Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #256
beatlesblonde
When will the madness end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPA View Post
Your door handle should be on the right if I remember right. Yep, that's right, I memorized EVERY door on the ship!

OK, I looked at the deck plans here on WDWinfo.com. You can see that for cabin 7071, the FE will be on the right, and so will the door handle.
Thanks! You have an amazing memory there

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan
beatlesblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #257
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Okay I am STILL in the FE but I am changing cabins. I have gone from an inside cabin to a cat 4 GTY. So I do not know what my new cabin # is yet. Can you change my # in the extender to reflect this change please? and Thank you.
Besides getting $$$ BACK, the best part is I am not telling DH and DD that we are Upgrading. I am keeping that a TOTAL SURPRISE! They will be shocked when we get onboard to find out that I have taken us from a cabin with the virtual porthole (which we LOVED) to a deluxe family ocean stateroom w/ verahdah!!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #258
lisare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Okay I am STILL in the FE but I am changing cabins. I have gone from an inside cabin to a cat 4 GTY. So I do not know what my new cabin # is yet. Can you change my # in the extender to reflect this change please? and Thank you.
Besides getting $$$ BACK, the best part is I am not telling DH and DD that we are Upgrading. I am keeping that a TOTAL SURPRISE! They will be shocked when we get onboard to find out that I have taken us from a cabin with the virtual porthole (which we LOVED) to a deluxe family ocean stateroom w/ verahdah!!
That's awesome!!! My kids still have NO idea that we're going. I'm still trying to come up with the best way to surprise them.
Finally took the kids trial run - 3day Wonder April 2007, They loved it lets do the double dip -Special 5day Magic Sept. 2008, We need a break from the cold - 4day Wonder Jan 2009, We are ready for the World!!! Taking the kids for the 1st time - 7days BLT Oct 2009,
5 day getaway just the two of us- Wonder June 2010,
5day double dip - Magic January 2011, The four of us are Dreaming - 5day double dip The DREAM Aug 2011, Couples Getaway - 3day Dream Dec 2011
lisare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #259
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

I wrote a blog about ways to surprise your kids that you are going on a Disney vacation! I am on a mobile device right now but tomorrow I will post a link to it!

Keep the Magic Alive!
disneygal6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #260
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisare
Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

That's awesome!!! My kids still have NO idea that we're going. I'm still trying to come up with the best way to surprise them.
This trip is just totally full of surprises!! My DD's Bday is the friday before we cruise & we will arrive in WDW on Wed. So I am surprising her w/ La Nouba Tix for her Bday since they have a good deal for AP holders (I think that's the deal) Anyhoo, she has pestered me for a couple of years to take her to see it, so that will be one of her gifts! I'm pretty stoked!! So many surprises this trip!! It's a good thing one of my closest friends is good at keeping secrets and lets me keep sharing my excitement with her! LOL

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:01 AM   #261
lisare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal6568 View Post
I wrote a blog about ways to surprise your kids that you are going on a Disney vacation! I am on a mobile device right now but tomorrow I will post a link to it!
That would be great. Thanks. We are staying at AK Fri & Sat. Not doing any parks just going to enjoy the resort & and downtown disney.
Finally took the kids trial run - 3day Wonder April 2007, They loved it lets do the double dip -Special 5day Magic Sept. 2008, We need a break from the cold - 4day Wonder Jan 2009, We are ready for the World!!! Taking the kids for the 1st time - 7days BLT Oct 2009,
5 day getaway just the two of us- Wonder June 2010,
5day double dip - Magic January 2011, The four of us are Dreaming - 5day double dip The DREAM Aug 2011, Couples Getaway - 3day Dream Dec 2011
lisare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #262
mandyjean
Earning My Ears

We were going to surprise our DD with two days in Disney at the contemporary, but I couldn't control my excitement, and wound up telling her a couple of weeks ago. Oh well, we will still have a lot of fun!
mandyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #263
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Looking for your opinions on the over the door shoe holder for the bathroom...

Necessary or pack if you have room and find it on sale or not needed for just two people?

Thanks!!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn
DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #264
zealandsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety

Necessary or pack if you have room and find it on sale or not needed for just two people?

Thanks!!
I say you don't need it. There was plenty of room for the 4 of us. I have a makeup bag and I would put all my stuff in there and then on the shelf under the sink.....just to tidy up. However there was tons of room. And if you have a room with 2 bathrooms then you have 2 sink areas
zealandsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #265
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Talking

There is this one: http://www.wdwradio.com/2012/05/wdw-...creative-ways/ and a few others, but they require a lot of time, like creating your own Survivor game.

Keep the Magic Alive!
disneygal6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:12 PM   #266
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post

Thanks!!
I personally love it. it works great on all our vacations to keep things in order. I keep all sorts of things in it.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #267
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:

Thanks!!
Not needed for two people. Better for more people, especially with kids. UNLESS you have LOTS of toiletries/shoes/accessories. There's plenty of drawer and closet space for two people on a 4 nighter.
JohnPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #269
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib
Just a reminder that the clocks go back 1 hour on Nov. 4th.
Thanks for the reminder! We don't change time here in AZ so I always forget when everyone else does. Haven't had to change my clocks for over 12 years.

Thanks for all the over the door hanger opinions, too, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn
DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #270
2_Eagle_Mom
Kungaloosh!!

Hi all,

I've been MIA for a long time. I can't remember if I confirmed here, but we made the decision to keep the reservation and go on the cruise. I'm currently unemployed but this has been one heck of a year so we really NEED this vacation. We are part of the WDW Radio group, but love meeting new Disney friends everywhere.

I'm going to try and be much better checking back here and getting better aquainted with everyone.

Quote:

Thanks!!
I use our holder for every vacation (even if its just two of us). It makes things so much easier to grab and keeps the counters clean.

From what I remember there was going to be a meet-up at some point. Can someone refresh my memory?

Thanks!

Jane

2_Eagle_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: