Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #316
ondeegoh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamon_girl View Post
If any of you made last minute reservations for this cruise and would like to be part of a small FE group, I would like to put together one for those that missed the cut off for the first group.

On the cruise I have Myself, DH, DS (13), DD (11) and DS (8). We were in a FE group our last Dream cruise and our kids would be extremely disappointed if we were not part of one this cruise, it was one of their highlights coming back to the room and finding new treasures in the bag.

If anyone is interested, please PM me or post here. I know the cruise is quickly approaching!! I'm thinking we keep it simple but fun for all!

OR, if you are part of the original FE group and have some extra goodies for the FE, I will gladly reciprocate with just your family. I just want to work a little magic for my kids.

Thanks!
Karen
Hello! Last minute change of plans for us! We were originally booked for Jan 2013 but the prices were too good to pass up so now our Disney cruise is moved up to 4 Nov. This will be our first time on a Disney cruise and during my earlier "trolls" I keep reading about FEs. I think my kids would love it and I'd like to sign up of for FE 2 group if still possible. I know I don't have much time but I suppose the group is not so large yet that it is still doable.
BTW - cruisers will be me (mom), DD11, DS6 and DD13 - yup! solo parent for this cruise. I'm still waiting for teacher concurrence to take my DD13 out of school for 3 days since they don't have school Mon-Tue anyway. I know the kids have heard me talk about the cruise but I don't think they know it's coming up - and quick! I may just keep it a surprise. It's also a gift for my DS6 who will be turning 7 right before Thanksgiving - and it will be his first cruise. I hope he loves it. We have a GTY cabin so no assignment yet. I'm really looking forward to this cruise and I think it still has not hit me that it is coming up --- FAST!

DCL Dream Nov 2012
CCL Dream Aug 2012
RCI Serenade OTS Aug 2010
ondeegoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #317
ColonFamilia
Mouseketeer

Hooray! Welcome aboard and glad to have you in FE! That makes five (including John)...anyone else wanna join?!
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #318
lilStitch
Earning My Ears

DCP was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
And Better Yet, Monday we found out that our oldest DD will be participating in the DCP Spring 2013 program!!!! So now I have to plan to return to Disney in late Jan/early Feb to help her settle in for the program. She is take her vehicle down so we don't want her driving that far alone... Wow and then I'm definitely going to have to go back to visit her!!! She is doing the extended program so she will be there for 7 months. I can hardly believe that I'm going to be the mom of a Disney Cast Member!! I am so excited for her!
That's awesome she is doing the DCP. I did the DCP in Fall 2007 and it was awesome! I wanted to bring my car, and my dad didn't want me to make the drive alone so we had a really fun road trip My parents visited quite a few times and ended up becoming DVC members, I went home when it was over, couldn't stay away (plus I had met my eventual husband and couldn't be away from him) I came back was offered full time and have been here ever since! Now, my little sister has followed and completed her DCP and decided to stay as well Disney sure knows how to pull you in!
lilStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #319
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondeegoh View Post
Hello! Last minute change of plans for us! We were originally booked for Jan 2013 but the prices were too good to pass up so now our Disney cruise is moved up to 4 Nov. This will be our first time on a Disney cruise and during my earlier "trolls" I keep reading about FEs. I think my kids would love it and I'd like to sign up of for FE 2 group if still possible. I know I don't have much time but I suppose the group is not so large yet that it is still doable.
BTW - cruisers will be me (mom), DD11, DS6 and DD13 - yup! solo parent for this cruise. I'm still waiting for teacher concurrence to take my DD13 out of school for 3 days since they don't have school Mon-Tue anyway. I know the kids have heard me talk about the cruise but I don't think they know it's coming up - and quick! I may just keep it a surprise. It's also a gift for my DS6 who will be turning 7 right before Thanksgiving - and it will be his first cruise. I hope he loves it. We have a GTY cabin so no assignment yet. I'm really looking forward to this cruise and I think it still has not hit me that it is coming up --- FAST!
Putting you on the spreadsheet for group 2. Can I have some names in case people want to personalize the gifts? Also need your stateroom number so we know where to drop off the goodies.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #320
ondeegoh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPA View Post
Putting you on the spreadsheet for group 2. Can I have some names in case people want to personalize the gifts? Also need your stateroom number so we know where to drop off the goodies.
Sure thing! we don't have our stateroom assigned yet. we have GTY - i'm hoping we get an assignment sooner than boarding day.

Our party includes me, Cecilia, Taylor (13F), Rebecca (11F), and Donovan (6M).

I'm getting more and more excited as I think about this upcoming cruise!

DCL Dream Nov 2012
CCL Dream Aug 2012
Old 09-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #321
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Sure thing! we don't have our stateroom assigned yet. we have GTY - i'm hoping we get an assignment sooner than boarding day.

Our party includes me, Cecilia, Taylor (13F), Rebecca (11F), and Donovan (6M).

I'm getting more and more excited as I think about this upcoming cruise!
Got you all squared away.

We have all the materials for our gifts (well ALMOST). Time to get working on them!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #322
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPA View Post
Got you all squared away.

We have all the materials for our gifts (well ALMOST). Time to get working on them!
Oh, so I can't just spend forever buying stuff, I actually have to sit down and make them eventually? Maybe just one more trip to Joann's...
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #323
mandyjean
Earning My Ears

I was having trouble coming up with ideas, now I have so many ideas I have to narrow it down. Have to get going on actaually producing...less than 40 days! Can't wait!
mandyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #324
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Mine (well the supplies) have taken over our kitchen table. I better start putting them together before DH starts wondering if I'm opening up my own craft store instead

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #325
ondeegoh
Earning My Ears

FEs

well..after much perusing through the internet I think I've decided on my FE gifts and have started to make a few as a "prototype." BTW -- do they have to be homemade or can they be store-bought?

so far all 3 kids are unaware that we are going on a cruise in November. They see me making the crafts but they think it's for something else. I think I'll wait until the last week and then make an announcement..or maybe not. They do know we're going to Florida in November to meet up with cousins - NOT!

Okay - time to get back to crafts!

DCL Dream Nov 2012
CCL Dream Aug 2012
Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #326
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Just got off the Magic yesterday. It was sso awesome, but the Dream is prettier in my opinion. But both are great ships. I am so glad it's just 5 more weeks till we set sail again. I wish I could just sail every 5 weeks!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #327
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Quote:
well..after much perusing through the internet I think I've decided on my FE gifts and have started to make a few as a "prototype." BTW -- do they have to be homemade or can they be store-bought?
They can be whatever you want. Mine are semi-homemade. I bought a bunch of supplies that'll need assembly but there are some pre-made pieces too.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #328
italyla
Laissez les bons temps rouler

Red face November 8th Disney Dream Cruise from Port Carnival

We recently booked the Nov. 8th sailing for 2012 on the Dream.
I would love to talk to others going on this cruise as well, and compare notes of course.
I would also like to get involved in a Fish Extender exchange. I hope someone with more knowledge can explain exactly how it all works.

But mostly, I want this thread to get us all prepared and excited for our upcoming cruise.
italyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #329
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyla View Post
We recently booked the Nov. 8th sailing for 2012 on the Dream.
I would love to talk to others going on this cruise as well, and compare notes of course.
I would also like to get involved in a Fish Extender exchange. I hope someone with more knowledge can explain exactly how it all works.

But mostly, I want this thread to get us all prepared and excited for our upcoming cruise.
Hi! Welcome to the DIS!

While you are welcome to learn and talk about the cruise with us, it looks like you might have posted in the wrong cruise meet thread. We'll actually be getting off the boat on November 8th . We'll be all the sad people you see, as you walk up to start your awesome vacation.

I looked for your cruise meet thread and found it here. They can tell you all about the Fish Extender and how they are organizing it for the Nov. 8th sailing date. I hope you have a great time!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=41398348
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
Old 10-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #330
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Just got off the Magic yesterday. It was sso awesome, but the Dream is prettier in my opinion. But both are great ships. I am so glad it's just 5 more weeks till we set sail again. I wish I could just sail every 5 weeks!
OOh fun! Two cruises so close together! Where did you sail to?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: