Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 02:09 PM   #31
FabFivePA
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
So what can we call you other than FabFive? LOL!

Got Glitched?
LOL Yep, Tammy

Love got glitched.. thinking we may need to change it after a while though, as those that start booking later who weren't glitch-i-fied may, rightfully so, not appreciate the name as much as we do right now. LOL

So glad to see our meet thread getting active already!

I'm sorry to say that we're FE scrooges. With everything we have going on, I consider getting a family of five on the ship with the clothes on our back accomplishment enough! I just know I would forget someone or something, etc.
We did participate in a magnet exchange though on our last cruise and we enjoyed that, and the kids loved seeing our door get filled up. So would be all over that if we decide to plan it down the road.

YEY, on being able to upgrade Kirbo!

__________________
Disney Magic - western - 2011, Disney Fantasy - eastern - 2013, Disney Dream - Jan 2015
WDW many 1974 - 2000,Millenium New Year's Eve 1999/2000, 2007, 2009, 2011, Jan 2015
Wishing and Dreaming:Disneyland Summer 2015, Alaska Cruise Summer 2016
FabFivePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #32
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors
 
Kirbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabFivePA View Post
LOL Yep, Tammy

Love got glitched.. thinking we may need to change it after a while though, as those that start booking later who weren't glitch-i-fied may, rightfully so, not appreciate the name as much as we do right now. LOL

So glad to see our meet thread getting active already!

I'm sorry to say that we're FE scrooges. With everything we have going on, I consider getting a family of five on the ship with the clothes on our back accomplishment enough! I just know I would forget someone or something, etc.
We did participate in a magnet exchange though on our last cruise and we enjoyed that, and the kids loved seeing our door get filled up. So would be all over that if we decide to plan it down the road.

YEY, on being able to upgrade Kirbo!

Tammy does have a point about the name. Though I love the silly names.

Tammy, what's a magnet exchange? That almost sounds like something I could get DH on board with.

I think I'll start obsessing about the upgrade over the next few weeks. Looking at what our room will be like it really bugging me. I think I'd rather have less space but have the split bath and the room divider. Gotta have something to obsess over, right?
__________________
Kirbo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #33
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 49,047

I forgot to post that last night when I was checking out the other rooms available the total cost of our stateroom went DOWN $55!!!
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013



DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #34
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors
 
Kirbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
I forgot to post that last night when I was checking out the other rooms available the total cost of our stateroom went DOWN $55!!!
__________________
Kirbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #35
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 49,047

Just updated the available rooms for our cruise on the pricing thread and this thing is just about sold out already!!! Only R, T, V, 4A-E & 5C showing available tonight.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013



DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #36
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors
 
Kirbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Just updated the available rooms for our cruise on the pricing thread and this thing is just about sold out already!!! Only R, T, V, 4A-E & 5C showing available tonight.
I'm hoping that after the curtesy holds expire some other rooms will open. I'm thinking I want a cat 9 or a different kind of 8. I'll be checking obsessively on the 23rd
__________________
Kirbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #37
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 49,047

The best time to check is from midnight to about 12:15 am. Good luck!!! You know, the total for a 5C was only $3156 for the four of us. Your price might be less with younger kids.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013



DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #38
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran
 
tinkerbelltwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Neverland!
Posts: 1,465

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Kirbo, do you know that you can go in and change your category and get the same price it was when you booked your first room? You wouldn't pay the current price. You can go in and see what that would be in your reservation and modify the stateroom category. I would call DCL to make the change since there have been so many glitches with their system the past couple days.
Hi Lisa, We are considering this cruise. This is the first I've heard about going in and changing your category but getting the same price as when you first
booked. Is this something new or has this policy been around for awhile?

Beth
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #39
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors
 
Kirbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
The best time to check is from midnight to about 12:15 am. Good luck!!! You know, the total for a 5C was only $3156 for the four of us. Your price might be less with younger kids.
I'm pretty sure you booked earlier than we did and got a slightly lower rate, so I don't think ours would be quite that low. We're at $3102 for an 8A, I can't help but assume that our price for a 5C would be more than $54 greater. But I'll check.

When you say 12:15 am, is that east coast time? We're on the Pacific side, so maybe I'll try to check tonight at 9:15.

Lisa, I hope you don't mind, but I think I'm going to be asking you a LOT of questions over the next 17 months
__________________
Kirbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #40
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 49,047

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
Hi Lisa, We are considering this cruise. This is the first I've heard about going in and changing your category but getting the same price as when you first
booked. Is this something new or has this policy been around for awhile?

Beth
Beth, this has always been the case. When you go into your reservation online and click on modify stateroom, you will see the prices for the other rooms that are available. If you look at the cruise prices with a new cruise search & not through your reservation number, you will see the current prices. Just to make sure I wasn't misunderstood, you don't pay the same exact amount for a higher category, but you do pay the price that category was when you originally made your reservation. For example, we are now in a 5C at $3155. If we upgraded to a 4E it would then cost us $3295. If we changed to a cat 8A, our total due would decrease to the $2945 that cat was when we originally booked. If I wanted to upgrade to the R concierge room now, the total showing is $17k and change. It would be $25k for someone without a reservation now if they wanted to book it. HTH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
When you say 12:15 am, is that east coast time? We're on the Pacific side, so maybe I'll try to check tonight at 9:15.

Lisa, I hope you don't mind, but I think I'm going to be asking you a LOT of questions over the next 17 months
Yes, that is east coast time. Sorry! NP about the questions. If I don't know the answer someone here will. That's what is great about the board.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013



DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:44 PM   #41
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors
 
Kirbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Beth, this has always been the case. When you go into your reservation online and click on modify stateroom, you will see the prices for the other rooms that are available. If you look at the cruise prices with a new cruise search & not through your reservation number, you will see the current prices. Just to make sure I wasn't misunderstood, you don't pay the same exact amount for a higher category, but you do pay the price that category was when you originally made your reservation. For example, we are now in a 5C at $3155. If we upgraded to a 4E it would then cost us $3295. If we changed to a cat 8A, our total due would decrease to the $2945 that cat was when we originally booked. If I wanted to upgrade to the R concierge room now, the total showing is $17k and change. It would be $25k for someone without a reservation now if they wanted to book it. HTH.



Yes, that is east coast time. Sorry! NP about the questions. If I don't know the answer someone here will. That's what is great about the board.


I did call earlier and our price for a 5A would be over $300 more. I think I'd rather just get a lower 8 or a 9. But those aren't available now. I'll check late tonight or first thing in the morning.
__________________
Kirbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #42
hbg4
Ask me where I'm going on my next vacation ? Disney World of course
 
hbg4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post





Lisa, I started a thread asking if anyone had photos of an 8A. When searching, I saw you mention that your TA was sailing in one. Did she post any pictures anywhere that I can see? I really want to see the inside layout of the room.
Hi all
My TA managed to book this cruise for 2 adults and my DD16 at the time of sailing for $2310 for cat 8A. This does not even include our OBC yet. I was skeptical about the pricing also until I saw that others had also got this kind of pricing too.
NO matter what we will be sailing on this cruise.
I've included some photos of the 8A cabins on the dream for those who are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momm2four View Post
These pictures were taken by Travelgal2, my new best friend She just returned from a B2B Dream trip and managed to snap these pictures in between cruises. We are going to be in rooms 5520/5522 on the 6/2/12 Fantasy, so I was really curious as to the setup of the rooms and Tracey was awesome enough to get these for me

haven't taken the time to decide which is which as far as 5520 and which are 5522, but maybe you guys can decipher. She did say the rooms are mirror images of each other.


Best picture for seeing the layout of the room, Tracey commented that the rooms are spacious


bedroom area of the room


sitting area of the room


sitting area


desk area


room 5522 from the hall



Oh, and unfortunately, the bathrooms are not split baths. I didn't include the pictures because there are plenty out there of the reg. bathrooms.

Lori P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3smithboys View Post
can't resist..








OK, I'm finished
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsjbrook View Post
These are on the dream and do not have an obstructed view.

They my MIL was in one of these rooms 5520 in February, we were across the hall in the same type of room in 5020 and 5022.

There are two large portholes, the rooms are very large.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...23239874367322 Photos 70 to 72 are of 5020 and 5022.

The only issue is these rooms do not have a split bath.

I honestly would stay in these rooms without hesitation.

Nose wise, you are over the Walt Disney Theatre, so while the shows are on your room will vibrate and you will hear the show, but it didn't bother us at all.
__________________
DVC member BCV, BWV, SSR, AKV
59 visits to Walt Disney World and still counting
3 visits to Disney Land
7 cruises on Disney Magic
9 cruises on Disney Dream
2 cruises on Disney Wonder
1 cruise on the Disney Fantasy

Last edited by hbg4; 10-24-2011 at 06:22 PM.
hbg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #43
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors
 
Kirbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,258

Thanks for the photos and the link! I wish the one we are staying in looked like that one . I'm pretty sure the ones with that separate sleeping area are only for three people. In any case, the one we're in is one giant open room with no privacy curtain. And it has a long desk area built into the wall between and under the two windows. It'll be fine. It's not an ideal setup for us, but it'll work
__________________
Kirbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #44
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 49,047

We were booked in 5020 before moving to the 5C, so they have to sleep at least 4. DD asked what room the picture was of and I told her that is what we were booked in on the other side of the ship before I switched us to the verandah. After seeing the picture of the 5C, she is disappointed. LOL! Maybe next time when there isn't such a deal moving up to a verandah, dear.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013



DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #45
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors
 
Kirbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
We were booked in 5020 before moving to the 5C, so they have to sleep at least 4. DD asked what room the picture was of and I told her that is what we were booked in on the other side of the ship before I switched us to the verandah. After seeing the picture of the 5C, she is disappointed. LOL! Maybe next time when there isn't such a deal moving up to a verandah, dear.
Did that one have the cool half room divider? I thought those ones didn't have the overhead bed, but I must be wrong. I'd love one like that! They look like mini-suites . From everything I'm finding, our room will just big a big open room. I'll be super surprised and excited if we get there and it's not like that. And our room isn't listed as being HA, yet it only has one bathroom and it doesn't seem to have the cool round tub.

I'm so confused. But we'll have ample space and it should all work out .



Oh, we're in 6012.
__________________
Kirbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: