Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #436
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Welcome to the DIS and the crew. I can add you to the FB group after you have made 10 posts on the thread. Is this your first time on DCL? Any questions?

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #437
theboysmommy
Earning My Ears

Thank you! It is mine and the kids first time. My DH has gone as a child. We are so excited!

DH (33), DS (6), DS (4), Me (32)

Last edited by theboysmommy; 01-12-2013 at 08:29 PM.
theboysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #438
FabFivePA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmommy View Post
Hi. My family and I will be in this cruise and we can't wait!! First cruise for the little guys and they are beyond excited about going on 'Mickey's boat' as they call it. We would love to find other families to meet up with. We are counting down already....73 days to go!

Jen

DH, DS (5), DS (3)
Jen!!! So glad to have you joining us!! It's so exciting that we're getting so close!!
FabFivePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #439
ljm23
DIS Veteran

10 weeks to go for us!

Just 10 weeks and I'm already obsessing about every detail! Can't wait to meet you all!

ljm23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #440
theboysmommy
Earning My Ears

Since this my 1st Disney cruise I didn't know how the booking port adventures and onboard fun worked. And I didn't go on right away to book. We got a spot for the boys to get made up as pirates on the pirate night, but it's in the morning we were hoping for the afternoon and now the port adventure we were hoping to do that day is only available in the morning too. We plan on keeping the pirate thing for the kids, but do you think it is worth calling to see if there are other openings so we can do both things? Or should I just keep looking online? Or chalk it up to now I know for next time? I heard you should keep checking for cabanas in castaway cay..so I'll keep looking for that since that looks fun also. If we don't end up with a cabana...any recommendations on what to do with a 3 and 5 year old?

Last edited by theboysmommy; 01-10-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #441
theboysmommy
Earning My Ears

What does it mean that you are cruising platinum?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #442
DisneyMommy04
Earning My Ears

Welcome Jen!

This is my families first cruise as well. To say we are excited is an understatement.....

The first thing my son (9) says when I pick him up at night is how many days we have lefy.

Can't wait to meet everyone.

Theresa
DisneyMommy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #443
lbgraves

Quote:
Since this my 1st Disney cruise I didn't know how the booking port adventures and onboard fun worked. And I didn't go on right away to book. We got a spot for the boys to get made up as pirates on the pirate night, but it's in the morning we were hoping for the afternoon and now the port adventure we were hoping to do that day is only available in the morning too. We plan on keeping the pirate thing for the kids, but do you think it is worth calling to see if there are other openings so we can do both things? Or should I just keep looking online? Or chalk it up to now I know for next time? I heard you should keep checking for cabanas in castaway cay..so I'll keep looking for that since that looks fun also. If we don't end up with a cabana...any recommendations on what to do with a 3 and 5 year old?
You can't call DCL to book anything. That needs to be done after you board the ship. Personally, I would book the excursion for your family and just buy pirate costumes for your kids -- either from the shop on the ship or beforehand on Amazon or somewhere else. At that age, they will think it is wicked cool to be dressed up like pirates for the night.

Quote:
What does it mean that you are cruising platinum?
It means that they have done at least 10 cruises on DCL.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011

Old 01-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #444
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't worry about not getting a cabana. It's so much fun to just swim in the beautiful ocean. Not sure about ages or how adventurous your kids are but my DD and I loved the stingray excursion on Castaway Cay. As per the post by lbgraves I would book the port adventure that you want. Once you are onboard the ship you should be able to see if there are other openings for the pirate appointment. You can buy pirate costumes on board or bring your own. People do change their minds all the time so keep checking online for what you want and you never know.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #445
lbgraves

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksGirlz View Post
Don't worry about not getting a cabana. It's so much fun to just swim in the beautiful ocean. Not sure about ages or how adventurous your kids are but my DD and I loved the stingray excursion on Castaway Cay. As per the post by lbgraves I would book the port adventure that you want. Once you are onboard the ship you should be able to see if there are other openings for the pirate appointment. You can buy pirate costumes on board or bring your own. People do change their minds all the time so keep checking online for what you want and you never know.
Missed the mention of Cabanas. IMO, your kids will have more fun with other kids on the family beach. Mine have always met kids they didn't know before that day, along with DIS friends, and built sand castles, floated around in the water and just had a great time there. I would save that money for an excursion or two.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #446
jocelynt01
Earning My Ears

I hate to ask...but I thought I would try anyway. I just came from the same cruise about 3 weeks ago and I missed out on the Castaway Cay tervis tumbler. Is anyone willing to pick one up for me (if available as they are extremely popular)? I know it will be VERY hard to think of anything else because it IS SO fun, but I am willing to pay for it, shipping, and even an inconvenience (or appreciation) fee. I can even give it to you prior to your trip date. Please message me if you are willing. Thanks!
jocelynt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #447
LV Disney Fan(atic)
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." - WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelynt01 View Post
I hate to ask...but I thought I would try anyway. I just came from the same cruise about 3 weeks ago and I missed out on the Castaway Cay tervis tumbler. Is anyone willing to pick one up for me (if available as they are extremely popular)? I know it will be VERY hard to think of anything else because it IS SO fun, but I am willing to pay for it, shipping, and even an inconvenience (or appreciation) fee. I can even give it to you prior to your trip date. Please message me if you are willing. Thanks!
I was going to look for one of these for myself anyway; I'd be happy to pick up one for you if I can. I'll send you a PM and we can talk about it.

ETA: I sent you a PM but I'm not sure if you can actually PM or not until you have 10 posts. If you don't see it, let me know.

Last edited by LV Disney Fan(atic); 01-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.
LV Disney Fan(atic) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #448
lupitail
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriegs View Post
welcome to the fun! I see you are from IL? we live in the nw suburb of Cary, IL! I have a 14 yr. old son and a (soon to be) 13 yr. old daughter, so if your daughter wants to chat with mine, I can give you her email address..she's been chatting with a couple other girls now. this is our 3rd disney cruise - we are hooked on cruising!

feel free to ask questions!
Thanks would would be great! So new to DIS boards...can I message you? Send you an email?? My soon to be 14 DD would love to chat with your daugther. Knowing someone before the cruise I think would really help.

I know where Cary is! I have friends in Algonquin!

Thanks again!
lupitail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #449
lupitail
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post

DH must have gone on the Big Red Boat. DCL will be an entirely different experience for him!

Don't try and take on everything your first cruise. You need to be able to relax at some point.

DD14 can go to either the Vibe [teen club] or the Edge [tween club]. Being the oldest in the area might be easier for her than being the youngest in the teen area.
OMG Thanks for telling me this! I was worried we would be overwhelmed with the older teenagers. This will really help!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #450
lupitail
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMommy04 View Post
Hi All!

My family and I will be joining you all this Spring Break...

This is our first Disney cruise and we are beyond excited and a little nervous.

My son (age 9) is just hoping to meet lot's of kids his age.

Glad I found you all because I am feeling a bit overwelmed....

Theresa
I know exactly how you feel!! My DD is 8 - it sounds like there are lots of kids their ag. When I tell family/friends that we are going on a "Disney" cruise, I always get the same response..."You are going to LOVE it"!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: