Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #1096
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

Hi all! I am new to the thread. We are a family of 5 (me-Jennifer, DH-Mark, & our 3 sons--Alex 18, Ben 16 & Luke 5 1/2) from northern Minnesota. This will be our 5th DCL cruise, and are so excited to be on the Fantasy! We are traveling with our dear friends Jeff & Kaye.

This will be our first cruise with an 18 year old. He loved the clubs, and I am hoping there is a good group for him to hang out with. Anyone know if there are many other kids in the 18-20 age group on this cruise? I looked through the FE thread, but didn't see any.

I know they (DCL) are supposed to do a group for the 18-20 year olds, and going to the first night meet-up is important, as that's when they set "the plan" for the cruise. He is an outgoing kid, so I think as long as there is some kind of opportunity to meet others, he'll be OK. I have read other reports of families cancelling their cruises once their kids turned 18, and it makes me so sad. I hope he enjoys this cruise.

Anywhoo... SO excited to cruise in a month!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #1097
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
Renting car from Budget for WDW to port.I will drop wife off at port then return car. Read on another thread that the line at Budget to get on shuttle back to port sometimes could be as long as an hour because of crowds. Has anyone here had this issue before and is their a good time to get to rental office before crowds. Another side note read somewhere that Budget won't take anyone from office to DCL port until everyone is off ship. That sounds crazy.
I would like to know that, too. I currently have a minivan booked from Budget, and a van & driver from Quiksiver Limo. We are a party of 7 with LUGGAGE, so I don't know if we will all fit in the minivan (although it would be cheaper). if Budget is a big hassle, we will just stick with the private transfer.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #1098
Disney1430
In love with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_W View Post
Hi all! I am new to the thread. We are a family of 5 (me-Jennifer, DH-Mark, & our 3 sons--Alex 18, Ben 16 & Luke 5 1/2) from northern Minnesota. This will be our 5th DCL cruise, and are so excited to be on the Fantasy! We are traveling with our dear friends Jeff & Kaye.

This will be our first cruise with an 18 year old. He loved the clubs, and I am hoping there is a good group for him to hang out with. Anyone know if there are many other kids in the 18-20 age group on this cruise? I looked through the FE thread, but didn't see any.

I know they (DCL) are supposed to do a group for the 18-20 year olds, and going to the first night meet-up is important, as that's when they set "the plan" for the cruise. He is an outgoing kid, so I think as long as there is some kind of opportunity to meet others, he'll be OK. I have read other reports of families cancelling their cruises once their kids turned 18, and it makes me so sad. I hope he enjoys this cruise.

Anywhoo... SO excited to cruise in a month!!!
- and I'm sure he will LOVE IT!!! - My DD doesn't spend that much time in the clubs and always finds lots of fun things to do. Definitly have him goto the Club 18*21 Icebreakers at 10:00 PM on the day of boarding -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer_W View Post
I would like to know that, too. I currently have a minivan booked from Budget, and a van & driver from Quiksiver Limo. We are a party of 7 with LUGGAGE, so I don't know if we will all fit in the minivan (although it would be cheaper). if Budget is a big hassle, we will just stick with the private transfer.
We have never had a problem with renting a vechile- but we always have rented with AVIS - and they run continuously from open to close everyday.

GOOD LUCK
WDW - Broadwalk Villas 01,02,04,05,06,07
WDW - Beach Club Villas 03,09,13
WDW - Bay Lake Towers 2011 AKL - 2012
DL -Disney's Grand Californian 2010 & 2014
Disney Vero Beach 2007 & Disney Aulani Hawaii - 2014
DCL Wonder 2004, 2005, 2014 (Caribbean)
DCL Magic - Western - 2007 Eastern - 2009, 2012
DCL Dream B2B - 2011 DCL Fantasy - 2013
Disney1430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #1099
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

labels are all made and started to fill FE bags

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #1100
Ottawacruiser
Mouseketeer

We just received our documemts on Friday and are soooooo excited!

I'm wondering if there's any plan for a dis meet anytime???

Ottawacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #1101
calypso726
DIS Veteran

CALLING ALL PINK CHAMPAGNE GIRLS!!!!

We have 21 participants so far, (8 are men) we only need four more! If you are interested please read details below.

Hello fellow Fantasy Cruisers! As I mentioned earlier in this thread I am heading up a Pink Champagne Girls meet for our cruise. The first Pink Champagne Girls meet on the Fantasy Maiden voyage was held in Ooh La La and we all had a blast.

I will need to give DCL will need the name and stateroom number of each participant and they charge $20 to each person's room on the list for the champagne tasting which is normally $25. We requested an afternoon on the first sea day. I won't get the final details on the request until about 2 weeks before we cruise. DCL group events has been keeping in touch with me and I will share info as we go.

We had a ton of fun on our previous Fantasy Cruise during the Pink Champagne Girls meet. Previous PCG meets organized by fellow DISers have been limited to ladies only but I open mine up to the men as well. But the men must also abide by "the rules"

The rules are: Everyone brings their own pink shirt or blouse to wear to the meet. Everyone must also wear a tiara and feather boa during the tasting. I will provide the feather boa and tiara which you get to keep

If you wish to participate, please send me PM here on the Disboards or e-mail FantasyFeb16@gmail.com I will need the name of each participant and their stateroom number for DCL. If you are on the Facebook group for this cruise you can message me there. No matter how you try to reach me I will confirm you are on the list. If I do not send a confirmation response, it means I did not receive the request so stalking me for a confirmation is perfectly ok

I will also try to organize a group picture (like below) with Shutters and the character manager. No guarantee we get a character in the picture with us, but sometimes the timing works out. I will spring for the sitting fee so all everyone needs to do after our PCG meet for the picture is smile and say Fizzy, Sparkly or Bubbly!

Here is a picture of most of the Pink Champagne Girls group from the Fantasy Maiden Voyage.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #1102
erinsmom03
Mouseketeer

Cruise docs are here! Very exciting! My 9 year old sat and read the whole thing cover to cover with me! Yes, this is the same child who declared that she needed to start reading her Birnbaum's Disney Cruise book, so that she would know how to have an awesome time, when she got the book Christmas morning!

WDW offsite 1978 RCCL 1996 RCCL 1997 WDW offsite 1998 RCCL 1999
Poly 2008 Poly 2009 FQ/BC 2011 Poly/Fantasy Western Caribbean 2013

erinsmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #1103
gallaj0
DIS Cast Member
Watches Wings whenever he flips past it because Helen is a Hot Tomato

Got our docs today! This is really happening now. I started pulling out shorts, etc while doing laundry this weekend. Now we just need to make sure the kids have all the clothes they need.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #1104
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

We got our cruise docs today, too!!! Happy Dance!

I tried to log on to confirm a few things on the DCL site, but it's all goofy! And not in a good way. It kept making me log in over & over, and then wouldn't let me open any of our daily activities. Argh! No biggie, I just wanted to confirm our adult dining times. It (the written cruise docs) just lists me, all by myself, at a table for 6 in Palo & Remy...not the rest of our party.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #1105
Jennifer_W
Mouseketeer

OOooooh, for anyone who's interested, i just cancelled a table for 3 (or 4) at REMY for dinner on the second night--2/17 at 7:30 p.m.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #1106
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

We got our docs today too! DS still doesn't have a clue, although I don't know how. He was sitting right next to me as I looked through our docs and caught me online looking at things for the cruise. Planning our surprise.

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #1107
Mom3NY
Earning My Ears

We received our cruise docs and WDW docs yesterday! Yay!!!
Too bad I booked our excursions last week so they are not listed on our docs.
I also received our disney stuff from Disney store. Super excited!

DH
DW (me)

DD turning (13) in Jan
DS turning (9) in Feb
DD turning (5) on cruise
Mom3NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #1108
Smittycait
Earning My Ears

We got our cruise docs yesterday too!!! Woo hoo! Sadly we got the call today that the auto train home got canceled due to track work. Ugh! Yea! Amtrak! Good thing we're taking the auto train there so we can drive home. Jeesh!
Smittycait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #1109
Smittycait
Earning My Ears

My bad...guess it's the auto train there, not back...even better!
Smittycait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #1110
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Darn no docs yet. We booked through DVC wonder if that has anything to do with it.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: