Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #1006
kk92476
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
At Costa Maya wife and I may get off boat to walk around not sure if anything to do right at port so we may stay on ship but no excursions planned. First timers so taking it easy and learning for future cruises. We are trying to decide between Atlantis sub and Boatswain in G C. Have you done boatswain before was wondering what it's like and if you could head back early since time is limited. We did sub in Hawaii so looking for something different. I'm figuring once you did one sub they are all the same.
I've never been to Grand Cayman at all, so Boatswain is all new to me. I chose the Salsa & Salsa excursion, DD chose Boatswain, and then we are decided the other days together. I am reading really so-so reviews of the beach day in Costa Maya, so we may bag it and just wander off the ship (and perhaps wander right back on!). We enjoy the beach for an hour or so, but I don't like the idea of being "stuck" anywhere all day, especially with a 40 minute drive. Thanks!
kk92476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #1007
Disney1430
In love with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsmom03 View Post
Hi! We are doing Boatswain in Grand Cayman, 4 adults and 3 kids.
How many people are staying on the ship in Costa Maya?
We are doing

The Dolphin Extreme Swim and Turtle Farm at Grand Cayman

Xplor Park at Cozumel, Mexico

Nothing planned for Costa Maya - will get off and look around -

I have read that: The ship will actually dock at the specially built cruise pier of Majahual, approximately ½ north of Majuhual proper. This very long pier leads to the shopping and entertainment area, but open cart transportation is provided for those who would prefer not to walk http://www.caribbeanportreviews.com/CostaMaya.htm

Didn't plan anything a Cataway Cay - but we have done the stingray adv. 2x's (always had fun) the parasailing another time (had a blast) and my Daughter and her Dad did the Seahorse Catamaran Snorkel Adventure - both had a good time, but said the snorkeling in better at St. Thomas
WDW - Broadwalk Villas 01,02,04,05,06,07
WDW - Beach Club Villas 03,09,13
WDW - Bay Lake Towers 2011 AKL - 2012
DL -Disney's Grand Californian 2010 & 2014
Disney Vero Beach 2007 & Disney Aulani Hawaii - 2014
DCL Wonder 2004, 2005, 2014 (Caribbean)
DCL Magic - Western - 2007, 2015 Eastern - 2009, 2012
DCL Dream B2B - 2011 DCL Fantasy - 2013
Disney1430 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #1008
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

I have the catamaran snorkeling booked for Grand Cayman but I was thinking of switching to Boatswain turtle farm. Do we real only have from 11:30-445 on the Island? that doesnt sound like enough time to do anything!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #1009
kk92476
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoleasawav View Post
I have the catamaran snorkeling booked for Grand Cayman but I was thinking of switching to Boatswain turtle farm. Do we real only have from 11:30-445 on the Island? that doesnt sound like enough time to do anything!!!
If you do the "official" Disney excursions, you'll overpay but be assured that they won't leave without you! We cancelled our Costa Maya beach day and will just wander off the ship. Mi keep reading that there is a pool that is free for everyone....has anyone seen it? I feel confused about just walking up to a random pool and jumping in! It's really open to all??
Old 01-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #1010
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoleasawav View Post
The time restriction is the reason the wife and I will be doing the Atlantis sub.we wanted to leave enough time for hitting the shops. We are thinking about canceling sub and taking a cab to 7 mile beach since it is sold out through DCL. I was told by a friend the beach is only 2 miles from port.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #1011
jengrabinski
Earning My Ears

Hello!

I just found this page & am so excited at all the info! This is my 1st Disney cruise, my boys went last year with their grandparents. We have a group of about 20 of us aboard!

From looking through the pages, I just found out about the FE. I am sad that I saw your voting about new members & just thought I'd throw it out there. I have 2 boys 7 & 4 (my daughter's only 1) that would LOVE to be a part of your FE group if you'd have us.

I am also traveling with my brother who has 2 small kids & cousin with a young son, who may or may not be interested.

Thanks for considering us...
jengrabinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #1012
Pooh Lover
Mouseketeer

We are doing the Salsa and Salsa in Costa Maya, dolphins in Cozumel and a cabana on Castaway Cay. I'm still up in the air about Grand Cayman. My kids are strictly waders in the ocean. They don't like to put their faces in the salt water so even snorkeling is out. We might just stay on the boat and take advantage of low crowds at the pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk92476 View Post
Mi keep reading that there is a pool that is free for everyone....has anyone seen it? I feel confused about just walking up to a random pool and jumping in! It's really open to all??
Yes, it is really a big pool in the middle of shopping area. If I remember right, it only looked a couple of feet deep, so perfect for younger kids. I know it sounds like the strangest idea but I guess the beach there is really rocky and it really is kind of neat.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #1013
Disney1430
In love with Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh Lover View Post
We are doing the Salsa and Salsa in Costa Maya, dolphins in Cozumel and a cabana on Castaway Cay. I'm still up in the air about Grand Cayman. My kids are strictly waders in the ocean. They don't like to put their faces in the salt water so even snorkeling is out. We might just stay on the boat and take advantage of low crowds at the pool.

Yes, it is really a big pool in the middle of shopping area. If I remember right, it only looked a couple of feet deep, so perfect for younger kids. I know it sounds like the strangest idea but I guess the beach there is really rocky and it really is kind of neat.

Found a link with an excellent pic of Costa Maya shopping center, pool, and pier - Didn't know about the pool - most likely will check it out - Thanks

http://www.thecostamaya.com/The-Town-of-Mahahual.html
WDW - Broadwalk Villas 01,02,04,05,06,07
WDW - Beach Club Villas 03,09,13
WDW - Bay Lake Towers 2011 AKL - 2012
DL -Disney's Grand Californian 2010 & 2014
Disney Vero Beach 2007 & Disney Aulani Hawaii - 2014
DCL Wonder 2004, 2005, 2014 (Caribbean)
DCL Magic - Western - 2007, 2015 Eastern - 2009, 2012
DCL Dream B2B - 2011 DCL Fantasy - 2013
Disney1430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #1014
silmarg
SIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengrabinski View Post
I just found this page & am so excited at all the info! This is my 1st Disney cruise, my boys went last year with their grandparents. We have a group of about 20 of us aboard!

From looking through the pages, I just found out about the FE. I am sad that I saw your voting about new members & just thought I'd throw it out there. I have 2 boys 7 & 4 (my daughter's only 1) that would LOVE to be a part of your FE group if you'd have us.

I am also traveling with my brother who has 2 small kids & cousin with a young son, who may or may not be interested.

WELCOME!

We did say we would leave the FE open for late comers, but said late comer needs to understand that they may not receive a gift from every stateroom since certain staterooms have bought their gifts already.

But there are others (like me) who are procrastinating or who are not creating something so custom that they can add another to the pile.

If you are ok with this stipulation... then come and join in! If not, maybe next time.

If you plan to join us, I will need your stateroom number.

Sil
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - 2BR Kidani Savannah / BLT Studio
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #1015
jengrabinski
Earning My Ears

Do you know if there is a way to email/message everyone who is participating to see who would also exchange with us? Can I click on usernames to message? I would hate for my boys to be disappointed that we pass out 30-some gifts & get a handful of things in return.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #1016
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengrabinski View Post

Welcome! So glad to see more young boys in this group. My DS turns 6 on 2/15 and there are only a few boys this age in the group.

I haven't finalized my FE gifts, so I can include you all for sure

As for excursions, I finally sat down and figured things out this weekend. We've been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman a bunch of times, Costa Maya once as a last minute change from Cozumel years ago due to hurricane damage. I booked through DCL because we have OBC and Disney Visa rewards to pay for it all. We usually book private.

Cozumel - Playa Mia Beach Break
Grand Cayman - Boatswain
Costa Maya - just going to check out the port area
Castaway Cay - I plan to run the 5K (maybe??) so didn't book anything else.

We've tried stingrays before and DS wouldn't go in the water, so we didn't want to book any snorkeling either just in case. We'll probably try snorkeling at CC. Do you need to book the snorkel equipment in advance or can we wait til we get there??

Also, I know it was mentioned many pages back, who is running the 5K?? I'm a little concerned that CC is our last day and not sure how much gym time I'll get in while on the cruise, plus we're going to WDW for 3 nights pre-cruise and I know I won't be seeing a gym while there.

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #1017
DisDream09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengrabinski
Do you know if there is a way to email/message everyone who is participating to see who would also exchange with us? Can I click on usernames to message? I would hate for my boys to be disappointed that we pass out 30-some gifts & get a handful of things in return.
I'm a big procrastinator too. I will include your boys :-)
October 1998
December 2004 - All Star Music
May 2006 - Off site
Jan 2007 - Windsor Hills
August 2007 - Windsor Hills
December 2007 - Windsor Hills
June 2008 - Windsor Hills
February 2009 - Windsor Hills - Girls Weekend
December 2009 - Windsor Hills
August 2010 Hawaii (NCL)
December 2010 - All Star Music - Cheer Competition
July 2011 - Windsor Hills - Harry Potter
September 22, 2011 Disney Dream
December 2011 - All Star Music - Pop Warner Cheer Competition - JPW National Champions!!!!
December 2012 - All Star Music - Pop Warner Cheer Competition - JM National Champions!!!!
February 16-23, 2013 - Disney Fantasy Cruise
December 2013 - All Star Music - Pop Warner Cheer Competition - JM Silver Medalists!!!!

Andrea John Jessie Adriana Mema
DisDream09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #1018
kk92476
Mouseketeer

I'm in too. Haven't gotten organized yet!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #1019
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

I am partially organized I have been accumulating items for a few months now. I left the card table out that we wrapped Christmas presents on and it will once all the boxes from Christmas are put away become the fish extender station I ordered magnets from Vista Print and ordered 100 so each room may get multiple .. as far as excursions We are doing the City/Turtle Farm Tour in GC nothing in the other but on board Bippity on Formal Night and Pirates League on Pirate night... my son turns 9 on Saturday and he is getting excited.. my daughter 6 has a countdown and keeps asking FE questions

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #1020
jengrabinski
Earning My Ears

Thank you to those of you who are able to add us to your FE exchange. Our cabin # is 7622 & it is me, dh, ds7, ds4, dd1.
Looking forward to a week full of magical surprises!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: