Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

July 18, 2007 07-18-07 Med Cruise

Woo-hoo! Our TA has a Cat. 6 Cabin held for us on the July 18th Med. cruise and we're super excited about it! Anyone else???

The latest list of DIS Travelers can be found at here.

Information about the DIS Meet - Wednesday, July 18th, one hour before safety drill, in the Promenade Lounge, Deck 3.

Information about Lunch at Lumiere's - Thursday, July 19th, noon. Another opportunity to Meet and Greet with your fellow DIS-Board travelers!

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013

Last edited by nzdisneymom; 07-03-2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: add link to post with DIS travelers
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
minneapolismickey
disney fan doctor

We are booked for two rooms on July 18!

We are also very excited about the journey. It is going to be hard to wait so long for this one, especially since we are going to keep it a surprise from DS7 and DS4....

I'm still rocking on land after getting off of the boat last Saturday.

minneapolismickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Hiya Minneapolis!

Welcome back from your last cruise! We sailed for the first time in Dec. 2005 (Western on the Magic) and rebooked for Dec. 2006 on the Wonder because of school schedules which actually became even more complicated... but hooray - we're transferring our Dec. 2006 reservation to the July 18th, 2007 one in the Med!

We're a family of 4. At the time we travel, DH will be 51 (just turned the big 5-0 on Sunday), I'll be 43, and the boys will be 11 and nearly 10.

Look forward to getting to know you in these next 14 months before we sail.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #4
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Well, we're officially booked, cabin 6116.

Old 04-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #5
minneapolismickey
disney fan doctor

Hi nz-

We are a DH 40, myself 41 and two DS's who will be 5 and 9 on the cruise. We will also be travelling with DGma and DNephew who will be newly 12. Sounds like our boys may be interested in meeting, especially if your boys liked the kids club as much as ours did. We are officially in rms 6506 and 6504. So great to get the discount on this one! Looking forward to counting down with you and others over the next year...

Angie

Old 04-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #6
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Angie -
My younger DS loved the Kids' Club but my older one could take it or leave it, and since he'll be 11 when we go again, we'll have to figure out what he'll be doing when we're on board. He'll most likely just hang out watching t.v. in the Cabin or filling up on pizza and soda on Deck 9. Though I'm excited about Ocean Quest - I think he'll enjoy it - we didn't even get there to look at it in December. If they'd had more "free time" in the Lab, he would've enjoyed it more, but he didn't really like the organized activities so much. Like I said, the younger one was all about the Lab So what I'm thinking is that we'll check the kids' navigators and when there is "stormin' the lab" time, we'll be sure to have DS#1 go then but he'll be old enough to check himself out when they do activities he doesn't want to do. Plus I am thinking we'll be spending a lot more time in the ports, too.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:59 PM   #7
ButterbearUK
Mouseketeer

We're coming to join you guys...

...on the July 18th Med cruise. My family and I will be on deck 5, Rooms 5130 and 5131.

I'm sooooo excited
ButterbearUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #8
moochinkassarole
Mouseketeer

Hi shipmates!
Cindy...which cruise were you on? Dec 3rd? Did we sail together??
Are you following me or am I following you?

My DS will be 10 getting on the ship and 11 getting off the ship. He is excited to celebrate his birthday in Barcelona.

My DD will be 9 at the time of sailing. Both kids love the lab. I don't imagine them spending too much time there on this cruise simply because this is their 4th cruise and they have never been to Italy or France. They can't believe they are actually going to see these places in real life. It's pretty cute.

I think we are going to fly into Paris and poke around there for a few days (and pick up lots of Eiffel Tower trinkets...I collect them!). Maybe even hit Disney Paris (surprise the kids). Then we will take the train down to Barcelona. Fun!! I'm awfully excited!

Did you read that we might have excursions to DP? Something about a wait list, though I'm not 100% sure. I emailed my TA, but she's vacationing right now.

Anyone else planning trips before or after the cruise?
BTW, we are in cabin 6532 but hoping to transfer over to 6562.
See you soon!
Kitty
moochinkassarole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:04 PM   #9
minneapolismickey
disney fan doctor

Welcome everyone Thanks for joining in!

So glad to see this thread starting early since I have a hard time believing that I am planning this trip so far in advance (I am typically a last minute type of person). Cindy- I wonder if things have changed in the kids clubs. I noticed a lot more free time in the lab this year than in past navigators. Every other hour seemed to be free time including designated time in Ocean Quest. I loved staying on the boat when everyone else got off last week, but I agree that on this cruise we will all get off a little more often. I'm sure that my kids will make lots of time for the kids clubs regardless.

Kitty- we are planning to visit two previous exchange students in Germany before we get on the boat. We will probably be in Cologne, Germany 4 days before we head to Barcelona. I heard from Europeans on the cruise last week that flights within Europe are very cheap ($20 one way from London to Barcelona). Apparently they are much cheaper than the train. Be sure to check into that when you get closer to making your Paris plans. Perhaps ButterbearUK can help with ideas on that...

I have not heard anything about an excursion to Disneyland Paris, but I know that DGma would be interested in that. I wonder if it is very similar to WDW. I also thought about a quick trip into Paris, but we visit WDW so often that I'd probably rather see the Eiffel Tower and Louvre, etc...if we head to Paris.

I'm so excited to have so much fun planning to do! Drives me crazy that there is no where to read about the experiences with the mediterranean itineraries and excursions, not to mention themes at dinner and shows.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #10
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

We're joining you guys too! Our crew will include me, my mom, daughter (who will be almost 3.5yo at the time) and my son (who's on the way now, due August 28th, so he'll be around 10 or 11 months old). We're in a cat 3, #8100, and already so excited!!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:29 PM   #11
moochinkassarole
Mouseketeer

I see London, I see France.....

Oh, London! I've got a best friend who lives there! Sweet! I'm going to talk DH into flying to London and stay a couple of days, then pop over to Paris and stay a spell and then plop over to Barcelona. OH boy! This is getting better and better!

I talked to my girlfriend and she is seriously thinking about coming on the cruise as well. She has two kids similar to Kass and Paris. That would be so much fun! I had Disney send her a DVD.

I think I'll visit cruise critic dot com and see about the ports there. I'm sure we can find some great info to share with eachother.

BTW...I've read that schools get out on July 20th. As long as we tack on extra vacation days BEFORE our cruise, we should be in good shape. It could be good, it could be bad. Some people are thinking, gee, we only have a few days left of school, let's blow this taco stand. Others will say, these last few days are awfully important and there's no way I'm pulling little Johnny out of school early. I'm fine. Who cares. I just want to go and enjoy! Long lines? Eh. No big deal. WAIT! Are't there a lot of everywhere? Ugh! Someone shed some light on the subject. Is it everywhere? In lines, restaurants, etc.

Kitty
who is suddenly craving a Thai ice tea
moochinkassarole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #12
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all those who joined us!

I've already put in my leave request for next summer for 2 weeks - we will likely fly in on Monday (or Sunday) before sailing on Wednesday, and then return home either Saturday, Sunday or Monday, depending on which would give us the better airfare (minus hotel expenses). I'd like to have a day or two pre-cruise in Barcelona (don't want it to be just a departure point, KWIM), and I expect that we'll just be ready to get back on home after the cruise is over... actually I need to get out a map to see exactly where we're going (LOL).

Pre- and post-cruise will mostly be determined by how much our airfare *doesn't* cost us -- I've budgeted $1,500 per person for airfare based on what DCL is booking airfare for now plus what I've been able to see for this summer. But if we're able to get better fare, then I'll have extra $ to use for other things.

I am thinking about just doing airfare thru DCL and transfers, too, just to make things easier for us -- otherwise I likely won't relax until we actually get on the ship... but I don't want to be fiscally irresponsible either (KWIM?). I'm just starting to read on cruise critic about the various ports we're going to, and especially looking for info about Barcelona since that's where we'll be "on our own" if we don't do DCL transportation.

Old 04-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #13
todds34
Mouseketeer

Hi All

I'll be joining you all along with my DD (11) on this wonderful cruise. This is our 2nd cruise our 1st was on 07.01.2006 Eastern Carribean so can't wait for this next one. At least for me it will be a little closer to home only a short 3 1/2 hr flight from Scotland to Barcelona instead of a 1hr 30 min flight to London then a whopping 9 hr 10 min flight to Orlando.

My DD loved the kids club the last time and can't wait to spend most of her time there, giving me loads of time to relax, sunbathe and use the spa, BLISS .

I did not know about the DIS board before the last cruise so it will be nice to get to know fellow cruisers before we go this time.
todds34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #14
todds34
Mouseketeer

Me again sorry, meant to say thanks to minneapolis mickey for letting me know about this thread.
todds34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #15
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Welcome welcome welcome ...

I got out the world map today and see where we're actually going! I ordered some travel books and maps from AAA.

Anyone know when DCL might actually post information about shore excursions?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: