Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #76
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!
 
DizDragonfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post

We've gotten probably 4-5 inches of snow so far and wouldn't ya know it....the darn snow blower won't start tonight! I shoveled half of the driveway....I don't have enough energy to shovel the other half. Thank goodness it's one of those light fluffy snows....otherwise I would only have 1/4 of the driveway plowed!
Why isn't Brandon doing the rest for you? Several years ago, Kyle was doing our shoveling and pretty soon the neighbors started coming out and asking him to do theirs too. He made some good money that day! Of course, we don't get a lot of snow around here. Most people don't even have snow shovels.

All the snow we had earlier in the week melted under heavy rains. This, of course, caused some bad flooding. The town neighboring ours had their sewers overflowing and backing up into homes. Yuck! Luckily the rain has been light today and the flooding is improving.
__________________
~Karen
DizDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #77
Truffle
I'm sweet, or a rare fungi. You decide!
 
Truffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 2,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat WillyNilly View Post
I'm in between plow shifts so I figured I'd see what was goin on. Gotta be back at work in 2 hours. I just got home 30 mins ago.
Did you get the snow blower started? Deb was pretty upset that it didn't!

Oh, yeah. I'm on this cruise too. Now to wander off to find my wife. I saw here here somewhere...
__________________
MK Dec '73 * CBR Jan '90 * POFQ May '94, Jan '06, Jan '09, Feb '10 * AKL May '10, Sept '10 * Pop Century Sept '10, Nov '10 * BWV Jan '11 * Ireland Mar '11 (How did THAT get in there?!?!) * AK Kidani Sept '11 * SSMC Sept '11 *BLT Sept '11 * AK Kidani Jan '12 * AK Kidani Nov '12 * Pop Century Feb '13 * DISpeeps Mini Member Cruise Feb '13! * AK Jambo CL Feb '13! (Whoo-hoo! Thanks Junior!) *
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #78
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
(We really are a strange bunch, aren't we?)
I thought I heard someone say strange. Here I am!

Hi everybody! DH (W@LL-E) and I are on this cruise too with the balcony party group. Please feel free to drop by, the more the merrier!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
We've gotten probably 4-5 inches of snow so far and wouldn't ya know it....the darn snow blower won't start tonight! I shoveled half of the driveway....I don't have enough energy to shovel the other half. Thank goodness it's one of those light fluffy snows....otherwise I would only have 1/4 of the driveway plowed!
Yikes! That doesn't sound like fun. It sounds colder than Castaway Cay last week

By the way I'm wearing flip flops today ducking and running ...
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #79
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,413

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
I'm in the "cool down" part of my workout (flat out on the sofa).
I keep telling myself I'm gonna do this (the workout part). It just seems that I always wind up in the "flat out on the sofa" part instead

So what are you doing for a workout? I've got 10 weeks before the maiden voyage on the Fantasy and need some inspiration!
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #80
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!
 
DizDragonfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,131

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
I keep telling myself I'm gonna do this (the workout part). It just seems that I always wind up in the "flat out on the sofa" part instead

So what are you doing for a workout? I've got 10 weeks before the maiden voyage on the Fantasy and need some inspiration!


I downloaded the Couch-to-5K app for my phone and started the program. However, right now I'm just repeating Day One's workout and doing a "brisk walk" when it tells me to jog. The first time I did it, I did the first three jogging bits and then gave up halfway through the workout. I'm not in jogging shape yet. I think it's a 9 week program. So, you'd have time to finish it before the MV. You could make your 5K the Castaway Cay 5K!
__________________
~Karen
DizDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #81
silmarg
SIL
 
silmarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 1,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticMoe View Post
We changed our cabin to 7690. So excited to snag one of the infamous "aft" balcony cabins!

There's alot of action on this thread lately. Sounds like FUN times are ahead!
Correction made...
Latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
JCARWASH / TOTORO - DH/DW/DS6 - 2525
THEHOLMESBUNCH - DH/DW/DD10 - 5020
THEHOLMESBUNCH3 (parents) - DH/DW - 5022
THEHOLMESBUNCH (sister) - DH/DW/DD12/DS10 - 5518
SILMARG - DH/DW/DD13/DD10 - 6566
DISMOM73 - DH/DW/DD8/DD13/DD19 - 6670 and 6672
THE GREAT CORNHOLEO - DH/DW/DS10 - 6688
POETICMOE - DMom/DS12 - 7690


Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinMemories4MyKids View Post
I'm seriously considering driving from New York (Staten Island) to Florida for the cruise. This would be my first time driving to the cruise I always stay at the disney hotels after my flight and use transfers to and from. I hate that i get to port late due to this. I want to be there early, bring my own wine (they dont carry what i like) and maybeeeeee save some $$$. It's so far away and I'm already making myself nuts. Do any of you drive to port and if so how long does it take you? I've been told it would take about 17 hrs for me Ughhhh decisions, decisions, decisions. BTW, unless I'm looking in the wrong areas, I'm only seeing airline flights ending in mid December, nothing after that
We have driven to WDW a few times (though never for a cruise) from the Westchester/Bronx border. 17 or 18 hours sounds right if you are going straight thru with minimal stops - which we have done. Coming home is tough to do in one shot as we are usually exhausted doing a week in the parks.

I am a little nervous about what the airfare will be next year for this cruise as for the past several years we have visited a Disney Park for Presidents week since my DDs also have off for that entire week. It seems like NY and New England schools have that week off. The airlines know that the schools are off and fares out of airports in these areas are crazy for that week ~ $600 RT. In order to avoid this issue, we have flown out of Philly and Baltimore (and we live within 30 mins of JFK, LGA and HPN). These other cities dont give kids off the whole week so air can be had for less than half the price vs flying out of NY.

This year (2012) its not quite working as it has in the past, and as such, we may not go to the parks this year - but we are considering driving down to WDW.
__________________
Sil
WDW: 1979 1982 1986 1989 1997 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005(twice) 2006 2007(+4 day DCL)
2008 Aug - 15 day eastbound repo on DCL (+DL & DCA)!!!
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #82
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran
 
Luckymomoftwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hobart, Indiana
Posts: 4,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
Why isn't Brandon doing the rest for you? Several years ago, Kyle was doing our shoveling and pretty soon the neighbors started coming out and asking him to do theirs too. He made some good money that day! Of course, we don't get a lot of snow around here. Most people don't even have snow shovels.

All the snow we had earlier in the week melted under heavy rains. This, of course, caused some bad flooding. The town neighboring ours had their sewers overflowing and backing up into homes. Yuck! Luckily the rain has been light today and the flooding is improving.
Brandon wasn't feeling good this morning. He woke up with a sore throat.

We are supposed to get rain tomorrow night I think...that's going to make quite a mess!!! Then when temps fall below zero it's gonna make for very interesting road conditions!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffle View Post
Did you get the snow blower started? Deb was pretty upset that it didn't!

Oh, yeah. I'm on this cruise too. Now to wander off to find my wife. I saw here here somewhere...
He tried and tried to get the snow blower started...no success. I think we might need to take it somewhere to get it fixed. Wonder how much of my Disney Dollars that's gonna steal!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
I thought I heard someone say strange. Here I am!

Hi everybody! DH (W@LL-E) and I are on this cruise too with the balcony party group. Please feel free to drop by, the more the merrier!




Yikes! That doesn't sound like fun. It sounds colder than Castaway Cay last week

By the way I'm wearing flip flops today ducking and running ...
No need to and run....If I didn't have these awful winter storms to weather through, I wouldn't appreciate my trips to Disney as much!


Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
I keep telling myself I'm gonna do this (the workout part). It just seems that I always wind up in the "flat out on the sofa" part instead

So what are you doing for a workout? I've got 10 weeks before the maiden voyage on the Fantasy and need some inspiration!
I'm using recent pictures of myself as inspiration!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post


I downloaded the Couch-to-5K app for my phone and started the program. However, right now I'm just repeating Day One's workout and doing a "brisk walk" when it tells me to jog. The first time I did it, I did the first three jogging bits and then gave up halfway through the workout. I'm not in jogging shape yet. I think it's a 9 week program. So, you'd have time to finish it before the MV. You could make your 5K the Castaway Cay 5K!
That sounds like an excellent goal!!!!! Go for it Terrie AND Karen!!!!!! I'm gonna try to do the Couch-to-5K....I've NEVER been a runner, so we'll see how it goes. I need to get my body used to walking on the treadmill first. Did two 45 minute walks this week so far....gonna try and do three next week and work myself up.
__________________
ME DH DS(14) DD(10)
šoš My family and friends all think I'm crazy because I live, eat, and breathe Disney. I just can't seem to get them to join in on my passion of all things Disney. šoš

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #83
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran
 
Luckymomoftwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Hobart, Indiana
Posts: 4,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
We have driven to WDW a few times (though never for a cruise) from the Westchester/Bronx border. 17 or 18 hours sounds right if you are going straight thru with minimal stops - which we have done. Coming home is tough to do in one shot as we are usually exhausted doing a week in the parks.

I am a little nervous about what the airfare will be next year for this cruise as for the past several years we have visited a Disney Park for Presidents week since my DDs also have off for that entire week. It seems like NY and New England schools have that week off. The airlines know that the schools are off and fares out of airports in these areas are crazy for that week ~ $600 RT. In order to avoid this issue, we have flown out of Philly and Baltimore (and we live within 30 mins of JFK, LGA and HPN). These other cities dont give kids off the whole week so air can be had for less than half the price vs flying out of NY.

This year (2012) its not quite working as it has in the past, and as such, we may not go to the parks this year - but we are considering driving down to WDW.
Is Southwest and option for you? Download their "DING" program and as soon as flights open up for February 2013, keep an eye on their airfare. It's usually the cheapest on the first day that they announce those dates, but sometimes they have internet/DING specials that are just as cheap. Good luck!!!
__________________
ME DH DS(14) DD(10)
šoš My family and friends all think I'm crazy because I live, eat, and breathe Disney. I just can't seem to get them to join in on my passion of all things Disney. šoš

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #84
silmarg
SIL
 
silmarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 1,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
Is Southwest and option for you? Download their "DING" program and as soon as flights open up for February 2013, keep an eye on their airfare. It's usually the cheapest on the first day that they announce those dates, but sometimes they have internet/DING specials that are just as cheap. Good luck!!!
SWA is not big from NYC... but it is one of the airlines i have flown out of Philly on a past Presidents week. Thanks for the tip.
__________________
Sil
WDW: 1979 1982 1986 1989 1997 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005(twice) 2006 2007(+4 day DCL)
2008 Aug - 15 day eastbound repo on DCL (+DL & DCA)!!!
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:46 PM   #85
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!
 
DizDragonfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
Brandon wasn't feeling good this morning. He woke up with a sore throat.
I hope he's feeling better tomorrow!!

Quote:
I'm gonna try to do the Couch-to-5K....I've NEVER been a runner, so we'll see how it goes. I need to get my body used to walking on the treadmill first. Did two 45 minute walks this week so far....gonna try and do three next week and work myself up.
Go Deb!
__________________
~Karen
DizDragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #86
clayfolks
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
SWA is not big from NYC... but it is one of the airlines i have flown out of Philly on a past Presidents week. Thanks for the tip.
I don't know if it would be convenient, but we have gotten exceptional fares in to and out of Islip on SWA in the past. Also Newark, on occasion.
__________________


CBR Jan '90 * POFQ May '94, Jan '06, Jan '09, Feb '10 * AKL Jambo May '10 & Pop Century & AKL Kidani Sept '10 * Pop Sept, Nov '10 * SSR & BWV Jan '11
* Ireland Road Trip! Mar '11 * AK Kidani Sept '11 * SSMC Sept '11 * BLT Sept '11 * AK Kidani Jan '12! * AK Kidani Nov '12 * Pop Century Feb '13 * AK Jambo Club Level Feb '13 * OKW May '13 * OKW Oct '13 * AK Kidani Jan '14 *
clayfolks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #87
M & N Potter
DIS Veteran
 
M & N Potter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 3,170

I can go from my chair to the kitchen.....
__________________
Michael
I had some.
I had some of these as well!
Apparently, I had some too!
Most importantly, I still have lots of this!

Last edited by M & N Potter; 01-23-2012 at 05:32 PM.
M & N Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #88
silmarg
SIL
 
silmarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 1,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayfolks View Post
I don't know if it would be convenient, but we have gotten exceptional fares in to and out of Islip on SWA in the past. Also Newark, on occasion.
Round trip for Presidents week out of ISP is $706 per person on SWA.

I normally book airfare very late... but for this cruise... I have to book the air early.
__________________
Sil
WDW: 1979 1982 1986 1989 1997 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005(twice) 2006 2007(+4 day DCL)
2008 Aug - 15 day eastbound repo on DCL (+DL & DCA)!!!
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #89
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!
 
dismom73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 1,732

Well all, I must report I am jumping ship...I just switched from this cruise to the 7 night Med cruise on the Magic. I am very excited for this cruise, we will finally be going somewhere new on DCL! I wish you all a happy vacation!
__________________
dismom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #90
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,438

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Well all, I must report I am jumping ship...I just switched from this cruise to the 7 night Med cruise on the Magic. I am very excited for this cruise, we will finally be going somewhere new on DCL! I wish you all a happy vacation!
Have fun! You did warn us about potential Magic or Wonder itineraries pulling you away, glad that worked out for you.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: