Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #106
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akima View Post
is that a no?? (regarding if our cruise has a name)
Akima, and others. Any ideas on a cruise name? Seems that the 'pirates' theme has been worked to death, but for a good reason. IT'S FUN!!

Let's see, statue in atrium is Donald, figures on back of ship are Sorcerer Mickey and brooms. Name is "Dream" . . .
Old 07-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #107
ajwiseman09
Earning My Ears

sjsj: So happy to finally see another cruiser on deck 5!! Looks like you are going to be two state rooms down from us! Look forwarding to bumping into you! We were in 5042 last time and loved it because of the extended decks.

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
2006-Offsite (3)
10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 60
ajwiseman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #108
cherylp3
Florida Resident

I Have to say I loved deck 5 , loved always passing the kids club.
The only drawback is that my room was above evolution, It wasn't too noisy thank goodness.
So far I've been on deck 5 (lou cruise #1) deck 6 (Oct 2011 cruise) and deck 9 (May 2011 cruise).
In Nov. we have the same category but on different sides of the ship, it should be interesting.

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #109
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Maybe our theme can be something simple like ("A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" or " A Dream Come True")

Only thing I can come up with...

Keep the Magic Alive!
disneygal6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #111
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

I like that one! I had another idea: What about "Dreaming of Disney"?

Keep the Magic Alive!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #112
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Could someone clarify something for me about the FE exchange? Lou's group (the WDW Radio group) is also doing a FE exchange and we have people on here who are also part of that group (myself included). So should we just do everyone once (that seems most fair) regardless of which group they are with? Sorry for the questions but this is our first Disney cruise and I'm just so excited and overwhelmed!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #113
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I think as long as you give everyone in both groups(if you belong to both) at least something, it would be fine. Most likely you would be giving double of something anyways.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #114
ajwiseman09
Earning My Ears

Question. Will there be a cutoff point for the list? My gifts I am making have peoples names on them and I don't want to split the list and then end up with gifts for the other list. I don't know if this makes sense. I guess I will just hold off on making the gifts until I get closer.

Almost to the 100 day mark!!

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
2006-Offsite (3)
10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 60
ajwiseman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #115
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Refering to the post regarding Lou's exchange, I dissagree. I believe that if you are a part of two groups, you should give out 2 seperate gifts. My family and I are signed up for both, and we have 2 COMPLETELY different ideas that we are going to put into play. This group is getting one thing, and the WDW Radio group is getting another.

Keep the Magic Alive!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #116
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesblonde View Post
Could someone clarify something for me about the FE exchange? Lou's group (the WDW Radio group) is also doing a FE exchange and we have people on here who are also part of that group (myself included). So should we just do everyone once (that seems most fair) regardless of which group they are with? Sorry for the questions but this is our first Disney cruise and I'm just so excited and overwhelmed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I think as long as you give everyone in both groups(if you belong to both) at least something, it would be fine. Most likely you would be giving double of something anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal6568 View Post
Refering to the post regarding Lou's exchange, I dissagree. I believe that if you are a part of two groups, you should give out 2 seperate gifts. My family and I are signed up for both, and we have 2 COMPLETELY different ideas that we are going to put into play. This group is getting one thing, and the WDW Radio group is getting another.
If you are part of both groups, you only need to give one gift per stateroom. The gifts can be the same for each group, different for each group or different for each stateroom. What ever you desire. You don't have to give two gifts to a stateroom if they are part of this group AND Lou's group. One gift from you is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwiseman09 View Post
Question. Will there be a cutoff point for the list? My gifts I am making have peoples names on them and I don't want to split the list and then end up with gifts for the other list. I don't know if this makes sense. I guess I will just hold off on making the gifts until I get closer.

Almost to the 100 day mark!!
There will be a cutoff probably around two months out (August 31st sound good?) This will allow latecomers to the group time to join, but still leave time to make the gifts. I don't know if this helps you, Alyssa, but I'm hoping that you could get the 'base' gifts started and personalize all at the end. Not sure what you're planning though!

Hakuna Matata - this is for FUN - don't sweat over it.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #117
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I know on the last cruise, (and the cruise my friend went on and joined FE)many people joined that last month. I would say if we get a bunch who join after the cut off mark then they can start their own group then.
Plus, this is for fun, but I don't want to break the bank, and if we get 15 to 20 more people that can get quite costly.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #118
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I know on the last cruise, (and the cruise my friend went on and joined FE)many people joined that last month. I would say if we get a bunch who join after the cut off mark then they can start their own group then.
Plus, this is for fun, but I don't want to break the bank, and if we get 15 to 20 more people that can get quite costly.
I've always split the list in two when we get over 20 staterooms. You can then deliver to just your list or to everyone, but at LEAST to your list.

I always feel a little bad about the folks that want to join in after the cutoff, but I guess they can do their own thing if they want. I've only seen two people want to join after the cutoff though - and that was on 3 different cruises, so it shouldn't affect too many. We can also shorten the cutoff to maybe 6 weeks or so if everyone agrees.

How about a 'latecomers' list that we can deliver to if we're able? Like you (Jen) said, they can have their own group, and we can deliver if we'd like. Some of my gifts are easy to make, and I can always pop a few more out.

Thoughts?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #119
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPA View Post
I've always split the list in two when we get over 20 staterooms. You can then deliver to just your list or to everyone, but at LEAST to your list.

I always feel a little bad about the folks that want to join in after the cutoff, but I guess they can do their own thing if they want. I've only seen two people want to join after the cutoff though - and that was on 3 different cruises, so it shouldn't affect too many. We can also shorten the cutoff to maybe 6 weeks or so if everyone agrees.

How about a 'latecomers' list that we can deliver to if we're able? Like you (Jen) said, they can have their own group, and we can deliver if we'd like. Some of my gifts are easy to make, and I can always pop a few more out.

Thoughts?
I like this idea

Keep the Magic Alive!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: