Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #376
PKK/MJK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalKitty1326 View Post
Good evening friends? i am curious as to who is confirmed for Lou Mongello's WDW Cruise 2.0. my hubby and I are booked for those dates (the Dream on Nov 4 for 4 nights). in order to attend we had to use DVC points, so unfortunatly we are not eligible for his "extras". anyone else sailing on this?
it will be our second Disney Cruise. our first being the August weekend getaway on the Magic
Hi, We are part of the WDW Radio group. Since our DD lives in Fl we were able to get the Fl resident discounted rate. We are also DVC members and had debated using points for the cruise as we were on cruise 1.0. We will probably use the points for his 1 week cruise next year.

WDW--82,83,85,87,89,93,95,96, 97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12
DVC/OKW
PKK/MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:35 AM   #377
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPA View Post
We just received our absentee ballots yesterday. Guess I ought to get to it and send them. But more importantly . . . I NEED TO START ON THE FE STUFF! Gonna be a race to the wire.

(I'm too excited to sleep!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starch139 View Post
I voted today since on election day I will be on the beach at Castaway Cay!
Ours are sitting on the counter! (Amongst too many other Saturday errand bags...and lots of "stuff" for FE...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappygrrl View Post
Hi everyone! I just booked this cruise 2 days ago for myself, DH and DS 8 and DS4. - soooo unlike me, I am a consummate planner. Were NJ people, so we've had this week ear-marked for vacation since June. Our original plan (and original flights) were to fly to MCO, have three nights at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal, and then drive to Marco Island and do 4 nights there. About a month ago, I started to get dis-enchanted with the beach part of our vacation. I wasn't thrilled with the hotel I had booked (trying to save $$) and then when I decided to book the hotel I really wanted, it was sold out. I also was starting to fear I had greatly underestimated our food costs, and cost for any excursions we wanted to do.
Last month I spotted a great rate on an IGT for the Dream but flight times were not working out. (Also DH was NOT onboard with the plan - he really wanted to see "real Florida", and he is afraid that after going on DCL we'll be too spoiled to go back to NCL, our usual line!)
Then 2 days ago, the Dream had VGT rates and the flight times were doable (not fabulous mind you, but doable). Somehow I caught my husband in a weak moment and he said, "Go for it!"

So, now our plan is PHL-> TPA on the 3rd, drive to Universal and spend the afternoon there. Stay at the Wingate near Universal, and drive to port next day - Planning on using Park N Cruise or Radisson (anyone else??).
No excursions planned, and thinking of heading to Junkanoo beach for just a few hours in Nassau (let me know if anyone wants to come with us - not expecting much except free beach and a view of the ship!)

Hoping to disembark first thing on Thursday so we can head over to the Hard Rock and have most of Thursday and Friday to enjoy the rest of Universal and the Hard Rock pool.
Can anyone confirm that we can self-disemark with our own luggage ( not having to put it out the pm before?).
Then Sat am we drive back to TPA - this is where the flights get wonky, I was able to switch my husband and son's flight easily to our desired flight time out of TPA, but when I went to switch the final reservation (mine!), the point cost doubled and I don't have enough points to get on. I know I can buy points, but it would be $150 and my budget is at it's ABSOLUTE limit. So, I fly home 6 hours later. Eh, there are worse thing, right? I keep checking the flight, hoping the points will come down and I will get on with them.

Whew! Wrote a book!

Cannot wait! 22 days!!!

Edited to add UPDATE: I just checked the flights again and I got on the flight with my husband and kids!!! Yay!!!!!
Yay! You found us! Welcome!

Glad to hear you got flights switched - gotta be such a relief!

Not sure I can answer many of your questions as I'm a total cruise newb! But I'm learning lots from asking questions and reading other trip reports.

I think we are going to use off site parking too. But if our rental car rate goes down, the extra money saved might go to parking at the port. Seems so crazy to pay for a rental car to be parked, but its almost double to do two separate reservations, or to do one reservation and then pay for transfers.

As for Nassau, I think we are going to do a short walking tour since its just me and my DH - hoping that goes ok...haha. I've heard good reviews about that beach though - and I hear its really close to the ship!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #378
Scrappygrrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
I think we are going to use off site parking too. But if our rental car rate goes down, the extra money saved might go to parking at the port. Seems so crazy to pay for a rental car to be parked, but its almost double to do two separate reservations, or to do one reservation and then pay for transfers.
Thanks for pointing me here! I am literally bouncing with excitement! We're not cruise newbies, but DCL virgins for sure :-) There are definitely some differences! I promised my husband I would keep the price as low as possible, hence no excursions on Nassau, but I have to at least spend an hour or 2 at a beach, just hoping the vendors aren't too, too pesky.
Also, the reason for off-site parking. I really would love the convenience of parking right there, because we want to get off the ship first thing because we want to get started right away at Universal Studios that am. We'll see!

Link to our 2011 WDW video trip report!!!
http://youtu.be/dAW169ICAJE

Past Trips:
3/95 Dixie Landings, 9/99 POFQ, 11/09 CSR, 11/11 SVR (WDW), 11/12 DCL Dream/HRH, 11/13 DCL Magic,
February 27, 2014 - 3-night Disney Magic + 1 day at DHS - Celebrating 40
Scrappygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #379
ajwiseman09
Earning My Ears

I cannot believe that we are getting so close! 18 days from today and we will be leaving and 20 days from today we will be cruising.

FE gifts are done and packed and so are our door decorations!

I am thinking of going to the spa one day if anyone would like to join me! I would love to meet with some people who also want to relax. Not quite sure what day, but just planning on doing the day spa. Maybe during our Nassau day after we have the Richard Sherman (WDWRadio Group) event.

Let the packing begin!

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
2006-Offsite (3)
10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 60
ajwiseman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #380
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwiseman09 View Post
I cannot believe that we are getting so close! 18 days from today and we will be leaving and 20 days from today we will be cruising.

I am thinking of going to the spa one day if anyone would like to join me! I would love to meet with some people who also want to relax. Not quite sure what day, but just planning on doing the day spa. Maybe during our Nassau day after we have the Richard Sherman (WDWRadio Group) event.

Let the packing begin!

So jealous that your FE gifts and door decorations are already done! Congrats on that!

Day at the spa sounds amazing, but probably not doable on this trip with all the other things we are doing.

And the packing will begin very very soon! Just need to get the suitcase...ya know...minor detail!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
Old 10-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #381
ondeegoh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwiseman09 View Post

Let the packing begin!
20 days?!? Is that all the time we have left of waiting? woohoo!!! Although I am still busy with school that I can't celebrate just yet - still having to write a final paper that is due this week..aaggghh!!

But...FE's are done! I had so much fun putting it together - seeing that it's our first Disney cruise, thus first time with FE's. My husband is actually shaking his head at me commenting that I spent too much time making them "FOR SOMEONE ELSE." I told him I didn't care - it was fun and I was having fun.
I did decide not to make my own fish extender so I just forked up the bucks and ordering from etsy, and it looks good! I also ended up making my own door magnets - just to see for myself how they're done, so I think we're set!

I haven't yet told my girls that we're going on a cruise. They think we're going to meet up with cousins at Cocoa Beach for a couple of days and then visit WDW - so I know they'll be super excited when they find out we're actually be boarding the ship instead! While they are not truly Disney fans I do know that they love cruising - plus they know about the Aquaduck. I can't wait to try that one.

Since I will be a solo parent I do plan on spending some time at the spa. I'm thinking of purchasing the Rain Forest package for those days when the kids are in their clubs and I'm left to my own devices - namely the big movie screen or the ebook.

DCL Dream Nov 2012
CCL Dream Aug 2012
RCI Serenade OTS Aug 2010
ondeegoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #382
mandyjean
Earning My Ears

spa time

Thinking of going to the spa the day we are at sea.
mandyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #383
mandyjean
Earning My Ears

This cruise better come fast...I'm so excited! .....and I keep thinking of things to add to my fish extenders...I will be broke if I don't stop soon!
mandyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #384
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

It's been forever since I posted here and I feel like I should go back and read the entire thread to try and remember who everyone is.

We are also doing the budget minded cruise (unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any discounts) so you'll find us lounging on the deck in the Adult area (or on my one splurge day at the Rainforest room - Nassau day probably).

We are also doing the WDW Radio group so I just imagine that we'll do those activities and then relaxing and chatting with our Disney friends.

I'm waiting for my hubby to print off my decorations for the door so I can finish them up. We were only able to participate in one FE group so we did the WDW Radio one and I spent last weekend making the items, I just now have to do some minor work on each one to make it perfect.

We leave in 17 days according to my countdown calendar.

Is anyone else going to any of the New Fantasyland previews before the cruise? I was really lucky and was able to get some D23 passes for 11/3. Can't wait to see it all!!!

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #385
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
It's been forever since I posted here and I feel like I should go back and read the entire thread to try and remember who everyone is.

We are also doing the budget minded cruise (unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any discounts) so you'll find us lounging on the deck in the Adult area (or on my one splurge day at the Rainforest room - Nassau day probably).

We are also doing the WDW Radio group so I just imagine that we'll do those activities and then relaxing and chatting with our Disney friends.

I'm waiting for my hubby to print off my decorations for the door so I can finish them up. We were only able to participate in one FE group so we did the WDW Radio one and I spent last weekend making the items, I just now have to do some minor work on each one to make it perfect.

We leave in 17 days according to my countdown calendar.

Is anyone else going to any of the New Fantasyland previews before the cruise? I was really lucky and was able to get some D23 passes for 11/3. Can't wait to see it all!!!

I would LOOOVE to see the Fantasyland preview, but we are no longer part of any group that would allow us to see it! We might be in MK on Nov 3 - so we'll see you enjoy from afar! Such a bummer...two years of DLR Premium APs and one year of Premier, and a year of TiW, and nothing that worked or available... We keep telling each other that we picked the wrong year. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #386
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

If DH and decide to rent bikes on Castaway Cay, after we've been to the beach in the morning, than what would we do with our bag? Would we need to bring it back to the ship first?

And also, I should probably know this, but do we bring towels off the ship?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #387
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

We've rented bikes before on Castaway Cay but I'm having a hard time remembering what we did with our stuff. I just googled a map and didn't see any lockers listed. Do you have a backpacy type of bag that you can use?

You don't need to bring any towels with you off the ship they are already on the island just waiting for you.

Do you geocache? A friend of ours had a GPS and there were a couple of locations listed for Castaway Cay. We used the bikes and were able to find two of them. It was a great way to spend the day.

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #388
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety
If DH and decide to rent bikes on Castaway Cay, after we've been to the beach in the morning, than what would we do with our bag? Would we need to bring it back to the ship first?

And also, I should probably know this, but do we bring towels off the ship?
After you disembark onto CC, there will be CMs handing out towels. I would suggest grabbing an extra or two (for a family) as we could not find them anywhere else once we were out on the island when you really needed them. Unless someone else can share where maybe they 'hide' them!

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #389
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

I can't believe how close we are. After this weekend we are so ready for a relaxing vacation. I need to do laundry but DH said I could start packing! I need to finish the FE gifts too. So much to do!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #390
Scrappygrrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
We've rented bikes before on Castaway Cay but I'm having a hard time remembering what we did with our stuff. I just googled a map and didn't see any lockers listed. Do you have a backpacy type of bag that you can use?

You don't need to bring any towels with you off the ship they are already on the island just waiting for you.

Do you geocache? A friend of ours had a GPS and there were a couple of locations listed for Castaway Cay. We used the bikes and were able to find two of them. It was a great way to spend the day.

Wow - thanks for the geocaching tip! I never would have thought of doing it on Castaway Cay! My kids love geoccahing, so this should be neat!

Link to our 2011 WDW video trip report!!!
http://youtu.be/dAW169ICAJE

Past Trips:
3/95 Dixie Landings, 9/99 POFQ, 11/09 CSR, 11/11 SVR (WDW), 11/12 DCL Dream/HRH, 11/13 DCL Magic,
February 27, 2014 - 3-night Disney Magic + 1 day at DHS - Celebrating 40
Scrappygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: