Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #511
MakinMemories4MyKids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizJohn View Post
Still debating driving the Honda Fit or the Honda Odyssey extra fuel costs vs extra room no kids fighting for 20+ hours granted 8-10 of the hours they will be asleep
omG, John 20+ hrs??!! My dh told me it would take us (from Staten Island, NY) around 14 hrs. I don't know where he got this info from or if it's even correct but I'm hoping it's no longer than that because my 12 and 13 yr old daughters complain after driving 2 hrs to PA

MakinMemories4MyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #512
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinMemories4MyKids View Post
omG, John 20+ hrs??!! My dh told me it would take us (from Staten Island, NY) around 14 hrs. I don't know where he got this info from or if it's even correct but I'm hoping it's no longer than that because my 12 and 13 yr old daughters complain after driving 2 hrs to PA
Don't forget on a good day I am 1.5-2 hrs north of you on 95 in CT so your husband is right Including Fuel/potty breaks

Clinton, CT to JAX 17 hrs Jax-WDW 2.5 hrs

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #513
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

I'm marking my calendar for July 9 to check on flights when they open up. We always fly down a day early so I was already planning on taking DS out of school on the 15th, plus that's his Birthday . I'm hoping to talk DH into going down a couple of days early to spend some time at WDW, so it looks like I have a week to do that!

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #514
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, we are going to have to cancel this cruise. My husband has some health issues and is becoming a little more symptomatic than we would like. We are going to do the parks again while he is able to enjoy them.

Hope everyone has a great trip!!

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT

Last edited by magrudersmakes3; 07-01-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: text correction
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #515
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Wishing you the best!

Rob & Sue
Old 07-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #516
MakinMemories4MyKids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
Unfortunately, we are going to have to cancel this cruise. My husband has some health issues and is becoming a little more symptomatic than we would like. We are going to do the parks again while he is able to enjoy them.

sorry that your dh isn't doing well. Hope things get better. God bless

MakinMemories4MyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #517
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhawk View Post
We take our vacation every President's week because DW is a school nurse. We always have to pay quite a bit more for that week! At least it is just us two this time.
We have had good luck with Southwest. They open their schedule on July 9.
Our daughter has had good luck on Jet Blue out of White Plains. Waiting on their schedule to open. Gotta figure it will be around the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewsMommy View Post
I'm marking my calendar for July 9 to check on flights when they open up. We always fly down a day early so I was already planning on taking DS out of school on the 15th, plus that's his Birthday . I'm hoping to talk DH into going down a couple of days early to spend some time at WDW, so it looks like I have a week to do that!
On July 9th, SWA is planning to open their schedule through February 13. So if you're planning to fly on Thursday (14th) or Friday (15th) before the cruise, we have longer to wait for SWA's schedule.

Quote:

Sorry to hear that!

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #518
silmarg
SIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinMemories4MyKids View Post
14 is a bit optimistic from SI. We have driven a few times from lower Westchester (think close to co-op city in the bronx). I would say its closer to 18 hours at best to WDW. Maybe one hour less from SI vs here. I find it best to leave in the evening or late at nite. My basic tenents are... the more the kids sleep the better (fewer potty breaks neede) and you want to arrive in daylight (assuming you are driving straight thru... arriving in the dark after 18 hours of driving is bad bad bad).

Mapquest says its 17hrs and 20 mins from the Outerbridge to Port Canaveral. Mapquest has you going around DC, Richmond and Jacksonville... which I dont bother doing if you leave at the right time (cut right across each).

Quote:

Best wishes and a speedy recovery!
2009 Feb - WDW (POP - buy 4 get 7 impromptu trip | Aug/Sep - Nine Days of FREE DINING and FREE SSR upgrade!
2010 Feb - Taking my parents to POR w Grand Kids | Sept - Pop Free Dining Bounce Back
2011 Feb - Grand California DVC Welcome Home | Aug - Disney Dream!!! (AKV b4 and BCV after)
2012 Feb - Carribean Beach / SSR split stay | Sept - 5 day NYC/Canadian Cruise on Magic | Oct - 3 day suprise the kids trip MNSSHP / F&W @ OKW
2013 Feb - Disney Fantasy (western) | Aug/Sept - Parents 50th Anniv. Disney Fantasy (eastern) and WDW (OKW)
2014 Feb - VGC and ABD BSM
2014 Aug - BLT
2014 Sept - Disney Magic Southern Caribbean (still on the fence on this one)
silmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #519
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the well wishes.

My husband has Lupus and this year has been a little more difficult with a few more scares than we would have liked. I am so proud of him though as he fights it everyday and never complains.

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #520
calypso726
DIS Veteran

GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS! WE SET SAIL IN 32 WEEKS! THAT IS 224 DAYS!

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:46 AM   #521
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jcarwash about the Feb 13 SWA opening. I missed that in my excitement to book our flights! I guess I have to wait a little bit longer.

Rob
Old 07-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #522
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhawk View Post
Thanks Jcarwash about the Feb 13 SWA opening. I missed that in my excitement to book our flights! I guess I have to wait a little bit longer.

Rob
No worries, the next window is opening SOON!
Quote:
On July 16, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through March 8, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
I don't even think that's enough time for the flights I purchased today to post on my Southwest RR Visa! I was hoping to earn some more points and not have to pay out of pocket for the return flight. Oh well!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #523
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

That is weird about the SWA calendar opening up again a week later!

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #524
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
That is weird about the SWA calendar opening up again a week later!
It's just a guess, but I suspect they didn't want the rush for folks wanting Presidents' Week tickets on top of the normal rush when they open their booking window. The very small extension of the booking window, coupled with the window opening, just a week later are what leads me to that conclusion. Luckily, I'm not trying to get a flight that week, but on either side of that week and my dates are flexible, so I can pick the right flight at the right price!
Old 07-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #525
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
No worries, the next window is opening SOON!

I don't even think that's enough time for the flights I purchased today to post on my Southwest RR Visa! I was hoping to earn some more points and not have to pay out of pocket for the return flight. Oh well!
Thank you so much for the heads up, I had marked my calendar to remind me of the July 9 opening dates not realizing it wouldn't include this week. I figured it would be another month! So marking my calendar for the 16th now.

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: