have had mixed reports of how that is going to work. I have to stop obsessing over my decision!
We booked the Mayian ruins through disney and Mr. Sanchos and the turtle farm on our own. The biggest thing I am looking forward to is our Palo brunch scheduled for our first full day at sea. and I guess I have delayed buying a dress for long enough so that is this wekend's mission.
In case you have not heard this idea...

The rental driver can go to port and drop off your party and luggage. They can take the driver's passport too and start checkin. The driver can return the rental and take the shuttle to port. The driver needs photo id (license) to enter the terminal.

With this approach you have much less hassle with multiple people and bags on the shuttle, and the port and rental car locations are all close enough where this can be done in time.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: