Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #886
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another month has gone by.
We now have only

months to go to the Fantasy.
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western

TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #887
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Hi All!

I got confirmation today that my request for a private function was received with a very positive tone about the possibility of accommodating us! The woman suggested, however, that we change the time from 3:00 to 2:45 or earlier, as she was concerned about us making the 3:45 muster drill. I still think 3:00 should be fine, as the plan is just to say hi and put faces with names. We won't be engaging in any structured activity or anything, will we? I think any earlier might be pushing it at the other end. Anyone else have any opinions about this?

So excited to his the two month mark today!!
Cruises To Date:Jan. 25 - 28, 2007: 3 Night Bahamian on the Wonder May 3 - 10, 2008: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Magic June 15 - 22, 2013: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy June 13 - 20, 2015: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
Trips to WDW: 1972 - off site, 1974 - off site, July 1999 - Caribbean Beach, April 2010 - Pop Century, June 2012 - Pop Century, Dec. 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, June 2014 - Pop Century
May 3-10 Western Trippie: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726945 June 15 - 22 Eastern Trippie http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post48933156
bobbi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #888
luvavacation
DIS Veteran

Well, my family shall step foot upon the ship as early as possible, therefore 2:45 works for us, but considering some people might have later flights or be delayed, I think 3:00 is a better choice. As far as I know, we still don't need the life vests for the muster drill, so it isn't as if anyone has to go back to the room to retrieve them.

Or, perhaps we could have some people show up at 2:45 so DCL is happy, but with the hope that everyone that would like to say hello and put names to faces be there by 3:00? Either way, I am sure we can make it work. I know I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!
luvavacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #889
Karrie12
Earning My Ears

Hello!

I switched from the DCL Wonder sailing to Alaska in July to this cruise. I am super excited!
I am traveling with my 21 year old daughter, 5 year old daughter, my friend, Jaime, her mom and 5 year old daughter. Our girls can't wait to visit BBB.

Hope to meet many of you

~Karrie

*Oooops, how do I get rid of my Alaskan cruise ticker?? lol wish I was able to go on both, that sure would be nice, lol

Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #890
4newtocruise
Minnie, R.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbi565 View Post
Hi All!

I got confirmation today that my request for a private function was received with a very positive tone about the possibility of accommodating us! The woman suggested, however, that we change the time from 3:00 to 2:45 or earlier, as she was concerned about us making the 3:45 muster drill. I still think 3:00 should be fine, as the plan is just to say hi and put faces with names. We won't be engaging in any structured activity or anything, will we? I think any earlier might be pushing it at the other end. Anyone else have any opinions about this?

So excited to his the two month mark today!!
I agree that we can say 2:45 and if those can make it at that time, great! 3:00-3:45 is a little tight, especially if people actually come a little later than that. It may be hard for my 13 year old DD to stop talking!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #891
Janis
DIS Veteran

Bobbi,

2:45 is good for me and my family. Thanks again for taking the lead on this!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #892
tncplace
Mouseketeer

We are good with 2:45 as well. Hope to have made reservations the the mixology classes, have lunch and a spin on aquaduck before that.

tncplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #893
npuhala
Earning My Ears

2:45 works for us thanks for arranging this!
npuhala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #894
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

Alright! Sent an email to ok the time change. Thanks for the feedback.
Cruises To Date:Jan. 25 - 28, 2007: 3 Night Bahamian on the Wonder May 3 - 10, 2008: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Magic June 15 - 22, 2013: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy June 13 - 20, 2015: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
Trips to WDW: 1972 - off site, 1974 - off site, July 1999 - Caribbean Beach, April 2010 - Pop Century, June 2012 - Pop Century, Dec. 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, June 2014 - Pop Century
May 3-10 Western Trippie: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726945 June 15 - 22 Eastern Trippie http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post48933156
bobbi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #895
AlyssaKayelin
Earning My Ears

Meet and Greet!

Hello Everyone,
I am 21 years old and am traveling with my mom, little sister her friend and her daughter. I am excited to experience my first Disney Cruise. However, I hope it's not too difficult to find or meet people my age.

Is there anyone else that is 21 and would like to meet?

CANT WAIT!!!

xoxo
Alyssa
AlyssaKayelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #896
KSDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrie12 View Post
Hello!

I switched from the DCL Wonder sailing to Alaska in July to this cruise. I am super excited!
I am traveling with my 21 year old daughter, 5 year old daughter, my friend, Jaime, her mom and 5 year old daughter. Our girls can't wait to visit BBB.

Hope to meet many of you

~Karrie

*Oooops, how do I get rid of my Alaskan cruise ticker?? lol wish I was able to go on both, that sure would be nice, lol

Welcome. What a change from Alaska! Although I think an Alaskan cruise would be beautiful, I like my vacation weather to be warm. Summers here can be cool at times and I like the warm weather. The Easter Caribbean is our favorite itinerary.

Did you get rid of your Alaska ticker? You should be able to get rid of it by click on UserCP in the blue bar above. Just click on edit signature an delete the ticker from your signature. You might want to move your Eastern Caribbean ticker to your signature as it appears you copied it into the post itself as it showed up when I replied to your post.
WDW - BCV (Jun '12) BLT (Jun '11); Boardwalk (Sep '10); Poly (Aug '07), CR (Nov '06), AKL (Nov '04, Sept '06), Swan (Dec '05), POR (Dec '98, Mar '10), POFQ (Mar '05), CSR (Nov '02), CBR (Jun '03), Sports (Dec99, Oct '01, Dec '02), Music (Aug '09), Movies (Dec '00, Aug '07), Pop (Jun '04 Jun '05)
DLR - August 2008 and January 2013 at DLH
DCL Gold CC Member: Magic Western (Sep-05, Sep-06); Magic Panama Canal Repo (Aug-08); Wonder 4-night (Mar-10 and Sept-10) Fantasy Eastern (Jun-12)

Next Trip: 6/15/2013 - 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy and BLT!
KSDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #897
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only

weeks to go to the Fantasy.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #898
weaves18
Earning My Ears

St. Thomas SUP, anyone interested?

I know many of you already made your plans for St. Thomas day but just in case anyone wants to join us Stand Up Paddle Boarding I contacted VIP paddle (after a lot of research of different places) and got this response.

We actually offer pickup from Havensight, where your ship will be docking, via our dingy. That way you will not have to worry about a taxi or the ferry. We can head back to the ship whenever you are ready and make sure you don't miss the ship. What time will your ship be docking?

We normally meet at 10am at Fat Turtle Restaurant in Yacht Haven Grande. It's less than a 5 minute walk from where your ship docks. Please let me know if that time works for you, otherwise we can adjust earlier or later, it's totally up to you.

Please let me know if you would like to make a reservation and I will send you an invoice via paypal. We require a 30% deposit to hold a reservation and the remainder can be payed on the morning of the excursion. (Our excursion rate is 79.00 per person)

Their website is http://www.vipaddleclub.com/ to check out more info.

We plan on meeting them at 10 and getting back before 2:15. For those of you with kiddos, the children's rate is lower I think $59. I follow them on facebook and it looks like a lot of fun! If you are interested feel free to join in As you can probably tell, my DH nor I have had any experience with SUP but it is something I always wanted to do.
I look forward to meeting you all on the 15th!
weaves18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #899
Firemom25
Disney Cruiser

Joining Thread (I Hope!)

Hello. This will be our second cruise. We went same month (June) last year for our first cruise going on the Western Caribbean and LOVED it. We signed up for this cruise while still on the last cruise. It will be me (I am 50 yrs old), DS who is 15, DD who just turned 13, and my mom, Grandma, who is...well....in her 70's. I am a widow so no DH....

We traveled last year and will again this year with my best friend who moved from Maryland (where I live) to just outside Disney World as she LOVES everything Disney. I am becoming that way too, I think! Nothing wrong with that!

My friend will have her DD who is also 15 like my son....in fact their birthdays are one day apart!

We will be having adjoining cabins for this Cruise and we are on the 8th deck.

I am trying to understand the FE. I have a picture of one and will show my DD it to see if she wants to work with me to make one. I think I will make one for my friend too! We saw a lot of things on some people's doors last June and I want to get in on more of that kind of activity to enhance the Disney Cruise Experience!!

My friend lives in Windemere, FL which of course is very close to Disney! We will be flying to FL on 13 June and stay in her house until 15 June. We will drive to the dock from her house on 15 June.....

I am only on page 40 of the posts so I am behind on where everyone's plans are...but I wanted to introduce myself!
Firemom25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #900
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemom25 View Post
Hello. This will be our second cruise. We went same month (June) last year for our first cruise going on the Western Caribbean and LOVED it. We signed up for this cruise while still on the last cruise. It will be me (I am 50 yrs old), DS who is 15, DD who just turned 13, and my mom, Grandma, who is...well....in her 70's. I am a widow so no DH....

We traveled last year and will again this year with my best friend who moved from Maryland (where I live) to just outside Disney World as she LOVES everything Disney. I am becoming that way too, I think! Nothing wrong with that!

My friend will have her DD who is also 15 like my son....in fact their birthdays are one day apart!

We will be having adjoining cabins for this Cruise and we are on the 8th deck.

I am trying to understand the FE. I have a picture of one and will show my DD it to see if she wants to work with me to make one. I think I will make one for my friend too! We saw a lot of things on some people's doors last June and I want to get in on more of that kind of activity to enhance the Disney Cruise Experience!!

My friend lives in Windemere, FL which of course is very close to Disney! We will be flying to FL on 13 June and stay in her house until 15 June. We will drive to the dock from her house on 15 June.....

I am only on page 40 of the posts so I am behind on where everyone's plans are...but I wanted to introduce myself!
aboard the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. We were on the 6/23/12 Western last year if this was the cruise you were on last year. For the FE sorry but the join up close date was 3 weeks ago. This cutoff is traditionally done to give participants time to gather and make their FE gifts. Please feel free to also join our FE page as well. The link is in the first post of this thread. If you have any questions reagarding this cruise please do not hesitiate to ask.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: