Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #661
bobbi565
DIS Veteran
 
bobbi565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 852

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambersharley
I am thinking about running the 5K too. My husband thinks I have lost my mind! LOL!
I figure if you're gonna run a 5k, might as well do it with Disney! Come join the rest of us crazies!
__________________
Cruises To Date:Jan. 25 - 28, 2007: 3 Night Bahamian on the Wonder May 3 - 10, 2008: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Magic June 15 - 22, 2013: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy June 13 - 20, 2015: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
Trips to WDW: 1972 - off site, 1974 - off site, July 1999 - Caribbean Beach, April 2010 - Pop Century, June 2012 - Pop Century, Dec. 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, June 2014 - Pop Century
May 3-10 Western Trippie: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726945 June 15 - 22 Eastern Trippie http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post48933156
bobbi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #662
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran
 
TIGGER/POOH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,002

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only

weeks to go to the Fantasy.
__________________
Jun 2007 Land & Sea, Oct 2007 DCL Halloween 4 Day
May 2008 DCL Western, Oct 2008 DCL Eastern
Oct 2009 DCL Eastern, Oct 2010 DCL Western
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western



TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-09-2013, 10:38 AM   #663
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,005

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambersharley
I am thinking about running the 5K too. My husband thinks I have lost my mind! LOL!
I hope to do the run also, probably with some family members. DD16 runs cross country, so I'll just be seeing her pony tail disappearing into the distance. I'm a slogger.
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #664
staley98
The Mouse makes me feel like a little girl again!
 
staley98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 201

I've got a question: Do my kids need an autograph book on the ship? We've really enjoyed getting autographs during character dining at WDW, so I ordered the DCL autograph books from the Disney Store. However, after reading many threads, I'm wondering if they're obsolete unless you want to stand in really long lines. I had originally thought that they could take them to the kids clubs with them. Please advise
__________________
Anne
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/dqko60w7q94o1jr8.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
staley98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #665
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran
 
TIGGER/POOH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by staley98 View Post
I've got a question: Do my kids need an autograph book on the ship? We've really enjoyed getting autographs during character dining at WDW, so I ordered the DCL autograph books from the Disney Store. However, after reading many threads, I'm wondering if they're obsolete unless you want to stand in really long lines. I had originally thought that they could take them to the kids clubs with them. Please advise
Autograph books are fine. I would recommend instead of bringing it with you to every photo op to just give the book to guest services at the beginning of the cruise. You state what autographs you want and you will get the book back on the last day of the cruise in your stateroom. Since the characters have time you get autographs that look really good. You will also save lots of time in line in that you are no longer asking for autograph before getting a picture with the character. When you give the book to guest services we usually include a set of sharpies and some candy as a thank you gift for the time the CMs are taking to do the autographs. We now submit photo mats for autographs every cruise and they come out looking great.

Here is a pic of one of our photo mats.

__________________
Jun 2007 Land & Sea, Oct 2007 DCL Halloween 4 Day
May 2008 DCL Western, Oct 2008 DCL Eastern
Oct 2009 DCL Eastern, Oct 2010 DCL Western
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western



TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #666
staley98
The Mouse makes me feel like a little girl again!
 
staley98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4

Autograph books are fine. I would recommend instead of bringing it with you to every photo op to just give the book to guest services at the beginning of the cruise. You state what autographs you want and you will get the book back on the last day of the cruise in your stateroom. Since the characters have time you get autographs that look really good. You will also save lots of time in line in that you are no longer asking for autograph before getting a picture with the character. When you give the book to guest services we usually include a set of sharpies and some candy as a thank you gift for the time the CMs are taking to do the autographs. We now submit photo mats for autographs every cruise and they come out looking great.

Here is a pic of one of our photo mats.
Thank you for the advice. Is it too much to do the books and a mat?
__________________
Anne
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/dqko60w7q94o1jr8.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
staley98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #667
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran
 
TIGGER/POOH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by staley98

Thank you for the advice. Is it too much to do the books and a mat?
DCL will usually limit you to 2 items per stateroom. The exception being if you have 3 kids in the room. You can certainly do one book and one photo mat if you like. If you do a photo mat I would leave a note whether you want the signatures horizontal or vertical. We do one of each because you never know which picture is going out best.
__________________
Jun 2007 Land & Sea, Oct 2007 DCL Halloween 4 Day
May 2008 DCL Western, Oct 2008 DCL Eastern
Oct 2009 DCL Eastern, Oct 2010 DCL Western
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western



TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #668
LittleBooPeep
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbi565 View Post
I figure if you're gonna run a 5k, might as well do it with Disney! Come join the rest of us crazies!
A definate must !!! Trying to talk the rest of my family into it too but if they don't I'm in :-)
LittleBooPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #669
LittleBooPeep
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4 View Post
Autograph books are fine. I would recommend instead of bringing it with you to every photo op to just give the book to guest services at the beginning of the cruise. You state what autographs you want and you will get the book back on the last day of the cruise in your stateroom. Since the characters have time you get autographs that look really good. You will also save lots of time in line in that you are no longer asking for autograph before getting a picture with the character. When you give the book to guest services we usually include a set of sharpies and some candy as a thank you gift for the time the CMs are taking to do the autographs. We now submit photo mats for autographs every cruise and they come out looking great.

Here is a pic of one of our photo mats.
The Photo Matt is wonderful, what a great memory - love this tip!!!
LittleBooPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #670
LittleBooPeep
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10

[QUOTE=staley98;47644668]Just happened upon this and thought that many of you would get a big kick out of it too.

Enjoy!

My DS8 loved this... will it never end!!!
LittleBooPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #671
mancub
Earning My Ears
 
mancub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Lawrenceville, IL
Posts: 47

Finally joining

We have finally read through all of the posts and requested the fb group!
We are DH(mancub),DW(me), DS16 and DD14. We have two other cabins in our party (12 total people) but they are not the Disney fanatics that we are, so we may be the only cabin joining the fe in our group. This is our 4th DCL cruise (one on each ship) and 6th total cruise but if course Disney is our fav! We are staying BLT before cruise and BCV after cruise. If we can add to the Bernard's tour, we may add 4-12 others -will look into the website. In our group will also be girls 9 and 16 (turning 17 on cruise) and boys 7 and 12. We would be interested in meeting in Disney before the cruise for those staying at Disney prior. We fall into the educator segment with DH teaching 6th grade social studies and myself a school social worker - summer cannot be here soon enough! Will hopefully keep up with the boards before the cruise so keep posting great ideas.
__________________
Amy
mancub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #672
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran
 
TIGGER/POOH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancub View Post
We have finally read through all of the posts and requested the fb group!
We are DH(mancub),DW(me), DS16 and DD14. We have two other cabins in our party (12 total people) but they are not the Disney fanatics that we are, so we may be the only cabin joining the fe in our group. This is our 4th DCL cruise (one on each ship) and 6th total cruise but if course Disney is our fav! We are staying BLT before cruise and BCV after cruise. If we can add to the Bernard's tour, we may add 4-12 others -will look into the website. In our group will also be girls 9 and 16 (turning 17 on cruise) and boys 7 and 12. We would be interested in meeting in Disney before the cruise for those staying at Disney prior. We fall into the educator segment with DH teaching 6th grade social studies and myself a school social worker - summer cannot be here soon enough! Will hopefully keep up with the boards before the cruise so keep posting great ideas.
aboard the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. If you have any questions regarding the Fantasy or the Eastern itinerary please feel free to ask.
__________________
Jun 2007 Land & Sea, Oct 2007 DCL Halloween 4 Day
May 2008 DCL Western, Oct 2008 DCL Eastern
Oct 2009 DCL Eastern, Oct 2010 DCL Western
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western



TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #673
LittleBooPeep
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10

Breakfast Times & Restaurant Rotations?

Ok “Newby” here, can someone advise when breakfast starts? And where to go? Is it the same Restaurant assigned for your dinner rotation… completely lost?
LittleBooPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #674
TIGGER/POOH4
DIS Veteran
 
TIGGER/POOH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBooPeep View Post
Ok “Newby” here, can someone advise when breakfast starts? And where to go? Is it the same Restaurant assigned for your dinner rotation… completely lost?
Breakfast and Lunch are not like dinner. There is no assigned times/restraurant for breakfast or lunch. There is the buffet at cabanas on deck 11 and also on some days in the Enchanted Garden on deck 2. There is a sit down breakfast and lunch in the Royal court on deck 3. You also have in the pool area Filmore's Favorites/Luigi's Pizza/tow Mater's Grill for lunch. Lastly there is always room service which is 24/7. Hours for each restaurants vary based on whether it is a sea day or port day. Breakfast in Cabanas on a sea day starts at 7am for continental and 7:30am for the full hot breakfast. On port days Cabanas will be open early. You should check out your daily navigator for exact times.
__________________
Jun 2007 Land & Sea, Oct 2007 DCL Halloween 4 Day
May 2008 DCL Western, Oct 2008 DCL Eastern
Oct 2009 DCL Eastern, Oct 2010 DCL Western
Oct 2011 DCL Eastern, Jun 2012 DCL Western
Jun 2013 DCL Eastern, Jun 2014 DCL Western



TIGGER/POOH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #675
LittleBooPeep
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER/POOH4 View Post
Breakfast and Lunch are not like dinner. There is no assigned times/restraurant for breakfast or lunch. There is the buffet at cabanas on deck 11 and also on some days in the Enchanted Garden on deck 2. There is a sit down breakfast and lunch in the Royal court on deck 3. You also have in the pool area Filmore's Favorites/Luigi's Pizza/tow Mater's Grill for lunch. Lastly there is always room service which is 24/7. Hours for each restaurants vary based on whether it is a sea day or port day. Breakfast in Cabanas on a sea day starts at 7am for continental and 7:30am for the full hot breakfast. On port days Cabanas will be open early. You should check out your daily navigator for exact times.
Thanks so much, I saw links to some Fantasy Navigators, I'll check those out.
LittleBooPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.