Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #286
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandj524 View Post
Anyone else see the footage of the Christening? The ship is beautiful
Yes, I enjoyed all the coverage and photos from the christening. Here's a link to the highlights video if you haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3MvV...feature=relmfu

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #287
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandj524 View Post
Anyone else see the footage of the Christening? The ship is beautiful
It just makes it harder to wait

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #288
Steamboat WillyNilly
DIS Veteran

Hello!
We DisPeeps (a group of us that met on the thread leading up to last year's member cruise) are having a DisPeep meet in the Chicago area and are inviting anyone here who would like to attend. We are staying at the Springhill Suites in Schaumburg on May 5th. There is a really good rate on their website! There will be people there from northern Wisconsin to southern Texas and everywhere in between. Ages range from 30s to 50s with a couple children thrown in there too! They happen to be mine. Don't be shy, we didn't know each other till a meet we had last year in February.I hope some of you from this area can attend!

Julio -- Your Lively Liquid Libations Liberator!
When I'm asked if I'm gonna get another dog, all I can think of is "I want mine back!!!".

Steamboat WillyNilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #289
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

I can finally join in and say we are officially booked!!

I actually booked almost 2 months ago but didn't tell DH because he wasn't sure if he wanted to cruise on Disney . We just came back from another cruise and saw both Magic and Dream while in ports, and after talking to many people who raved about Disney, he told me to check prices when we returned home. So I checked yesterday and found that our category had gone up $1200!! He knew I had checked pricing a while ago but didn't know I had booked it. He was thrilled when I told him I already did!!

Anyhow, we are Dawn and Brian and we'll have our youngest DS Matthew with us. He turns 6 the day before we sail on 2/15. We have cruised many times but this is our first Disney cruise. We have an Aft Verandah and are very excited. I have lots of reading to catch up on and lots of Disney research to do.

MatthewsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #290
Steamboat WillyNilly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewsMommy View Post

I actually booked almost 2 months ago but didn't tell DH because he wasn't sure if he wanted to cruise on Disney . We just came back from another cruise and saw both Magic and Dream while in ports, and after talking to many people who raved about Disney, he told me to check prices when we returned home. So I checked yesterday and found that our category had gone up $1200!! He knew I had checked pricing a while ago but didn't know I had booked it. He was thrilled when I told him I already did!!

Anyhow, we are Dawn and Brian and we'll have our youngest DS Matthew with us. He turns 6 the day before we sail on 2/15. We have cruised many times but this is our first Disney cruise. We have an Aft Verandah and are very excited. I have lots of reading to catch up on and lots of Disney research to do.
What floor are you on? We have 5 aft veranda rooms within our group on the 9th and 10th floors.

Julio -- Your Lively Liquid Libations Liberator!
When I'm asked if I'm gonna get another dog, all I can think of is "I want mine back!!!".

Steamboat WillyNilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #291
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

Port Canaveral Webcam has posted that The Fantasy is expected to arrive there tomorrow morning between 5:30 AM - 5:45 AM (EST). They are going to try to have an audio feed as well.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #292
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome!! We are also aft on deck 6!

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
Old 03-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #293
jandj524
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat WillyNilly View Post
What floor are you on? We have 5 aft veranda rooms within our group on the 9th and 10th floors.
We were just in 10660 on the Dream - loved the verandah, the lounge chairs and the views at Castaway Cay!! Those of you in the aft verandahs enjoy! We have a 4E extended verandah on deck 5 this time.
jandj524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #294
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are in 6690. I read about (and saw) how the flag does obstruct the balcony but since it's only out in port, I didn't think we'd mind.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #295
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are in 6690. I read about (and saw) how the flag does obstruct the balcony but since it's only out in port, I didn't think we'd mind.
You are just down the hall from us!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #296
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Disney Parks' official Port Canaveral photo

Click the photo for a link to the original, where you can also download a full high resolution version.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #297
MatthewsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Click the photo for a link to the original, where you can also download a full high resolution version.

Love this! Thanks for sharing. I'm starting to look through all the pics/video I can find.

Is anyone else keeping this trip a surprise for the kids? I think I read already that a few of you are waiting until Christmas. I'm hoping to surprise him on his Birthday but doubt I'll make it that far, seeing as we'll be flying to Orlando on his Birthday.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #298
Truffle
I'm sweet, or a rare fungi. You decide!

Quote:
Hello!
We DisPeeps (a group of us that met on the thread leading up to last year's member cruise) are having a DisPeep meet in the Chicago area and are inviting anyone here who would like to attend. We are staying at the Springhill Suites in Schaumburg on May 5th. There is a really good rate on their website! There will be people there from northern Wisconsin to southern Texas and everywhere in between. Ages range from 30s to 50s with a couple children thrown in there too! They happen to be mine. Don't be shy, we didn't know each other till a meet we had last year in February.I hope some of you from this area can attend!
I believe that we (Dan and Sue) will make it there! Should be fun!

The more, the merrier!
MK Dec '73 * CBR Jan '90 * POFQ May '94, Jan '06, Jan '09, Feb '10 * AKL May '10, Sept '10 * Pop Century Sept '10, Nov '10 * BWV Jan '11 * Ireland Mar '11 (How did THAT get in there?!?!) * AK Kidani Sept '11 * SSMC Sept '11 *BLT Sept '11 * AK Kidani Jan '12 * AK Kidani Nov '12 * Pop Century Feb '13 * DISpeeps Mini Member Cruise Feb '13! * AK Jambo CL Feb '13! (Whoo-hoo! Thanks Junior!) *
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #299
DizJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Is anyone else keeping this trip a surprise for the kids? I think I read already that a few of you are waiting until Christmas. I'm hoping to surprise him on his Birthday but doubt I'll make it that far, seeing as we'll be flying to Orlando on his Birthday.
We are trying to wait until Christmas. wrap up a few door magnets or the fish extender

Me DW DS (10) DD (7)

DizJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #300
threeboysny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizJohn View Post
We are trying to wait until Christmas. wrap up a few door magnets or the fish extender
I am also hoping to keep it a surprise. DH started to tell one of the boys last night, and I stopped him before it got out. They have been talking about the Fantasy daily since we got off the Wonder a week and a half ago. Hopefully we'll be able to wait until Christmas, but I don't know. I almost let it slip today when my oldest asked how we would work KTTW cards if we weren't all in the same room.
threeboysny is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: