Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #271
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Just a reminder that the clocks go back 1 hour on Nov. 4th.
I'm hoping Disney remembers to wind their clocks back too.

Also those of us in the US don't forget if you want to vote you'll need to vote absentee before you leave. Check with your local government to find out what you need to do.

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*

*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy*
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:06 AM   #272
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

So I went into my reservation tonite and I noticed we have already been assigned a cabin!! I had put in a request and they didn't come anywhere close to honoring it so I am going to call tomorrow and talk to them about seeing if I can be moved. I figure it can't hurt to ask and if they say no, they say no. But I was super shocked that they had already assigned cabins when we don't sail for 49 days!! Doesn't that seem early to have already assigned a cabin or no?
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #273
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
So I went into my reservation tonite and I noticed we have already been assigned a cabin!! I had put in a request and they didn't come anywhere close to honoring it so I am going to call tomorrow and talk to them about seeing if I can be moved. I figure it can't hurt to ask and if they say no, they say no. But I was super shocked that they had already assigned cabins when we don't sail for 49 days!! Doesn't that seem early to have already assigned a cabin or no?
Did you book a GTY room? If so, you cannot make any request and no they will not move you for anything. no matter if there is half the ship open. Now they can move you on their own decision if they decide to right up to sailing day. But other than that, they will not moved an assigen GTY cabin at the request of the passenger. When you pay that price you are guaranteed a certain level and thats it. You have to take what they give you.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #274
lisare
Mouseketeer

We are still GTY status. I hope ours comes soon. I check everyday.
Finally took the kids trial run - 3day Wonder April 2007, They loved it lets do the double dip -Special 5day Magic Sept. 2008, We need a break from the cold - 4day Wonder Jan 2009, We are ready for the World!!! Taking the kids for the 1st time - 7days BLT Oct 2009,
5 day getaway just the two of us- Wonder June 2010,
5day double dip - Magic January 2011, The four of us are Dreaming - 5day double dip The DREAM Aug 2011, Couples Getaway - 3day Dream Dec 2011
lisare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #275
doombuqqy
DIS Veteran

We are looking at booking with our cousins who are from Ohio. I am seeing alot of people from Ohio so they will be thrilled. We are fresh off the DREAM for the 2nd time 2 weeks ago so if anyone has any questions let me know. We had a wonderful time with our DBFF's. We will be childless and not worried about the FE this time, we were disappointed this past time with what people feel is ok to give. Example package of qtips. I took alot of time making very nice gifts.Don't get me wrong my expectations are not that high as to what we get, it is alot of fun. We sailed the past 2 cruises without our kids but I always made seperate gifts for each child but like someone else said sometimes people skip cabins that have no children.
As far as Palo and Remy there were plenty of reservations available once onboard( last cruise booked 30 days out also, got to love being a FL resident)they are also doing Remy brunch on the sea day it is $50pp. We did the rainforest day pass $16pp on the last day and my husband LOVED ithe said I took him way out of his comfort zone but is was a nice way to enjoy the spa without breaking the bank. There was a mixology class, champagne,wine,tequila,scotch,beer and martini tastings.No we didn't participate in any of themthis time. It will be a while after mixing the tequila tasting with sea sickness, being an "occasional" drinker and empty stomach
Right now we are just making sure we can all get off work for the cruise and then I will let everyone know for sure. Beware we are HUGE Packer family and there is a game that day

doombuqqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:00 AM   #276
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Call me crazy, but I'm reading that "watch for thieves" thread and getting skeptical about making anything for my door, let alone sew up a special FE for my door! Plus, I'd hate for anyone not to receive the gifts we've made/bought for them too! Is there a certain time frame that we should plan to leave/look for gifts in our FE to make sure they aren't sitting outside for all to see for hours? Sad that happens, but looks like it is pretty common according to people on that thread. If I'm crazy, or being way over-paranoid, let me know.
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 AM   #277
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombuqqy View Post
We are looking at booking with our cousins who are from Ohio. I am seeing alot of people from Ohio so they will be thrilled. We are fresh off the DREAM for the 2nd time 2 weeks ago so if anyone has any questions let me know. We had a wonderful time with our DBFF's. We will be childless and not worried about the FE this time, we were disappointed this past time with what people feel is ok to give. Example package of qtips. I took alot of time making very nice gifts.Don't get me wrong my expectations are not that high as to what we get, it is alot of fun. We sailed the past 2 cruises without our kids but I always made seperate gifts for each child but like someone else said sometimes people skip cabins that have no children.
As far as Palo and Remy there were plenty of reservations available once onboard( last cruise booked 30 days out also, got to love being a FL resident)they are also doing Remy brunch on the sea day it is $50pp. We did the rainforest day pass $16pp on the last day and my husband LOVED ithe said I took him way out of his comfort zone but is was a nice way to enjoy the spa without breaking the bank. There was a mixology class, champagne,wine,tequila,scotch,beer and martini tastings.No we didn't participate in any of themthis time. It will be a while after mixing the tequila tasting with sea sickness, being an "occasional" drinker and empty stomach
Right now we are just making sure we can all get off work for the cruise and then I will let everyone know for sure. Beware we are HUGE Packer family and there is a game that day
Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience! DH is a big Bronco fan and was so happy today when I told him that any and all games would be available on the ship. I think I made his day. He's a sports guy so I expect to find him at 687 quite a bit. Also loved that your DH liked the rainforest room too. Still haven't convinced him of that yet! And also an to the sea sickness/empty stomach/mixology classes.

Did you happen to do any of the cooking lesson classes?
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #278
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety
Call me crazy, but I'm reading that "watch for thieves" thread and getting skeptical about making anything for my door, let alone sew up a special FE for my door! Plus, I'd hate for anyone not to receive the gifts we've made/bought for them too! Is there a certain time frame that we should plan to leave/look for gifts in our FE to make sure they aren't sitting outside for all to see for hours? Sad that happens, but looks like it is pretty common according to people on that thread. If I'm crazy, or being way over-paranoid, let me know.
I am worried about that too.

Keep the Magic Alive!
disneygal6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #279
zealandsmom
DIS Veteran

We didn't have any troubles with theft. Just zip tie it to the actual fish and you will be alright don't let it take the magic out!!!
zealandsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #280
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I didn't have an issue, at least one I know about. My FE cost $6, so if it does get stolen, I wouldn't be happy, but not out a lot. I really think the things I have seen (read) stolen more often are magnets. I do try to have our name on them now. And I had some general ones stolen off my door at Pop one year and found them on a door in another section and took them back! idiots!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #281
RemysMom
Mouseketeer

New to these forums. Finding it fun to read and it's renewing the excitement for the upcoming cruise. This will be our fourth DC, 2nd time on the Dream. Disappointed that Remy's brunch is booked up. We named our 4-year old son after Remy from Ratatouille... so at some point we are going to HAVE to eat there.

We are also DVC and looking forward to staying at Saratoga after the cruise. I only wish Fantasyland was opened!!
RemysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #282
doombuqqy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
We have been on 6 cruises and no issues (knock on wood)

Quote:
Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience! DH is a big Bronco fan and was so happy today when I told him that any and all games would be available on the ship. I think I made his day. He's a sports guy so I expect to find him at 687 quite a bit. Also loved that your DH liked the rainforest room too. Still haven't convinced him of that yet! And also an to the sea sickness/empty stomach/mixology classes.

Did you happen to do any of the cooking lesson classes?
We did one about 3 years ago, our friends did a ravioli one this past cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemysMom View Post
New to these forums. Finding it fun to read and it's renewing the excitement for the upcoming cruise. This will be our fourth DC, 2nd time on the Dream. Disappointed that Remy's brunch is booked up. We named our 4-year old son after Remy from Ratatouille... so at some point we are going to HAVE to eat there.

We are also DVC and looking forward to staying at Saratoga after the cruise. I only wish Fantasyland was opened!!
Go to the assigned area ( it was Royal Palace in Sept) to book REMY brunch as soon as you board the ship you should not have any problems, we didn't

Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #283
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombuqqy View Post
We are looking at booking with our cousins who are from Ohio. I am seeing alot of people from Ohio so they will be thrilled. We are fresh off the DREAM for the 2nd time 2 weeks ago so if anyone has any questions let me know.
Do you have your Navigators that you can share? I'd love to look and get a general idea of when things are happening.

Quote:
We didn't have any trouble with our last cruise but I think using zip ties are a good idea. If you were trying to have the items in the pouches for the shortest amount of time I would think dropping them off about an hour before the main dinner seating. Otherwise I would think it would be too hard to try and figure out a good time (except maybe if you are an exceptionally early riser and distribute before people wake up).

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #284
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
Do you have your Navigators that you can share? I'd love to look and get a general idea of when things are happening.

We didn't have any trouble with our last cruise but I think using zip ties are a good idea. If you were trying to have the items in the pouches for the shortest amount of time I would think dropping them off about an hour before the main dinner seating. Otherwise I would think it would be too hard to try and figure out a good time (except maybe if you are an exceptionally early riser and distribute before people wake up).
Or a night owl!

Keep the Magic Alive!
disneygal6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #285
doombuqqy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Eagle_Mom View Post
Do you have your Navigators that you can share? I'd love to look and get a general idea of when things things are happening
I do have the navigators but I do not know how to post pictures here, I could e mail them or any other ideas you have?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: