Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #301
PKK/MJK
DIS Veteran

new Fantasy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemysMom View Post
New to these forums. Finding it fun to read and it's renewing the excitement for the upcoming cruise. This will be our fourth DC, 2nd time on the Dream. Disappointed that Remy's brunch is booked up. We named our 4-year old son after Remy from Ratatouille... so at some point we are going to HAVE to eat there.

We are also DVC and looking forward to staying at Saratoga after the cruise. I only wish Fantasyland was opened!!
Our DD works at WDW and was in a preview group for CM's a couple of weeks ago. She got us some fish extender gifts from one of the new gift shops. While not everything is open I know that the new restaurant is now taking ressies. Our DD booked dinner for DW and me for a birthday present (10/30) don't know what day as it is a surprise, but DW told me about the ressie but not the date. We will be staying there both prior to and after our 10/20 and 11/4 cruises.

WDW--82,83,85,87,89,93,95,96, 97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12
DVC/OKW
PKK/MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #302
PKK/MJK
DIS Veteran

Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamon_girl View Post
If any of you made last minute reservations for this cruise and would like to be part of a small FE group, I would like to put together one for those that missed the cut off for the first group.

On the cruise I have Myself, DH, DS (13), DD (11) and DS (8). We were in a FE group our last Dream cruise and our kids would be extremely disappointed if we were not part of one this cruise, it was one of their highlights coming back to the room and finding new treasures in the bag.

If anyone is interested, please PM me or post here. I know the cruise is quickly approaching!! I'm thinking we keep it simple but fun for all!

OR, if you are part of the original FE group and have some extra goodies for the FE, I will gladly reciprocate with just your family. I just want to work a little magic for my kids.

Thanks!
Karen
Let me know room number. We have extra FE's. Also does your DD have a favorite Disney Princess? Phil

DVC/OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #303
ColonFamilia
Mouseketeer

Didn't make the cut

Like cinnamon_girl, we were late to the game on this one and didn't make the cut for the original FE group. This is our second DCL cruise and we were not familiar with what a FE is until we found this discussion. It sounds right up our alley and like it would make the trip that much more special for our kids.

We REALLY want to participate but are worried that we're too late to the game. Any experienced cruisers who have participated in FE's before that could alleviate our concerns here? At this point (41 days out) do many late comers jump in to participate? There are only three families participating in our FE thus far....

We've already got a bunch of cool ideas for FE gifts that we're itching to get started on but don't want to make too many if it's unlikely that many more people will join our group.

We're really hoping it's not too late to get in on the fun.
ColonFamilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #304
WatkinsToro Familia
Earning My Ears

Second FE Group

Please add us to the second FE group!

Adults with name and ages: Connie(53M), Gisela (48F)
Children with name, age and gender: Giselita (13F)
Stateroom(s): 5540
Celebration(s): 5th Wedding Anniversary
Allergies: None
First Cruise?: N
Participate in FE: Y
WDW Radio Podcast Cruise: N
WatkinsToro Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #305
cinnamon_girl
Earning My Ears

Welcome! I will put you down on the 2nd FE group.

Thanks!
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatkinsToro Familia View Post
Please add us to the second FE group!

Adults with name and ages: Connie(53M), Gisela (48F)
Children with name, age and gender: Giselita (13F)
Stateroom(s): 5540
Celebration(s): 5th Wedding Anniversary
Allergies: None
First Cruise?: N
Participate in FE: Y
WDW Radio Podcast Cruise: N
cinnamon_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:12 AM   #306
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Cut out the fabric for my FE tonight after making the pattern yesterday. For being my first sewing project ever, I'm pretty excited and just had to tell someone who would understand!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #307
lilStitch
Earning My Ears

So Excited!!!

We did it! Finally booked our cruise celebrating our 1 year anniversary. Last year we went on the Dream on 11/13 for our honeymoon and it was amazing! This year we are hoping to experience more of the ship and have even more fun, as we didn't make it to any shows or many activities last year, it was all so overwhelming! What are some suggestions on things we shouldn't miss out on?
lilStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:43 AM   #308
RemysMom
Earning My Ears

Don't miss the shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilStitch View Post
We did it! Finally booked our cruise celebrating our 1 year anniversary. Last year we went on the Dream on 11/13 for our honeymoon and it was amazing! This year we are hoping to experience more of the ship and have even more fun, as we didn't make it to any shows or many activities last year, it was all so overwhelming! What are some suggestions on things we shouldn't miss out on?
Definitely don't miss the shows. They are amazing! Especially Villians.
RemysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #309
lilStitch
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemysMom View Post
Definitely don't miss the shows. They are amazing! Especially Villians.
Ok, good to know! I'm going through some navigators now to make a potential list of things we don't want to miss
lilStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #310
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilStitch View Post
Welcome! I think that is so awesome that you spent your honeymoon on the Dream almost one year ago. What a fun way to celebrate an anniversary!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
Old 09-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #311
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

So we are at 39 days now!! When will we starting getting paperwork? I don't want to give my cabin # for the FE until I have paperwork in hand since they have already changed my cabin # on me. Can't believe we leave for WDW in 34 days!

And Better Yet, Monday we found out that our oldest DD will be participating in the DCP Spring 2013 program!!!! So now I have to plan to return to Disney in late Jan/early Feb to help her settle in for the program. She is take her vehicle down so we don't want her driving that far alone... Wow and then I'm definitely going to have to go back to visit her!!! She is doing the extended program so she will be there for 7 months. I can hardly believe that I'm going to be the mom of a Disney Cast Member!! I am so excited for her!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #312
JohnPA
DisDad #627

ALMOST THERE! I can smell the ocean. The gentle rocking of the ship coaxing me to sleep after a full day of fun!

ATTENTION FE GROUP 2!!!
I have you alls on the spreadsheet. PLEASE NOTE: there is a new column for the first group for people that want to participate in BOTH groups. (Yeah, that means you have to make gifts for them too). So far it's just Pam and me, but if there are any other group 1 folks that would like to participate with group 2 also, just post or PM me and I'll sign you up. (it just happens that our gifts are stateroom gifts and we always make a few more).
Old 09-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #313
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
So we are at 39 days now!! When will we starting getting paperwork? I don't want to give my cabin # for the FE until I have paperwork in hand since they have already changed my cabin # on me. Can't believe we leave for WDW in 34 days!

And Better Yet, Monday we found out that our oldest DD will be participating in the DCP Spring 2013 program!!!! So now I have to plan to return to Disney in late Jan/early Feb to help her settle in for the program. She is take her vehicle down so we don't want her driving that far alone... Wow and then I'm definitely going to have to go back to visit her!!! She is doing the extended program so she will be there for 7 months. I can hardly believe that I'm going to be the mom of a Disney Cast Member!! I am so excited for her!
My agent said we should expect paperwork to arrive in about 3-4 weeks as their office is in Florida and apparently Florida offices get their stuff from Disney last. Once they get the paperwork they'll send it out to clients. My DH says I still can't start packing yet, I think I might start working on a packing list though

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #314
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPA View Post
ALMOST THERE! I can smell the ocean. The gentle rocking of the ship coaxing me to sleep after a full day of fun!
My countdown calendar has come out of storage! (Disney nerd here, )

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesblonde View Post
My agent said we should expect paperwork to arrive in about 3-4 weeks as their office is in Florida and apparently Florida offices get their stuff from Disney last. Once they get the paperwork they'll send it out to clients. My DH says I still can't start packing yet, I think I might start working on a packing list though
I know that the minute I stop thinking about the paperwork coming and getting so anxious to get the mail each day, that will be the day it comes! Weird that Florida gets it last though??

And LOL to your DH saying you can't start packing yet. In our guest bedroom, I have a drawer full of "things" that I don't want to forget. I can pretend it's not really packing...but it totally is! My in-laws come stay here in a few weeks so I might have to clean up my mess in there...
Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #315
PKK/MJK
DIS Veteran

Dcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post

Our DD went on the DCP after her Junior and Senior year. One we got a call from her that WDW offered her a full time position and she was staying there. That was almost 11 years ago and she is still there. She says she is having the time of her life and gets paid for it.. Met a young man selling Turkey legs (they got married 4/12/12). She is going on this cruise with us.

We use her as our excuse to make several trips a year to WDW. Your DD will love it. Phil

DVC/OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: