Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #422
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Watching "The Boys" in honor of the cruise.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #423
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisare
Thanks John. Well Sandy has given me the next two days off with the kids. I'll finally have the time to pack. I some how have to do it without letting the kids know. Taking the kids out of school early on Friday and telling them that the weather has been awful so lets go south. They'll have an hour to pack & we're outta here. Not telling them about the cruise til we get on the bus Sunday morning.
That is a great idea! I love it. I am sure they won't suspect anything.

Keep the Magic Alive!
disneygal6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:55 AM   #424
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Sandy is about to hit us. Being 30 miles north of Philadelphia, it looks like it's going to roll right over us. Already the wind has picked up and it's raining. Now I'm worried that wind damage or a tree on the car will keep us from being able to get out of here on time. We're planning on driving down Friday and arriving Saturday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no storm damage that will keep us from some time in the sun.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #425
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

It is with a huge disappointment that I regret to inform you that I don't think we will be able to make the cruise. We were scheduled to leave tomorrow and are in the process of cancelling everything today (two WDW stays and the cruise, rental car, dining, etc.). I'm still processing it all as it has happened within the last 12 hours, so I don't want to share any details. Do know that no one is sick or in the hospital or anything of that sort. We are on the west coast an unaffected by Sandy, as well. There are just some other personal things that you cannot plan for. We are waiting to hear back from our travel agent currently.

I apologize specifically for everyone in the FE group. I did make and do have gifts for all of you and am willing to ship them out to you at my cost. I do not expect anything in return. Please PM me your address and I will send them out as soon as I can. I'm really sorry.
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston

Last edited by hurleysweety; 10-30-2012 at 11:57 AM.
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #426
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
It is with a huge disappointment that I regret to inform you that I don't think we will be able to make the cruise. We were scheduled to leave tomorrow and are in the process of cancelling everything today (two WDW stays and the cruise, rental car, dining, etc.). I'm still processing it all as it has happened within the last 12 hours, so I don't want to share any details. Do know that no one is sick or in the hospital or anything of that sort. We are on the west coast an unaffected by Sandy, as well. There are just some other personal things that you cannot plan for. We are waiting to hear back from our travel agent currently.

I apologize specifically for everyone in the FE group. I did make and do have gifts for all of you and am willing to ship them out to you at my cost. I do not expect anything in return. Please PM me your address and I will send them out as soon as I can. I'm really sorry.
I'm so sorry. If you want to ship all your FE's to AKL by Friday in my name, I can get them and deliver them all for you.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #427
lisare
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That's awful. I do hope everything is ok and or will be. Praying for you & your situation whatever it may be.
Finally took the kids trial run - 3day Wonder April 2007, They loved it lets do the double dip -Special 5day Magic Sept. 2008, We need a break from the cold - 4day Wonder Jan 2009, We are ready for the World!!! Taking the kids for the 1st time - 7days BLT Oct 2009,
5 day getaway just the two of us- Wonder June 2010,
5day double dip - Magic January 2011, The four of us are Dreaming - 5day double dip The DREAM Aug 2011, Couples Getaway - 3day Dream Dec 2011
lisare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #428
lisare
Mouseketeer

Survived Sandy and was able to pack. They moved our trick or treating to Saturday. Hope the kids aren't too upset that they'll miss it. Now if they can get everything up and running at the Philly airport by Friday we'll be on our way to AKV.
Finally took the kids trial run - 3day Wonder April 2007, They loved it lets do the double dip -Special 5day Magic Sept. 2008, We need a break from the cold - 4day Wonder Jan 2009, We are ready for the World!!! Taking the kids for the 1st time - 7days BLT Oct 2009,
5 day getaway just the two of us- Wonder June 2010,
5day double dip - Magic January 2011, The four of us are Dreaming - 5day double dip The DREAM Aug 2011, Couples Getaway - 3day Dream Dec 2011
lisare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #429
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisare View Post
Survived Sandy and was able to pack. They moved our trick or treating to Saturday. Hope the kids aren't too upset that they'll miss it. Now if they can get everything up and running at the Philly airport by Friday we'll be on our way to AKV.
I'm at AKV on Friday too. In Jambo and doing the halloween party.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #430
mandyjean
Earning My Ears

I'm so sorry. I hope that things turn our well whatever the situation may be.
mandyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #431
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Quote:

So sorry to hear that.

Keep the Magic Alive!
disneygal6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #432
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I'm so sorry. If you want to ship all your FE's to AKL by Friday in my name, I can get them and deliver them all for you.
I will send you a PM. For obvious reasons, I'm going to do myself a favor and stay off the boards for awhile. I'm sure you can all understand.

Thanks for the hugs everyone. I hope you all have a great cruise and vacation.
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #433
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Quote:

Sorry to hear about that. I hope whatever is going on works out for you.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #434
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisare View Post
We survived too, Lisa. STILL don't have power, but power or not, we're outta here Friday morning after dropping the dog off at the groomer for his vacation. Only missing a few shingles on the roof, but it was the second roof, and the first is still OK in that area. Made it in to work in Philly today, trains are slow and off schedule, but running. Hope we have power when I get home so I don't have to pack by flashlight!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #435
zealandsmom
DIS Veteran

Three sleeps!!!!!
zealandsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: