Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 11:40 AM   #91
GuardMusic
This is the most excitement we've seen here in quite some time!

Another joining

Holiday greetings all! You can add me (Gayle) & BFF (Kara) - late 30s to this cruise (not FE). Since I'm late in getting here, here's "everything" to know about us & this cruise! (Thanks for your patience.)

This will be DCL cruise #7 for me & #6 for BFF - but this cruise wasn't even on the horizon. (BFF was on first Alaska sailing.) We were so excited for the 2012 cruises (hoped for stops along New England) but alas no. We ended up choosing the first Pacific Coast Cruise (LA, San Francisco, San Diego, Ensenada) in Sept. 2012 because neither of us have ever been to Disneyland and I was excited for first experiences in SF/SD. Our rate was really cheap per time, 1st day booking, & 20% off (see below). But we'll spend that savings at DL; it will be a long adventure!

Then out of boredom (I know you understand) I started looking ahead on the calendar when the first half of 2013 was announced - having NO intent on going back to Caribbean or on the BIG ships. We'd stayed away from the Dream as we're both introverts and felt "all those extra people" would make for a crazy experience. (We like DCL & WDW during the off-seasons.)

Then it hit me (and this is something I've told NO ONE) - 2013 will bring my 40th b-day. Noooo!!!! I've known for quite some time this was going to be an "issue" for me. I know I do NOT want to be at work that day, etc. So I thought, what is the one thing I really DO WANT to do? Yeh, be on DCL.

I wanted to book a quick getaway - a 4 night. But then had forgotten the 4 night doesn't include a Friday (my actual birthday). So my only choices were a 3n (not worth it) or 7n ($$$).

I basically "told" BFF we'd have to do the 7 and she'd need to pony up the $$$ if she hoped to do whatever she wants for her 40th in 2014. Sadly we were unprepared and missed the first day booking and we'd already used all of our onboard bookings and the sweet 20% off we had from the last cruise (yes, 20% - read my 2010 TR below to see what it's like to get "stuck" at CC! ).

So we have 2 adults in a 6B for $3699! This is by far the most we've ever paid for DCL - and why I NEVER travel during spring break! But we will be a CC ON MY BIRTHDAY!!! We've never done an Eastern because of no interest in the ports, so we may not leave the ship at all.

And to be honest, in reading all of the new features on the Fantasy, like the water areas and mystery scavenger hunt with interactive art, I'm getting really excited! Looking forward to learning about all the new things to do (& eat) on the ship!

Gayle

Coming Soon: Sept. 2012 Disneyland & 1st Pacific Coast DCL! ~ Nov. 2012 BWV w/ Mom ~ Jan. 2013 Disney Institute with my college students! ~ Mar. 2013 DCL B-Day Fantasy
Nov. 2011 - F&W and MVMCP ~ Jun. 2011 - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2011 - Disneyland Paris ~ Dec. 2010 - BWV/DCL ~ Oct. 2010 - POFQ after conference ~ Mar. 2010 - YC (Conference) ~ Feb. 2010 - AKL Villa & DCL Western Magic ~ May/June 2009 Disneyland Paris & London ~ Dec. 2008 - BCV ~ Jan. 2008 - WL & DCL Western Magic ~ Sept. 2007 - DCL Wonder (Surprise for Mom!) ~ Jan. 2006 - Land (POR) & Sea (Wonder) Cruise - 1st Disney cruise! ~ Dec. 2005 - BCV ~ Nov. 2005 - OKW (conference trip!) ~ Mar. 2005 - AKL (College Program Visit for work) ~ June 2004 - POR/BCV ~ Feb. 2004 - Off ~ May 2003 - CB/BCV ~ Dec. 2000 - Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 - CS (work conference) ~ Dec. 1998 - ASM ~ Feb. 1998 - Dixie Landings ~ Mar. 1997, New Years 1996-97, 1993, 1986, 1984, 1977 - Off

8 night Western DCL-Feb 2010 ~ Western DCL Trip Resort - Jan. 2008! ~ DCL Land/Sea Trip Report - Jan. 2006! ~ Disneyland Paris Trip Report May 2009
GuardMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #92
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

to the crew, Gayle & Kara!!!! Lots of excitement for us in the next year getting ready for this cruise. Sounds like the PERFECT way to spend your birthday to me.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2011, 02:02 PM   #93
FabFivePA
Mouseketeer

Gayle!! Glad you guys will be joining us! 2013 brings the big 4-0 for myself as well.. though luckily it's not 'til the very end of the year. LOL

Happy New Year to everyone! Best part of it being 2012 is now we're only one number away from 2013 instead of two. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardMusic View Post
Holiday greetings all! You can add me (Gayle) & BFF (Kara) - late 30s to this cruise (not FE). Since I'm late in getting here, here's "everything" to know about us & this cruise! (Thanks for your patience.)

This will be DCL cruise #7 for me & #6 for BFF - but this cruise wasn't even on the horizon. (BFF was on first Alaska sailing.) We were so excited for the 2012 cruises (hoped for stops along New England) but alas no. We ended up choosing the first Pacific Coast Cruise (LA, San Francisco, San Diego, Ensenada) in Sept. 2012 because neither of us have ever been to Disneyland and I was excited for first experiences in SF/SD. Our rate was really cheap per time, 1st day booking, & 20% off (see below). But we'll spend that savings at DL; it will be a long adventure!

Then out of boredom (I know you understand) I started looking ahead on the calendar when the first half of 2013 was announced - having NO intent on going back to Caribbean or on the BIG ships. We'd stayed away from the Dream as we're both introverts and felt "all those extra people" would make for a crazy experience. (We like DCL & WDW during the off-seasons.)

Then it hit me (and this is something I've told NO ONE) - 2013 will bring my 40th b-day. Noooo!!!! I've known for quite some time this was going to be an "issue" for me. I know I do NOT want to be at work that day, etc. So I thought, what is the one thing I really DO WANT to do? Yeh, be on DCL.

I wanted to book a quick getaway - a 4 night. But then had forgotten the 4 night doesn't include a Friday (my actual birthday). So my only choices were a 3n (not worth it) or 7n ($$$).

I basically "told" BFF we'd have to do the 7 and she'd need to pony up the $$$ if she hoped to do whatever she wants for her 40th in 2014. Sadly we were unprepared and missed the first day booking and we'd already used all of our onboard bookings and the sweet 20% off we had from the last cruise (yes, 20% - read my 2010 TR below to see what it's like to get "stuck" at CC! ).

So we have 2 adults in a 6B for $3699! This is by far the most we've ever paid for DCL - and why I NEVER travel during spring break! But we will be a CC ON MY BIRTHDAY!!! We've never done an Eastern because of no interest in the ports, so we may not leave the ship at all.

And to be honest, in reading all of the new features on the Fantasy, like the water areas and mystery scavenger hunt with interactive art, I'm getting really excited! Looking forward to learning about all the new things to do (& eat) on the ship!

Gayle
FabFivePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #94
3LVDisney
Disney Fanatic

Happy New Year everyone! My family and I are joining this cruise. There will be 3 of us: myself, my DW and my DD who will be 8 at the time. We have sailed twice on the Wonder and once on the Dream. We can't wait for the 7 day cruise on the Fantasy!

-3LVDisney

Upcoming Trips:

WDW - January 24 - 29, 2015 (Disney's Wilderness Lodge)/ Universal Studios Florida - January 29, 2015 - February 2, 2015 (Loews Portofino Bay Hotel)

WDW - May 23 - 30, 2015 (Disney's Boardwalk Villas)

DCL - February 15, 2016 (Disney Dream 4-Day Cruise)
3LVDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #95
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

to the group!!! We are now at 50 cruisers. I am trying to chillout a bit after moving back home the week before Christmas. Now that we are finished rebuilding I can start thinking about other things -- like this cruise!!! The MV is in 88 days. This cruise is 51 weeks later.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #96
FabFivePA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LVDisney View Post
Happy New Year everyone! My family and I are joining this cruise. There will be 3 of us: myself, my DW and my DD who will be 8 at the time. We have sailed twice on the Wonder and once on the Dream. We can't wait for the 7 day cruise on the Fantasy!

-3LVDisney
3LVDisney!!! Great to have you guys!! One of my DD's will be on the newer side of 9
Old 01-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #97
2littleprincesses
DIS Veteran

Hi all! It looks like we will be joining you. We were thinking of taking a cruise for 2013 out of NYC, but it doesn't look like that will be one of their itineraries and we decided not to do it anyways. So we are on for Eastern in March 2013!!! I booked on the first day, but did not get in on the great deals that some did

We did our first cruise last March which was our first spring break that I shared with my girls. They go to school in a different district than I work. I am hoping that we will share the same spring break next year.

We will be dh, me, dd 12 (yikes she couldn't be that old!), and dd (9) at the time of sailing.

Can't wait to hear more about you guys. Only a little more than a year to go!!!

1st DCL cruise Magic--Western 3/19/2011!
DLR/CA coast trip 2014
2littleprincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #98
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Getting closer to being able to report back on the Fantasy!!! I can't believe we are less than four months away from the MV. Then it will just be a year until this cruise!
I can't wait to hear about your trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV Disney Fan(atic) View Post
We're on the Magic the same week as the MV of the Fantasy and will actually be in port with you in both Grand Cayman and Cozymel. Can't wait to see her and looking forward to the horn battle that's sure to come!
That is going to be so cool!

Quote:
Well, I certainly hope that checkin goes better for this cruise than the MV!!! VIPs, concierge and platinum booked all of Palo and all but two nights at Remy. I got into the system fine at midnight but didn't need to do anything then. Got up again at 3:00 and system error getting to arrival time.

Quote:

Gayle
and happy early birthday! What a perfect way to celebrate 40. And by the way, the 40s are the best yet as far as I'm concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabFivePA View Post
Gayle!! Glad you guys will be joining us! 2013 brings the big 4-0 for myself as well.. though luckily it's not 'til the very end of the year. LOL

Happy New Year to everyone! Best part of it being 2012 is now we're only one number away from 2013 instead of two. LOL
Good post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LVDisney View Post

-3LVDisney

Our twin girls will also be 8 for this trip!
Quote:
to the group!!! We are now at 50 cruisers. I am trying to chillout a bit after moving back home the week before Christmas. Now that we are finished rebuilding I can start thinking about other things -- like this cruise!!! The MV is in 88 days. This cruise is 51 weeks later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2littleprincesses View Post
Hi all! It looks like we will be joining you. We were thinking of taking a cruise for 2013 out of NYC, but it doesn't look like that will be one of their itineraries and we decided not to do it anyways. So we are on for Eastern in March 2013!!! I booked on the first day, but did not get in on the great deals that some did

We did our first cruise last March which was our first spring break that I shared with my girls. They go to school in a different district than I work. I am hoping that we will share the same spring break next year.

We will be dh, me, dd 12 (yikes she couldn't be that old!), and dd (9) at the time of sailing.

!

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #99
FabFivePA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2littleprincesses View Post

Hope it all works out with scheduling!! I was already hunting down the schedule for standardized testing for next year to make sure we don't conflict and doesn't seem we will.. hoping since it's the week before the holiday and a short week for us that they won't change their minds! AH!

64 weeks I believe it is now!
Old 01-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #100
anjuan
Earning My Ears

New to Disney Cruising

Hi all! Please add my DD (7) and myself to this cruise. We are both so excited to go!! I have only been on one other Carnival cruise over 10 years ago and this will be my DD's first cruise. This cruise will be the week of my daughter's spring break. I have been madly reading all I can on this site to learn as much as I can. We look forward to getting to know you all better.

Julie
anjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #101
disneyfan21
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!! You can add me and my DS who will be 16 on this cruise. We just got off the Disney Dream last month and had an amazing time. This will be my 5th Disney cruise but first time traveling alone on a cruise with my son. Hopefully I'll get a lot of "me" time and won't feel lonely. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Thanks Lisa for starting the group thread...I was part of the DIS Double Dip group back in December 2006. Happy to cruise with you again

WDW Polynesian 6/03 -Disneyland Grand Californian 12/03 -WDW Polynesian 6/04 - Universal Orlando Portofino Bay 6/04- WDW Polynesian 12/04 -Universal Orlando Hard Rock 12/04 WDW Port Orleans Riverside 6/05-Disney Wonder 12/05 - Disneyland Grand Californian 1/06 - Disneyland Hotel 6/06 - Disney Magic Double Dip 12/06 - WDW Saratoga Springs 12/06 - Universal Orlando Hard Rock 12/06 - Disneyland Grand Californian 1/07 -Disneyland Grand Californian 5/07 -Disney Magic Mexican Riviera Cruise 5/08 - WDW Polynesian 6/09-Disneyland Hotel 9/09 - Grand Californian 12/09
disneyfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #102
GuardMusic
This is the most excitement we've seen here in quite some time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuan View Post
Hi all! Please add my DD (7) and myself to this cruise. We are both so excited to go!! I have only been on one other Carnival cruise over 10 years ago and this will be my DD's first cruise. This cruise will be the week of my daughter's spring break. I have been madly reading all I can on this site to learn as much as I can. We look forward to getting to know you all better.

Julie
Julie:
Welcome abroad! We took a Carnival Cruise in 1995 and I swore I'd never cruise again! My BFF wanted to try DCL in 2006. I said the ONLY way I'd try another cruise was with DCL. It was AMAZING! I had more fun in the first hour on board than the total of some other vacations. You will have an incredible time! We are hooked, as this is DCL #7 for me!

Gayle

Coming Soon: Sept. 2012 Disneyland & 1st Pacific Coast DCL! ~ Nov. 2012 BWV w/ Mom ~ Jan. 2013 Disney Institute with my college students! ~ Mar. 2013 DCL B-Day Fantasy
Nov. 2011 - F&W and MVMCP ~ Jun. 2011 - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2011 - Disneyland Paris ~ Dec. 2010 - BWV/DCL ~ Oct. 2010 - POFQ after conference ~ Mar. 2010 - YC (Conference) ~ Feb. 2010 - AKL Villa & DCL Western Magic ~ May/June 2009 Disneyland Paris & London ~ Dec. 2008 - BCV ~ Jan. 2008 - WL & DCL Western Magic ~ Sept. 2007 - DCL Wonder (Surprise for Mom!) ~ Jan. 2006 - Land (POR) & Sea (Wonder) Cruise - 1st Disney cruise! ~ Dec. 2005 - BCV ~ Nov. 2005 - OKW (conference trip!) ~ Mar. 2005 - AKL (College Program Visit for work) ~ June 2004 - POR/BCV ~ Feb. 2004 - Off ~ May 2003 - CB/BCV ~ Dec. 2000 - Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 - CS (work conference) ~ Dec. 1998 - ASM ~ Feb. 1998 - Dixie Landings ~ Mar. 1997, New Years 1996-97, 1993, 1986, 1984, 1977 - Off

8 night Western DCL-Feb 2010 ~ Western DCL Trip Resort - Jan. 2008! ~ DCL Land/Sea Trip Report - Jan. 2006! ~ Disneyland Paris Trip Report May 2009
GuardMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #103
FabFivePA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan21 View Post
Hi everyone!! You can add me and my DS who will be 16 on this cruise. We just got off the Disney Dream last month and had an amazing time. This will be my 5th Disney cruise but first time traveling alone on a cruise with my son. Hopefully I'll get a lot of "me" time and won't feel lonely. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Thanks Lisa for starting the group thread...I was part of the DIS Double Dip group back in December 2006. Happy to cruise with you again
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuan View Post

Julie
everyone!! so glad to see our group getting bigger and our cruise getting closer. LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #104
Dream_2011
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabFivePA View Post
everyone!! so glad to see our group getting bigger and our cruise getting closer. LOL
So excited we our family so far book 5 cabin. For three family will be the first of many, for my family will be our 6 cruise woohoo gold member. We are doing our handmade fish extender having so many idea . But guess what I found our first castaway music cd that the castaway member send to us after our first cruise in the wonder, have all this music that play on the ship and castaway is a priceleess. Is like reviving our cruise in the car.

3/12 Disney Fantasy
3/11 Disney Dream
12/09 Disney Wonder
4/07 Disney Magic
2/06 Disney Magic
2/05 Disney Wonder

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...4s2kngmz36.png
Dream_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #105
anjuan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Julie:
Welcome abroad! We took a Carnival Cruise in 1995 and I swore I'd never cruise again! My BFF wanted to try DCL in 2006. I said the ONLY way I'd try another cruise was with DCL. It was AMAZING! I had more fun in the first hour on board than the total of some other vacations. You will have an incredible time! We are hooked, as this is DCL #7 for me!

Gayle
I actually had a wonderful time on my Carnival Cruise 10 years ago. It was one of the most relaxing vacations I have ever had. I really enjoyed not having to do much planning for once. Your comments comparing DCL to Carnival make me even more excited for this cruise!!! I have a feeling that I may also be one to get hooked to cruising.

Has anyone checked out the blog pictures lately of the Fantasy? They look so amazing!!

I have one more question, can someone let me know how I can get one of the tickers like all of you have for your signatures? I would really appreciate it.
anjuan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: