Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #871
kshark1958
Mouseketeer
 
kshark1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 298

Me and the wife are thinking about going all out for pirates night. Do a lot of adults do this or is mostly a kids thing also I have been checking on line for pirate outfits found several sites. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions on this.
__________________
Kevin & Lorraine



1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #872
Smittycait
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Schenectady, Ny
Posts: 43

Ok crazy question. I was on the reservation thingy, looking at port excursions for castaway cay...and it's showing the cabanas as sold out. Which I wasn't expecting it not to be...however...cabana 16 and cabana 21 aren't showing at all. Like they're not there. Do they not exist? Does that mean they're sold out too? Or do they hold them back for something?
Smittycait is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #873
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
Me and the wife are thinking about going all out for pirates night. Do a lot of adults do this or is mostly a kids thing also I have been checking on line for pirate outfits found several sites. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions on this.
You can definitely go all out as adults. It's not a kids thing only. People really get into it with the costumes and do an amazing job.

If you don't dress up at all that's fine too, but if you want to go full pirate, go for it!
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #874
DarthTod
Mouseketeer
 
DarthTod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958
Me and the wife are thinking about going all out for pirates night. Do a lot of adults do this or is mostly a kids thing also I have been checking on line for pirate outfits found several sites. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions on this.
I'm going all out. Although I will be without one piece of my costume: neither Disney nor the TSA want anything to do with my 41" rapier. It's not sharp, but it's pointy and all metal. I still haven't figured out how to get around that. (Half tempted to cut off the hilt and screw it into the scabbard.)
DarthTod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #875
Lani
MousePlanet.com editor
 
Lani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittycait View Post
Ok crazy question. I was on the reservation thingy, looking at port excursions for castaway cay...and it's showing the cabanas as sold out. Which I wasn't expecting it not to be...however...cabana 16 and cabana 21 aren't showing at all. Like they're not there. Do they not exist? Does that mean they're sold out too? Or do they hold them back for something?
Oh yeah, the cabanas are in very high demand. I'm not surprised that they were grabbed as soon as the initial platinum-level window opened up.

As for cabanas 16 and 21, I may be COMPLETELY WRONG here so please take this with a grain of salt.

I do know that at least one cabana is a special access cabana for guests with disabilities. It was once explained to me by a friend who's a platinum that they do not pre-book the ADA cabana(s?) unless whoever is making the reservation specifically has access issues. However, I seem to recall that they do eventually open that ADA cabana up either right before the cruise, or some very close window (like maybe once the ship sets sail).

Again, I may be wrong or be completely misremembering. I also thought they only had one such cabana, and I don't remember the cabana number.

Another possibility is that those two cabanas may be under rehab, too.
__________________

Lani Teshima, MousePlanet.com Staff Editor & Writer. Marathoner and Premiere Annual Passholder. Travel right—Travelite! You can travel with just your carry-on bag! Learn how at The Travelite FAQ! Ask me anything about runDisney or packing light for your travels!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #876
silmarg
SIL
 
silmarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 1,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsandagirl View Post
Please add twinsandagirl grandparents to the list.

Husband and wife in cabin 6650

THanks!
Welcome!

Latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
JCARWASH / TOTORO - DH/DW/DS6 - 2525
THEHOLMESBUNCH - DH/DW/DD10 - 5020
THEHOLMESBUNCH3 (parents) - DH/DW - 5022
THEHOLMESBUNCH (sister) - DH/DW/DD12/DS10 - 5518
CLEOGOLDFISH - DH/DW/DD11/DD7 - 6036
LAURITAGODDESS - DMom/DS10 - 6040
NANANDIBOB - DH/DW/DD12 - 6178
MAGRUDERSMAKES3 - DH/DW/DD10 - 6188
SILMARG - DH/DW/DD13/DD10 - 6566
TWINSANDAGIRL (grandparents) - DH/DW - 6650
MATTHEWSMOMMY - DH/DW/DS6 - 6690
POETICMOE - DMom/DS12 - 7690
MAKINMEMORIES4MYKIDS - DH/DW/DD13/DD12 - 7570
DIZJOHN - DH/DW/DS9/DD6 - 8080
DISDREAM09 - DH/DW/DD12/DD8 - 8116
DISNEY1430 - DH/DW/DD14/DS12 - 8664
KPD320 - DH/DD12/DS8 - 9045
APHOENIX & AVP - DH/DW - 9062
LANI - Lani and Steph (Adults) - 9064
BROWNIEBITES - DH/DW+DW's parents - 9506
THETHOMSLUVDISNEY (friend) - DMom/DS17 - 9517
THETHOMSLUVDISNEY - DH/DW/DD16/DD12 - 9536
THECHAVEZLUVDISNEY - 2 Adults/DD9/DD7 - 9538
THREEBOYSNY - DH/DW/DS12/DS10/DS7 - 9540
RIEGERVIC - DH/DW/DD12/DD8 - 10024
MOMTOLEASAWAV - DH/DW/DD17/DS15/DD10 - 10120

WOLFCAT - DH/DW/DD11/DD7 - XXXX
TWINSANDAGIRL - DH/DW/DS10/DS10/DD4 - XXXX
__________________
Sil
WDW: 1979 1982 1986 1989 1997 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005(twice) 2006 2007(+4 day DCL)
2008 Aug - 15 day eastbound repo on DCL (+DL & DCA)!!!
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #877
FREEZIN
FREEZIN
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: RHODE ISLAND
Posts: 53

Did anyone take the plunge for Presidents week 2014?
We had two dummy cruises waiting in the wings so I
went ahead and booked the DREAM for 2/16/14 a 4 night
and 2/20/14 a 3 night.
Figured make up my own little 7 nighter with 2 days at Castaway Cay.
FREEZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #878
kk92476
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 90

Can I joing the FE?

Can you add me to the list?

kk92476 + DH, and DD9 :-) Cabin 7646

Quote:
Originally Posted by silmarg View Post
Welcome!

Latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
JCARWASH / TOTORO - DH/DW/DS6 - 2525
THEHOLMESBUNCH - DH/DW/DD10 - 5020
THEHOLMESBUNCH3 (parents) - DH/DW - 5022
THEHOLMESBUNCH (sister) - DH/DW/DD12/DS10 - 5518
CLEOGOLDFISH - DH/DW/DD11/DD7 - 6036
LAURITAGODDESS - DMom/DS10 - 6040
NANANDIBOB - DH/DW/DD12 - 6178
MAGRUDERSMAKES3 - DH/DW/DD10 - 6188
SILMARG - DH/DW/DD13/DD10 - 6566
TWINSANDAGIRL (grandparents) - DH/DW - 6650
MATTHEWSMOMMY - DH/DW/DS6 - 6690
POETICMOE - DMom/DS12 - 7690
MAKINMEMORIES4MYKIDS - DH/DW/DD13/DD12 - 7570
DIZJOHN - DH/DW/DS9/DD6 - 8080
DISDREAM09 - DH/DW/DD12/DD8 - 8116
DISNEY1430 - DH/DW/DD14/DS12 - 8664
KPD320 - DH/DD12/DS8 - 9045
APHOENIX & AVP - DH/DW - 9062
LANI - Lani and Steph (Adults) - 9064
BROWNIEBITES - DH/DW+DW's parents - 9506
THETHOMSLUVDISNEY (friend) - DMom/DS17 - 9517
THETHOMSLUVDISNEY - DH/DW/DD16/DD12 - 9536
THECHAVEZLUVDISNEY - 2 Adults/DD9/DD7 - 9538
THREEBOYSNY - DH/DW/DS12/DS10/DS7 - 9540
RIEGERVIC - DH/DW/DD12/DD8 - 10024
MOMTOLEASAWAV - DH/DW/DD17/DS15/DD10 - 10120

WOLFCAT - DH/DW/DD11/DD7 - XXXX
TWINSANDAGIRL - DH/DW/DS10/DS10/DD4 - XXXX
kk92476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #879
silmarg
SIL
 
silmarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 1,931

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk92476 View Post
Can you add me to the list?

kk92476 + DH, and DD9 :-) Cabin 7646
Welcome!

Latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
JCARWASH / TOTORO - DH/DW/DS6 - 2525
THEHOLMESBUNCH - DH/DW/DD10 - 5020
THEHOLMESBUNCH3 (parents) - DH/DW - 5022
THEHOLMESBUNCH (sister) - DH/DW/DD12/DS10 - 5518
CLEOGOLDFISH - DH/DW/DD11/DD7 - 6036
LAURITAGODDESS - DMom/DS10 - 6040
NANANDIBOB - DH/DW/DD12 - 6178
MAGRUDERSMAKES3 - DH/DW/DD10 - 6188
SILMARG - DH/DW/DD13/DD10 - 6566
TWINSANDAGIRL (grandparents) - DH/DW - 6650
MATTHEWSMOMMY - DH/DW/DS6 - 6690
KK92476 - DH/DW/DD9 - 7646
POETICMOE - DMom/DS12 - 7690
MAKINMEMORIES4MYKIDS - DH/DW/DD13/DD12 - 7570
DIZJOHN - DH/DW/DS9/DD6 - 8080
DISDREAM09 - DH/DW/DD12/DD8 - 8116
DISNEY1430 - DH/DW/DD14/DS12 - 8664
KPD320 - DH/DD12/DS8 - 9045
APHOENIX & AVP - DH/DW - 9062
LANI - Lani and Steph (Adults) - 9064
BROWNIEBITES - DH/DW+DW's parents - 9506
THETHOMSLUVDISNEY (friend) - DMom/DS17 - 9517
THETHOMSLUVDISNEY - DH/DW/DD16/DD12 - 9536
THECHAVEZLUVDISNEY - 2 Adults/DD9/DD7 - 9538
THREEBOYSNY - DH/DW/DS12/DS10/DS7 - 9540
RIEGERVIC - DH/DW/DD12/DD8 - 10024
MOMTOLEASAWAV - DH/DW/DD17/DS15/DD10 - 10120

WOLFCAT - DH/DW/DD11/DD7 - XXXX
TWINSANDAGIRL - DH/DW/DS10/DS10/DD4 - XXXX
__________________
Sil
WDW: 1979 1982 1986 1989 1997 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005(twice) 2006 2007(+4 day DCL)
2008 Aug - 15 day eastbound repo on DCL (+DL & DCA)!!!
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #880
kshark1958
Mouseketeer
 
kshark1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 298

Castaway Cay excursions

Me and the wife have planned excursions for GC and Cozumel and were thinking about Castaway Cay. But while looking at reviews and doing other research I noticed that it seems like a lot of cruisers just use the last cruise day at Castaway Cay as a relax on the beach possibly with your favorite beverage kind of day with not to many excursions. Am I wrong or am I right.
__________________
Kevin & Lorraine



1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #881
robhawk
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hudson Massachusetts
Posts: 1,072

Sounds like you are right! That's what we plan on doing.

Rob & Sue
__________________
robhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #882
kk92476
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 90

We have done Parasailing in Castaway Cay which is incredible! But it is a beautiful place to lay around in a hammock, rent a bike, etc. It's true paradise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
Me and the wife have planned excursions for GC and Cozumel and were thinking about Castaway Cay. But while looking at reviews and doing other research I noticed that it seems like a lot of cruisers just use the last cruise day at Castaway Cay as a relax on the beach possibly with your favorite beverage kind of day with not to many excursions. Am I wrong or am I right.
kk92476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #883
kk92476
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 90

Excursions or activities for Mexico Days?

Hi everyone! We just booked for school vacation week and are over the moon excited! We cruised Disney Wonder many, many years ago before DD was even born, and then we did the Dream in 2011--both were Bahama itineraries, so Caribbean is an all new adventure for me! I know I'm coming in LATE on the booking process, so what do folks recommend for the Mexico and Grand Cayman days? Are you able to just do your own thing or is it unsafe to be on your own? My daughter is 9, so too young for some of the cool active excursions. Thanks, in advance!!!
kk92476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #884
erinsmom03
Mouseketeer
 
erinsmom03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 239

Can't wait!!!

I've been lying low, waiting to make sure we were going to make it on this cruise, since our first Disney cruise ended up canceled and changed into a WDW stay instead. Now, the cruise is just around the corner and I am sooooo excited! The cruise will be a Christmas surprise for DD9!

My cousin and her family are also booked. We love to travel together, since our DD is an only child, and she enjoys the cousins being with her. We are cat 5A, on 10th floor aft.

We've been busy planning for some excursions...not sure at all about Costa Maya...seems like such a quick stop, what does everyone recommend that would appeal to adults and kids ages 7-9? Is is safe to just explore for a little while on our own? Or maybe just stay on the ship???
__________________
Chriss Dave Erin 11 Marley

WDW offsite 1978 RCCL 1996 RCCL 1997 WDW offsite 1998 RCCL 1999
Poly 2008 Poly 2009 FQ/BC 2011 Poly/Fantasy Western Caribbean 2013
Cabana Bay/Universal/Magic Bahamas 2014

erinsmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #885
kshark1958
Mouseketeer
 
kshark1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinsmom03
I've been lying low, waiting to make sure we were going to make it on this cruise, since our first Disney cruise ended up canceled and changed into a WDW stay instead. Now, the cruise is just around the corner and I am sooooo excited! The cruise will be a Christmas surprise for DD9!

My cousin and her family are also booked. We love to travel together, since our DD is an only child, and she enjoys the cousins being with her. We are cat 5A, on 10th floor aft.

We've been busy planning for some excursions...not sure at all about Costa Maya...seems like such a quick stop, what does everyone recommend that would appeal to adults and kids ages 7-9? Is is safe to just explore for a little while on our own? Or maybe just stay on the ship???
Me and my wife will be first time cruisers so we didn't want to go to crazy with the excursions. We are doing the Atlantis at GC and the combo ruins/beach club in Cozumel. We weren't to crazy about the excursions on Costa Maya plus the time is short there so we will stay on ship or visits the shops in port. Castaway Cay we just plan on lounging on the beach and relaxing. We have found in the past when you plan to much activity you sometimes forget to relax. Now we won't have any kids with us so we won't have to worry about keeping them occupied. One thing I can tell you this forum is full of info and is making my plans much easier for being a first time cruiser. So do what you can to get all the answers you need. The people in this forum are real helpful.
__________________
Kevin & Lorraine



1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: