Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #391
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
We've rented bikes before on Castaway Cay but I'm having a hard time remembering what we did with our stuff. I just googled a map and didn't see any lockers listed. Do you have a backpacy type of bag that you can use?

You don't need to bring any towels with you off the ship they are already on the island just waiting for you.

Do you geocache? A friend of ours had a GPS and there were a couple of locations listed for Castaway Cay. We used the bikes and were able to find two of them. It was a great way to spend the day.
DH will have his backpack - so maybe we'll use that over my usual tote. Or we'll use our cinchpack that we take to the parks. Thanks for the suggestion!

But wait...if we can google a map...do you mean I'll have access to the internet on the island on my phone???
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:14 AM   #392
PKK/MJK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
It's been forever since I posted here and I feel like I should go back and read the entire thread to try and remember who everyone is.

We are also doing the budget minded cruise (unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any discounts) so you'll find us lounging on the deck in the Adult area (or on my one splurge day at the Rainforest room - Nassau day probably).

We are also doing the WDW Radio group so I just imagine that we'll do those activities and then relaxing and chatting with our Disney friends.

I'm waiting for my hubby to print off my decorations for the door so I can finish them up. We were only able to participate in one FE group so we did the WDW Radio one and I spent last weekend making the items, I just now have to do some minor work on each one to make it perfect.

We leave in 17 days according to my countdown calendar.

Is anyone else going to any of the New Fantasyland previews before the cruise? I was really lucky and was able to get some D23 passes for 11/3. Can't wait to see it all!!!

We are doing a preview tour on 10/28. Our DD (a WDW CM) has had several previews since she works at MK. She is taking us on a CM preview tour that day. She is raving about it.
For those interested, according to people at the park, there is a soft opening most days, so you may be able to see the new addiitions prior to the grand opening.

WDW--82,83,85,87,89,93,95,96, 97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12
DVC/OKW
PKK/MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #393
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKK/MJK View Post
We are doing a preview tour on 10/28. Our DD (a WDW CM) has had several previews since she works at MK. She is taking us on a CM preview tour that day. She is raving about it.
For those interested, according to people at the park, there is a soft opening most days, so you may be able to see the new addiitions prior to the grand opening.
I was sooo hoping for soft openings! We'll be at WDW before and after the cruise, so we're hoping to have the chance to at least see the be our guest restaurant in person. (And if they happen to need people to...ya know...train servers or sample food for quality, I guess I'll just have to take one for the team and volunteer! )
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
Old 10-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #394
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Anyone renting a car for before/after our cruise at MCO?

Alamo rates have dropped quite a bit. We have a rental now for 11 days for $179. We used Southwest ID 7015765 and coupon code AD2335FDC. It is still more than what we paid last year, but the rates have been steady around $400-500 for the past 8 weeks!
Old 10-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #396
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
Anyone renting a car for before/after our cruise at MCO?

Alamo rates have dropped quite a bit. We have a rental now for 11 days for $179. We used Southwest ID 7015765 and coupon code AD2335FDC. It is still more than what we paid last year, but the rates have been steady around $400-500 for the past 8 weeks!
Dollar dropped too today.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #397
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Two weeks until sailing! We are getting so excited!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #399
sjsjbrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Don't forget that Sunday, the 4th we have to set our clocks back 1 hour too.
That excites me that I have an extra hour to sleep and get breakfast and get to the port!!!
sjsjbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #400
beatlesblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Don't forget that Sunday, the 4th we have to set our clocks back 1 hour too.
Thanks for the reminder! We'll change ours before we leave on the 3rd here at home. Then I'll have to change is my watch (and the clock in our room) Saturday night, my phone will automatically change. Love getting the extra hour of sleep!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #401
zealandsmom
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone early voted!!!! 2 weeks!!!! Yippee!! (Tell we board not vote! Lol)
zealandsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #402
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

We leave in 9 days for WDW! YIKES! The suitcase is in the room and my FE is almost finished (my first sewing project, ever!!!). I just need to package my FE gifts and get them packed safely. Early ballots are on the counter ready to be filled out, cruise docs are ready and just need to be printed. Didn't get much vacation stuff done this weekend as my MIL has been staying with us for the past few days. Glad she is here, but ready to start making my house look like crazy mess because it means I'll be getting things ready.

I've already spent way too much time shopping the past few weekends at all kinds of stores and finding nothing (apparently swimsuits are sold out everywhere and I live in Arizona where it is still 90 degrees outside). So I've resorted to buying a couple things online and hoping it arrives it time (and fits...!).

Hope everyone is having fun packing!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:33 AM   #403
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Yeah....I'm not really feeling it... Not really interested in cruising anymore.
Don't really wanna go on this vacation... We had to put our Dog that we had for 12+ years down on Friday and I am still grieving the loss of her terribly. Today was the first day I left the house since then and only because one of my best friends was unrelenting and I knew she wasn't going to leave me alone until she got me out of the house, so I left for awhile so she would back off for awhile...

I'm glad when the better rates came out I was able to rebook a cat 4. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the cabin. I really don't feel very social. I'm just so sad...

I REALLY hope we get our own table for dinner. I'm just not up for small talk. I'd prefer to do room service but I have a feeling this is going to cause fights between me & DH. Actually, I probably will eat very little, I haven't eaten hardly at all since she's been gone. Sometimes, I think she's at my mom's and I just need to go pick her up, like we just got back for vacation because that's where she would stay when we would go away...

We leave for POP next Wednesday...I am so afraid they are going to put us in the 50's section with the big statue of Lady...sigh... I fear everywhere I turn I will see a reminder of her.

Thanks for listening...

Amber Always in Our Hearts!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:11 AM   #404
beatlesblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Don't really wanna go on this vacation... We had to put our Dog that we had for 12+ years down on Friday and I am still grieving the loss of her terribly. Today was the first day I left the house since then and only because one of my best friends was unrelenting and I knew she wasn't going to leave me alone until she got me out of the house, so I left for awhile so she would back off for awhile...

I'm glad when the better rates came out I was able to rebook a cat 4. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the cabin. I really don't feel very social. I'm just so sad...

I REALLY hope we get our own table for dinner. I'm just not up for small talk. I'd prefer to do room service but I have a feeling this is going to cause fights between me & DH. Actually, I probably will eat very little, I haven't eaten hardly at all since she's been gone. Sometimes, I think she's at my mom's and I just need to go pick her up, like we just got back for vacation because that's where she would stay when we would go away...

We leave for POP next Wednesday...I am so afraid they are going to put us in the 50's section with the big statue of Lady...sigh... I fear everywhere I turn I will see a reminder of her.

Thanks for listening...

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. It's always tough when you lose someone you love. My husband's grandfather passed away two weeks ago. You might be surprised and going on this cruise may help more than you think. I say go at your own pace. If you don't feel like eating in the dining rooms then order room service. Hopefully your husband will understand and won't try and push you if you aren't comfortable. If they try and put you in the 50's section at Pop request and see if they can move you. Good luck to you and hope you find some enjoyment from your vacation.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #405
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post

Thanks for listening...

Oh that is so sad to hear. I'm so sorry for your loss. We had to put down our family dog last spring that we had for almost 12 years and I still miss him. I know that it is different for everyone, but I remember a lot of those same feelings.

Sending hugs and pixie dust your way for the room location at POP, ease of travel, your own table, and just some healing and relaxation on the cruise.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: