Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #136
DetailGal
WDW 7x, Disneyland 1x, DCL Cruiser 2x

We're joining you!

Phew, well I just read through all 9 pages to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I see an FE list hasn't been started yet. It is early. =) When we get to the point of putting one together I think we'll want to be included.

We are
Kara
Jeremy DH
Ethan DS10
Owen DS8
Maella DD4

(kids ages are at time of march 2013 sailing)

We (DH & I) did a 3n cruise in Dec to check it all out (dream to nassau and CC). Loved it and rebooked while on OB for march 2013. As January of this year brought us closer to this year's spring break we wanted so badly to do it this year, so we last minute planned a cruise for this spring break as well. We'll be on the magic 3/17 this year (our spring break moves to a week later next year). So this march will be our kids first cruise ever and our first one for anything longer than 3-4n. We did a 4 nighter on RCL about 7 years ago and at that time thought cruising wasn't for us. After our DCL trip in dec we are excited to start cruising with our kids. We've done lots of WDW the past several years.

DetailGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #137
willy3002
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
I have set up a FB page for this cruise and will be able to upload pictures and short reports there pretty easily. I don't post trip reports here, but will probably do a blog/note there. It is listed under "DCL Fantasy Spring Break March 23, 2013". Send me a PM here to let me know that you are a part of the DIS group if you send a request. I've found that a FB group has helped to keep some discussions grouped and easier to keep up with, along with a private group being a bit more secure than an open forum for planning and information.
Hi is their any other way of doing this forum then with FB??
willy3002 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #138
willy3002
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailGal View Post
Phew, well I just read through all 9 pages to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I see an FE list hasn't been started yet. It is early. =) When we get to the point of putting one together I think we'll want to be included.

We are
Kara
Jeremy DH
Ethan DS10
Owen DS8
Maella DD4

(kids ages are at time of march 2013 sailing)

We (DH & I) did a 3n cruise in Dec to check it all out (dream to nassau and CC). Loved it and rebooked while on OB for march 2013. As January of this year brought us closer to this year's spring break we wanted so badly to do it this year, so we last minute planned a cruise for this spring break as well. We'll be on the magic 3/17 this year (our spring break moves to a week later next year). So this march will be our kids first cruise ever and our first one for anything longer than 3-4n. We did a 4 nighter on RCL about 7 years ago and at that time thought cruising wasn't for us. After our DCL trip in dec we are excited to start cruising with our kids. We've done lots of WDW the past several years.
Can you tell me what is a FE list is?
willy3002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #139
DetailGal

FE Fish Extender Explanation

I'll reply but don't call me an expert yet b/c I'm still to take part in my first FE Exchange. We'll be doing it this March. FE stands for Fish Extender. On the Wonder and Magic there is a fish outside your stateroom door. A Fish Extender then is something that hangs from your fish (search for it on etsy.com and you'll see some cool pics). I don't remember from when we were on the Dream in Dec, or for that matter what it will be on the fantasy but I am sure there is something like the fish outside your stateroom door. The FE becomes something your room steward or others can put things in. And thus was born I guess the exchange. Prior to a cruise people form a list saying if they are interested in being included. It's kind of like a secret santa thing, or you can include names too. So if say we have 40 rooms who want to participate, each room would put together a small gift for the other 39 rooms and deliver them at some point during the cruise. In turn they would get 39 gifts from the others. I've read of some people setting it up with parameters like homemade gifts, one gift per room, one gift for each person (think dollar store type gifts for kids, practical stuff for mom, etc). I believe a group could decide however they wanted to do it. Before the cruise sets sail and with enough time to put together gifts, everyone on the list would get the full list of people participating, along with which stateroom you'll be in so they know where to deliver the gifts. If a stateroom changes or you're on GTY category you can just slip a note in everyone's FE on night 1 to say which stateroom they'll find your FE hanging at. Hope that helps!

Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #140
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

I just learned that I can post a link to the FB group so you can find it!!! It's at https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/171229406326099/.

The FB page is not a replacement for the thread here. This is still great for chatting and getting to know each other. The FB page is simply a more secure place. For example, on the current cruise we have names, room numbers, where we are from, and kids names included on the crew list. This has helped several people meet up prior to the cruise where they may not have realized they were so close otherwise. It also resulted in two people who work at Hopkins Medical Center to be able to give personal support to fellow cruisers when their daughter was admitted there for a critical injury.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #141
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
I just learned that I can post a link to the FB group so you can find it!!! It's at https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/171229406326099/.
Thank you!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #142
lbgraves

I just set up an email to use for the FE group. This is really early, but I have added it to the first post since it has already been discussed.

If you would like to be a part of the FE exchange group on this cruise, please send an email to
fantasyspringbreak2013cruisers@yahoo.com.

In the email send me your stateroom number, Disboard name, first name of each person in the stateroom, relationship to you (DH, DW, DD, DS, etc) ages and gender of children. Also please note if there are any dietary restrictions.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011

Old 02-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #143
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
to the crew!!! How old is your DD going to be on the cruise?
DD will be 7 by the time of this cruise. Gosh, I can't hardly believe that!!!

Thanks for the FB page!
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #144
LV Disney Fan(atic)
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." - WD

Quote:
Welcome! We're 2 weeks behind you on the Magic - take good care of her for us .
Old 02-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #145
lbgraves

I have a request to join the Facebook page from Caryn, but no PM. Please send one with your information so that I can get you linked.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #146
DetailGal

formal night

I have a question that is more pressing due to our march 2012 trip but that group is alot quieter... so I'm wondering if someone in this group for our next year trip could tell me your thoughts on this... How formal do women get for formal night? On our 3n cruise in Dec we didn't have formal night. I really thought everyone was quite casual too, probably a bit moreso b/c of kids. I would imagine some kids will wear dress shorts with polos on casual dining nights? And getting back to formal night. I have shirts and ties for my kids, dressy dress for daughter, husband will likely not do suit but just shirt and tie. Should I wear an old formal not fluffy but long prom dress (sparkly) or should I wear a cute, classy skirt i have with heels and simple blouse with pretty jewelry?

Thanks! (so this is a two part question i guess... me for formal night and kids for casual wear dining nights)

Old 02-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #147
lbgraves

Quote:
I Should I wear an old formal not fluffy but long prom dress (sparkly) or should I wear a cute, classy skirt i have with heels and simple blouse with pretty jewelry?

Thanks! (so this is a two part question i guess... me for formal night and kids for casual wear dining nights)
The formal would be good for formal night and the other would be great for semiformal night. My son has always worn khakis/long pants and a polo or button down shirt for the other nights, sometimes with one of his ties. He has a collection. He wears a suit jacket & tie both formal nights. DD loves to dress up every night. I don't get much opportunity to dress up around here, so I do as well. DH pretty much wears polos/khakis for the casual nights.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #148
DetailGal

Quote:
The formal would be good for formal night and the other would be great for semiformal night. My son has always worn khakis/long pants and a polo or button down shirt for the other nights, sometimes with one of his ties. He has a collection. He wears a suit jacket & tie both formal nights. DD loves to dress up every night. I don't get much opportunity to dress up around here, so I do as well. DH pretty much wears polos/khakis for the casual nights.
well i had to scratch the blue sequined formal. it fit when i wore it on the RCL cruise which was post my first pregnancy. i guess my hips got wider yet after #2 b/c it no longer looks good around hips. =( funny how one can weigh less and still not be able to fit into her old clothes. gotta love what pregnancy does to one's body. (i actually lost weight during my third pregnancy. =) we call that pregnancy a paper pregnancy and i lost weight due to all the stress!! we adopted our third child from russia). thanks for sharing what you guys do for dressing up. i wish my boys enjoyed dressing up more. they are clones of their dad i guess. they'll wear what i pack for them, but i can't push my luck too far or they'll go sour on me. =)

Old 02-25-2012, 01:16 PM   #149
lbgraves

Tell them they can wear dinner clothes for 2 hours -- long enough for pictures and dinner, then they can change back into shorts for the club/show.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #150
Fadog
Mouseketeer

Just wondering if someone could explain to me what the "Blue Light Special" is? We booked this cruise through DVC so we have no idea as to cabin pricing or specials but would love to know for the future. There will be 6 of us this time with the youngest being DD18, so an all adult cruise for the first time.

Magic 1998
Magic 2001
Magic 2003
Magic 2004
HA Oosterdam 2008
Fantasy 2013 (we will be Golden!)
Fadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: