Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #31
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone! Just poppin in to say "hey"! Still waiting on our school system to release our 2013 calendar. I went ahead and booked a Spring 2013 cruise on the Fantasy as well, just in case our school system tries to do something funky for 2013. Need to make sure we're covered either way. Ugh....the wait....
Old 11-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #32
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

If you're planning to stay near port the night before, Feb 2013 dates can now be booked at Country Inn & Suites.

I had been holding a Radisson at the Port reservation because that hotel was allowing booking in Feb 2013 a while back. CI&S was not, but when I checked today their window is open online.

I stayed at CI&S before our first cruise this year on the Magic. We liked it. The rates are cheaper than the Radisson and there is a nice breakfast included. For this year's stay I was able to get an incredible rate ($70) due to a promotion they were running at the time, but for Feb 2013 I have reserved with a AAA rate.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #33
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Wishing everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING tomorrow!

Enjoy!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #34
Kate7
Earning My Ears

Hi All!

I booked this cruise for my family this week after taking our last ever Carnival cruise in December. I have heard wonderful things about Disney Cruises (and I know from experience that Disney does things very well), so I'm pretty excited about it.

But can anyone tell me what fish extenders are and what is the FE list? (I assume FE = Fish Extender?)

Thanks!
Kate
Old 01-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #35
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Hi Kate! Glad to have you join, plus we haven't had any activity on this meet thread for a while!

Fish Extenders are things you can hang on a fish next to your stateroom door. Below I'll put in a picture of our hand-made one from our first cruise. (We may use it again on this upcoming cruise.)

Once the cruise gets closer, we'll organize a complete list of who is participating in an exchange -- stateroom numbers, people per party, usually ages of children so gifts can be appropriate.

Then on the cruise you visit each stateroom door and leave little gifts in the pockets of the Fish Extender. The gifts don't need to be anything big, just like little items from a dollar store for example, but it's fun to do. Many people get into customizing magnets or other mementos specific to the cruise or the kids' names, stuff like that.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #36
Kate7
Earning My Ears

Wow! you're very creative.....and that sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #37
MakinMemories4MyKids
Mouseketeer

Hi all going to decide today on a stateroom then book. Hard decision...either complete back of boat which has a big verandah BUT has whitewall (I want see through) or 7570 which is midship of boat and close to elevator not whitewall BUT regualr size verandah. Ughhhhhhh I'll be booking with the hopes my girls will be on mid winter recess (2013 calenders aren't out yet) Cruising with~ dh Erik 45, dd Gianna 13,dd Kayla 12 and Linda (me) 47 <<<ages at time of sailing. I'm excited just unsure of stateroom to pick lol.

MakinMemories4MyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #38
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Hi there! My family is booked on this cruise. DH, myself, DS-13, DD-9. We picked this cruise so that we would still be in the inaugural sailing year. We have sailed on each of the ships during their inaugural sailing year. Unfortunately we missed the boat on sailing on the Fantasy for the Maiden Voyage. When DH first suggested it, I wasn't comfortable with the deposit being non refundable. But then when I decided I wanted to go ahead and just book it, the price for our family had doubled. Oh well....maybe when Disney adds to their fleet (I'm sure they will, right?).

Anyway....also wanted to ask if anyone watched the Fantasy float out last night/this morning? Here's the webcam liink: FANTASY ON WEBCAM

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #39
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckymomoftwo View Post
Anyway....also wanted to ask if anyone watched the Fantasy float out last night/this morning? Here's the webcam liink: FANTASY ON WEBCAM
Welcome to the cruise meet!

I checked out the live cam for the float out, but later enjoyed these videos of the highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVFE6...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC6UM...eature=related

Also a detailed photo gallery here:
http://www.depping-design.de/test/th....php?album=199

Last edited by jcarwash; 01-09-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: added photo gallery link
Old 01-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #40
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinMemories4MyKids View Post
Hi all going to decide today on a stateroom then book. Hard decision...either complete back of boat which has a big verandah BUT has whitewall (I want see through) or 7570 which is midship of boat and close to elevator not whitewall BUT regualr size verandah. Ughhhhhhh I'll be booking with the hopes my girls will be on mid winter recess (2013 calenders aren't out yet) Cruising with~ dh Erik 45, dd Gianna 13,dd Kayla 12 and Linda (me) 47 <<<ages at time of sailing. I'm excited just unsure of stateroom to pick.
Welcome to the cruise meet! Did you figure out your decision? The midship 7570 sounds good to me.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #41
Kate7
Earning My Ears

Ok, that is just way cool seeing our ship float out! Know where the maiden voyage is going from/to? Wouldn't THAT be an awesome trip to be on!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #42
MakinMemories4MyKids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate7 View Post
Ok, that is just way cool seeing our ship float out! Know where the maiden voyage is going from/to? Wouldn't THAT be an awesome trip to be on!
"maiden voyage"?? what's that??

Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #43
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinMemories4MyKids View Post
"maiden voyage"?? what's that??
The maiden voyage the term describing the first official sailing of the ship.

The first official sailing with customers, or the maiden voyage, is March 31 2012 from Port Canaveral on a Western Caribbean itinerary -- the same itinerary our cruise is on. You can still reserve that cruise for about $3,200 per person .

Before that...the Fantasy is sailing to New York City first. No details are out yet about what is going on in NYC; if there were be some kind of preview cruise from there, or just preview events, or what.

Later the Fantasy ends up in Florida, and I've heard that before the maiden voyage there are one or more inaugural cruises with celebrities and for travel agents.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #44
MakinMemories4MyKids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
The maiden voyage the term describing the first official sailing of the ship.

The first official sailing with customers, or the maiden voyage, is March 31 2012 from Port Canaveral on a Western Caribbean itinerary -- the same itinerary our cruise is on. You can still reserve that cruise for about $3,200 per person .

Before that...the Fantasy is sailing to New York City first. No details are out yet about what is going on in NYC; if there were be some kind of preview cruise from there, or just preview events, or what.

Later the Fantasy ends up in Florida, and I've heard that before the maiden voyage there are one or more inaugural cruises with celebrities and for travel agents.
Thanks for the 411 jcarwash, you sure know your stuff

Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #45
MakinMemories4MyKids
Mouseketeer

It's official I booked stateroom 7570
I hate having to wait over a year for this vacation. I wonder how much the same category will be in later months, you knowwww they go up in price I've been on mthe Magic 3 times and my daughters wanted to go on the new ship w/ the water slide/tube. I'm glad I'm not a rookie anymore & know what and how to pack. Geeeeezzzzz...is it really over a year wait???

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: